Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

ford donald
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I wouldn’t claim it’s anywhere near scientific but I always find polls on here interesting and I doubt it will result in any more drivel than normal if I’m being honest. I set it up as Dave McLaren, Hearts Supporter rather than In any ‘official’ capacity. 

Correct.What did you vote?!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

ford donald
31 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Jesus wept.

75% of JKB are hobo infiltrators, its worse than I thought.

Shocking!

sairyinthat
45 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Are you for real? We've scored less goals than last season and are one place lower....despite signing 3 experienced full international players. These are facts, not opinions, spin, observations or anything else. Not what I would consider an improvement. 

Very real,you think we are having a bad season?Despite the fact it has not yet finished,how weird

Greedy_Jambo
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If we can graduate a few of the youngsters out on loan (zanatta, Keena and Morrison) and introduce them into games, rather than playing 3 youngsters in a starting 11, then I think we wont need to panic buy a whole new team.

I agree regarding the players above for us to keep, adding 3-4 players who know the SPL and are good enough to make a difference. Alex Shalk for example. He's only goal behind Lafferty in the top scorers

Not trying to start an argument here but he's something to think about. If Craig Levein has had no influence over player signings while being the director of football, Why did we sign Buaben and Gomez? Both of which played for him at Dundee Utd. 

(nothing to do with that quote by the way )

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

It should have been ten
Just now, Smithee said:

Most under-rated function on JKB mate!

You're right there mate, spot on!

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Correct.What did you vote?!

I voted to stay, surprisingly enough, though I reserve the right to change my mind in future polls. 

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Not trying to start an argument here but he's something to think about. If Craig Levein has had no influence over player signings while being the director of football, Why did we sign Buaben and Gomez? Both of which played for him at Dundee Utd. 

That was way way back when Neilson was just starting - clearly he and Levein discussed it. You can take your pick as to whether Neilson asked, was given options or told...

All Out Attack

Polls are always intesting on JKB, however if the Cathro experience tell us anything, it is that the JKB members are not always in sync with other social media and especially those who do always attend games,  yet don't appear on here. 

There are clearly many on here  who can't always make games and use this site as a method for keeping up to date with the latest gossip etc on Hearts, so don't always feel the need for change, as opposed to those who may suffer more by following Hearts around the country. 

I remember looking on here during the Cathro crisis, where thousands were booing and protesting at the end of games and social media was having polls indicating people had had enough,  yet on here the figures didn't reflect this at all.

It would be interesting for example if the poll was limited to those who attended Easter Road last week, where our stand had emptied 10 minutes before the end etc. 

Good thread though and perhaps this should be a sticky thread for current and any future managers. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I think the guy acknowledged  Craig would offer his views, but worth remembering that Robbie played against them many times and even spent a year at United himself.

Class of 75
3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Opinions are one thing, but blatant wrong info and lies is another

List the bad singings Craig has made (not ones that Cathro and Neilson made, as they were the managers and made their own signings) but the specific players that Craig Levein, himself, has signed that have been "flops"

Mitchell, Adao, Milinkovic, Amankwaa (people already writing him off and he's made 3 sub appearances), bringing the young boys through and blooding them, McLaughlin - all good players

If over the past 2 years Levein's signings have not been flops why are we in the mess we are at the moment? I include the last 2 years as nothing happens at Hearts without his say so this includes his time as DOF and now manager. If these signings are such a success how come we have only won 14 games out of 50 during his tenure? If Levein were to stay what makes you think this eye watering tedious football will improve? If he signs more players in the window what makes you think he will change his tactics and play them in a more attacking formation? He has 2 potent attackers at his finger tips yet chooses to nullify their potency thereby contributing to the position we are in now. His scattergun signing policy has led to a below par Hearts team on the park and for the second year in a row, a disappointing season. I worry about the finances being available to replace an entire team over the Summer. So much money has been wasted on poor signings and loanees that a Club the size of Hearts will be forced to rumbage in the bargain basement of the transfer market. Levein has wangled himself a 3 year contract knowing it will be difficult financially to release him prematurely so it would appear another poor season beckons with the fans the real ones who are suffering and being led up the garden path. I am not a roaster or howler am I just passionate about Hearts and want to see us back whew we belong at the top end of the league.

