Mystery Edinburgh muscle man

Fxxx the SPFL

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Is the guy everyone is talking about not..

about 6ft

well built

black vest/tank top

shorts

always carrying a shaker bottle

now wears a furry Russian style hat

Yeah, my mistake, I got confused there.

Guy I'm thinking about has hung around Morningside, Holy Corner, Bruntsfield and Tollcross for years. Bit glaikit looking and a face that looks like he's had his teeth removed by force, his cheeks burnt with a welding iron resulting in a big red coupon topped off with Worzel Gummidge type hair.

You can see my confusion? :whistling:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

• sadj

• Fxxx the SPFL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yeah, my mistake, I got confused there.

Guy I'm thinking about has hung around Morningside, Holy Corner, Bruntsfield and Tollcross for years. Bit glaikit looking and a face that looks like he's had his teeth removed by force, his cheeks burnt with a welding iron resulting in a big red coupon topped off with Worzel Gummidge type hair.

You can see my confusion? :whistling:

‘How old do you think the guy your talking about is?

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

‘How old do you think the guy your talking about is?

Early to mid 40's?

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Early to mid 40's?

I think I might know who you mean, does he sometimes wear a wooly beany hat?

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

I think I might know who you mean, does he sometimes wear a wooly beany hat?

He does.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

He does.

If it’s the guy I’m thinking of, he went to Boroughmuir (year below me) and had the nickname ‘runny nose’ 

I see him all over the city, hangs on the edge of folks conversations and tries to join in, even though he doesn’t know them.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If it’s the guy I’m thinking of, he went to Boroughmuir (year below me) and had the nickname ‘runny nose’ 

I see him all over the city, hangs on the edge of folks conversations and tries to join in, even though he doesn’t know them.

We used to see him in the Belhaven/Waiting Room. He would walk in, not buy a drink, watch a wee bit telly then, as you say, try to get involved in conversation with a random group of folk. Did it to us once in the Merlin too.

When we were back in Edinburgh in January he was hanging about outside Waitrose a lot and seems to have put on a lot of weight.

Do you happen to know the chap nicknamed Metallic Alec? Really nice guy he is too.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We used to see him in the Belhaven/Waiting Room. He would walk in, not buy a drink, watch a wee bit telly then, as you say, try to get involved in conversation with a random group of folk. Did it to us once in the Merlin too.

When we were back in Edinburgh in January he was hanging about outside Waitrose a lot and seems to have put on a lot of weight.

Do you happen to know the chap nicknamed Metallic Alec? Really nice guy he is too.

Don’t know him, why was he called metallic? That is definitely the same guy, he has put on a bit of weight. He grew up in Morningside near myself, but was never quite sure where he lived.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Don’t know him, but that is definitely the same guy, he has put on a bit of weight. He grew up in Morningside near myself, but was never quite sure where he lived.

Just mentioned this to my wife and she reminded me about the time he got pretty aggressive with us. We left the Merlin at the same time as him and he started shouting at us in the street. We were going to the Heavenly later on the same night and in he strolled, ordered a carry out of soup and left without a word even though he clearly clocked us.

Did you know Rocky from Morningside?

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Just mentioned this to my wife and she reminded me about the time he got pretty aggressive with us. We left the Merlin at the same time as him and he started shouting at us in the street. We were going to the Heavenly later on the same night and in he strolled, ordered a carry out of soup and left without a word even though he clearly clocked us.

Did you know Rocky from Morningside?

Don’t know Rocky either. I also had an altercation with him about a year ago. He tried to get in my taxi with other people who didn’t know him.

Old Tom, another Edinburgh character. 98 years old, war veteran, retired bus driver and philanthropist. Honestly this guy is incredible. The amount he raises for charity simply by going out every day and shaking his tin. Think i read somewhere he has surpassed the half million mark. Been given the freedom of Edinburgh award and been recognized countless times.  Deserves a knighthood more than any celebrity that has received one.

