New Striker?

kimosavi

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Lafferty is a bit flaky for me. Great player to have but its something different he offers every week. 

True. His performances are unpredictable. 

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He was hopeless on Saturday.

aye come on, one game

Doesn't deserve to be labelled as "under performing" from one (or two) bad games

GorgieRules22
8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

aye come on, one game

Doesn't deserve to be labelled as "under performing" from one (or two) bad games

Last good game he had was Celtic at Tynecastle. Before that I wasn't overawed by his performances either but each to there own

Bristol jamboree 10

Let's get Saturday out of the way.I think it will be a hit or miss against saints.Watching that goal against scum who knows the spin on the ball

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Genuinely believe that we are borderline with wholesale changes now and that is a road I never want to go down again.

Think we have a pretty decent pot to piss with now.

Are we the completed article? Hell no, we have some hard work to do over the summer but these things must be gradual as continuity is vital.

I find myself agreeing with you more and more these days....strange times.

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I find myself agreeing with you more and more these days....strange times.

6 Hail Mary' and a long hot Dettol bath will sort that out.

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He was hopeless on Saturday.

So what?We got all three points via another player and will again.

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

So what?We got all three points via another player and will again.

Great we'll just no bother getting another striker then eh ?

I honestly thought we'd of seen a bit more from Lafferty and Naismith on their first game together. 

If they play like that every week we might just be able to hold on to them!

14 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Great we'll just no bother getting another striker then eh ?

Yes it is great isn't it having a number of players scoring for us,dry your eyes.

4 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Sometimes I really don’t understand CL whatsoever. We have Conor Sammon, at Partick thistle paying his whole wage.. why not recall him for at least back up. Let Dario Zannata go back on loan he in my opinion is far more ready than Irving, Macdonald, and the more inexperienced players Dario, could be important from the bench & again back up Calum Morrison another player I would of liked to see recalled. Instead CL loans everyone of our strikers out? or releases them and as I said a couple weeks ago priority should of been to replace Isma & stockton ridiculous descion making and seriously could cost us at some stage this season when Lafferty & Naismith are injured who comes in if they are injured? feel this slightly tarnishes some of the good business done in this window.

Sorry I had to stop reading when you said Zanatta was more ready than McDonald.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I honestly thought we'd of seen a bit more from Lafferty and Naismith on their first game together. 

It didn’t work on Saturday for a few reasons, Lafferty was up top on his own and can’t play with his back to goal and either hold the ball or lay it off. Naismith was also playing at right midfield and seemed unsure of whether he could break forward or not, a complete waste of his talent he needs to be further forward.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
5 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Sorry I had to stop reading when you said Zanatta was more ready than McDonald.

Macdonald has bags of potential but is very young zannata has had more professional experience and will be slightly further ahead than macdonald at this stage of his career and that’s a fact.

jamboinglasgow
8 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Levein hopeful we'll have another striker signed before weekend , straight from horses mouth 

lets hope that happens.

55 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Macdonald has bags of potential but is very young zannata has had more professional experience and will be slightly further ahead than macdonald at this stage of his career and that’s a fact.

But not as good. 

7 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

They can play lower league first team as much as they want, point is Zanatta, with the exception of the Hamilton game, has typically been like a rabbit in the headlights when he’s been brought into the first team.  McDonald has thrived on it and enjoyed it, the lads a natural and very comfortable at this level.  That mazy he went on last Saturday says it all, confidence personified, gave the crowd a huge boost at the time.

17 hours ago, Busby8 said:

If we have any aspirations at all then of winning the Cup then he better get his finger out.

There is not a cats chance in hell that Naismith and Lafferty are both going to remain either fit or suspension free through a full cup campaign.

We’ve proven before the January transfer window that we can go toe to toe with the best. This team could win the cup but as we all know it’s a bit pot luck sometimes.

As for the league, there’s not much to aim for. I’d love to finish 4th ahead of Hibs, but that could involve qualifying for Europe which we’re not ready for.

Naismith is playing too deep, Lafferty is not a main striker and never has been. Naismith up front with Lafferty or Milinkovic supporting.

31 minutes ago, Locky said:

We’ve proven before the January transfer window that we can go toe to toe with the best. This team could win the cup but as we all know it’s a bit pot luck sometimes.

As for the league, there’s not much to aim for. I’d love to finish 4th ahead of Hibs, but that could involve qualifying for Europe which we’re not ready for.

In what way are we not ready for Europe?

I never understand this "not ready for Europe " chat

Why do you need to be ready for a couple  of qualifiers ?

Its not like it's ever going to be a full on assault to make the group stages any time soon

Scottish teams simply don't have the quality- Aberdeen have been best of the rest by a mile the last wee while and haven't even made it past the third qualifying round 

Europe is good. Let's do it 

8 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Oh dear.

You think that’s the case. And you are entitled to your opinion as we all are. However given this is completely subjective as are most of these types of debates i’d be interested to know how it’s a fact?

just because you believe something doesn’t make it a fact. 

Thing is every club want a striker. We've gambled enough on that position and have seen some utter dross turn up leave never to be remembered. We need more goals from midfield...Djoum, Cochrane, Cowie all need to start contributing more goals. Skinny is doing his bit and we have options with Naismith...lafferty really needs to start a run going as well....for me those two should be up top....less of Naismith dropping deep...they're a pair of nightmares to handle on their day.

