New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

if they listen to Edinburgh is Wonderful i'm sure they would

do you think our Catholic players enjoy hearing FTP?

these songs are sung by people with their own agenda not for football/Hearts reasons

Is it so difficult to sing Hearts songs FFS

I've sat and listened to Celtic and Rangers supporters 3500 strong belting out all sorts of gibberish and not really understood a word of what they're chanting. I'm guessing our players have the same experience. 

Hearts supporters singing songs that upset Hearts supporters????

Seriously ???

Let's just make a noise and encourage the team. Nah ?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I've sat and listened to Celtic and Rangers supporters 3500 strong belting out all sorts of gibberish and not really understood a word of what they're chanting. I'm guessing our players have the same experience. 

Seriously ???

Round and round we go.

The White Cockade
4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Seriously ???

:cornette: 

• 1 month later...

Some of the shite they were coming out with today made an already awful day worse. Obviously couldn’t get a ticket for the Rangers game today. Get them to ****. 

WhenTheHeartsWentUp
6 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Some of the shite they were coming out with today made an already awful day worse. Obviously couldn’t get a ticket for the Rangers game today. Get them to ****. 

Think you are going to need to expand on this for those of us who werent there yesterday..what was sung?

Jambo 4 Ever
6 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

This

33 minutes ago, WhenTheHeartsWentUp said:

Think you are going to need to expand on this for those of us who werent there yesterday..what was sung?

Rule Brittania 

I was born under a UJ

”Fenian bashing in the sand” 

“**** the pope and the IRA” 

Hopefully they find the directions to Ibrox next time. 

Jambof3tornado

Getting worse coz they are getting away with it.

Shame as the idea of the section was good.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
5 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Rule Brittania 

I was born under a UJ

”Fenian bashing in the sand” 

“**** the pope and the IRA” 

Hopefully they find the directions to Ibrox next time. 

Part of the reason I can't be arsed with away games this season. What an embarrassment. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone from the SSO know who was filmed smashing up seats at ER? 

Not trying to accuse or point the finger, an honest question. 

HighTimes
On 08/02/2019 at 22:09, The White Cockade said:

the third option is simple

sing Hearts songs

do you actually think singing FTP or racist crap like Edinburgh is Wonderful is actually supporting the team

does anyone actually believe that?

Aye, this.  It's not exactly complicated.

HighTimes
On 08/02/2019 at 22:12, Artful Dodger said:

Do you think the team care ?

Maybe, maybe not - I'm pretty certain that our catholic players can't be wild on the up to our knees pish though.  But whether they do or not, any supporter who doesn't is part of the problem, imo.

HighTimes
On 16/03/2019 at 18:29, lsimp77 said:

Exactly.

• 2 years later...
19 hours ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Thought those in hospitality on Saturday were responsible for the rebirth of the singing section on Saturday.

What do you mean?

Thought those in hospitality on Saturday were responsible for the rebirth of the singing section on Saturday.

Second half 🎶 

been here before

Aye they were a little boisterous at points :lol:.

'mon the hospitality!

On 28/11/2021 at 21:13, BEDNAR BOY said:

Will the singing section return?

On 03/12/2021 at 14:33, Vin1874 said:

Will the singing section return?

Give the singing section one of the lower sections either in A,G,N,T or V. As long as they don't start singing any sectarian garbage they could really improve the matchday atmosphere. 

6 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Give the singing section one of the lower sections either in A,G,N,T or V. As long as they don't start singing any sectarian garbage they could really improve the matchday atmosphere. 

The sectarian garbage was in full flow yesterday sadly.

8 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Bit unfair to instantly blame a singing section for sectarian singing, it happens without one. I do think if N & G came together as one section it would help the atmosphere but that will never happen.

14 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

The sectarian garbage was in full flow yesterday sadly.

It certainly was, singing anti catholic songs - just plain stupid, what year are we in??? How do you think this makes our catholic players feel when they hear this!

Edited by heyjude1

32 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Bit unfair to instantly blame a singing section for sectarian singing, it happens without one. I do think if N & G came together as one section it would help the atmosphere but that will never happen.

Really sorry I didn't mean to suggest that the singing section do sectarian singing. I'm probably too old now to join the singing section but I think that it would be great for many of the younger supporters and would improve the atmosphere on matchday 

On 08/02/2019 at 20:16, jamtartan74 said:

Imo the section was doomed to fail from the beginning due to the location, most of the folk that may want to join are already seated in G or N and don’t want to relocate to H where cat A games are not included. It’s tricky though as there is nowhere else to accommodate a large group without moving existing season ticket holders which is not going to happen. There is usually plenty seats in G or N when it comes to getting season tickets though without having a designated section as such so they should just buy them for either of they sections and go for it. I wanted it to work at Tynecastle but it’s only the away games where it works due to them all grouping together. 

It’s doomed like the previous poster said because of the sectarian pish.

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, sac said:

It’s doomed like the previous poster said because of the sectarian pish.

Ripping the pish out of one of our own players (Gnando) doesn't help either, no matter how bad he is 

48 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Really sorry I didn't mean to suggest that the singing section do sectarian singing. I'm probably too old now to join the singing section but I think that it would be great for many of the younger supporters and would improve the atmosphere on matchday 

No need to apologise mate. Although I hate the Green Brigade they do have a good set up with the rail seating. Would love to see that at tynecastle in the near future.

