Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Thanks for speaking for all of us

You're a miserable miserable individual and I am gobsmacked you have made it to 3000 posts with the amount of utter dross and foaming you write

I back Levein, I didn't want Cathro to stay, and Levein is the guy who will take us forward, whether or not you like it. He is here for 3 years, and he is going to turn things around.

To be honest, your blatant dislike for Levein and personal hatred for him, i think,  is just a wall you're putting up for the romantic obsession you have for him that you are trying to repress.

Sad really

How wrong you are. I like Craig Levein as a person and have never hated the man. I only judge Levein on the job he does as Hearts Manager. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

You honestly think he had nothing to do with any of the signings before he became manager!?

What is it you think a director of football does exactly?

Smith and Milinkovic don't even get a regular game! 

Mitchell is good but only on short term loan. 

Adao, ok doesn't look bad. But he's hardly set the place on fire. 

Amankwaa.. Well... Time will tell but it's not looking good is it!

Naismith i was over the moon with... But where was he against Hibs? How many goals has he scored? Is he being played in the wrong position? If so, that's LEVEIN'S fault!

McLaughlin has been a great signing. I just hope we can keep him because we'd be a couple of league positions down without him!

Yes, I believe he had nothing to do with the signings. I believe he gave his advice, and gave his thoughts - but left it up to the manager.

Smith isn't Leveins signing, so right away don't know who signed who (and clearly isn't a flop considering what we had previously playing there)

Milinkovic has one of the best goals and assist ratios for the games he has played (clearly not a flop)

Mitchell - you have just confirmed is good, so isn't a flop

Adao - again you've contradicted yourself, "isn't too bad" clearly isn't a flop

Amankwaa - time will tell - so again, cannot say he is a flop

Naismith has played a number of games but has been one of the best consistent performers in the team - not an out and out goalscorer, so doesn't score goals - CLEARLY NOT A FLOP

You see the theme that's arising?

So i'll ask again, can you list the players that Levein himself has signed that are flops, with zero reference to Cathro or Neilson's transfers as you have no proof that he was ever involved in dealing with transfers

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

How wrong you are. I like Craig Levein as a person and have never hated the man. I only judge Levein on the job he does as Hearts Manager. 

look at your previous posts!

You're so bitter!

He's the best man for the job just now, and I firmly believe that

We cannot chuck every manager that has a bad spell, because it's "not what the fans deserve"!

Far too many fans are putting themselves on pedestals thinking Levein owes them personally, and any bad result is a sheer disregard for the club and that Levein doesn't care.

give it a rest and support your team

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Currently 75% stay - pretty much reflects the results of the previous Neilson and Cathro JKB polls. 

De ja vu anyone? 

sairyinthat
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Malcontent

7 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Very true, an old saying "empty vessels make the most noise" :duck:

Here's another old saying for you

"The greatest fools are the ones most often satisfied"

Lucille's Thirsty

Craig Levein should be giving a full season with a pre season with new players and see what can happen next season. If results are the same then he quite rightly will be gone or moved back upstairs. I’d prefer the former.

Greedy_Jambo
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yes, I believe he had nothing to do with the signings. I believe he gave his advice, and gave his thoughts - but left it up to the manager.

Smith isn't Leveins signing, so right away don't know who signed who (and clearly isn't a flop considering what we had previously playing there)

Milinkovic has one of the best goals and assist ratios for the games he has played (clearly not a flop)

Mitchell - you have just confirmed is good, so isn't a flop

Adao - again you've contradicted yourself, "isn't too bad" clearly isn't a flop

Amankwaa - time will tell - so again, cannot say he is a flop

Naismith has played a number of games but has been one of the best consistent performers in the team - not an out and out goalscorer, so doesn't score goals - CLEARLY NOT A FLOP

You see the theme that's arising?

So i'll ask again, can you list the players that Levein himself has signed that are flops, with zero reference to Cathro or Neilson's transfers as you have no proof that he was ever involved in dealing with transfers

Just because you believe he had zero influence in any of the players coming doesn't make it true either. 

That fact of the matter is, our season is over. No chance of Europe, no chance of any cups. There's even a chance we might not finish in the top 6!

Hibs have won their last 5 home games against us. I think i read that they hadn't had a record as good as that against us since the 70's!

10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It's early days yet. 

It could go either way by the end of the season. 

It will be interesting to see how this one develops.

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Currently 75% stay - pretty much reflects the results of the previous Neilson and Cathro JKB polls. 

