Mystery Edinburgh muscle man

Fxxx the SPFL

been here before
8 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

If that's stealing clothing from washing lines...yes!

Nah man thats snowdropping.

Snowflake in a Daily Mail context.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

• sadj

• Fxxx the SPFL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, been here before said:

Depends...

Do you steal knickers from women?

Are you a bigot/racist?

Sexist?

Have a lot of time for Yaxley-Lennon?

Can I please join in on this questionnaire?

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, been here before said:

Nah man thats snowdropping.

Snowflake in a Daily Mail context.

A term I've yet to use. 

Did score a cracking Benetton shirt once, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Fxxx the SPFL

On this subject not a muscle man but occasionally i drive along Belford Gardens on the way home and a few times iv'e noticed some wee old wifie with a dirty high viz jacket on and a notepad and it looks like she's writing down registration numbers of cars going past, not sure if she gets pissed off at parents of Stewarts Melville pupils parking/driving in the street although she is the opposite end strange behaviour. She also used to stand with the cardboard 20 MPH sign beside her when the speed limits were brought in. Apologies if it's your relative.

4 hours ago, moshy said:

Only look in here to see if somebody has knocked his block off yet.

Was just thinking before I opened the thread that its surely just a matter of time before he either batters someone and gets lifted or takes a good doing himself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2019 at 16:03, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

On this subject not a muscle man but occasionally i drive along Belford Gardens on the way home and a few times iv'e noticed some wee old wifie with a dirty high viz jacket on and a notepad and it looks like she's writing down registration numbers of cars going past, not sure if she gets pissed off at parents of Stewarts Melville pupils parking/driving in the street although she is the opposite end strange behaviour. She also used to stand with the cardboard 20 MPH sign beside her when the speed limits were brought in. Apologies if it's your relative.

Seen her , was doing a job in belford gardens and the customer said shes nuts . Out in the afternoon hassling people parking.  

On 05/12/2019 at 21:25, CostaJambo said:

Was just thinking before I opened the thread that its surely just a matter of time before he either batters someone and gets lifted or takes a good doing himself.

Every time I open the thread I'm half expecting something like that. Disappointed again. :( 

Apologies to any like thinking people.

10 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Every time I open the thread I'm half expecting something like that. Disappointed again. :( 

Apologies to any like thinking people.

luckyBatistuta
On 05/12/2019 at 16:03, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

How’s it going Ray😊 Never seen her, but you just reminded me of Gary the hi-viz guy who hangs around all the taxi ranks. Have a wee chuckle to myself watching everyone do exactly what they are told by him and he isn’t even a taxi marshal.

Not particularly comfortable with this thread to be honest. It seems to have developed into making fun of the mentally ill and/or homeless.

Taking pictures or describing people begging or making fun of people who are clearly ill doesn’t really sit too well with me (some of who I know and speak to when I pass).

Maybe I’m just a snowflake etc

Edited by Tynieman

Fxxx the SPFL
15 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

How’s it going Ray😊 Never seen her, but you just reminded me of Gary the hi-viz guy who hangs around all the taxi ranks. Have a wee chuckle to myself watching everyone do exactly what they are told by him and he isn’t even a taxi marshal.

aye LB he got me and the missus a taxi once outside the omni gave him a quid (big spender) he relies on tips i think. i think he is outside the railway station now opposite the tour buses seen him there a few times.

• 3 weeks later...
Shanks said no

He was on the High Street again today around 4pm.

His normal behaviour, walking down the middle of the road, shouting at the moon and one gent in particular, 2nd photo.

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

His normal behaviour, walking down the middle of the road, shouting at the moon and one gent in particular, 2nd photo.

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

Unfortunately at some point this will end badly for him or someone else.

18 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

See him most days walking down there just after 4.00 pm

He must stay down there somewhere 

Edited by JAYEL

• 2 months later...
luckyBatistuta

Sitting on the taxi rank on the Royal Mile right now and he’s just walked passed backwards, all the way to the top up the centre of the road shouting. Had my hand on my phone to film him, but made eye contact with him and he just kept staring at me. I wasn’t risking getting the taxi damaged, as I (like others) have now got enough money troubles right now, without that nutter setting off.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Surely if anyone can stop the spread of Covid 19 its him.

