Mystery Edinburgh muscle man

Fxxx the SPFL

luckyBatistuta
On 27/02/2018 at 12:21, Armageddon said:

Wait, ginger hair and popcorn teeth??? :)

Joking aside - I see this guy quite a bit, backpack on and carries a bottle of cloudy shit, looks absolutely mental.  Even if his house was on fire I'd be too scared to chap his door.

Stay well clear, he’s a violent man. (Oh btw, see you in the stroke play?)

I know this is late, I maybe need to keep up;)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

• sadj

• Fxxx the SPFL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

Not seen her for a couple of years, used to see her between Danderhall and Sheriffhall, she would be looking up to the sky and holding the back of her head, very odd. 

She suffered from the severest of migraines and would often walk 20 miles a day as she felt it helped her.

I spoke to her on a few occasions and she wasn’t odd. Just someone who was suffering and a bit low.

As said, nobody’s seen her for a while but I hope she’s ok.

been here before
6 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Do you ever post anything of significance...

6 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

So I posted something you'd already posted 3 days ago.  

:facepalm:

Like I said, an abject insignificance but you bash on regardless.

Sexton Hardcastle

There’s another similar fella who suns himself in the quadrangle at the city chambers. Slight bit of sun and it’s tits out.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, been here before said:

:facepalm:

Like I said, an abject insignificance but you bash on regardless.

:qqb006:

On 26/02/2018 at 17:10, AlimOzturk said:

There is another guy who wanders around with long curly black hair, dressed as Michael Jackson. He has headphones in and every now and again belts out a "shamone" in true Michael Jackson form. Not seen him in a while. 

Not seen the homeless guy who used to sleep in the park on Abbey Hill/regent street. Dunno if the police and council moved him but he had some amount of gear which he used to just leave beside himself on the bench. He had this huge matted ginger beard. 

On 26/02/2018 at 17:25, Cade said:

MJ is Michael Trang. Been banned from just about every nightclub and pub in the city.

Abbey Hill tramp is known as Beaver Man as his hair has matted into what looks like a beaver's tail. He was on a bench in Regent's park last week, with all his dozens of shopping bags around him.

Michael Trang is someone different. You’re right about him being banned from a lot of clubs but the MJ that walks around town is different. Haven’t seen him for a while myself.

Alim, cheers for the info on the guy from the OP. I see him all the time as I regularly work round the Old Town and often wonder what his story is. Saw him once in East Market street shouting ‘he’s a cop, ask anyone in Belarus’. Only time I’ve seen or heard him speak.

Anyone ever see Jack Sparrow down Dundas Street direction? Also, wee Mandy. No seen her for a while. She is a character. :lol:

The Future's Maroon
On 26/02/2018 at 21:58, PTBCAL said:

Long hair, always in tracking bottoms?

Think he works as a youth counceller or something similar 

Aye, if you bother with Facebook he has his own tribute page https://en-gb.facebook.com/The-Walking-Man-169780139369/

Image here - https://goo.gl/images/k3LhSh

There is another weird chap in Slateford/Gorgie area who seems to live in Appin Terrace, he walks about in a pair of beige jeans/trousers that are ripped to shred around the backside....it's really offence if you happen to walk behind him. I offered him a pair of jeans to replace his horrendous breeks, he told me to F off the ungrateful git ?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Cosimo, badbackman, beaverman and the walking man I’ve seen/used to see plenty times.

Does anyone remember the old geezer who always stood at roseburn shouting at the buses and often battering them with his walking stick? Christ knows what LRT did to him. And another guy we used to see as kids in the early 90s walking around Sighthill/Corstorphine that we called Evil. Looked like a skinny version of Gru from Despicable Me. I’m sure he was very nice but he looked scary as ****. 

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Michael Trang is someone different. You’re right about him being banned from a lot of clubs but the MJ that walks around town is different. Haven’t seen him for a while myself.

Alim, cheers for the info on the guy from the OP. I see him all the time as I regularly work round the Old Town and often wonder what his story is. Saw him once in East Market street shouting ‘he’s a cop, ask anyone in Belarus’. Only time I’ve seen or heard him speak.

Anyone ever see Jack Sparrow down Dundas Street direction? Also, wee Mandy. No seen her for a while. She is a character. :lol:

Jack Sparrow runs a stall along the royal mile near the council building. Nice guy speak to him fairly often. 

Wee Mandy the Hearts fan? 

Edited by AlimOzturk

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Jack Sparrow runs a stall along the royal mile near the council building. Nice guy speak to him fairly often. 

