Scotland age group teams

Mikey1874

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Only one Hearts player named in the Scotland U16 squad for the Victory Shield at the end of the month. Centre back Callum Flatman has only been at Hearts for a couple of years having previously been at Stenhousemuir. He's one of the Balerno HS pupils.

See a few there who must be younger brothers on some players in the older age groups. Semple and Mebude. And looks like twins with the Ewen's.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Kiwidoug

• rubyruby

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Nothing at 19.14 mikeybaws.

Go to 57:40 on the game clock.

19:14 BST was the time that the goal was scored.

Footballfirst

Scotland U16s lost 2-1 to England in a friendly this afternoon, in preparation for next week's Victory Shield.

Callum Flatman was on the bench but I don't know if he came on as a sub for his first Scotland cap.

Footballfirst

Line-up for Scotland's U16s in their first Victory Shield game against the Republic of Ireland. Callum Flatman on the bench.

Scotland leads 1-0 at half time with Kieran Offord (St Mirren) the scorer.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Scotland leads 1-0 at half time with Kieran Offord (St Mirren) the scorer.

Now 2-0 early in the second half with Adedire Mebude (Rangers) scoring the second goal.

We_are_the_Hearts

So 5 and a half years later we have no one considered good enough to start for the Scotland U16 team and no attack minded player in the squad. People keep saying about the fruition of the academy? Will this maybe end up like the 5 year plan and be Jam tomorrow?

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So 5 and a half years later we have no one considered good enough to start for the Scotland U16 team and no attack minded player in the squad. People keep saying about the fruition of the academy? Will this maybe end up like the 5 year plan and be Jam tomorrow?

I'm underwhelmed too. I question it all including better paths than the academy. 

But potentially depending on development we could have Aaron Hickey, Andy Irving, Harry Cochrane, Anthony McDonald as well as Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton all in first team within 2/3 years. And others with potential too. 

I know there is a bit to go to get to that and it may not happen but that would be success under any measure. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Scotland U16s finished 4-0. I don't know if Callum Flatman came on as a substitute.

Next games are

Wed -  N.Ireland 11am

Fri -  Wales 12.00

Wales v N.Ireland playing now 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Next games are

Wed -  N.Ireland 11am

Fri -  Wales 12.00

Wales v N.Ireland playing now 

N Ireland 1-1  Wales early in the second half.

Scotland U17s also play Croatia this evening at Forthbank (7.05pm k.o).  Both countries have already qualified for the Elite round, so it may be that the fringe players in both squads start the game.

Edited by Footballfirst

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I don't think our players not being picked by a (more than likely) weejie centric SFA coach is a reliable indicator to whether the academy is bearing fruit or not. Just remember the hammer of the hibs only got about 16 caps. 

Footballfirst
44 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

Leo Watson looks a decent player, couple of great runs up the left flank, comfortable on the ball  and pacy ......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50152333

Substituted at half time. I suspect that it was pre arranged that he would just play the 45mins tonight, having played the full 90mins in both the previous games.

Scotland miss a penalty, and Croatia coming more into the game in an attacking sense.

There's another Hearts connection with the U17s as I think keeper Jay Hogarth is Myles' laddie.

Edited by Footballfirst

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Any updates?

It's on the BBC Scotland website. still 0-0. Sound's off because of offensive language I think.

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's on the BBC Scotland website. still 0-0. Sound's off because of offensive language I think.

I cant access the video.  Scotland 0 is very disappointing.  We could go plummeting down from 1st to 4th if other results go against us.

Jamie played well. 

Overall Scotland just didn't create enough chances until late sub Glenn Middleton. 

Although he tired second half Billy Gilmour should be in Cyprus or certainly join the squad for Kazakhstan. 

• 2 months later...
Scnorthedinburgh
3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

My wee girl joins up at Scotland u17s training camp tomorrow... sole Hearts representative...🤞🏻

That will be some experience, she will love it. I did the same at 18 in rugby and was bricking until I got into the training.

Realy is a step up in quality and great to be part of.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...