New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I think some people should think before they post such comments on a public forum. These things are never as anonymous as we like to think. 

I agree. Some folk should think full stop, whether They're anonymous or not.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I agree. Some folk should think full stop, whether They're anonymous or not.

Correct. 

Or or else they may find some child groomer will pop a cap in their ass. ?

8 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

You stand by your comment about knives, cleavers and guns?

Really?

Yes I do , get the bee out your bonnet , I did try to Pm you but your PMs are off...

1 hour ago, sadj said:

. I’d imagine if they were in amongst the violence in the days like us older lot were and they saw someone attacked with a knife , cleaver etc or shot wi a gun they’d absolutely **** themselves. 

Nah, your quote definitely gives the impression you were involved, or witnessed, knives, cleavers and guns being used. 

Tell us about the time you saw such things at Hearts games. 

Nah, your quote definitely gives the impression you were involved, or witnessed, knives, cleavers and guns being used. 

Tell us about the time you saw such things at Hearts games. 

Go troll someone else , you used to be a poster who discussed things , now all you do is change argument depending on whats said to try and cause grief and troll. MJ asked something I was going to answer him by PM not interested in you jumping on the bandwagon. 

For the record I never once mentioned Hearts games I said if they’d been in around violence like us older lot and seen stuff like that they’d **** themselves. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Go troll someone else , you used to be a poster who discussed things , now all you do is change argument depending on whats said to try and cause grief and troll. MJ asked something I was going to answer him by PM not interested in you jumping on the bandwagon. 

For the record I never once mentioned Hearts games I said if they’d been in around violence like us older lot and seen stuff like that they’d **** themselves. 

Considering your posting on a Hearts forum you never mentioned that the guns/knives/cleavers were elsewhere so we've just go to assume that you were talking about Hearts games.

You also mentioned casuals, the violence (in my mind at least) was far worst in the 70s and early 80s before our well dressed scarfless chums turned up.

Just now, bikerjambo said:

Considering your posting on a Hearts forum you never mentioned that the guns/knives/cleavers were elsewhere so we've just go to assume that you were talking about Hearts games.

You also mentioned casuals, the violence (in my mind at least) was far worst in the 70s and early 80s before our well dressed scarfless chums turned up.

Yeah I get that but I was generalising. I would of explained this to MJ if he’d had PMs on. A casual to me doesn’t have to be a dressed up scarfless guy , just someone looking for trouble football related , unless you have a better word for those who went out looking for trouble. In which case i will use that in future. ??

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yeah I get that but I was generalising. I would of explained this to MJ if he’d had PMs on. A casual to me doesn’t have to be a dressed up scarfless guy , just someone looking for trouble football related , unless you have a better word for those who went out looking for trouble. In which case i will use that in future. ??

But from the mid 80s into the 90s they were

Just now, bikerjambo said:

But from the mid 80s into the 90s they were

Yeah thats fair enough , I don’t know what name you’d call them prior to the use of casusal though. ??‍♂️

Doctor FinnBarr
16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yeah thats fair enough , I don’t know what name you’d call them prior to the use of casusal though. ??‍♂️

Football hooligan?

Grooming... it’s not necessarily about sex, kids. Doesn’t make it right though.

The Eighties were utterly shite, and I can only imagine the Seventies were even worse.

pro-tips for free. 

?

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

I think sadj just imploded in his own weaponry.

WTF

? Im sticking by what I said 

jacklivi1874

Maybe the  singing section  should have  sit down  with some  KBr's and the latter can determine whats acceptable on match day

Edited by jacklivi1874

Comfortably the saddest thread on Kickback and that takes some doing. 

Sing football related songs or shut the **** up. 

Guns!!! WTF???

1 hour ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Maybe the  singing section  should have  sit down  with some  KBr's and the latter can determine whats acceptable on match day

U lern um big Show

1 hour ago, jacklivi1874 said:

U lern um big Show

Alex Kintner
5 hours ago, jacklivi1874 said:

The law (and a decent set of morals) determines what’s acceptable on match day

7 hours ago, Bez said:

Grooming... it’s not necessarily about sex, kids. Doesn’t make it right though.

The Eighties were utterly shite, and I can only imagine the Seventies were even worse.

pro-tips for free. 

?

The eighties were quite simply the best time for watching football. 

Standing in the Shed, in a crowd of 29k watching us stuff rangers 3-0 in the league and 3-2 in the Cup holds memories that I treasure as a Hearts fan. More so than sitting watching us beat celtic 4-0, I can tell you. 

A proper sense of belonging and togetherness that we simply do not see anymore at Tynie. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Standing in the Shed, in a crowd of 29k watching us stuff rangers 3-0 in the league and 3-2 in the Cup holds memories that I treasure as a Hearts fan. More so than sitting watching us beat celtic 4-0, I can tell you. 