Never actually seen him up there! Usually just see him walking down Dundas Street.

Aye the very same! First encountered her when I was about 9 in the club store. Seen her countless times since although not at the football for a long, long time.

Used to see Mandy knocking around Gorgie all the time when I lived there, we must have had the exact same conversation about 100 times. And it normally started with her asking me if I was a Hearts fan. 

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Wee Mandy.

Used to either see her at the bus stop in St.Andrews Square outside the bank or getting on a bus at the old ABC on Lothian Road. She also used to frequent the Penny Black.

13 hours ago, Locky said:

Is this Michael Trang lad, the boy that used to go to all the old school clubs like Eros /

Subway/ Rev and break dance on the tables? 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

There's a guy who sometimes gets on my bus in the morning (number 2) on Dalry Road at the stop opposite the Chapter One coffee shop and gets off on Nicolson Street at the old Bingo hall and immediately sits down on the pavement with his hat on the floor begging for change.  Older looking guy who usually wears a brown fur coat, a hat and cord type trousers - none of which really match with each other.  I can go weeks without seeing him but it's usually when I'm going into work later in the morning.

He quite clearly has mental issues as he will sit on the bus and make weird noises or talk/shout to imaginary people and a few weeks ago he even started looking in the general direction of other passengers and sort of mumbling/shouting what sounded like "**** off" at them.  You can sense the people around him getting a bit uncomfortable when he starts things off.  I hate to admit it but I've always dreaded the moment he sits next to me (I know that sounds horrible) but he is yet to do so.

I'm sure I've seen him begging in Dalry after Hearts games so I am assuming is genuinely homeless but always wondered what his story is.

Sorry, late one.

The bent over guy was known as the ‘bag man’ due to the amount of plastic bags he carried around with him.

Source? My wife

The Future's Maroon
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, late one.

The bent over guy was known as the ‘bag man’ due to the amount of plastic bags he carried around with him.

Source? My wife

I hope she didn't see him emptying his bags? ?

Fxxx the SPFL

Upon my return to Edinburgh from Coventry tomorrow hopefully if the trains are running I will endeavour to photograph these local worthies when I next see them feel free to do the same.

Has been posted before so some can keep their tears and snotters to themselves. Any news on the twins who used to sell the Evening News along with their scary mother? Without wanting to sound like a complete prick and to describe them as PC as I can they had a rather unusual look and i think had learning difficulties? 

Often seen near the bus station. I was terrified of them as a school kid.

6 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Has been posted before so some can keep their tears and snotters to themselves. Any news on the twins who used to sell the Evening News along with their scary mother? Without wanting to sound like a complete prick and to describe them as PC as I can they had a rather unusual look and i think had learning difficulties? 

I've seen one of the twins pushing his Mum in a wheelchair within the last year. It was either at the NHS building at Lauriston Place or at St. Johns hospital. They still look the same.

2 minutes ago, Gulpener said:

I've seen one of the twins pushing his Mum in a wheelchair within the last year. It was either at the NHS building at Lauriston Place or at St. Johns hospital. They still look the same.

They must be in their 50's now and Mum 70's? 

24 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

They must be in their 50's now and Mum 70's? 

I'm rubbish with ages, though Mum does look in her 70's. Son was still the same gaunt features, very skinny.

1 hour ago, VladMagic said:

Affectionately referred to as the ‘monkey twins’. Used to see them a lot around Balgreen / Stevenson Drive area when growing up. They were harmless.

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Affectionately referred to as the ‘monkey twins’. Used to see them a lot around Balgreen / Stevenson Drive area when growing up. They were harmless.

I think the monkey twins were from Broomhouse. They were the acceptable face of broomies! :lol:

We were just talking about the twins a few days ago.

They had a pitch outside the Santander on the corner of Shandwick Place and Queensferry Street then the boys moved to beside the statue of Wellington on his horse outside General Register House.

Think the mums name was Maggie?

Meant to add, the mum was often wearing Rangers colours while the twins were Hearts.

I'm sure a comedian at the fringe had a few gags about the walking guy . Something along the lines of " Who the f@@k is the long haired dude bench pressing road signs in the Meadows "  He's been told off from the police for walking in the middle of the road.

Samuel Camazzola

Does anyone recall a wee Chinese guy who used to frequent some of the Edinburgh nightclubs late 90's/early 2000's? He used to just turn up on his own for a dance and then disappear. 

He would just wear casual gear as if he'd just finished a shift but liked to cut some shapes. 