I'm sure the authorities are aware of him. Just not the ones doing medical trials.

luckyBatistuta

I wonder how he will react to a complete lockdown. Can’t see him accepting it and staying put wherever he lives. He’ll be trying to smash down the door of whichever gym he uses now.

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I wonder how he will react to a complete lockdown. Can’t see him accepting it and staying put wherever he lives. He’ll be trying to smash down the door of whichever gym he uses now.

Have you suffered a significant impact with business just now?

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Have you suffered a significant impact with business just now?

Was out last night bud and it’s really grim. It was like some apocalyptic movie, just nobody around. I’m not going to moan about the money aspect of it, as at the end of the day, there are folk worse off than myself. All the folk living on the street were going up to all the taxis asking for money, as there is just nobody else around for them to get some much needed money off.

Sad times😞

On 09/01/2020 at 21:27, The Frenchman Returns said:

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

passed him about 30 mins ago (1040pm) about 200 yards down this same road but he was walking back up the way into the oncoming traffic. 
I had to slow down and go round him on opposite side of the road, he had the same clothes on as in these photos and was throwing his bottle of water in the air 

He just looked into my car and laughed 

John Gentleman
5 hours ago, theshed said:

passed him about 30 mins ago (1040pm) about 200 yards down this same road but he was walking back up the way into the oncoming traffic. 
I had to slow down and go round him on opposite side of the road, he had the same clothes on as in these photos and was throwing his bottle of water in the air 

He just looked into my car and laughed 

Needs sectioned. To maintain his body mass would require a large intake of energy (food). Somebody is providing it.

The Real Maroonblood
On 20/03/2020 at 13:38, luckyBatistuta said:

Was out last night bud and it’s really grim. It was like some apocalyptic movie, just nobody around. I’m not going to moan about the money aspect of it, as at the end of the day, there are folk worse off than myself. All the folk living on the street were going up to all the taxis asking for money, as there is just nobody else around for them to get some much needed money off.

Sad times😞

Good luck mate.

luckyBatistuta
59 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good luck mate.

Thanks buddy. I’m actually done with it now though. I’m genuinely frightened about all this now. I can’t stop worrying about my family.

Take care mate

• 1 month later...
Unknown user
9 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Anyone seen this character of late? 

God, imagine being his flatmate during lockdown 

Салатные палочки
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

God, imagine being his flatmate during lockdown 

Or his neighbours :wow:

I don't even know the guy and I know he's a complete bellend. 

AlimOzturk
11 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Anyone seen this character of late? 

Still doing his usual. Lately he has been abusing folk near the parliament building. His normal phrases such as only the strong shall survive the weak shall perish. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Still doing his usual. Lately he has been abusing folk near the parliament building. His normal phrases such as only the strong shall survive the weak shall perish. 

I'm sure he's nicked that line from a song! 😄 

5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Is he not well?

Auld Reekin'
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Conservative MSP?   :ermm:   :huh:   :sad:

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Is he not well?

Clealy not 

Edited by AlimOzturk

It was all written about him in the Evening News some time ago. 6 months roughly, I think.

It was a report about the 5 recognised 'characters' in Edinburgh. He was called Rocky in that, I think. I don't know if that was from anywhere else or what they named him at the time.

It was Rocky plus the old man in the wheelchair getting money for children charity, the South American woman with all of the things stuck in her face and two others I can't remember.

Shanks said no
25 minutes ago, dubbsy said:

It was all written about him in the Evening News some time ago. 6 months roughly, I think.

It was a report about the 5 recognised 'characters' in Edinburgh. He was called Rocky in that, I think. I don't know if that was from anywhere else or what they named him at the time.

It was Rocky plus the old man in the wheelchair getting money for children charity, the South American woman with all of the things stuck in her face and two others I can't remember.

Mandy (& Fred) and Elaine Davidson

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Mandy (& Fred) and Elaine Davidson

Mandy?

Mandy the Hearts fan that talks to everyone on the bus?