Greedy_Jambo
Just now, Smithee said:

I think the guy acknowledged  Craig would offer his views, but worth remembering that Robbie played against them many times and even spent a year at United himself.

Well, We'll leave it at that. 

I'm tired. 

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, Error404 said:

I actually think Craig Levein has made good signings, for example Demetri Mitchell, Jon McLaughlin, Adao, Milinkovic, Smith and Berra.

Behave yourself!

That's not allowed.

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

For me in January, all that mattered for us was beating Hibs in the cup. After that, all that mattered was beating Motherwell in the cup. Scrapping for 5th/6th/7th doesn't matter a whole lot to me and the Naismith signing was redundant as soon as we went out the cup. Feck knows how much we've paid for Naismith for one derby cup win followed by a season ending defeat.

Again you miss us winning another round in the cup. Your initial post was totally wrong and you just keep digging a hole with wrong posts. 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Given the strength of your negative comments about him it’s hard to believe you like him. 

Well there you go. Believe.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Thats as may be but nothing you ever post on here is positive.

Nothing at all.

About anything.

Zilch, nada...

You're like a black hole that just sucks light and positivity out of humanity.

Try and be more positive about me. You really are so negative.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

This comment is not aimed at you as what you’ve posted is a valid and coherent point. However are people really saying that Heart of Midlothian Football Club can attract NO suitable, qualified, quality candidates and that our sole aim would be to go and steal Steve Clarke from

Kilmarnock. There is much nonsense posted on this forum but that has to take the biscuit!! We are a hugely attractive proposition if the Manager / Head Coach is given the autonomy and the board backing to do his job! Excellent remuneration package (especially if we get rid of the unnecessary DoF role to pay a top candidate), superb stadium, tremendous fanbase, amazing training / sports medicine etc facilities and a great opportunity to mount a challenge by putting together an attack minded, pacey, aggressive, energetic and youthful first team. It’s a fantastic job for the correct person. Ann Budge herself was enthused (or at least pretended to be :rolleyes:) with the candidates during last August’s fiasco and I’ve no doubt whatsoever that we would be inundated with cv’s. My personal preference would be to steer well clear of anyone with a background in Scottish football, as we are seeing once again with Levein the fear of Rantic runs deep and the acceptance that we can never challenge undoubtably rubs off on players. 

Look I can attract plenty of candidates for my company. 

Paying them is quite something different 

Bridge of Djoum
55 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You probably get sentiments expressed though. Manage to squeeze past Hibs and then get emptied by a side we should be capable of taking care of 

I'm sure I'm right in saying you had stated beating Hibs was a must. They were beaten. Now you are trying to manipulate language by claiming we ''squeezed'' past them.

They were beaten, Spencer. Have the grace to accept it.

Just my tuppence worth but I did want Cathro our at the end of last season (indeed a few weeks before it ended).  Yet I am prepared to give Levein the summer window regardless how this season peters out.  I left Easter Road when the 2nd went in but I genuinely believe that injuries (yes, they happen to everyone) played a huge part in the derby defeat. Mitchell, Djoum and Milinkovic would of all started I think and they would of been better than their replacements.

im not happy with defensive football, in fact I hate it, so I’m hoping he gets recruitment right in the summer. 

When Cathro was booted I felt we had to get the defence sorted and by and large he has done that so that’s a tick.  Now with a proper window coming up he needs to sort out the midfield and of course left back annual problem.

Time will tell, but there’s no doubting that many like myself will not be so patient if we are scoring on average a goal or less next season.

I understand why supporters want change as much as I understand the ones who don’t at the moment. 