Around September/October when Levein sees us knocked out of the League Cup it will shift to 40-50% and by December a majority will want him gone. Nothing surer. Next season will be yet another transitional one and we’ll probably end up with some such bullshit as Daly in the dugout till the summer of 2019 whilst we search the globe for the appropriate candidate! No confidence in these people in regards the footballing side of the club whatsoever and they’ve brought that entirely upon themselves. 

been here before
46 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Poll is pretty much what I thought it would show - give him the summer to turn things around and reassess by October/November.

Thats nothing at all like what the poll is showing.

Thats you just making things up.

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Around September/October when Levein sees us knocked out of the League Cup it will shift to 40-50% and by December a majority will want him gone. Nothing surer. Next season will be yet another transitional one and we’ll probably end up with some such bullshit as Daly in the dugout till the summer of 2019 whilst we search the globe for the appropriate candidate! No confidence in these people in regards the footballing side of the club whatsoever and they’ve brought that entirely upon themselves. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

If we fail to qualify for the Top 6 this season I would anticipate an increase in the "GO" vote.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Here's another old saying for you

"The greatest fools are the ones most often satisfied"

Beginning to think you fancy me :wave1:

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Just because you believe he had zero influence in any of the players coming doesn't make it true either. 

That fact of the matter is, our season is over. No chance of Europe, no chance of any cups. There's even a chance we might not finish in the top 6!

Hibs have won their last 5 home games against us. I think i read that they hadn't had a record as good as that against us since the 70's!

Still waiting for that list of players levein has signed that are flops, that you were so eager to share with us

Well, funny thing is, I've checked BBC sport and there are still fixtures left, and my season ticket hasn't expired yet so the season cant be over, you sure you haven't tried refreshing the fixtures page? It is quite difficult to work I suppose.

wow that's some record like, I bet you...sorry I meant they...are ecstatic to know that Heart of Midlothian still own them overall.

I don't care where we finish, I support my team through thick and thin and don't lose the rag when we go through bad spells.

But yeah if you can fire that list of players over I'd be eager to read it

Nookie Bear

I've calmed down since Friday night...

He has made good signings. But many will need replaced over the summer.

There has been a number of injuries (we have lost 2 decent left-backs this season), but key positions were too weak and did not have enough quality to begin with.

I am not too hung up on the style of play as long as it works, but i want us to be more confident when setting out a team to play the likes of Motherwell.

I am not voting GO, because i am not sure i could name any manager who could sort out this current mess in one window. Certainly not one we could afford.

I am not voting STAY because i don't feel like giving him a vote of confidence (not that it matters tbh)

I'm pretty fed up with the entire situation in all honesty, but what can you do?

been here before
26 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It will probably be the same suspects who voted Cathro to stay that back Levein. They will learn that they are wrong just like they were with Cathro.

Have you ever got a positive word to say about anyone or anything, ever?

Just now, Thomaso said:

If we fail to qualify for the Top 6 this season I would anticipate an increase in the "GO" vote.

I think we’ll just about stumble over that particular line though I’d foresee us getting very little in the way of points after the split so that could also impact mood and more importantly ST sales which I anticipate being very slow anyway until much later in the summer. 

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Beginning to think you fancy me :wave1:

You just keep loading the ammo and I'll fire it back!  :2guns:

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

look at your previous posts!

You're so bitter!

He's the best man for the job just now, and I firmly believe that

We cannot chuck every manager that has a bad spell, because it's "not what the fans deserve"!

Far too many fans are putting themselves on pedestals thinking Levein owes them personally, and any bad result is a sheer disregard for the club and that Levein doesn't care.

give it a rest and support your team

Hey i do support my team where do u get that from ?

Yes look at my posts all i post is football related never bitter you really are getting the wrong end of the stick. Nothing would make me happier is Levein had been a success but due to what i and many have witnessed he lacks what Hearts need and i believe we could do a lot better. 

I don't really care either way.  If he goes, who do we replace him with?  

I think with the correct players in place, he'd have us doing the right things.  Unfortunately, due to injuries, he's been playing far more teenagers than he should have to which has impacted the way we play (i.e. absolutely no physicality).

He lost me on Friday night BUT I can't do this all over again. Give him next season. I have low expectations anyway.

Greedy_Jambo
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Still waiting for that list of players levein has signed that are flops, that you were so eager to share with us

Well, funny thing is, I've checked BBC sport and there are still fixtures left, and my season ticket hasn't expired yet so the season cant be over, you sure you haven't tried refreshing the fixtures page? It is quite difficult to work I suppose.

wow that's some record like, I bet you...sorry I meant they...are ecstatic to know that Heart of Midlothian still own them overall.

I don't care where we finish, I support my team through thick and thin and don't lose the rag when we go through bad spells.

But yeah if you can fire that list of players over I'd be eager to read it

My list will clearly include players brought in and punted out since Craig has been at the club. Not just Manager. He has overseen the whole football side of things and has to take some responsibility. 