5 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

No need to apologise mate. Although I hate the Green Brigade they do have a good set up with the rail seating. Would love to see that at tynecastle in the near future.

I feel that the club should support the young supporters who want to get the singing section of the ground. Give them responsibility to police themselves and I am sure that they will respond responsibly and become a credit to the club. 

3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I feel that the club should support the young supporters who want to get the singing section of the ground. Give them responsibility to police themselves and I am sure that they will respond responsibly and become a credit to the club. 

Didn't work out too well the last time(s)...

Said it on another thread,  to erupt into hello hello after boyce scored was really poor.  Its really poor at the best of times but after a catholic player scores it's even worse.  The 7ft song was also really poor.  The big man may be lillian gish but that would not help his confidence.  Maybe he would have scored his excellent chance had he not heard this ringing in his ears.  

Love the young team getting the singing going but really need to cut out the union jack,  hello hello,  Andy halliday songs

The trouble is, that groups of youngsters are easily led and also want to be a bit edgy. We will sing what we want etc. The club cannot allow an association with anything that can be considered offensive, such as sectarianism. This is viewed by the group as Budge wants to kill the atmosphere by being a fun sponge. It is not palatable to have any club sponsorship such as accommodating a signing section unless there is a policy of binning Hullo and Haliday hating IRA etc. Not going to happen in my view.

21 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I have my doubts but you deal with incidents as they arise.

Given the club's attitude I'm concerned it won't be attractive for youngsters to follow us.

10 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I have my doubts but you deal with incidents as they arise.

Given the club's attitude I'm concerned it won't be attractive for youngsters to follow us.

What attitude? 

The not wanting fans to sing sectarian or racist songs, steal drums or similar from opposition supporters etc, attitude? 

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

What attitude? 

The not wanting fans to sing sectarian or racist songs, steal drums or similar from opposition supporters etc, attitude? 

No, the attitude that the way to deal with these things is to ban the whole concept. 

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

No, the attitude that the way to deal with these things is to ban the whole concept. 

The whole concept hasn't been banned though, has it? 

Individuals have been banned and their mates/groomers/hangers-on have kept away from most home matches, or at least not got up to their nonsense in the same way.  

12 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The whole concept hasn't been banned though, has it? 

Individuals have been banned and their mates/groomers/hangers-on have kept away from most home matches, or at least not got up to their nonsense in the same way.  

My understanding was they weren't allowed the same section. 

The Hogfather

Multiple attempts at this and it always ends the same way. Can't see Hearts being that fussed about going down this road again.

6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Multiple attempts at this and it always ends the same way. Can't see Hearts being that fussed about going down this road again.

Indeed. Folk that are eager to sing should look to get season tickets in, or near, section G or N. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, davemclaren said:

Indeed. Folk that are eager to sing should look to get season tickets in, or near, section G or N. 🤷‍♂️

@Locky 🤔🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did I say something wrong? 🤔

Na all good , if ya know who Locky is you’d understand. 👍🏻 

The Hogfather
28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

G would be the best bet, it's practically empty these days.

The Wrinkly Ninja

The group that assembled around the corner yesterday were great mostly. While some of their other songs are just shite or not funny (strange obsession with molestation) and some plain weird (Craigy Halkett he’s one of our own?) I can choose not to join in with those.

Where the club and some supporters object, though, is when they have to listen to songs about union jacks, fenians and the IRA. If those kind of songs are still audible then there will never be a designated singing section at Tynecastle or if there is it will be short lived.

The club are quite rightly concerned that the larger the group the easier it is for dicks to be dicks. One such dick took the opportunity while Omeonga was being booed and reminded of his hibby past to make monkey noises at him yesterday! Embarrassing for the arse involved but again if there is any possibility that behaviours are masked because a group has assembled then the club will never sanction an approved section.

It’s up to the young team and too old to know better hangers on that if they believe that in order to have an atmosphere then sectarian songs are necessary then it will never happen. Don’t be dicks and you will have the support of more hearts fans to back up your case for a designated section which would be a fabulous thing.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Singing about Andy Halliday hating the IRA is beyond embarrassing. They've not even got the excuse of him being from Northern Ireland, (not that that makes it any more acceptable), but they're literally just celebrating the fact that he's a Rangers supporter! 

Everything about it is an absolute red neck. If any of you are reading this, you're not big hard men standing up against authority or whatever the **** you think you're doing. You're just an embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Singing about Andy Halliday hating the IRA is beyond embarrassing. They've not even got the excuse of him being from Northern Ireland, (not that that makes it any more acceptable), but they're literally just celebrating the fact that he's a Rangers supporter! 

Everything about it is an absolute red neck. If any of you are reading this, you're not big hard men standing up against authority or whatever the **** you think you're doing. You're just an embarrassment. 

You may make the time to tell each one of them your thoughts in person, not sure if typing it here is any use.

35 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

You may make the time to tell each one of them your thoughts in person, not sure if typing it here is any use.

Pretty sure telling them to their face wouldn’t help either to be fair. Prob confuse them at the use of words over three letters long…

• davemclaren locked this topic