Bridge of Djoum
41 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Polls are always intesting on JKB, however if the Cathro experience tell us anything, it is that the JKB members are not always in sync with other social media and especially those who do always attend games,  yet don't appear on here. 

There are clearly many on here  who can't always make games and use this site as a method for keeping up to date with the latest gossip etc on Hearts, so don't always feel the need for change, as opposed to those who may suffer more by following Hearts around the country. 

I remember looking on here during the Cathro crisis, where thousands were booing and protesting at the end of games and social media was having polls indicating people had had enough,  yet on here the figures didn't reflect this at all.

It would be interesting for example if the poll was limited to those who attended Easter Road last week, where our stand had emptied 10 minutes before the end etc. 

Good thread though and perhaps this should be a sticky thread for current and any future managers. 

Ooohhhh, so close! You were doing well up until here.

Bridge of Djoum
51 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

''Gomez'', aye?

Absolute Scenes
51 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Yeah fair point there, I'm not sure

Again Robbie maybe sought advice, Levein possibly suggested them

But both those players were monumental in that season

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, JAMBO747 said:

I'd give him till transfer window in January, get the attack minded coaches more involved in decision making in the middle and final third of the park and make sure we bring in decent quality in the Summer to bolster what is already a reasonable spine that is in place.

The ones that had us just as defensive in August with equally poor results?

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Error404 said:

I actually think Craig Levein has made good signings, for example Demetri Mitchell, Jon McLaughlin, Adao, Milinkovic, Smith and Berra.

I would add Naismith and Lafferty in to that list.

The problem is we’re still struggling to make the top six and have had two results all season whilst watching attritional guff.

It should have been ten
51 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Good point 

Greedy_Jambo
8 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

''Gomez'', aye?

Aye, German International. Striker. No mind him?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Aye, German International. Striker. No mind him?

Just you, chief.

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yeah fair point there, I'm not sure

Again Robbie maybe sought advice, Levein possibly suggested them

But both those players were monumental in that season

And Robbie played  with and against them. 

28 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I'm sure I'm right in saying you had stated beating Hibs was a must. They were beaten. Now you are trying to manipulate language by claiming we ''squeezed'' past them.

They were beaten, Spencer. Have the grace to accept it.

I was responding to poster above who posed the question as to what vfm we have had from Steven Naismith.  Let me be very clear and straight we you here my old chum - I'm trying to manipulate **** all. We did squeeze through the cup game. It was hardly convincing was it? A win is a win and any win over Hibs is a good one.  Levein knew himself that victory over Hibs in SC was essential given foregoing.  His relief was evident hence the "Natural order" stuff which came back to bite him with a matter of weeks 

It remains a source of considerable regret that we should eliminate them and then get empties by a club like Motherwell in the QF. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Jesus wept.

75% of JKB are hobo infiltrators, its worse than I thought.

Ok, assuming you aren't just at the windup.

What valid reason or low level of achievement do you believe should result in the dismissal or replacement of a manager?

How many changes per season do you think are acceptable? Because right now I assume you would welcome our third change in one season.

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I was responding to poster above who posed the question as to what vfm we have had from Steven Naismith.  Let me be very clear and straight we you here my old chum - I'm trying to manipulate **** all. We did squeeze through the cup game. It was hardly convincing was it? A win is a win and any win over Hibs is a good one.  Levein knew himself that victory over Hibs in SC was essential given foregoing.  His relief was evident hence the "Natural order" stuff which came back to bite him with a matter of weeks 

It remains a source of considerable regret that we should eliminate them and then get empties by a club like Motherwell in the QF. 

Ah, excellent.

So your stance is that he wins ''must win games'' but you sit and wait until his next perceived failure before jumping on him again.

In your eyes, CL cannot win. You give him flimsy praise at the very best, ridiculous hyperbole to the point of obsession more often than not. Genuinely, Spence lad. Your post count rate would drop 95 percent if CL were successful.

Oh, and the highlighted part... You must try separate success and failure. The win over Hibs should be celebrated, not pathetically linked to the 'Well defeat as some kind of add-on failure. 