If you would like that list, I'll be happy to go through it with you when i finish work. 

Quoting loans as players “signed” is totally disingenuous as its building nothing for next season or beyond. Most if not all will need replaced in addition to the mass overhaul of average to rubbish players we already need to get rid of and fill the places of. The size of the job this summer is huge but there can be absolutely no excuses for not doing what needs done. Those in charge have created this shambles and it’s their heads that are on the line. 

Ibrahim Tall

Stay. If we had a midfield we'd be doing ok just now.

Can argue he's atleast partly responsible for that given he was DOF but during that time we've signed Cameroon, Greek and American international midfielders, two former English Championship midfielders and a guy that played in La Liga. You could also throw in two formerly well established SPL CM's in Buaben and Gomis. 

If that's who Neilson/Cathro wanted you can't say he didn't back them, and given the reputation of player it's ridiculous that none have really fitted long term.

Dont get me wrong he isn't getting a free pass but he should get the opportunity to fix the problems himself in the summer.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

...a bit disco
30 minutes ago, Ryder said:

These polls always show how the majority opinion is often not the one you would think from reading the forum.

Empty vessels...

It should have been ten
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You just keep loading the ammo and I'll fire it back!  :2guns:

Obsessed, take it you'll be answering the post above then? Nah :rolleyes:

Edited by It should have been ten

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

My list will clearly include players brought in and punted out since Craig has been at the club. Not just Manager. He has overseen the whole football side of things and has to take some responsibility. 

If you would like that list, I'll be happy to go through it with you when i finish work. 

But again, you have no proof that he had anything to do with the signings...so surely for arguments sake, it will be a list of players that you know for certain that Levein signed

He cannot be held accountable for signings that other people made - otherwise we might as well start holding Billy the boot cleaner accountable too. His job was branched into different aspects of the club and transfer  policies will not have been one of them. He may well of seen who we wanted to sign, but given the fact he wasn't the manager, he cannot be held responsible

Levein has been a scapegoat for too long on things. A lot of fans have been hoping he messes up ever since he took over.

kingantti1874

Whilst not where we need to be we have clearly improved under his tenure, we have achieved a basic level of respectibility from a position of complete embarrssment . There are those with an agenda which is replayed every time we lose.. For example against hibs we lost the game basically because we were without basically our entire first choice midfield.. And Mitchell.. Levein identified were seriously lacking in that area, rectified it twice with ambitious signings if you include the city player and has been desperately unlucky to lose them both.. But that's not taken into account when judging him

If we have not improved by this time next season I'll have changed my view.. But I think we will have improved.. Also - my mates lad is in the youth system, I've seen first hand what he has done.. In my view and my mates we really are the best place to be for kids.. We really have put in place a talent factory.. We need to be seriously careful we don't throw baby out with bath water

Poll just confirms that Mitch41 and pals are a small  minority on here and an even smaller minority in the larger support I suspect. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stays. He said he would sort it in this window. This is his chance to put us back on the front foot. If he cant manage then it will end his time at Hearts

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Stays. He said he would sort it in this window. This is his chance to put us back on the front foot. If he cant manage then it will end his time at Hearts

No it won't!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Whilst not where we need to be we have clearly improved under his tenure, we have achieved a basic level of respectibility from a position of complete embarrssment . There are those with an agenda which is replayed every time we lose.. For example against hibs we lost the game basically because we were without basically our entire first choice midfield.. And Mitchell.. Levein identified were seriously lacking in that area, rectified it twice with ambitious signings if you include the city player and has been desperately unlucky to lose them both.. But that's not taken into account when judging him

If we have not improved by this time next season I'll have changed my view.. But I think we will have improved.. Also - my mates lad is in the youth system, I've seen first hand what he has done.. In my view and my mates we really are the best place to be for kids.. We really have put in place a talent factory.. We need to be seriously careful we don't throw baby out with bath water

Best post of the last week

1 hour ago, Haken said:

Noticed that.  I've outed myself as a Levein apologist.

Or a family member or even Craig himself according to some. 

47 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It will probably be the same suspects who voted Cathro to stay that back Levein. They will learn that they are wrong just like they were with Cathro.

35 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It's early days yet. 

It could go either way by the end of the season. 

I’d agree. That’s about 80% of us! 

Greedy_Jambo

But again, you have no proof that he had anything to do with the signings...so surely for arguments sake, it will be a list of players that you know for certain that Levein signed

He cannot be held accountable for signings that other people made - otherwise we might as well start holding Billy the boot cleaner accountable too. His job was branched into different aspects of the club and transfer  policies will not have been one of them. He may well of seen who we wanted to sign, but given the fact he wasn't the manager, he cannot be held responsible

Levein has been a scapegoat for too long on things. A lot of fans have been hoping he messes up ever since he took over.

