• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

38 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

πŸ‘

WellΒ said πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»Mon the hearts...

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

It is a still from an episode of The Simpsons.Β 

A burning Union flag? Seems very celtic thing to put on?Β  Β someone thought it was OK but,, not me personally , I had a malmaison monument on here as an avatar , which was with union flag& hearts crest ,Β  Β I had it taken.down for some apparent reason,?don't think a burning union flagΒ is appropriate joke or not butΒ  Β whatever eh....

2 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Mrs o cannot help herself though.threads like this is like catnip to her.Β 

Last time it was union flag in a bin or something was it not??

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well put, love the avatar πŸ‘πŸ½.Β 

πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Why choose it as an avatar on this site though?

Symbolic. Innit.Β 

11 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

A burning Union flag? Seems very celtic thing to put on?Β  Β someone thought it was OK but,, not me personally , I had a malmaison monument on here as an avatar , which was with union flag& hearts crest ,Β  Β I had it taken.down for some apparent reason,?don't think a burning union flagΒ is appropriate joke or not butΒ  Β whatever eh....

More than half of JKB must be Celtic if recent poll results were to be extrapolated.Β 

Β 

Hail-o Hail-oΒ 

We are the Gorgie Bhoys.Β 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

More than half of JKB must be Celtic if recent poll results were to be extrapolated.Β 

Β 

Hail-o Hail-oΒ 

We are the Gorgie Bhoys.Β 

Not just stick on a Simpson character instead of the burning British flag?

7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Last time it was union flag in a bin or something was it not??

Sorry for any hurt feelings. I'll change it to a picture of Queen Elizabeth as soon as I get the chance.Β 

Β 

Don't want to miss out on staunch-wall points.Β 

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Not just stick on a Simpson character instead of the burning British flag?

Prefer the burning flag though.Β 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Sorry for any hurt feelings. I'll change it to a picture of Queen Elizabeth as soon as I get the chance.Β 

Β 

True colours shining through, great song by candy lauper,just on radio...

2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Β 

It's OK no feelings were hurt , just my curiosity in the way as always..

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Our very own wee nippy

Β 

Β 

FFFFAAAAARRRRREEEEEDDDDUUUUMMMMMBBBB

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Indeed.Β 

Β 

Maroon is the only colour for me.Β 

Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

WatchΒ  out she's in fool throttle now .yawn .yawn.

Β 

Speaking of fools.Β 

8 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Indeed.Β 

Β 

Maroon is the only colour for me.Β 

Β 

Β 

And yet your avatar has no trace of Maroon.

What's it symbolic of, presumably in a Simpsons context?

The Hogfather

Whether you're pro-Union or pro-Indy, having a burning flag as your avatar on a football forum is pretty strange craic, being honest.

18 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Prefer the burning flag though.Β 

.As an ex British soldier I find your avatar bizarre, strange, embarrassing and hugely disrespectful. I’ve seen many a burning Union flag, the green brigade and the people of south Armagh are good at burning them, but I’ve never seen an alleged hearts fan do it or want it done?Β Particularly given our history and closeness to the British military, as you may be aware many of our players and fans fought and died under the flag you depict burning. Maybe you should go to contalmaison on the 1st of July with Robbo and Lockie and burn your flag then? See how you get on? Small minded individual. I bet you have cats

4 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

.As an ex British soldier I find your avatar bizarre, strange, embarrassing and hugely disrespectful. I’ve seen many a burning Union flag, the green brigade and the people of south Armagh are good at burning them, but I’ve never seen an alleged hearts fan do it or want it done?Β Particularly given our history and closeness to the British military, as you may be aware many of our players and fans fought and died under the flag you depict burning. Maybe you should go to contalmaison on the 1st of July with Robbo and Lockie and burn your flag then? See how you get on? Small minded individual. I bet you have cats

as an ex British sailor from a strong military background Β I find it really weird to bring up contalmaison. the people remembered are remembered for allowing free thought. Its why I no longer wear a poppy or attend rememberence services. It’s an avatar. Why do people have to overthink these things Β  Cue theΒ Celtic, hibs, Nat commentsΒ 

7 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Β 

There's no danger he's Hearts.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

as an ex British sailor from a strong military background Β I find it really weird to bring up contalmaison. the people remembered are remembered for allowing free thought. Its why I no longer wear a poppy or attend rememberence services. It’s an avatar. Why do people have to overthink these things Β  Cue theΒ Celtic, hibs, Nat commentsΒ 

It doesn't take much thinking to establish the reasons for it.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Maybe because at contalmaison there is a cairn erected and financed by Mccraes Battailion trust to specifically remember The Sporting Battalion?

Just now, ShedBoy said:

Maybe because at contalmaison there is a cairn erected and financed by Mccraes Battailion trust to specifically remember The Sporting Battalion?

Misses the point completely. YouΒ missed what they sacrificed for.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Misses the point completely. YouΒ missed what they sacrificed for.

I explained to you why I brought up Contalmaison seeing as you found it β€˜weirdβ€˜

The bravest of the brave would be none to happy if they could see the standard they fought under being burnt on a scottish football forum though

• davemclaren locked this topic