New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

2 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

No, we are a completely different group ?

You're the group 'Gorgie Boys' on twitter and facebook, yes?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

1 minute ago, ADAM said:

No, that was the small group that were trying to get a singing section going at the start of this season. We are ... @HMFCSSO 

give us a follow ??

IMG_3469.PNG

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, ADAM said:

There are two groups on Facebook called Gorgie Boys, I don't believe this is the closed group. The other group is for a singing section and may be this one.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

There are two groups on Facebook called Gorgie Boys, I don't believe this is the closed group.

We don't have a Facebook page. Only twitter.

portobellojambo1
Just now, HMFCSSO said:

We don't have a Facebook page. Only twitter.

Fair enough, I was in the middle of posting as you were responding to the previous poster and had already covered the group which is already on Facebook.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

Fair enough, I was in the middle of posting as you were responding to the previous poster and had already covered the group which is already on Facebook.

????

8 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

No, that was the small group that were trying to get a singing section going at the start of this season. We are ... @HMFCSSO 

give us a follow ??

IMG_3469.PNG

To be fair, until you get some formal endorsement from Hearts then you are about as official as the loch Ness monster centres. 

Portable Badger

With some of the comments on here restricting this, that and the other you might as well just rebrand yourselves as the 

Gorgie Gregorian Chant

Good luck GGC and I hope it takes off.  Tynecastle Park has been a bit too muted for a few years ( and that's not any dig at Queen Ann - was getting quieter years before that)

2 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

With some of the comments on here restricting this, that and the other you might as well just rebrand yourselves as the 

Gorgie Gregorian Chant

:laugh:

The best advice I can give you having had dealings with Ann Budge in the past is be as prepared as you possibly can

Think of what shes likely to ask and be sure you have well thought out answers.

Clearly the main point will be around "policing" this area..In terms of individuals and the material being sung.

Best of luck...I hope you manage to get agreement and a good turn out when it starts.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The best advice I can give you having had dealings with Ann Budge in the past is be as prepared as you possibly can

Think of what shes likely to ask and be sure you have well thought out answers.

Clearly the main point will be around "policing" this area..In terms of individuals and the material being sung.

Best of luck...I hope you manage to get agreement and a good turn out when it starts.

Like Dragons Den then ??

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Like Dragons Den then ??

That's no way to talk about our saviour....wash your mouth out!?

Shanks said no

HMFCSSO, mind me asking where your group currently meets up? Do you drink together in a certain pub?

Do think the name will be shortened very quickly to the Hearts SS which won't go down too well.

9 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

HMFCSSO, mind me asking where your group currently meets up? Do you drink together in a certain pub?

Do think the name will be shortened very quickly to the Hearts SS which won't go down too well.

We currently don't "meet up" as such but sit in different smaller groups around the stadium. I personally know everyone but some others do not know each other. We Are currently  trying to come up with an official name for the section. 

Edited by HMFCSSO

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

We currently don't "meet up" as such but sit in different smaller groups around the stadium. I personally know everyone but some others do not know each other. We Are currently  trying to come up with an official name for the section. 

Cheers and good luck with what you are trying to achieve.

Fist of Gorgie is stll available if you are looking for a name.

8 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Might have been covered earlier but couldnt be arsed trawling through, whats the age group of these lads? Good range or is it all teenyboppers 14-18

Romanov Stole My Pension

Don't sing sectarian nonsense and it's a fair enough idea. If they start any kind of sectarian stuff the section will be closed straight away and there'll never be another opportunity for others. Don't mess it up.

10 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Might have been covered earlier but couldnt be arsed trawling through, whats the age group of these lads? Good range or is it all teenyboppers 14-18

Majority are late teens/twenties but the age range is all the way from 13 to 48 mate

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Majority are late teens/twenties but the age range is all the way from 13 to 48 mate

I've still got my 'laced up boots and corduroys' from the 80s - can I join (would stretch the age limit a bit and I'm not too hot on the pogoing anymore, cos of my shagged knees, and my hearing's suspect so you'll need to 'count me in' on the songs and can we do it the Premium Section cos my seats comfier) ??:thumbsup:

Hopeful Hibs Hater

I'm fully behind it lads and want to be a part of it, what age group are you looking at? I say this because I'm 19 and my best mate and I (possibly another) would be very intrigued to be a part of it. Can give you my Twitter through DM or something? In terms of a name I'd thought of "The Maroon Platoon" don't know anybody's thoughts but hope it's a real success because the place is really boring at times and as a young man I'm wanting to scream my lungs out and get behind the JT's, we all want them to be successful at the end of the day.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

No Rangers songs, Butchers Aprons or any mention of the word 'Hertz' and I'll support it. Plenty songs in our repertoire without needing to resort to sectarian pish. And the only colours we should be flying are maroon and white... Latvian and Qatari flags welcome.