As i said in my first post. I was a backer of levein. I definitely didn't want him to fail. But he is failing. We have the 2nd worst scoring record in the league only to Partick Thistle. A team who has one of our strikers playing for them! Haha. You couldn't make it up. 

I'm not saying that giving Levein more time is the worst thing in the world. I just think we could do better. 

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Have you ever got a positive word to say about anyone or anything, ever?

I support all the great work being done off the field and at the Academy. Our new stand is fabulous and there might be a few wee issues that i'm sure will be sorted.  Ann Budge has done a fantastic job and the 8000 + FOH members are all heros as far as i'm concerend with our great supporters. The Hearts web site / tv doesn't give us as much news as it used to but i will keep up my dd as it helps support the site. I love match days, meeting friends in the club, a few drinks, a wee bet in the ground then after the the game back to my club for a drink and chew the fat over the game.

I believe our fans deserve better on the pitch can you believe that as it's quite simple. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jambali said:

No it won't!

I think it will. Ego damage will be too much

46 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Go.

Nothing will change, if we were to play Hibs at Easter Road tonight you just know zero would have been learned and it would be the same as Friday.

The fans deserve better.

Given that he would have even fewer players available to him tonight ie Cochrane, Berra out, what would do to change things tonight?

jack D and coke

I’ve went for stay but only just. I’m really swithering atm. 

I agree with others if this continues into next season then Mrs Budge must get the knife out and be brutal. The whole coaching side emptied and fresh eyes and ideas. Levein completely gone not back upstairs or any pish like that. Out. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Greedy_Jambo said:

As i said in my first post. I was a backer of levein. I definitely didn't want him to fail. But he is failing. We have the 2nd worst scoring record in the league only to Partick Thistle. A team who has one of our strikers playing for them! Haha. You couldn't make it up. 

I'm not saying that giving Levein more time is the worst thing in the world. I just think we could do better. 

okay I agree that it is slightly comical that Partick have a better scoring record recently because they have one of our players playing...that is quite funny

We probably could do better - but in terms of getting a settled team and a team that is comfortable playing in a team with each other - we need continuity

We cant keep chopping and changing things drastically when it gets tough or goes wrong. Folk are forgetting that Levein has done some pretty amazing things with this team this season...and I wont label them as "freak" or lucky results. I genuinely think games like the Celtic game showed us what Levein is capable with a comfortable, full and injury free team

43 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Poll seems about right on JKB, around 1 in 5 have seen enough of Levein. This result would still equate to around 3000 ST holders though I suspect that number would be some what higher. At the moment I’d be amazed if we sold over 12k ST’s for next year. My prediction for what it’s worth is this poll will be revisited when we are timidly knocked out the league cup in September/October and are again doing nothing in the league and it will be around the 50% mark with the usual losers saying give him

the January window but an increasing number both on here and inside Tynecastle calling for change. Next season will be wasted too as we ***** about and Budge tries to stave it off as long as she can, possibly even trying to help him survive and return to his ivory tower. We’ll then witness what will be known as incompetent managerial appointment fiasco numero II. Can’t wait  for that shitshow personally :laugh:

I’d disagree, surprisingly. I think you would be lucky to get more than 1,000 of the season ticket holders want8ng him gone. Most the anti-Levein brigade are on here. 

40 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Given the strength of your negative comments about him it’s hard to believe you like him. 

31 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Please tell me which Cheltenham horses you are backing this week so I don’t waste money on them. 

20 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Obsessed, take it you'll be answering the post above then? Nah :rolleyes:

Already answered that one.......did you forget?

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d disagree, surprisingly. I think you would be lucky to get more than 1,000 of the season ticket holders want8ng him gone. Most the anti-Levein brigade are on here. 

All pure guesswork.

Got to get the chance to sort all of this out. He's smart and I have no doubt that the summer signings he makes will be astute.

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d agree. That’s about 80% of us! 

Doesn't mean 80% are happy to give Levein the start of next season though. 

I'm sure if the question posed was, "are you happy with Craig Leveins performance as manager" then the outcome would be somewhat different. 

I think most people are generally dissatisfied with how things have panned out but are pragmatic enough to realise that we need many new players, that CL has experience, previous form and will do his best to sort this shit out and that any new manager would be faced with the exact same task. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If say we were for kicking him out. You do have to have a better option. Last August after 4 weeks we decided there wasn't. Not sure that has changed. People will say Clarke but wouldn't surprise me if something nice comes his way

• redm changed the title to Levein *POLL*