Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Point does not stand. You were probably one of the posters who assured us that beating hibs in the cup was all that mattered. We did it with the help of Naismith  

For me in January, all that mattered for us was beating Hibs in the cup. After that, all that mattered was beating Motherwell in the cup. Scrapping for 5th/6th/7th doesn't matter a whole lot to me and the Naismith signing was redundant as soon as we went out the cup. Feck knows how much we've paid for Naismith for one derby cup win followed by a season ending defeat.

Edited by Escobar PHM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And that disgusting post just sums up the infantile idiot that you are.

and here am I thinking you had seen sense and become a 'must-read' poster and it would seem that you have indeed joined one of the groups the lad spoke about.

Do you know for a fact that he is 'an infantile idiot'?  I sincerely hope he sues you for that stupid remark and, by the way,  don't use the usual excuse that this is a fan forum and you are entitled to have an opinion !!!!!

15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

right fair enough, I apologise,

didn't mean for things to get out of hand

Fair play to you there, boss.

scott herbertson
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

For me in January, all that mattered for us was beating Hibs in the cup. After that, all that mattered was beating Motherwell in the cup. Scrapping for 5th/6th/7th doesn't matter a whole lot to me and the Naismith signing was redundant as soon as we went out the cup.

The Hibs victory was probably worth a good proportion of the cost of Naismiths contract. If he can help us to one place higher than we would have been without him then it’s probably be a good deal

2 minutes ago, Simmo said:

and here am I thinking you had seen sense and become a 'must-read' poster and it would seem that you have indeed joined one of the groups the lad spoke about.

Do you know for a fact that he is 'an infantile idiot'?  I sincerely hope he sues you for that stupid remark and, by the way,  don't use the usual excuse that this is a fan forum and you are entitled to have an opinion !!!!!

Wow where did you spring from!!  Did you read the post I was replying to, and the rest of the comments??  If you did you would see that the lad has apologised for his comments which I was more than happy to accept and move on.

You hope he "sues" me??????  :laugh:

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

The Hibs victory was probably worth a good proportion of the cost of Naismiths contract. If he can help us to one place higher than we would have been without him then it’s probably be a good deal

Dunno how much exactly we paid to have him Scott, although we can guess the ballpark I suppose, so its a bit pointless speculating on specifics. Note sure how much we got from the Motherwell tie either to offset it. A share of a pretty poor gate after expenses and I assume a bit of the telly money. Dunno if you get prize money for getting to the SCQF stage. However we are a place lower now than when he came and I doubt we'll be getting back to even on that one.

Edited by Escobar PHM

13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

For me the younger members of our squad seeing the professionalism of a player like Naismith is very useful in the longer term. Unfortunately on the football front we have largely wasted Naismith as our total failure to sort out the midfield in January has meant he's continually been played way too deep negating the threat he should have been playing much closer to Lafferty. That's a big disappointment as nobody could doubt he leaves it all on the park and has at times shown glimpses of why he is the standard of player we need more of moving forward.

Edited by Hendricks

been here before
46 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And who the **** do you think you are???   189 posts in and you come away with that shite!   Listen pal I've done more for Hearts than you can imagine in your tiny mind - so do one with your petty infantile insults!

:rofl:

What an embarrassment.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Should he stay on for next season or go?

Dave, I thought you had more sense than to set up a poll which is utterly meaning less and will only lead to yet another 40-odd pages of drivel. Very disappointing from a  JKB administrator who sets up really good competitions on here for the benefit of our supporters to go down this road !!!!

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Simmo said:

Dave, I thought you had more sense than to set up a poll which is utterly meaning less and will only lead to yet another 40-odd pages of drivel. Very disappointing from a  JKB administrator who sets up really good competitions on here for the benefit of our supporters to go down this road !!!!

Hardly meaningless. I think its very interesting from a fan opinion point of view and I'm surprised at the result so far.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

What an embarrassment.

His post certainly was - he was man enough to apologise for it, which I was happy to accept.

9 minutes ago, smiler said:

Fair play to you there, boss.

Still want him to sue me then? :whistling:

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Dunno how much we paid to have him Scott so its a bit pointless speculating on specifics. Note sure how much we got from the Motherwell tie either to offset it. However we are a place lower now than when he came and I doubt we'll be getting back to even on that one.