10518674_836560603054168_424056731500153

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Don’t know him, why was he called metallic? That is definitely the same guy, he has put on a bit of weight. He grew up in Morningside near myself, but was never quite sure where he lived.

Metallic because he wore two callipers and knee braces and he used to ‘clunk’ when he walked. Not nice I know but that’s what he was known as.

Oh, and his name was Alec.

41 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Old Tom, another Edinburgh character. 98 years old, war veteran, retired bus driver and philanthropist. Honestly this guy is incredible. The amount he raises for charity simply by going out every day and shaking his tin. Think i read somewhere he has surpassed the half million mark. Been given the freedom of Edinburgh award and been recognized countless times.  Deserves a knighthood more than any celebrity that has received one.

Not too long ago his wheelchair got stolen by some wee neds :seething: 

Luckily, people quickly held a charity drive for him (organised by the cabbies who take him up town every day) and he ended up with a brand new, better model than the one that got nicked. :verysmug: 

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Not too long ago his wheelchair got stolen by some wee neds :seething: 

Luckily, people quickly held a charity drive for him (organised by the cabbies who take him up town every day) and he ended up with a brand new, better model than the one that got nicked. :verysmug: 

Aii he told me about that. Animals. 

Recently had a bad fall as well and broke something in his back. Hasn't stopped him recovering and getting back out collecting. Guy is a warrior. 

The guys from Gordon's Trapidori do a superb gesture and give him free meals when ever he wants and the shops on the royal mile all pitch in with his uniform and just generally bringing him cups of tea and blankets/ umbrellas when it is wet. 

Hope for humanity yet.

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

about 6ft

well built

black vest/tank top

shorts

Yip this is is the man and you described him exactly right down to the bottle in his hand 

Past me walking through Waverley station last weekend.

Was going to get my phone out and take a photo for this thread but he was looking at me so didn’t want to take the chance of pretending to text incase he shoved the phone up my arse 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii he told me about that. Animals. 

Recently had a bad fall as well and broke something in his back. Hasn't stopped him recovering and getting back out collecting. Guy is a warrior. 

The guys from Gordon's Trapidori do a superb gesture and give him free meals when ever he wants and the shops on the royal mile all pitch in with his uniform and just generally bringing him cups of tea and blankets/ umbrellas when it is wet. 

Hope for humanity yet.

Brilliant story Alim, good to hear such things.

Also, we didn’t know Gordon’s Trattoria was even still on the go! We went there years ago. 

Thanks for two good pieces of news Alim :thumb:

Carl Weathers

A guy of this description used to go the gym at the Omni. He was massively built. Always had a huge army style backpack with him. Reminded me a bit of Triple H minus the beard.

Geoff the Mince

He was marching up Calton Road an hour ago , 

usual black sleeveless top on . 

35 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

He was marching up Calton Road an hour ago , 

usual black sleeveless top on . 

Saw him walking down Market Street in that direction about 1pm.

Samuel Camazzola

Does the wee sleazy guy still frequent Edinburgh's clubs and pester the young girls? 

He's quite sticky, about 5'5 with gingerish hair. Assuming he's from Dalkeith/Mayfield way as used to see him on No 3 Lothian Bus. Even then, he'd look to sit next to the girls and strike up some chat. 

Odd looking guy. 

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Does the wee sleazy guy still frequent Edinburgh's clubs and pester the young girls? 

He's quite sticky, about 5'5 with gingerish hair. Assuming he's from Dalkeith/Mayfield way as used to see him on No 3 Lothian Bus. Even then, he'd look to sit next to the girls and strike up some chat. 

Odd looking guy. 

Odd looking guy and sticky?

Not got much going for him then? :lol:

Wonder why he was sticky :whistling:

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Morgan said:

Odd looking guy and sticky?

Not got much going for him then? :lol:

Wonder why he was sticky :whistling:

Ha ha. My predictive text has done me. Stocky was what I was intending. 

I'm not to know but perhaps he is sticky. I've not been close enough as he's always been away sniffing the ladies. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Odd looking guy. 

gordon-strachan-2.jpg.911118a1db4a92b60e47fc1bcae2a9ce.jpg

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Ha ha. My predictive text has done me. Stocky was what I was intending. 

