Mystery Edinburgh muscle man

Fxxx the SPFL

Say What Again

I assume his Mum has caught up with him in those 2 years.

He must be the most easily found man in Edinburgh! A quick half hour stand at any spot on the Canongate/High Street would surely provide a result.

The junction of Jeffrey Street/St Mary Street probably the prime location. 😆

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

• sadj

• Fxxx the SPFL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

I assume his Mum has caught up with him in those 2 years.

He must be the most easily found man in Edinburgh! A quick half hour stand at any spot on the Canongate/High Street would surely provide a result.

The junction of Jeffrey Street/St Mary Street probably the prime location. 😆

In July, someone had posted a link to this thread, and mum had asked them and someone else who had replied to message her, so hopefully she'll find him.

She'll maybe be heading to the junction of Jeffery Street/St Mary Street right now: For the sake of Adam, hopefully not punching the palm of her hand as she walks.

Not seen him for a while. Walked past him a few times and he doesn't seem to notice me, which I'm pretty glad about. Last time I saw him he was taking a shit in one of the closes and having a right laugh about it, a real throw the head back laugh. I did see him once with a massive dead seagull, he was holding it by the wing and dragging it behind him.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, westbow said:

Not seen him for a while. Walked past him a few times and he doesn't seem to notice me, which I'm pretty glad about. Last time I saw him he was taking a shit in one of the closes and having a right laugh about it, a real throw the head back laugh. I did see him once with a massive dead seagull, he was holding it by the wing and dragging it behind him.

A normal day in the life of the mystery man.

• 5 weeks later...
Fxxx the SPFL

Was down at Asda Newhaven last night and saw the tall lad (fiftyish) with the long wispy hair, cycles about on an old bike usually has a big bunch of keys hanging from his waistband his denim jeans are nearly yellow could probably walk to the washing machine themselves. I hadn't seen him for months usually around Leith area harmless guy used to wear a big pair of cowboy type boots and has a very unusual style of walk.

42 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Was down at Asda Newhaven last night and saw the tall lad (fiftyish) with the long wispy hair, cycles about on an old bike usually has a big bunch of keys hanging from his waistband his denim jeans are nearly yellow could probably walk to the washing machine themselves. I hadn't seen him for months usually around Leith area harmless guy used to wear a big pair of cowboy type boots and has a very unusual style of walk.

I know the guy you are on about.  Big guy, bald head with mullet?  Always on a bike miles too small for him.

I seen him kicking off at randoms that got off a bus once.

Scary, scary dude.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

I know the guy you are on about.  Big guy, bald head with mullet?  Always on a bike miles too small for him.

Scary, scary dude.

That's the guy although i cannot say iv'e ever seen him kicking off at anyone

I've seen him kick out at others on his bike . He used to have an anti esso board tied on his bike . Looks like riff raff from rocky horror show 

9 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Scary, scary dude.

Christ knows how old he is, I’ve seen him cutting about Leith for years. I don’t live there now so obviously haven’t seen him for about five years. Does he still wear rigger boots? 

10 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Think I know the guy you mean. Haven't seen him for a long time but used to often wear camouflage trousers and rigger boots with a black mac jacket. Bald head but with long scraggly hair coming down from the back. First clocked him when I stayed at my Mums in Elm Row about 2009. Never had the bike then though, but used to see him almost daily just walking up Leith Walk. Seen him down Portobello way sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Think I know the guy you mean. Haven't seen him for a long time but used to often wear camouflage trousers and rigger boots with a black mac jacket. Bald head but with long scraggly hair coming down from the back. First clocked him when I stayed at my Mums in Elm Row about 2009. Never had the bike then though, but used to see him almost daily just walking up Leith Walk. Seen him down Portobello way sometimes.

He’s clearly not homeless as I first saw him in the mid 90’s. Not sure I’d fancy him as a neighbour though. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

He’s clearly not homeless as I first saw him in the mid 90’s. Not sure I’d fancy him as a neighbour though. 

I've done a lot of volunteering in kitchens over the years and never once saw the guy on the bike with rigger boots on the bike come in for meals, so he can plainly support himself.