The walking man as he's been called stays in my old stair at the top of Newton Street in Gorgie with his brother and he's no the full shilling either. 

images.jpeg

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
8 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Does anyone recall a wee Chinese guy who used to frequent some of the Edinburgh nightclubs late 90's/early 2000's? He used to just turn up on his own for a dance and then disappear. 

He would just wear casual gear as if he'd just finished a shift but liked to cut some shapes. 

That's Michael Trang is it not?

9 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Used to see him in the Subway all the time. A really decent dancer. Like you say would turn up, own the floor for an hour and disappear.

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

31321_120683857973157_100000946316934_97930_1941585_n.jpg

I'm a regular at the Mill when back and see him regularly when I'm out on the "patio". :smoking: Certainly seems harmless enough.

7 hours ago, Shedro said:

Definitely got the Buffalo Bob from Silence of the lambs look 

rs-206564-MCDSIOF_EC049_H.jpg

I think you’ll find that’s Bison Bernie. 

39 minutes ago, Zico said:

I think you’ll find that’s Bison Bernie. 

Think you'll find you're wrong the name was Buffalo Bill I posted Bob though. 

3 hours ago, Shedro said:

Think you'll find you're wrong the name was Buffalo Bill I posted Bob though. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy8LusMvXNhbRpEO53jhO

indianajones

Is this the boy that can be seen wearing a tank top around the Bruntsfield area too?

Pretty sure he is South African or Australian. 

Holyrood_Hearts
On 03/03/2018 at 08:10, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

That's Michael Trang is it not?

That’s the boy I was thinking off. 

On 27/02/2018 at 12:50, Cade said:

He's now living in sheltered accommodation after being taken off the streets with a really bad virus a couple of years ago.

His dreads all got cut off so you may not recognise him

Same guy used to go into fast food places in Leith Walk and stand there intimidating staff, until they gave him something to get rid of him. Lived in Smith Place, outside basement at end of street in 1999, pissed and shit where he slept.

29 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Same guy used to go into fast food places in Leith Walk and stand there intimidating staff, until they gave him something to get rid of him. Lived in Smith Place, outside basement at end of street in 1999, pissed and shit where he slept.

If you read my post a while back you'll know that's not true. He was fed for free by most of the cafes and takeaways. 

Seen the MJ guy a few times. He was stood at the bar next to me once, put his pint down & did a wee Jackson spin. Crotch grab & everything, then carried on with his pint. Weird thing is no one batted an eyelid :laugh:

Wee Mandy. "Ye gaun oot the night?" :laugh:

What about the woman who walks about the town, she wears a long flowery dress and a brown fleece. Long straggly black/grey hair. I used to regularly get a train from Waverly & would see her looking under the tables in burger king picking up chips. Grim really. She also had a pungent odour about her.

The guy that would hang about the bus stops up the town telling anyone who would listen how he desperately needed bus fare to Bathgate. I gave him it once & he literally moved on to the next mug with the same story. 

Has the older boy who hangs about the pubs at The Chanter been mentioned? Sort of dirty beige jacket. Seen him begging at Haymarket as well. Think he would just beg till he had enough for a few pints. Every time I see him he looks a lot more bedraggled.

Edited by Pennywise

Speaking of twins, there were a pair who used to go to Hearts games but also regularly hung about round Southside. One was called Jimmy I think. Both quite short and stout, shaven heads and quite red in the face.

Never far away from a bottle of white lightning and dolly dimple to boot.

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

If you read my post a while back you'll know that's not true. He was fed for free by most of the cafes and takeaways. 

I read your post and I know what this guy did in 1999, he was moved on from Smith Place when the warehouse at the end of the street and maisonette  offices were developed into flats. Staff in office building there were scared of him, same guy may have lived in Bath street in Portobello.

YMMV

Apologies if it has been mentioned but there was a guy who I saw frequently around London Road area - looked a bit like Bill Nighy but hands and neck covered in tattoos. Always seemed to walk with a purpose. 

On 3/4/2018 at 00:04, indianajones said:

Is this the boy that can be seen wearing a tank top around the Bruntsfield area too?

Pretty sure he is South African or Australian. 

Pretty heavy, blonde curly hair and a sort of 'Bill Beaumont' face?

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Pretty heavy, blonde curly hair and a sort of 'Bill Beaumont' face?

Is the guy everyone is talking about not..

about 6ft

well built

black vest/tank top

shorts

always carrying a shaker bottle

now wears a furry Russian style hat