Mystery Edinburgh muscle man

Fxxx the SPFL

Fxxx the SPFL

I've noticed a guy who wanders around the city centre looks like a body builder but a bit scary. Around six feet two always wearing black lycra shorts and vest top woolly hat all year round usually has a small backpack. Long shoulder length blondish hair. When you walk past him he just seems to stare right through you. Actually saw him yesterday up the bridges anybody know anything about him.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

• sadj

• Fxxx the SPFL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson

He doesn’t exist outside your disturbed psyche I’m afraid.

have you done something really bad recently?

:pleased:

0136923F-51C8-48BA-9AE2-93C9A5052A8F.jpeg

Edited by scott herbertson

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I've noticed a guy who wanders around the city centre looks like a body builder but a bit scary. Around six feet two always wearing black lycra shorts and vest top woolly hat all year round usually has a small backpack. Long shoulder length blondish hair. When you walk past him he just seems to stare right through you. Actually saw him yesterday up the bridges anybody know anything about him.

Maybe he fancies you:laugh:

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Jeff said:

Maybe you can find him on grindr

Ha ha Jeff never gave that a thought I'm sure other folk have seen this geezer I do a lot of walking (correct spelling) in my days off now that I am partially retired and I certainly wouldn't fancy the dry boaby from him lol

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

He used to train in the uni gym if it's the guy in thinking of.

Cheers Taffin probably in his 30's

20 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Cheers Taffin probably in his 30's

I reckon he's late 30s at least if Its the same guy. Its probably 5/6 years since I trained there. He used to sit between sets with his earphones in with a bandana on and do weird hard movement dance things.

Always see him around the town with shorts, boots and he used to wear a leather waistcoat at times with his abs exposed and do stretches. 

If it's the same guy he seems really odd. Me and my mate used to laugh anytime we'd seen him out of the gym when describing what he's been up to. Seemed to keep himself to himself though so more power to him I guess.

Edited by Taffin

26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I reckon he's late 30s at least if Its the same guy. Its probably 5/6 years since I trained there. He used to sit between sets with his earphones in with a bandana on and do weird hard movement dance things.

Always see him around the town with shorts, boots and he used to wear a leather waistcoat at times with his abs exposed and do stretches. 

If it's the same guy he seems really odd. Me and my mate used to laugh anytime we'd seen him out of the gym when describing what he's been up to. Seemed to keep himself to himself though so more power to him I guess.

This sounds like the guy I was thinking of reading the OP. The bandana stuck with me. 

Used to see him in Nicholson Square a lot in camouflage trousers and either topless or wearing a vest. 

I spotted another of Edinburgh's characters yesterday. The Walking Man was seen in Portobello by the beach walking with a young kid and a Jack Russell!

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I spotted another of Edinburgh's characters yesterday. The Walking Man was seen in Portobello by the beach walking with a young kid and a Jack Russell!

Time at ?  

8 minutes ago, jambogaz1968 said:

Wasn't him then , I saw him outside Dickens pub at about that time.

Naw you never. I saw him in Portobello at that time.

2 hours ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Sounds like the same guy I’ve seen lots of times although he wears shorts and not Lycra and as you said a vest top. 

Wears a backpack and normally carrying a bottle of what I would think is water but looking at the way he walks about it might be vodka or something stronger 

When  I first seen him I thought he was some backpacking  tourist on holiday as no one in their right mind walks about in winter dressed like him 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Naw you never. I saw him in Portobello at that time.

Naw , he was outside Dickens talking to a local , a case of mistaken identity I'm afraid .

1 minute ago, jambogaz1968 said:

Naw , he was outside Dickens talking to a local , a case of mistaken identity I'm afraid .

I'm going to let my eyes be the judge here. It was him.

You are in New York, how would you know!?

Dave McCreery's knee

See him regularly round the High St. Does a bit of sunbathing in the street in the summer. Have heard him shout “mush, mush”. Definately not the full shilling.  

Does long blonde-haired body building guy look a little bit like Roger Daltrey (a younger Roger Daltrey), by any chance?  :hae36:

About 9-10 years ago there was a fella who matched the descriptions above who used to hang around Dublin city centre, but he disappeared.  He was heavily muscled, shoulder length "Bon Jovi" hair, tended to wear shorts, boots and an open shirt, and wore a bandana.  He bore a slight resemblance to Daltrey as well.

Think it’s the same dude who sunbathes at city chambers. Was a member at Pure Lauriston and he used to dance between sets. 

Strange fella but seems harmless

luckyBatistuta

I see this guy everywhere, he wears a furry hat a lot these days. Best to steer clear as he’s a real hot head, seen him lose it and attack someone once. Also seen him quite a few times shouting at folk, got some serious anger issues. 

Guy trains at the McDonald hotel gym along from the Parliament. Seriously wealthy guy parents left him a fortune. Absolute nutcase who I believe has been banned from almost every venue he has trained. Seems to have settled into the McDonald hotel as he is left alone to do what he wants. 

Walks for hours every day. Drinks these weird concoctions. 

13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Does long blonde-haired body building guy look a little bit like Roger Daltrey (a younger Roger Daltrey), by any chance?  :hae36:

About 9-10 years ago there was a fella who matched the descriptions above who used to hang around Dublin city centre, but he disappeared.  He was heavily muscled, shoulder length "Bon Jovi" hair, tended to wear shorts, boots and an open shirt, and wore a bandana.  He bore a slight resemblance to Daltrey as well.