Edited by New York Fleapit

No brainer. Voted for him to stay and do us all a favour.

Restore 'natural order' and get us back where we used to be when he was last time our manager.

All the doomsters don't forget, we don't have to spend much more on a stadium and might just be able to compete a wee bit more in the transfer market over the next few years.

C'mon Craig!

22 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

What valid reason or low level of achievement do you believe should result in the dismissal or replacement of a manager?

How many changes per season do you think are acceptable? Because right now I assume you would welcome our third change in one season.

Deary me

:rofl:

35 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Ah, excellent.

So your stance is that he wins ''must win games'' but you sit and wait until his next perceived failure before jumping on him again.

In your eyes, CL cannot win. You give him flimsy praise at the very best, ridiculous hyperbole to the point of obsession more often than not. Genuinely, Spence lad. Your post count rate would drop 95 percent if CL were successful.

Oh, and the highlighted part... You must try separate success and failure. The win over Hibs should be celebrated, not pathetically linked to the 'Well defeat as some kind of add-on failure. 

What was the Motherwell elimination? Success? Sadly when Hibs beat us in 2016 they ended up winning the ****ing thing rather than get emptied by some tinpot outfit. 

Again to be crystal clear - I hold Craig Levein fully responsible for first team mess at Hearts. I believe that is a perfectly reasonable position to take. One I'm not alone in holding 

Hopefully he does improve things cos I don't think he is going anywhere any time soon 

Greedy_Jambo
40 minutes ago, a11ank said:

No brainer. Voted for him to stay and do us all a favour.

Restore 'natural order' and get us back where we used to be when he was last time our manager.

All the doomsters don't forget, we don't have to spend much more on a stadium and might just be able to compete a wee bit more in the transfer market over the next few years.

C'mon Craig!

Are you having a giraffe? Have you seen the money we've been putting out for players? Who else could of afford Lafferty and Naismith?  (other than the old firm) We paid around £180,000 for Goncalves....

Aye, we don't have enough money to compete right enough.  

How much has Steve Clarke spent at Kilmarnock? A team that were destined for relegation and administration. 

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

48 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He was being sarcastic. 

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Most under-rated function on JKB mate!

I don't use it, place would be far too boring!

37 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Deary me

:rofl:

grandma-flipping-the-bird.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

He was being sarcastic. 

10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

He was being sarcastic. 

This place is so beyond parody it's easy to not detect sarcasm every single time from the risible shit posted on threads. 

12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

grandma-flipping-the-bird.jpg

This place is so beyond parody it's easy to not detect sarcasm every single time from the risible shit posted on threads. 

Indeed it is. :thumbsup:

i want him to stay only because i said to the boys at the football i go with, Levein made the mistake in hiring cathro (i was happy when he first took over) so it should be up to him to sort the mess out. Let him sort it out give him another season if we are still playing poorly and havent improved then he should leave the club completely. Thats just my thinking. Others will have different point of view. Season ticket sales shouldnt be affected because if you cant support the club in the hard times dont support us during the good times simple as!

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Well, with that being the case, give him a full transfer window then.

If you're judging him on January signings and the few days he had last summer then you're nuts.

IIRC he had about a week in the summer if that and the chances of permanent signings in the winter are remote so using the logic of the hard of thinking he hasn't had a window to bring in any new players.  Is that right?  The same logic that writes of Amankwaa after a few cameo appearances would have emptied out SPH in 2003. 

The same troublemakers just spout any old shite in the hope that Mikey Stewart or some other prick in the media with an agenda can use it to beat the club.  And they are absolutely spewing that most people can see through that shite.

Greedy_Jambo

Apparently the song 'insane in the brain' by Cypress Hill! was based on Jambos kickback users. 

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

Genuinely surprised that over 74% vote in favour of Levein staying. The people off JKB have spoken and it's in Leveins favour 

• redm changed the title to Levein *POLL*