I'm not to know but perhaps he is sticky. I've not been close enough as he's always been away sniffing the ladies. 

Knew what you meant, just having a wee laugh. :lol:

Creeps like that get right on my nerves.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Odd looking guy. 

Davie? I used to go to the games with his brother (Davie was adopted). I've heard stories about him being sleazy. Always speaks to the bs drivers.

He used to collect glasses in the Lothian club in Dalkeith. No idea what's wrong with him.

Mystery muscle guy was in my gym today. Was acting very strange, bashing his chest and shouting out "only the strong will survive"

Clearly lost his rocker. 

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Davie? I used to go to the games with his brother (Davie was adopted). I've heard stories about him being sleazy. Always speaks to the bs drivers.

He used to collect glasses in the Lothian club in Dalkeith. No idea what's wrong with him.

I think that could be his name. 

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Mystery muscle guy was in my gym today. Was acting very strange, bashing his chest and shouting out "only the strong will survive"

Clearly lost his rocker. 

He sounds like one of the guys Kevin Bridges described as training for the apocalypse. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think that could be his name. 

Aye, it is. I mind seeing him outside the main stand at a pieman protest. Someone told him it was f the pope that was being chanted instead of sack the board. Police told him to shut if. I still PMSL now. 

• 4 weeks later...

The man the legend. Was to scared to take a photo in front so this will have to do ??

IMG_20180402_135051.jpg

He goes to my gym (Macdonald Hotel).  It is with first hand knowledge that I can tell you this guy is one of the most vile and unsavoury individuals you will meet.  He is banned from almost every gym in Edinburgh.  He is highly sinister and he is an all round 'wrong un'.  I would not be surprised to see him on Crimewatch.  I believe his name is Adam or George.  Possibly from England as has a very posh English accent.  Lives up in the Grange.  He does not work and spends all day in the gym and the local library.  He is a menace and a danger to the public.  He was mouthing off at someone in the gym talking about Judgement day will be upon us.  Horrible horrible guy.

On 3/6/2018 at 23:09, AlimOzturk said:

Clearly lost his rocker. 

He is soon to be banned from what I heard this morning.  Complaints about him flooding in Alim.  Ranging from aggression to innapropriate sexual comments to women in the gym.  I mean ffs the last thing a woman needs when she goes to the gym is this creep letching over them.

Edited by i8hibsh

On 3/3/2018 at 10:55, Ray Gin said:

31321_120683857973157_100000946316934_97930_1941585_n.jpg

I see this guy all the time. Always walking and wearing tracksuit bottoms.

On 3/5/2018 at 17:00, luckyBatistuta said:

about 6ft

well built

black vest/tank top

shorts

Yup, adda one.

Stinks so bad.  Comes into gym everyday around 10.30am for a massive shit and a shower.  He spends about 40 minutes in the toilet then about an hour in the shower.  Has no consideration for any other member and is a bona fide sociopath.  Then puts on smelly clothes after his shower, leaves to go to the library where he sits and watched TV all day.  He then goes back to the gym.  He has very few friends in the gym, just yestedray I stood in the changing room with 4 other members all talking about him - not one of them had a positive thing to say about him.

Anyone know the story with the wee Gorgie Gurkha man?  Walks slouched down with arms behind his back wearing sandals.    Quiet little man – totally harmless.

Geoff the Mince
43 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The man the legend. Was to scared to take a photo in front so this will have to do ??

IMG_20180402_135051.jpg

:laugh:

Geoff the Mince
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone know the story with the wee Gorgie Gurkha man?  Walks slouched down with arms behind his back wearing sandals.    Quiet little man – totally harmless.

Usually in Ladbrokes in Gorgie Road , strange but harmless . 

The Real Maroonblood
On 02/03/2018 at 09:44, VladMagic said:

Has been posted before so some can keep their tears and snotters to themselves. Any news on the twins who used to sell the Evening News along with their scary mother? Without wanting to sound like a complete prick and to describe them as PC as I can they had a rather unusual look and i think had learning difficulties? 