The guy this thread is about though, even though people said at the start of the thread he had independent means, used to frequent the kitchens I worked.  Used to eat two or three meals , then go into the toilets and puke it up.  Now I had fifteen year olds working for me in those kitchens, just trying to help homeless, and that was the sort of thing that scared them off, so He's one i struggle to have any empathy for.

On 09/01/2020 at 21:51, The Real Maroonblood said:

Unfortunately at some point this will end badly for him or someone else.

I too fear that this will be the case.  It’s  a bit tragic TBH.

Maybe I’m a snowflake.

• 1 year later...

Any sightings of our residents radges lately folks? Been a long time since I seen many of the usual faces due to the lockdowns, but hope they are safe and well.

I love Edinburgh.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Any sightings of our residents radges lately folks? Been a long time since I seen many of the usual faces due to the lockdowns, but hope they are safe and well.

I love Edinburgh.

A workmate and I got hassled by a very drunk skinny African bloke just of Lothian Road last week when we were having a pre work coffee outside work. I eventually had to tell him in fairly strong terms to desist from trying to talk to us. He then followed us all the way to the front of our building before being discouraged again. He was a new one to me. 

Just now, Tazio said:

A workmate and I got hassled by a very drunk skinny African bloke just of Lothian Road last week when we were having a pre work coffee outside work. I eventually had to tell him in fairly strong terms to desist from trying to talk to us. He then followed us all the way to the front of our building before being discouraged again. He was a new one to me. 

Glad to hear David Obua is enjoying his retirement.

Carl Weathers
1 hour ago, Locky said:

I love Edinburgh.

I seen the muscleman randomly dancing by himself the other week up Queens Drive just past Dunsapie Loch. 

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, Locky said:

I love Edinburgh.

Cowboy Joe from Leith Walk was the king of the radges

Cowboy_joe.jpg

Just now, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Cowboy Joe from Leith Walk was the king of the radges

Cowboy_joe.jpg

Cowboy Joe was originally a resident in the Grassmarket hostel but got moved to a place just off Junction Street and got a whole new legion of fans. I wouldn’t say he was a radge though, just an adult with learning difficulties that slipped through the system. 

41 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I seen the muscleman randomly dancing by himself the other week up Queens Drive just past Dunsapie Loch. 

:yas: 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I love Edinburgh.

Seen him last week sitting outside parliament building with two big bottles of water in his hands. 

Think he was singing to himself as he looked into the passing cars 

On 06/12/2021 at 21:58, Carl Weathers said:

That's pretty much exactly where I saw him 22 Oct (as I had just picked up a couple of half STs) as I walked home from Tynie.  Was a gorgeous day, and we both seemed to notice the crows having a ball up the slope, and gave him a nervous grin as we passed each other on the pavement. He is a man mountain!

Aii he has his good days and bad days. Seen him going mental at skaters yesterday along Bristo square. The skaters to their credit weren’t backing down and the big man eventually backed off. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Fxxx the SPFL
On 18/11/2020 at 22:46, Locky said:

Saw him just around the corner at Strathies, Iona Street he was pushing his bike into a tenement stair so he must i assume live there Sloan Street and speaking of the Muscle man i saw a different one on Dundas Street a couple of days ago with two big two litre bottles of water swing them about like bits of paper this seems like a new one younger early 30's black shorts and waistcoat i was on a bus but looked like he was shouting things walking up the road

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Saw him just around the corner at Strathies, Iona Street he was pushing his bike into a tenement stair so he must i assume live there Sloan Street and speaking of the Muscle man i saw a different one on Dundas Street a couple of days ago with two big two litre bottles of water swing them about like bits of paper this seems like a new one younger early 30's black shorts and waistcoat i was on a bus but looked like he was shouting things walking up the road

Interesting. I saw a chap on Wednesday at around 5pm on Dundas Street who fits the description of the original muscle man.

On 14/08/2022 at 13:41, Shanks said no said:

I think we saw a monkey twin and his mother on Gardners Crescent on Friday 

See them in Livingston quite a lot.

Think one of the brothers is called Gilbert.