Anyway, I imagine the singing section will have to kowtow to the clubs demands if this is to be an officially sanctioned group. I expect if it's regulated well enough and self-policed to a degree by mature head-screwed-on types with the clubs best interests at heart, there shouldn't be too much trouble and it may prove successful. 

In that case I'm all for it.

Totally agree, don’t know if the singing section might be combined with a standing section too.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

How exactly does self policing work? 

They are members of the public and as such have no authority over anyone else at the stadium. 

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

How exactly does self policing work? 

They are members of the public and as such have no authority over anyone else at the stadium. 

Pretty simple, if the majority either boo, outsing the dodgy stuff or less likely, have an actual word with the folk.

It doesn't involve handcuffs or truncheons.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Pretty simple, if the majority either boo, outsing the dodgy stuff or less likely, have an actual word with the folk.

It doesn't involve handcuffs or truncheons.

Oh no handcuffs? Count me out then. ?

Bridge of Djoum
8 hours ago, Ryder said:

Just had a closer look at the picture there. Do you honestly see the club going for this when you have a guy holding a flare or a smoke canister on your branding? :lol:

And a C.P jacket, adidas sneaks and an Aquascutum scarf.

Hmmmmmm.....

Graham Thomson
10 hours ago, TheMaganator said:

Is the guy on the left holding a flare? :laugh:

Might be an idea to change that

Surely everyone knows who Andy Capp is ?? 

12 hours ago, obua said:

What happens at away games as the young team still attend and sing unacceptable songs,how will you distance your group from them.

I thought this was a good question, but haven't seen the answer.

I would also ask if this new group has looked at the experience of the 'young team' and learnt any lessons from it.  Tbh, the YT never bothered me that much, but in their attempt to generate an intimidating atmosphere, I think they made some wrong choices.  The one thing that did irk me was when they started to turn on other Hearts fans - usually at away games - for not joining in with them. 

So, for the singing section to catch on - and presumably that's what you want - you'll need to have a bit of respect for individual differences.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hope some of the older guys will keep the noise coming from G and N if the younger ones move to the Gorgie, if it happens there! 

We need the atmosphere all round the ground but a proper section for the younger ones wanting to sing throughout is very welcome indeed!

14 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

No, we are a completely different group ?

Just curious...how do you know? You have over 400 members on your twitter page. Do you have the names of the young team from a couple of years ago to be able to say with confidence that they aren't signed up?

25 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Gorgie Road end would be ideal.

That would be great however I think it could be problematic as that stand is known as ' the family stand' and the families there be a bit put off by the idea. I think it would make sense to have it where there is already a good atmosphere. So I could see it being in N or G!

Edited by jambo-fletch

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Just curious...how do you know? You have over 400 members on your twitter page. Do you have the names of the young team from a couple of years ago to be able to say with confidence that they aren't signed up?

I meant that the organisers of our group are different from the previous (young team). If a member of the previous young team who is not banned decides to join the section at games next season then what can we possibly do ? 

If a member of the previous young team who is not banned decides to join the section at games next season then what can we possibly do ? 

Indeed. Therein lies your problem. They probably will.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Indeed. Therein lies your problem. They probably will.

It doesn't necessarily mean it will be a problem though surely? If they've not been banned and want to join the group they deserve a second chance. If the rules are made clear from the get go, then I'm sure it can be self policed and successful! Best of luck!

2 minutes ago, jambo-fletch said:

It doesn't necessarily mean it will be a problem though surely? If they've not been banned and want to join the group they deserve a second chance. If the rules are made clear from the get go, then I'm sure it can be self policed and successful! Best of luck!

Exactly sir ???? Thank you 

If Owens and his teenage fan club get involved you can be assured they'll start up their nonsense and get the thing shut down again. Good luck self-policing them.

queensferryjambo

I haven't read all the thread so possibly I am going over some of the same points.

The main reason IMO the last singing section failed miserably are below. 

1. Whilst acting like good supporters inside Tynecastle the previous group acted like absolute idiots outside Tynecastle and their behaviour at away games was poor (both inside and outside the grounds). Sectarianism, smoke bombs and general loutishness. 