A proper sense of belonging and togetherness that we simply do not see anymore at Tynie. 

Think that's just an age thing, you always remember your youth fondly. You can't honestly say your 80s memories beat 98 or 2012?? And one of my fondest memories is the poznan from last year. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If you were a white male who liked acting like a complete degenerate.

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Think that's just an age thing, you always remember your youth fondly. You can't honestly say your 80s memories beat 98 or 2012?? And one of my fondest memories is the poznan from last year. 

I appreciate it was my youth and of course Cup wins are special in a different way. 

Winning the cup cup is a different kind of pride from standing in the Dunbar End when Foster scored. Or even just standing in the pissing rain at East End Park it Fir Park with your mates. 

I appreciate it was my youth and of course Cup wins are special in a different way. 

Winning the cup cup is a different kind of pride from standing in the Dunbar End when Foster scored. Or even just standing in the pissing rain at East End Park it Fir Park with your mates. 

I agree, but again that's because you, and i, were young then (me more 70s than 80s☺)

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I apologise for being a white male. 

Now away and read your Guardian. 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

I agree, but again that's because you, and i, were young then (me more 70s than 80s☺)

Yeah, it seemed easier then. I somehow had more money too !

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Tell me about how great the 80s were for watching football in Britain for black people for instance. The era when fans threw bananas at black players, made monkey noises and regularly spat a tirade of racist slurs. Aye, great. Forgive me if I don't get all misty eyed.

Hackney Hearts
30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is this not just all about being able to stand at football?

There were people who had different outlooks and agendas back in the 80s, but we could all move about and stand with those who shared our own ideas on what being a supporter was about - so we assumed a greater sense of 'belonging and togetherness'. (I guess that's partly what this Singing Section is trying to recreate)

Oh and there was no social media in those days to accentuate the divisions... 

On 23/08/2018 at 13:00, Captain America said:

"Kyle walked away when the Rangers died do, da, do, da" for when they vist in December.

“Walking away,

is the Lafferty way”

gorgie rd eh11
32 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Tell me about how great the 80s were for watching football in Britain for black people for instance. The era when fans threw bananas at black players, made monkey noises and regularly spat a tirade of racist slurs. Aye, great. Forgive me if I don't get all misty eyed.

:vrface:

Nobody is asking you to get all "misty eyed". I'm a white male and loved going to the football in the eighties and it had nothing to do with bananas or racist slurs.

been here before
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Just when you think this thread cant get any more stupid...

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

:lol:

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Just when you think this thread cant get any more stupid...

You turn up

44 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Is this not just all about being able to stand at football?

There were people who had different outlooks and agendas back in the 80s, but we could all move about and stand with those who shared our own ideas on what being a supporter was about - so we assumed a greater sense of 'belonging and togetherness'. (I guess that's partly what this Singing Section is trying to recreate)

Oh and there was no social media in those days to accentuate the divisions... 

To be honest, I’m not sure my legs could cope with a full season of standing!

But what terracing did was allow people to congregate with like-minded people. So the idiots can go to the Shed, or you can stand behind the goal with your old man if you want to be sensible and watch the game (but sing along if you feel like it)

I dunno, seats just make it so static now. 

Oh, and mobile phones should be banned!

27 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

:vrface:

Nobody is asking you to get all "misty eyed". I'm a white male and loved going to the football in the eighties and it had nothing to do with bananas or racist slurs.

Looking back, some of th stuff was ridiculous but that’s more a cringe at the sectarian songs we sang. 

I just remember the noise, the constant buzz of people talking and shouting and feeling like it was one huge gang. 

But i I get that it may have looked a bit different from the outside. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Looking back, some of th stuff was ridiculous but that’s more a cringe at the sectarian songs we sang. 

I just remember the noise, the constant buzz of people talking and shouting and feeling like it was one huge gang. 

But i I get that it may have looked a bit different from the outside. 

All seated stadia put a stop to a  lot of stuff, good and bad. 

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

OK, Mr Mitty, you do that. 

Walter thing to call him :) 

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Agreed. 

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Bang on Aussie :thumbsup:

Bridge of Djoum

Where is the wee guy, the mouthpiece, for the group? He seems to have disappeared. I thought he spoke well and tried to keep the heid when folk were having a pop at him.

I really think we should let them sing what they want, let them deal with 'infiltrators'' who want to throw pyro's and chant about the Vatican. Only then will we find out what is acceptable and what the club will tolerate. 

Fill your boots, lads. I really hope you do well.

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

OK, Mr Mitty, you do that. 

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Walter thing to call him :) 

?? FFS 

• davemclaren locked this topic