Excel question

Gorgiewave

I'm trying to make a graph in Excel. My laptop has Spanish settings, which means the axis has numbers with commas instead of decimal points and vice versa. 0.35 in English is 0,35 in Spanish and 1,000 in English is 1.000 in Spanish. The axis doesn't seem to allow manual editing. Is there some way to allow it or otherwise to change the axes?

Any help would be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, jamboj said:

There are ways to change the labelling of the axis. What is it you're trying to achieve exactly? 

The axis has 0,1 0,2 0,3, etc. I want it to say 0.1, 0.2, 0.3. It's the axis itself, not the name of the axis.

3 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

The axis has 0,1 0,2 0,3, etc. I want it to say 0.1, 0.2, 0.3. It's the axis itself, not the name of the axis.

would changing the format of the cells you are using for the graph work? I'm not sure if there is an option to change from european formatting to british

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

would changing the format of the cells you are using for the graph work? I'm not sure if there is an option to change from european formatting to british

In Spanish settings, Excel doesn't recognise 0.1. It thinks it's zero full stop one and meaningless and doesn't do any calculations with it.

Had a similar problem a while back when doing work for uni. 

Clicked: File/Options/Advanced...

then it gave the option of choosing what you wanted in place of the comma.

Not sure what edition that was, nor if it would carry over to the graphs. 

• 9 months later...

Hi, bumping this as i need to send out a mail merge using data from an excel spread sheet as the source.  I have columns with decimal points which I have rounded up using the -> .00 function.  How do I entirely remove the decimal points from its memory so that only the rounded number goes out in the mail merge?

Thanks for any help

Alex

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hi, bumping this as i need to send out a mail merge using data from an excel spread sheet as the source.  I have columns with decimal points which I have rounded up using the -> .00 function.  How do I entirely remove the decimal points from its memory so that only the rounded number goes out in the mail merge?

Thanks for any help

Alex

Use '=round(a1,0)' for the rounding then copy and paste as text