Mandy that used to hang about St. Andrews Square and drink (occasionally) in the Penny Black?

That Mandy?

Shanks said no
59 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Mandy?

Mandy the Hearts fan that talks to everyone on the bus?

Mandy that used to hang about St. Andrews Square and drink (occasionally) in the Penny Black?

That Mandy?

Is the correct answer, she is a bit of a youtube sensation these days, here she visits the Barras

Rick James
On 22/05/2020 at 09:48, AlimOzturk said:

Might've mentioned here before but he was down East Market Street one time shouting nonsense about Belarus. Also claiming he is the chosen one. 

****ing bampot.

Rick James
On 22/05/2020 at 23:11, The Frenchman Returns said:

Is the correct answer, she is a bit of a youtube sensation these days, here she visits the Barras

Mandy is defo a character. First encountered her in the Hearts shop almost 20 years ago.

She's got an aggressive side though. Witnessed her getting pretty loud and aggro in St Andrew Square once, and another time I went into Wetherspoons at the Omni on a Sunday morning and she was with 2 police officers apologising to the manager. Must've threw a benny of sorts.

7 minutes ago, Locky said:

Mandy is defo a character. First encountered her in the Hearts shop almost 20 years ago.

She's got an aggressive side though. Witnessed her getting pretty loud and aggro in St Andrew Square once, and another time I went into Wetherspoons at the Omni on a Sunday morning and she was with 2 police officers apologising to the manager. Must've threw a benny of sorts.

A couple of months or so ago, I saw her confront a woman on a bus, shouting and swearing at her because she said she wasn't 'going out tonight', and said she 'couldn't be bothered' when asked 'why not'. She seemed to take great offence at that. She was very apologetic when the driver stopped the bus and threatened to chuck her off.  

Rick James
16 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

A couple of months or so ago, I saw her confront a woman on a bus, shouting and swearing at her because she said she wasn't 'going out tonight', and said she 'couldn't be bothered' when asked 'why not'. She seemed to take great offence at that. She was very apologetic when the driver stopped the bus and threatened to chuck her off.  

The time I witnessed her get irate was because there was a sign saying George Street was being closed and she wanted to know why. She was with someone, a lady in her 40's who seemed like a carer of sorts. Never seen Mandy with a carer though. She was screaming by the time I got far enough to not hear her, which was pretty far.

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Arrest after two men injured in Edinburgh disturbance https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-54570654

It couldn’t be could it? Two men assaulted by one, and in part of his places he’s often spotted, and the age is about right I’d guess.

Unless he was bailed and allowed out and about yesterday I highly doubt it 

:)

Say What Again
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

Arrest after two men injured in Edinburgh disturbance https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-54570654

It couldn’t be could it? Two men assaulted by one, and in part of his places he’s often spotted, and the age is about right I’d guess.

The arrested guy in that story works beside my mate (or at least that's certianly doing the rounds at his work). It's not Muscle Man / Adam.

I stay down by the Parliament and seem to see him every single day! If anything, he seems to have mellowed a bit recently. It's quite a while since I've seen him shouting at anyone, or in fact, even shouting. Mostly when I see him these days he's just walking about in his usual get-up, swinging his water bottles.

Maybe it's the lack of tourist.

As a wee side story, my sister was at a BBQ a few months ago and he was there! She said he couldn't have been nicer to everyone or any more polite! Next again day he was back to having a stand-off with a car in the middle of the Canongate.

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

The arrested guy in that story works beside my mate (or at least that's certianly doing the rounds at his work). It's not Muscle Man / Adam.

I stay down by the Parliament and seem to see him every single day! If anything, he seems to have mellowed a bit recently. It's quite a while since I've seen him shouting at anyone, or in fact, even shouting. Mostly when I see him these days he's just walking about in his usual get-up, swinging his water bottles.

Maybe it's the lack of tourist.

As a wee side story, my sister was at a BBQ a few months ago and he was there! She said he couldn't have been nicer to everyone or any more polite! Next again day he was back to having a stand-off with a car in the middle of the Canongate.

Maybe not taking  his medication regularly could be the reason for his erratic behaviour.