14 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Last good game he had was Celtic at Tynecastle. Before that I wasn't overawed by his performances either but each to there own

I presume you knew he had a three game suspension.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

They can play lower league first team as much as they want, point is Zanatta, with the exception of the Hamilton game, has typically been like a rabbit in the headlights when he’s been brought into the first team.  McDonald has thrived on it and enjoyed it, the lads a natural and very comfortable at this level.  That mazy he went on last Saturday says it all, confidence personified, gave the crowd a huge boost at the time.

I'd agree, MacDonald has looked the most comfortable along with Brandon in the first team so far.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

I never understand this "not ready for Europe " chat

Why do you need to be ready for a couple  of qualifiers ?

Its not like it's ever going to be a full on assault to make the group stages any time soon

Scottish teams simply don't have the quality- Aberdeen have been best of the rest by a mile the last wee while and haven't even made it past the third qualifying round 

Europe is good. Let's do it 

Far more appealing than the LC group stage as well to the team, financially, potential players and to the fans.

Also means we've finished 3rd,. 4th or won the cup.

Sounds shite......

13 hours ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I thought we would have seen more from that starting 11. Thought looked good on paper...thought really poor i  reality...not just the two mentioned players  (granted expectations highest for them two)

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, john5698 said:

I presume you knew he had a three game suspension.

I go every week pal so you presume right ?

9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I go every week pal so you presume right ?

Wasn't inferring you don't, you said he hadn't had a good game since the Celtic game, the point I was making was that he was suspended for three of those games. He had a stinker on Saturday but scored a good goal at parkhead last week.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Rather worrying that Hibs are seemingly in better shape for a top 4 finish than we are given where the respective clubs have been for the past couple of years.  

As for the cup, a good cup run is massive for us. We have made next to nothing out of the cups in the last few years. If we play as we did last Saturday and are as coy in our approach, we could have problems this coming weekend 

9 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

It would appear that the coaching staff don't share your opinion and Zanatta is out on loan (again) for a reason.  I have never seen anything from him that makes me think he will be a first team player for us. 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Rather worrying that Hibs are seemingly in better shape for a top 4 finish than we are given where the respective clubs have been for the past couple of years.  

As for the cup, a good cup run is massive for us. We have made next to nothing out of the cups in the last few years. If we play as we did last Saturday and are as coy in our approach, we could have problems this coming weekend 

Hibs didn't employ a manager a short time ago who was allowed to bring in a multitude of inadequate unsuitable players. We did. We are sorting it. Takes time and is not a worry for me. 

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

If we play like we did V Celtic we will win comfortably.

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Far more appealing than the LC group stage as well to the team, financially, potential players and to the fans.

Also means we've finished 3rd,. 4th or won the cup.

Sounds shite......

The 6 additional points that Hibs have taken away from trips to Parkhead and Ibrox this season will most likely be pivotal. They have played twice at each venue whilst we have only been to Ibrox once (and parked the bus big time) 

Can't see us being anything other than 5th this year. 

40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Any itk’ers heard anything about the striker we are hoping to bring in this week?

Information coming out of Tynecastle is very scarce these days. One or two ITK people on here have proved to be spot on recently. 

6 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

If we play like we did V Celtic we will win comfortably.

Sure. Have we performed like that before or since though 

Saturday is a very big game. Need to improve massively on last weekend 

GorgieRules22
19 minutes ago, john5698 said:

Wasn't inferring you don't, you said he hadn't had a good game since the Celtic game, the point I was making was that he was suspended for three of those games. He had a stinker on Saturday but scored a good goal at parkhead last week.

If you read what I put I also said previous to the Celtic game at home. Each to there own but I'm not overly impressed with Lafferty up till now.

Would like another striker to have on the bench. Only if he is decent enough though.

I'd would also rather finish 5th this season and win the Scottish Cup than 4th and no Cup. Get some European games at our newly finished main stand.

Obviously I'd rather Cup and 3rd/4th/above Hibs though.

26 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Information coming out of Tynecastle is very scarce these days. One or two ITK people on here have proved to be spot on recently. 

As it should be - don't get me wrong its great for the fans to get snippets here and there but if there is constant leaks it would worry me. 

33 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I actually think we started from a poor position this season. No manager, huge recruitment and uncertainty. Also factor in the Murrayfield. 

I think with our increasing additional revenue streams we will have the capacity to pull away from them in the next 18 months or so but this season might be too soon.

Big worry with signing a striker now is how fit they would be for the rest of the season.

Amankwaais going to take a bit of time to get up to speed, so is Adoa. Naismith is class so can play but we've definitely not seen the best of him yet either.

Reallyneed anyone else that comes in to be up to speed ASAP and with unattached players that may be very difficult.

6 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I actually think we started from a poor position this season. No manager, huge recruitment and uncertainty. Also factor in the Murrayfield. 

I think with our increasing additional revenue streams we will have the capacity to pull away from them in the next 18 months or so but this season might be too soon.

This will only transpire if we can fill the stadium. There is no evidence to date that we are close to achieving that 

Archived