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

For me the younger members of our squad seeing the professionalism of a player like Naismith is very useful in the longer term. Unfortunately on the football front we have largely wasted Naismith as our total failure to sort out the midfield in January has meant he's continually been played way too deep negating the threat he should have been playing much closer to Lafferty. That's a big disappointment as nobody could doubt he leaves it all on the park and has at times shown glimpses of what he is the standard we need more of moving forward.

Good posts.

im not sure you can blame Naismith for us dropping a place since he arrived . Also there is money for each round of the cup as well as gate receipts. 

I would say the signing of Amankwa was more dubious if you want to look at where’s we might have done better in January. Naismith will make a big contribution for the rest of the season IMO.

maybe if we had managed to get another midfielder in, instead of Amankwa, Naismith could have played further forward and we would have had better chances in the Motherwell and seconhpd Hibs games. 

I give him the summer window. His time is rapidly running out, we can't continue to struggle at the start of the season or it'll surely be the end of his involvement at Hearts.

It should have been ten
56 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Someone who supports their team through thick and thin, and who doesn't let personal hatred towards and individual in charge of their team get in the way of talking sense and actually looking at the bigger picture...which is  that its really not as bad as people are making out.

A fair few on here are beyond help with that though

Spot on ??

sairyinthat

And here am I thinking we have had a pretty good season which is not yet finished.Levein has turned us round since his return to the trackside.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Simmo said:

I wouldn’t claim it’s anywhere near scientific but I always find polls on here interesting and I doubt it will result in any more drivel than normal if I’m being honest. I set it up as Dave McLaren, Hearts Supporter rather than In any ‘official’ capacity. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

His post certainly was - he was man enough to apologise for it, which I was happy to accept.

That is almost as cringeworthy as your "Ive done more for Hearts..." one.

But not quite.

Edited by been here before

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Certainly not Shomato, but that Simmo fellow does, he appears to be a bit 'tired'.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

That is almost as cringeworthy as your "Ive done more for Hearts..." one.

Frankly I do not give a toss what you think. Thanks.

It should have been ten

Infantile posters calling other posters out for being “infantile” oh ma sides :rofl:

Edited by It should have been ten

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Calling him 'an infantile idiot' wasn't very clever and you can whistle all you want but it won't change things.

1 minute ago, smiler said:

Certainly not Shomato, but that Simmo fellow does, he appears to be a bit 'tired'.

Sorry mate - mixed up my Shmiler's from my Shimmo's!!!!  :jj_facepalm:

been here before
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Frankly I do not give a toss what you think. Thanks.

Of course you dont, and why should you? You've done more for Hearts than some of us could ever imagine.

20 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Level-headed post 

HEARTS FOREVER

Stay......but the football has to be more attacking, especially away from home. Also the foreign gambles need to be curbed as they are not working.

1 minute ago, Simmo said:

Calling him 'an infantile idiot' wasn't very clever and you can whistle all you want but it won't change things.

I think if you read his comments many might have responded in similar fashion.  Anyway hands have been shaken between us and we have moved on.

However I get the feeling your intervention was just you taking the opportunity of having pop at me because of my football opinions on the way the team is being run.............:thumb:

Of course you dont, and why should you? You've done more for Hearts than some of us could ever imagine.

Glad we agree.

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, Simmo said:

:lol: Chill winston

The guy has apologised, its been accepted, no need for square goes behind the wheatfield. 

We can all get a bit heated discussing the club it’s all very emotional at times. 

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Is any Hibby troll or muppet allowed a vote?!!

Their votes count the same same as those of happy clappers and pant wetters

kickback is a broad church and welcomes assholes of any colour, creed or football affiliation

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Is any Hibby troll or muppet allowed a vote?!!

Any registered member can vote. 

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Desperate.

You certainly are

Enzo Chiefo
17 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

And here am I thinking we have had a pretty good season which is not yet finished.Levein has turned us round since his return to the trackside.

Are you for real? We've scored less goals than last season and are one place lower....despite signing 3 experienced full international players. These are facts, not opinions, spin, observations or anything else. Not what I would consider an improvement. 

15 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Infantile posters calling other posters out for being “infantile” oh ma sides :rofl:

I see on my messages you are now 'following me' - I told you before I don't fancy you. You need some help with these kind of thoughts.  :laugh:

been here before
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You certainly are

I think we'll just leave it there. I guess you're missing your role as self appointed chief architect, project manager and official club spokesman in regard to the new stand.