😆

Fxxx the SPFL
15 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

Interesting. I saw a chap on Wednesday at around 5pm on Dundas Street who fits the description of the original muscle man.

The one i saw was definitely younger than Adam around early thirties. Saw the running man yesterday although he was doing a quick walk down past the Ardmillan Hotel

On 06/12/2021 at 20:43, Locky said:

I love Edinburgh.

Adam still wanders around the town acting mental. See him on the royal mill all the time. 

Unknown user
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Adam still wanders around the town acting mental. See him on the royal mill all the time. 

Everyone needs a hobby

20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Everyone needs a hobby

We need to ask purple aki to come along to Edinburgh for a wee while. Talking about weird hobbies. 😂 Adam would terrified. 

1523857A-37CE-4FB1-B46F-81EDDD69076F.jpeg

Edited by AlimOzturk

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We need to ask purple aki to come along to Edinburgh for a wee while. Talking about weird hobbies. 😂 Adam would terrified. 

Had to look that up, I thought it was slang for a Pakistani, live and learn!

And that would be incredible to see! From the top deck of a nice safe bus or something.

been here before
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Is that not the scouse boy who walked up to folk and touched their muscles?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Is that not the scouse boy who walked up to folk and touched their muscles?

Aii. 

think he done a fair bit more than just touch folks muscles tbh. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

• 4 weeks later...
Lord Montpelier
On 04/10/2022 at 18:10, AlimOzturk said:

I grew up on Merseyside. In the 80s adults would tell the scallies that Aki would come and get you if you stepped out of line. Most of us thought it was just bogeyman type stories to make us behave. Only much later I learnt Aki was real 

15 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I grew up on Merseyside. In the 80s adults would tell the scallies that Aki would come and get you if you stepped out of line. Most of us thought it was just bogeyman type stories to make us behave. Only much later I learnt Aki was real 

I only learnt about him from watching count dankula (YouTuber) giving a wee story about purple Aki. Seems like a terrifying dude tbh. 

Had to double take the other day in Dobbies (near Eskbank) some bloke dressed exactly like him.

Nope, wasn't him 😂

New Town Loafer
2 minutes ago, R9. said:

Aye I was walking down and he was coming up caught eyes, I was about to cross and kept walking past eyeballing each other shouting it’s freezing with his tongue out. 

Told a mate gave him a description and he said he seen him on George St on Saturday night 😂

Mad ****er 😄

• 3 weeks later...
Fxxx the SPFL

i sometimes walk along Gorgie on my way home from work and have noticed on a good few occasions an oldish Chinese/Japanese looking lad that wanders about or sits on the bench at the church next to the Gorgie stand anybody know of him.

24 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i sometimes walk along Gorgie on my way home from work and have noticed on a good few occasions an oldish Chinese/Japanese looking lad that wanders about or sits on the bench at the church next to the Gorgie stand anybody know of him.

Does he walk with hands behind his back?

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, Pap said:

Does he walk with hands behind his back?

yep that's the lad difficult to tell but looks around late sixties

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Know exactly the man you mean. Me and my mate first noticed him when we were at college in about 2009/10. Used to see him all the time up Gorgie way. He got on our bus once on Gorgie Road and as the bus jolted forward, he tripped over my mates foot and started giving him it tight saying he kicked him. :lol:

Also randomly saw him strolling along Princes Street one morning with a couple of rolls in a bag. Glad to hear he's still kicking about.

• 8 months later...

Thread resurrection: 

Saw this guy walking along Gorgie Road on Sunday before the match! 

Anyone else spot him?

It was early on, about 12 o'clock.

The door staff at Tynie Arms looked a bit worried he might be going in!  😨

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Thread resurrection: 

Saw this guy walking along Gorgie Road on Sunday before the match! 

Anyone else spot him?

It was early on, about 12 o'clock.

The door staff at Tynie Arms looked a bit worried he might be going in!  😨

image.jpeg

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, j1964m said:

image.jpeg

Yip, saw him on Sunday too just along from Tynie.  He had a 2ltr bottle of water draped over each shoulder.