Often seen near the bus station. I was terrified of them as a school kid.

One of them used come into the Ettrick Hotel selling the Pink News.

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

IMG_20180402_135051.jpg

That’s the guy I was describing, he’s a nutter. I just hope he doesn’t do anything really serious and we’re looking back on this thread thinking that all the signs were there. 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He goes to my gym (Macdonald Hotel).  It is with first hand knowledge that I can tell you this guy is one of the most vile and unsavoury individuals you will meet.  He is banned from almost every gym in Edinburgh.  He is highly sinister and he is an all round 'wrong un'.  I would not be surprised to see him on Crimewatch.  I believe his name is Adam or George.  Possibly from England as has a very posh English accent.  Lives up in the Grange.  He does not work and spends all day in the gym and the local library.  He is a menace and a danger to the public.  He was mouthing off at someone in the gym talking about Judgement day will be upon us.  Horrible horrible guy.

Judgement day...wtf!!!

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

One of them used come into the Ettrick Hotel selling the Pink News.

Aaah, the poor old Ettrick:(:(:( 

22 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s the guy I was describing, he’s a nutter. I just hope he doesn’t do anything really serious and we’re looking back on this thread thinking that all the signs were there. 

Judgement day...wtf!!!

Yup. Some of the stuff he spouts is very worrying. If he was a Muslim spouting the stuff he says we would be on terrorist watch. Can't be treated differently, he raises a lot of red flags. 

I get what Alim is saying as he does come over as decent at first, I thought he was harmless enough at the start but now I see darkness in him.

AlphonseCapone
On 3/1/2018 at 21:46, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

There's a guy who sometimes gets on my bus in the morning (number 2) on Dalry Road at the stop opposite the Chapter One coffee shop and gets off on Nicolson Street at the old Bingo hall and immediately sits down on the pavement with his hat on the floor begging for change.  Older looking guy who usually wears a brown fur coat, a hat and cord type trousers - none of which really match with each other.  I can go weeks without seeing him but it's usually when I'm going into work later in the morning.

He quite clearly has mental issues as he will sit on the bus and make weird noises or talk/shout to imaginary people and a few weeks ago he even started looking in the general direction of other passengers and sort of mumbling/shouting what sounded like "**** off" at them.  You can sense the people around him getting a bit uncomfortable when he starts things off.  I hate to admit it but I've always dreaded the moment he sits next to me (I know that sounds horrible) but he is yet to do so.

I'm sure I've seen him begging in Dalry after Hearts games so I am assuming is genuinely homeless but always wondered what his story is.

Got an English accent and possibly hearing issues? 

Outside the Co-Op on Dalry Road fairly regularly though had disappeared for a whilr until I saw him again a couple of days ago. Not sure his story. 

Maybe he's been mentioned already but what's the deal with the guy in all the Scotland gear and backpack? Saw him shouting at pigeons two weeks ago. 

Anyone seen the Asian lady, possibly Japanese, that talks to herself, and does some sort of ritual-looking thing, walking a bit then spinning round? She's usually dressed sort of like a Geisha, looks pretty creepy. I've seen her in the middle of Princess Street doing that. If people talk to her she shouts at them. :D I've seen a few tourists shit themselves, they must assume she's doing something for the festival.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
17 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Got an English accent and possibly hearing issues? 

Outside the Co-Op on Dalry Road fairly regularly though had disappeared for a whilr until I saw him again a couple of days ago. Not sure his story. 

Maybe he's been mentioned already but what's the deal with the guy in all the Scotland gear and backpack? Saw him shouting at pigeons two weeks ago. 

Not sure about the accent actually. Never actually heard him speak properly, just mumbling and making weird noises. I have seen him sitting outside the Co-op after a Hearts game so I assume he is based in the area.

Funnily enough he got on my bus on Saturday afternoon and got off on Morrison Street which is earlier than usual.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Judgement day...wtf!!!

