New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Pretty sure telling them to their face wouldn’t help either to be fair. Prob confuse them at the use of words over three letters long…

I know .

I was pushing for some Gorgie Aggro

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Stupid Sexy Flanders
55 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

You may make the time to tell each one of them your thoughts in person, not sure if typing it here is any use.

I'm sure some of them read Kickback, I reckon a big part of the fun for them is pissing off fellow Hearts supporters. Which is weird behaviour. 

1 minute ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I'm sure some of them read Kickback, I reckon a big part of the fun for them is pissing off fellow Hearts supporters. Which is weird behaviour. 

Yeah, they are young though. But i saw some old faces on Thursday night, same crew as 35 years ago.  Pissin off each other has been a thing for decades, used to see it all the time on the travels late 70's to 80's. Clerry V Livi V anyone else.

I don't think that we should be too hard on the young team. We have all done daft things in our time but we have grown out of them. The main thing is that the young supporters are enthusiastic and are the future of the club. We should be encouraging them while at the same time pointing out to them that they have a responsibility towards the club and that this means not being sectarian or racist, which I am absolutely sure most of them are not.

I've no intention of ever joining in a song started by a UJ clad, Stone Island wearing, plukey wee attention starved moron who minutes before was singing about Fenians and the IRA. 

Sorry for making the atmosphere at Tynie bad everyone X 

27 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Piss people off then moan when they don't join in their ditties. 

Sums them up. 

8 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Piss people off then moan when they don't join in their ditties. 

Sums them up. 

What's with the burning Union flag avatar ? just curious like.

19 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I don't think that we should be too hard on the young team. We have all done daft things in our time but we have grown out of them. The main thing is that the young supporters are enthusiastic and are the future of the club. We should be encouraging them while at the same time pointing out to them that they have a responsibility towards the club and that this means not being sectarian or racist, which I am absolutely sure most of them are not.

It is a lot tamer from my own Pluke faced youth, was a wee Hello Hello prick everywhere i went.

1 minute ago, A.JAMBO said:

It is a lot tamer from my own Pluke faced youth, was a wee Hello Hello prick everywhere i went.

So was I and I'm a Roman Catholic. 

Exile fae Main Street

Not new, I can remember at Shawfield of all places circa 1970, some Skinheads, Ben Shermans braces et al singing the old "knock kneed chicken, bow legged hen" ditty being asked by a middle aged bloke to sing some Hearts songs and being ignored.....

3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

So was I and I'm a Roman Catholic. 

It was never about religion though, was more to do with the songs kicking about back then. Would sing all sorts as you may know. 56 year old here.

Oh wait add to it i was a wee British Movement prick as well.  Thought i was onto something shaved head Docs Braces, onto the long road home at 1 am Sunday after games away. Been lifted at Greenock Morton Killie Dundee United St J Falkirk Easter road Parkhead . Only ever charged once, V Dundee United Kilgour in his element as usual, he gets away  i get lifted out the terraces one of our mates Stu gets dragged around the pitch by the Union Jack on his back . Was a long walk to Perth got a lift off a milk float and a Copper gave me a lift over the fourth road bridge , dropped off near Broxburn. Went to court on my 18th birthday. Was never arrested or in trouble since. Grew my hair and now i am bald again. Singing Hello Hello we are the Gorgie Boys.

Edited by A.JAMBO

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Back then we nearly all were ?

Not catholics,  I mean singers of that type of song sung was rife , no one really bothered,  

Exile fae Main Street

I don't get the Tynecastle atmosphere / bearpit thing....it used to be........

Enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday

Some dodgy songs for sure

But in the most it was  no bad 

2 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

I don't get the Tynecastle atmosphere / bearpit thing....it used to be........

At one time yes, how it's changed,

I loved the shed back in the day 

It was awesome

Great memories 

1 minute ago, Drew Wallace said:

It was awesome

Great memories 

That was the original singing section. 

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Libertarian said:

Full of "The Gorgie Fist" all  original members too.

FTH.

2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

It was certainly something" not the place to be if you were faint hearted, that's for sure"  in certain games...

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

It was certainly something" not the place to be if you were faint hearted, that's for sure"  in certain games...

Aye polis hats flying everywhere and some right belters of songs.