2.  The last group took it upon themselves to sing loads of droning 'Ultras' songs that nobody else in the ground knew so nobody else could join in. The 'Ultras' drones ended up drowning out any natural atmosphere or singing created in other sections of the ground. 

3. The last group did not take on board any of the decent advice given to them by other supporters or the club. Anyone looking from the outside could see they were a car crash waiting to happen. It was only a matter of time.

I would suggest a new singing section could work really well if they don't make the same mistakes as the previous group.

Good luck to anyone involved.

As per the majority of the thread. If this is done in the correct manner this could have the potential to bring back the  atmosphere that tynecastle has a reputation for.

Good luck to all involved.

54 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I haven't read all the thread so possibly I am going over some of the same points.

The main reason IMO the last singing section failed miserably are below. 

1. Whilst acting like good supporters inside Tynecastle the previous group acted like absolute idiots outside Tynecastle and their behaviour at away games was poor (both inside and outside the grounds). Sectarianism, smoke bombs and general loutishness. 

2.  The last group took it upon themselves to sing loads of droning 'Ultras' songs that nobody else in the ground knew so nobody else could join in. The 'Ultras' drones ended up drowning out any natural atmosphere or singing created in other sections of the ground. 

3. The last group did not take on board any of the decent advice given to them by other supporters or the club. Anyone looking from the outside could see they were a car crash waiting to happen. It was only a matter of time.

I would suggest a new singing section could work really well if they don't make the same mistakes as the previous group.

Good luck to anyone involved.

A singing section singing Ultras songs that know one else knew, there is nothing bad about that. ?  How could the previous Singing Section, 3 rows of section H drown out the rest of the atmosphere in the stadium? That is just embarrassing

On the positive side, if the game is boring at least a few on here can amuse themselves by watching the singing section, notebooks poised, for any signs of naughtiness.

A singing section singing Ultras songs that know one else knew, there is nothing bad about that. ?  How could the previous Singing Section, 3 rows of section H drown out the rest of the atmosphere in the stadium? That is just embarrassing

The previous singing section didn’t out-sing anybody, that was a big part of the problem. The drunk guys from hospitality in the Gorgie made about ten times as much noise as they did. 

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

The previous singing section didn’t out-sing anybody, that was a big part of the problem. The drunk guys from hospitality in the Gorgie made about ten times as much noise as they did. 

That's what my pint was, look what I was replying to ? The guy said that the previous Singing Sections drones drowned out the rest of the atmosphere in the ground

Suspect Device

Gorgie stand is ideal, both as a visual for other fans and tv,  also, it takes them away from opposition fans which I think HMFC / Ann would prefer.... once Main stand is complete, a fan(cash) bar in there would probably also add to atmosphere.

as for a name, The Gorgie Noise.

we definately lost something when The Shed went, no party stuiff, behave yourselves and hope it all goes well as I think it will add to `the matchday experience`

Edited by Suspect Device

1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

That's what my pint was, look what I was replying to ? The guy said that the previous Singing Sections drones drowned out the rest of the atmosphere in the ground

Missed that. Apologies. You are of course correct, they did not out-sing anybody. Part of that was down to location and also down to their attitude towards other Hearts supporters. Not many other fans were keen to join them in a wee sing-so g when they spent half their time remonstrating with the supporters in section G of the Wheatfield.

53 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

On the positive side, if the game is boring at least a few on here can amuse themselves by watching the singing section, notebooks poised, for any signs of naughtiness.

One hundred percent this. The section will fail, and I really hope it doesn’t, because these people are willing it to fail.

12 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

Surely everyone knows who Andy Capp is ?? 

I do,but then I'm 56 so maybe an age thing !

With respect to some decent posters, and the OP, if I was thinking of starting a group of supporters to organise singing, tifo, and any other malarky, the last place i'd broadcast it...or even announce an intention....would be on Kickback.

Even better why don’t we all sing and get behind the team Saturday Past was flat the only noise was them clapper things that at best are for kids here’s me thinking we had 15000 or so adults,

simply let’s make some noise the....

39 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

One hundred percent this. The section will fail, and I really hope it doesn’t, because these people are willing it to fail.

Personally I think that’s bullshit and a complete cop out. If it fails it will be down to the actions of the group, not anyone else. It’s been almost universally backed on here, and unfortunately that will make no difference whatsoever to its success or failure.

Edited by Ryder

• davemclaren locked this topic