Judgement Day is a very worrying phrase if the guy is acting aggressively

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Judgement Day is a very worrying phrase if the guy is acting aggressively

The Grand Bazaar, The Grand Bazaar is another one he spouts. Either he likes shopping in North Africa or I don't know what.  A serious red flag individual who has mental issues. I think deep down most people have inner demons and mental issues but this dude I really feel has a potential danger in him.

On 3/5/2018 at 19:40, AlimOzturk said:

10518674_836560603054168_424056731500153

Absolutely - saw him the other day in Princes Street. What stamina - rain or shine he's out. great fellow

On 4/2/2018 at 14:04, AlimOzturk said:

IMG_20180402_135051.jpg

Saw him this morning dressed just like he always is coming down towards the gym at the MacDonalds Hotel where he works out. Some guy - I had warm jacket on and scarf and was still freezing!!!  Never seems to bother anyone 

• 11 months later...

Hello everyone, I've come over from reddit after someone there posted about this guy. I did a google search and discovered this thread, so thought I'd post my experiences of him, he's known as 'Action Man' or 'Edinburgh Rambo'. I also found this picture of him online to help identify him so everyone can keep a wide berth.

Anyway. first time was when my friend and I were walking down the mound and coming up to the junction were the mound meets Market Street. All we could hear was this big English voice shouting at the top of his lungs. Discovered Edinburgh Rambo had been walking in the road and a cyclist had asked him to move out the way. Really thought the cyclist was going to get killed by this guy, he was so incredibly aggressive. Plus, he is an absolute unit. Anyway, he eventually walks off still shouting at the top of his lungs telling everyone to get out his way. 

The other time was on the meadows and he had set up camp on the cricket pitch, sunbathing. A group of guys and a few girls came over with cricket equipment and set up the stumps etc to start playing. One of the girls goes around asking anyone who's on the cricket pitch if they could politely move as they were going to play a match. Of course everyone moves apart from Edinburgh Rambo who proceeds to go absolutely berzerk at this girl who couldn't have been much older than 22. Luckily a few guys ran over to defend her but Edinburgh Rambo was having none of it and started dancing on the spot saying he is the righteous one and will not move. This went on for about 5 minutes and eventually the cricketers gave up. 

I know this is quite a thread bump but thought it's worth letting people know how much of a nutter this guy is and if you see him try to give as wide a berth as you can. Who knows what terrible acts he is capable of.

IMG_3611.jpg

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, edimburgo said:

Hello everyone, I've come over from reddit after someone there posted about this guy. I did a google search and discovered this thread, so thought I'd post my experiences of him, he's known as 'Action Man' or 'Edinburgh Rambo'. I also found this picture of him online to help identify him so everyone can keep a wide berth.

Anyway. first time was when my friend and I were walking down the mound and coming up to the junction were the mound meets Market Street. All we could hear was this big English voice shouting at the top of his lungs. Discovered Edinburgh Rambo had been walking in the road and a cyclist had asked him to move out the way. Really thought the cyclist was going to get killed by this guy, he was so incredibly aggressive. Plus, he is an absolute unit. Anyway, he eventually walks off still shouting at the top of his lungs telling everyone to get out his way. 

The other time was on the meadows and he had set up camp on the cricket pitch, sunbathing. A group of guys and a few girls came over with cricket equipment and set up the stumps etc to start playing. One of the girls goes around asking anyone who's on the cricket pitch if they could politely move as they were going to play a match. Of course everyone moves apart from Edinburgh Rambo who proceeds to go absolutely berzerk at this girl who couldn't have been much older than 22. Luckily a few guys ran over to defend her but Edinburgh Rambo was having none of it and started dancing on the spot saying he is the righteous one and will not move. This went on for about 5 minutes and eventually the cricketers gave up. 

I know this is quite a thread bump but thought it's worth letting people know how much of a nutter this guy is and if you see him try to give as wide a berth as you can. Who knows what terrible acts he is capable of.

IMG_3611.jpg

I'd lay that **** straight out..

With an Exocet.