Exile fae Main Street
37 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I've no intention of ever joining in a song started by a UJ clad, Stone Island wearing, plukey wee attention starved moron who minutes before was singing about Fenians and the IRA. 

Apology not accepted! Just join in the acceptable songs😍

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye polis hats flying everywhere and some right belters of songs.

Loved the Shed

In full force it was a joy to behold 

Edited by Drew Wallace

been here before
8 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

It was awesome

Great memories 

6 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Ive got this framed in the house. Gives me a warm glow every time I look at it and remember my favourite days following Hearts, not least the goal it depicts.

il_794xN.2517204236_jt17.jpg.532ca279b4c1f592ca855ea5b506db56.jpg

2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Never forget that corner, was reeking of pish  was off it's tits when jam packed  Coppers hats being passed about , songs that would see the whole section closed off being sung . When it was packed out there are very few places can match it, i was once stretchered out during a Game V the vermin. cannot remember the finer details but i am sure Hibs Scored from a corner as i was going up the tunnel. Remember the ball bouncing off the underside of the stretcher  I think we won the game 3-2 may of been a 2-2 though

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Drew Wallace said:

Loved the Shed

In full force it was a joy to behold 

Te scarf twirleys were legendary ..

The Bayern game was something else when Fergie scored, i aint seen bedlam like that since

Well maybe bar the  Liverpool  game   but that was away

Edited by Drew Wallace

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ive got this framed in the house. Gives me a warm glow every time I look at it and remember my favourite days following Hearts, not least the goal it depicts.

il_794xN.2517204236_jt17.jpg.532ca279b4c1f592ca855ea5b506db56.jpg

Magical m8

9 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Was there in the shed that day..

Ditto 👍

Ffs leave the young guys alone. Saw some videos yesterday and giving great support for the team when it was needed. Ffs I’m a old fart but love the young team who travel, spend their cash and getting right behind the side.

if you’re offended stay at home 

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

What's with the burning Union flag avatar ? just curious like.

It is a still from an episode of The Simpsons. 

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Ffs leave the young guys alone. Saw some videos yesterday and giving great support for the team when it was needed. Ffs I’m a old fart but love the young team who travel, spend their cash and getting right behind the side.

👍

50 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It is a still from an episode of The Simpsons. 

Why choose it as an avatar on this site though?

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Ffs leave the Green Brigade alone. Saw some videos yesterday and giving great support for the hoops when it was needed. Ffs I’m a old fart but love the young team who travel, spend their cash and getting right behind the side.

Okay so what if your post read like this?

(Mind I'm not accusing you of being Celtic. I'm saying this is the kind of defense they always throw up for their side's atrocities.)

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Well put, love the avatar 👍🏽

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Old firm games were the worst used to be bottles thrown back and forth usually full of pish dangerous times but definitely a great atmosphere even when we only had 8 or 9 thousand the shed created mega noise

2 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

It was never about religion though, was more to do with the songs kicking about back then. Would sing all sorts as you may know. 56 year old here.

Oh wait add to it i was a wee British Movement prick as well.  Thought i was onto something shaved head Docs Braces, onto the long road home at 1 am Sunday after games away. Been lifted at Greenock Morton Killie Dundee United St J Falkirk Easter road Parkhead . Only ever charged once, V Dundee United Kilgour in his element as usual, he gets away  i get lifted out the terraces one of our mates Stu gets dragged around the pitch by the Union Jack on his back . Was a long walk to Perth got a lift off a milk float and a Copper gave me a lift over the fourth road bridge , dropped off near Broxburn. Went to court on my 18th birthday. Was never arrested or in trouble since. Grew my hair and now i am bald again. Singing Hello Hello we are the Gorgie Boys.

Clifton Arms bus?

No Livi Hearts was usually the south end of the dual carriageway next to Mid Calder or the Tap shop Mid Calder.

The early days was Deans road end. Started with Livingston And District Hearts Supporters Club  most of the time  was Whitburn 

Edited by A.JAMBO

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

What does that actually mean?

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Means i was a Bald wee prick then and am still a bald wee prick.

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Why choose it as an avatar on this site though?

I was wondering this also …………………

4 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I meant to put in a full stop Kilgour is a Jambo.

• davemclaren locked this topic