Deffo sounds the same guy 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Guy trains at the McDonald hotel gym along from the Parliament. Seriously wealthy guy parents left him a fortune. Absolute nutcase who I believe has been banned from almost every venue he has trained. Seems to have settled into the McDonald hotel as he is left alone to do what he wants. 

Walks for hours every day. Drinks these weird concoctions. 

It's amazing that so many Edinburgh street people going all the way back to when I was a kid have been rumoured to be wealthy but eccentric. 

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I see this guy everywhere, he wears a furry hat a lot these days. Best to steer clear as he’s a real hot head, seen him lose it and attack someone once. Also seen him quite a few times shouting at folk, got some serious anger issues. 

It's no Neil Lennon is it ? :laugh::laugh:

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hibs fan then. Thought so! 

16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It's amazing that so many Edinburgh street people going all the way back to when I was a kid have been rumoured to be wealthy but eccentric. 

This guy is wealthy. Doesn't seem to give a shiney shit about the money however. 

Does the exact same routine at the gym. Hates fat unfit people and has grand plans of opening a gym where nobody is allowed to drink or eat bad food ??

Some of the stuff he comes out is bizzare. 

Nice guy but clearly mental. 

I seen the walking man for the first time in months the other day. Used to see him all the time when we stayed on Lanark Road. My wife would chat with him, Hearts fan I think? My wife would chat with this other guy who believed he was the reincarnation of Jesus and would regularly have sex with ghosts. Would say so on his Facebook page. Bizzare guy. 

On 24/02/2018 at 07:10, ray gets bus pass soon said:

The guy’s South African and and he used to walk around town toppless in all weather. Assume he’s been told by the police to cover up. Used to see him all the time around Edinburgh Uni and the meadows when I lived in that area. Had heard folk mention him training in gyms and ranting about fat folk as well. So many strange folk in Edinburgh.

Edited by Koolkeith

See this guy a lot in the summer on the high street, looks like a bondi beach rad dude. Found out from a work colleague that he is in fact polish with anger management issues. Certainly wouldn't want to spill his pint, or critic his wardrobe. 

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

I wonder if his old man used to walk about dressed as a tramp/Andy Capp, carrying multiple carrier bags? 

Samuel Camazzola
On 24/02/2018 at 07:10, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I think I know who you mean. I used to see a guy as you described but wearing a bandana and heavy duty boots. He always walked 'with a purpose' and was usually around Surgeon's Hall or Lauriston Place. 

31 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I wonder if his old man used to walk about dressed as a tramp/Andy Capp, carrying multiple carrier bags? 

The very one I was thinking of.

7 hours ago, Barack said:

Does your wife work with people with mental disorders? 

Or just out a walk with the dog? 

at the bus stop actually :laugh:

Anyone mind a guy that walked around the gorgie area, always seen him when I was at school, sort of a Santa looking guy. Grey/black beard, bit portly. Always wore a big brown suede looking jacket and a wee matching man bag. He was another mental millionaire apparently!

Is the Wacko Jacko impersonator still kicking about? 

Fxxx the SPFL
21 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

at the bus stop actually :laugh:

Anyone mind a guy that walked around the gorgie area, always seen him when I was at school, sort of a Santa looking guy. Grey/black beard, bit portly. Always wore a big brown suede looking jacket and a wee matching man bag. He was another mental millionaire apparently!

Is the Wacko Jacko impersonator still kicking about? 

Was that not a guy called Asi Wasa last I saw him he was begging on princes street but heard that he had died a couple of years ago 

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think I know who you mean. I used to see a guy as you described but wearing a bandana and heavy duty boots. He always walked 'with a purpose' and was usually around Surgeon's Hall or Lauriston Place. 

That’s the guy, normally always black clothing. Always got his shaker bottle in his hand.

Anybody ever come across GARY at the taxi ranks. He hangs around all the ranks wearing a yellow high viz. He’s always directeverybody where to stand and keeping them in check. It’s hilarious watching everyone doing exactly what they’re told, not knowing that he’s just some random :laugh:

Also a shortish guy who sits around morningside. He always wears a blue/grey jacket, maroon trousers and greasy hair. If you speak to him, he’ll tell you that he’s Wallace Mercer, has done this for as long as I can remember.

6 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Was that not a guy called Asi Wasa last I saw him he was begging on princes street but heard that he had died a couple of years ago 

Shame. Was always smiling. Seemed a nice guy. 

been here before
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

The very one I was thinking of.

Was he not the wee Polish/Italian dude some lowlife set alight?

Cosmo or somesuch.

This dude?

Edited by been here before

William H. Bonney
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Was he not the wee Polish/Italian dude some lowlife set alight?

Cosmo or somesuch.

This dude?

Was he the guy who was set alight as he slept by some scumbags? 

This wee guy used to patrol the streets of Leith, carrying out pretend "stick ups".

It took a fair while for people to take his original chrome plated cap guns off him and replace them with triggers from spray bottles. Didn't want the poor auld guy to get killed by the cops or anything!

latest?cb=20131229093113