You've obviously peaked and seem to be too busy doing the old 'I dont fancy you' routine with someone else. I wouldnt want to over extend you and be drawn into that Widean wit.

Goodnight Mr Hearts.

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I think if you read his comments many might have responded in similar fashion.  Anyway hands have been shaken between us and we have moved on.

However I get the feeling your intervention was just you taking the opportunity of having pop at me because of my football opinions on the way the team is being run.............:thumb:

Thomaso, maybe I was, as you say, having a pop at you but that particular remark was way over the top and annoyed me greatly. However, no harm has been done and we can get back to the poll.  Incidentally, I, too, have been dismayed with some of CL's tactics especially when we returned from Bordeaux with an away goal lead and he set us up at Tynecastle not to lose in a 4.5.1 formation !!! That really annoyed me and ten minutes in it was game over.  Now can you and I move on with our differing opinions?

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d disagree, surprisingly. I think you would be lucky to get more than 1,000 of the season ticket holders want8ng him gone. Most the anti-Levein brigade are on here. 

I only see/hear pro Levein comments on JKB.

I think we'll just leave it there. I guess you're missing your role as self appointed chief architect, project manager and official club spokesman in regard to the new stand.

You've obviously peaked and seem to be too busy doing the old 'I dont fancy you' routine with someone else. I wouldnt want to over extend you and be drawn into that Widean wit.

Goodnight Mr Hearts.

I was never the self appointed Architect, project manager or official Club spokesmen - although I did try to update those interested on JKB with the best information I could.  My Company did however play a major part in building the new stand, and there were various other issues I assisted the Club with, and was delighted to do so.

I'm still keeping busy - thanks for asking, however I still like to keep up with a bit of JKB banter.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, Simmo said:

Thomaso, maybe I was, as you say, having a pop at you but that particular remark was way over the top and annoyed me greatly. However, no harm has been done and we can get back to the poll.  Incidentally, I, too, have been dismayed with some of CL's tactics especially when we returned from Bordeaux with an away goal lead and he set us up at Tynecastle not to lose in a 4.5.1 formation !!! That really annoyed me and ten minutes in it was game over.  Now can you and I move on with our differing opinions?

Delighted to do so.  :thumb: Got to agree on his tactics for the Bordeaux return leg!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

How many has he actually signed since he came in as manager?? Loan signings don't count because they are by definition short term.

Well, with that being the case, give him a full transfer window then.

If you're judging him on January signings and the few days he had last summer then you're nuts.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
Spoiler

From the out posters I see posting on here most never wanted him from the start.

Most also wanted Robbie gone after the sc defeat.

Most celebrated then wanted Cathro gone early as well.

I'm seeing a pattern.

Voted stay although I still don't know if it's the right choice.Reckon he should be given the summer window to get things right.

Tommy Brown

very much St Johnstone (which wasn't available)

Yes:

It's good to see Youth getting a chance, but is it through sheer desperation?

No:

How culpable has he been in his DoF role, shit signings, unbalanced squad?

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Point does not stand. You were probably one of the posters who assured us that beating hibs in the cup was all that mattered. We did it with the help of Naismith  

You probably get sentiments expressed though. Manage to squeeze past Hibs and then get emptied by a side we should be capable of taking care of 

Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

okay I agree that it is slightly comical that Partick have a better scoring record recently because they have one of our players playing...that is quite funny

We probably could do better - but in terms of getting a settled team and a team that is comfortable playing in a team with each other - we need continuity

We cant keep chopping and changing things drastically when it gets tough or goes wrong. Folk are forgetting that Levein has done some pretty amazing things with this team this season...and I wont label them as "freak" or lucky results. I genuinely think games like the Celtic game showed us what Levein is capable with a comfortable, full and injury free team

To quote Levein pre-match against Celtic, "we've got a number of problems injury wise, when I looked at the squad I think to sit and defend for 90 minutes is probably beyond us with the players we have available, so we'll have a go and see what happens". 

IMO the Celtic game showed us what the squad is capable of when it isn't hamstrung by Leveins philosophy of setting up not to lose, had Levein gone into this game with a full and injury free team he would have reverted to type.

• redm changed the title to Levein *POLL*