• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

the jambo poet

the whole of the Gorgie should be a goer. Can't see them allowing it in the new stand as people will be standing whilst they chant. unless they head to section F or something which would allow G and F to be party central.

35 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Any ideas ?? ???

I would not call it anything tbh.

Get it known that an area of the ground will be where atmosphere will be generated from (I say Gorgie Stand would be ideal) but don't give it a name.

That is just my opinion.

Nothing sectarian and no mention of flutes, Ulster or the IRA would be an absolute minimum requirement. 

Please god!! 

44 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Unlike the attempted last 2 singing sections by groups at Tynecastle, we will by working very closely to the club to assure there will be no problems and the club will be backing what we propose

Glad to hear it mate - genuinely hope it works out but the manufactured sections always seem to fail

Atmosphere is breeded by what happens on the park

If we are 3-0 down to st Johnston at home then no singing section is going to salvage the atmosphere 

12 minutes ago, the jambo poet said:

the whole of the Gorgie should be a goer. Can't see them allowing it in the new stand as people will be standing whilst they chant. unless they head to section F or something which would allow G and F to be party central.

I would go as far as having the Gorgie Stand as a free for all regards to where you sit/stand.

Allocate the 3500+ to season tickets but you are not allocated the same seat every game, just go in find a space with yer mates like the old days.(I appreciate H&S may scupper this).

Also make it known no sectarian/racist chants/behaviour will be tolerated.

Edited by Gambo

100% up for this. I don't attend many matches as I live in Ireland but we must keep up with our rivals. Most teams now have a singing section/ultras, whatever you want to call them. Section G or N I would choose. But also how amazing would it be to have the whole Gorgie stand singing and bouncing for 90 mins. All depends on numbers though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Traditional, without sectarian of course, and a singing section not a DRUMMING section,

respectfully please :)

And good luck

I remember being up back of G during the 4-1 Rangers game and it was bloody spectacular (nobody sat that night). If this new section leads to the possibility of having more of that, I give you my 100%support on this. Good luck! 

16 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Nothing sectarian and no mention of flutes, Ulster or the IRA would be an absolute minimum requirement. 

Please god!! 

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Traditional, without sectarian of course, and a singing section not a DRUMMING section,

respectfully please :)

And good luck

The thing is though that say there is 300 of us very minimum, you would struggle to hear the drum unless you are standing very near it and the purpose of the drum is to keep the songs in time and on beat. The more people that join in the section, the less you will hear a drum as vocals will overpower it. We also have a very sensible drummer so will not just be banging it constantly and pointlessly like the Motherwell one for example ???

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Shut down within 2 games for singing about fenians and the pope. NAP.

Good to see some positivity mate ??

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

Hello there everyone, we are HMFCSSO. Some of you might have seen or heard about us on twitter. We are attending a meeting on Wednesday which is regarding an official singing section being added to Tynecastle next season. We would like there to be a designated area of the ground where anyone that wants to sing and create an atmosphere for the whole game doesn't feel out of place. We have had an amazing amount of people telling us they would join the section next season. Obviously the club will get the final say but we are still not sure where the best area of the ground for this would be. Our aim is to give Tynecastle a rocking atmosphere for games big and small next season. We would be more than happy to answer any questions or ideas anyone has.

IMG_3461.JPG

Great idea. All the very best of luck with this. Hope it doesn’t get sabotaged by bigoted and racist jakeballs as previous efforts were. Hope it’s a success. ?

Unlike the attempted last 2 singing sections by groups at Tynecastle, we will by working very closely to the club to assure there will be no problems and the club will be backing what we propose

Good luck to you, hope you can get, and keep, this going.

1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

Good to see some positivity mate ??

I hope I'm wrong. However I suspect that no matter how good your intentions are, a certain element will join the section, won't be able to help themselves and will end up ruining it for everyone.

4 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

The thing is though that say there is 300 of us very minimum, you would struggle to hear the drum unless you are standing very near it and the purpose of the drum is to keep the songs in time and on beat. The more people that join in the section, the less you will hear a drum as vocals will overpower it. We also have a very sensible drummer so will not just be banging it constantly and pointlessly like the Motherwell one for example ???

If your the head of it mate you need to enforce the rules properly and strictly, it is your responsibility that nobody is singing any sectarian bile. 

Great idea. Not for me personally to sit in but would contribute to any flags etc so keep us updated ?

good luck and FTH

Just now, Ray Gin said:

I hope I'm wrong. However I suspect that no matter how good your intentions are, a certain element will join the section, won't be able to help themselves and will end up ruining it for everyone.

Trying to stay positive, but sadly I predict this is the way it will go. It will be a shame if it does though, because we could really do with having everyone who wants to sing all in the same place.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck to the OP.

The approach you seem to be taking indicates that you might be able to make more of a go of this than previous iterations.

I hope it works out as I think we do need to add something to the atmosphere at the run of the mill league matches. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Sounds a bit contrived. Who starts the songs? Do you have a set list for example? I'm all up for improving atmosphere, I'm playing devils advocate however:) .

We are quite a traditional club, would be good if young and old could come together to get it spot on.

Hello there everyone, we are HMFCSSO. Some of you might have seen or heard about us on twitter. We are attending a meeting on Wednesday which is regarding an official singing section being added to Tynecastle next season. We would like there to be a designated area of the ground where anyone that wants to sing and create an atmosphere for the whole game doesn't feel out of place. We have had an amazing amount of people telling us they would join the section next season. Obviously the club will get the final say but we are still not sure where the best area of the ground for this would be. Our aim is to give Tynecastle a rocking atmosphere for games big and small next season. We would be more than happy to answer any questions or ideas anyone has.

IMG_3461.JPG

Good luck. A great idea. As others have said , keep away from any sectarian shite and go for it. Someone needs to organise this sort of stuff so fair play to you. Get tynie rocking and I’m sure most will love it

IMG_3461.JPG

Just had a closer look at the picture there. Do you honestly see the club going for this when you have a guy holding a flare or a smoke canister on your branding? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sounds a bit contrived. Who starts the songs? Do you have a set list for example? I'm all up for improving atmosphere, I'm playing devils advocate however:) .

We are quite a traditional club, would be good if young and old could come together to get it spot on.

That is what we were hoping happens, we would like to get the message out that we would like Hearts fans of ALL ages involved as long as they sing (non sectarian songs) 

Good luck.

I would have thought that getting it started this season would be to your advantage though. I'm sure there's enough space for a decent sized group to get together in the Roseburn. Give it a go, behave and then prove to the hierarchy you can be trusted to make a go of it.

Gilles Rousset is in our goal, Lockie wears the captains band,

Neil Pointon Shagged Dahi Bear, Weir's the best man in the land,

Salvatori runs the show, Ritchie never lets them go,

McCann is bearing down on goal, and Fulton's Baggio-o-o-o

Stephane Adams number nine, Camerons play is always fine,

Thomas Flogel's Austrian, Hammy scores goals all the time,

Robertsons the ace of Hearts, Jose's tearing them apart,

McManus never gets a start, And Fulton's Baggio-o-o-o

Tynecastlesmychurch

Would love for their to be a permanent singing section at Tynecastle. Just ditch the hullo hullo pish and everyone will be happy. 

Well we are Hearts fans so obviously everyone will never be completely happy.

Best of luck to yous, as long as you stay away from the s***e that got the last lot booted out you should have no problem getting the support

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Just had a closer look at the picture there. Do you honestly see the club going for this when you have a guy holding a flare or a smoke canister on your branding? :lol:

It is Maroon candy floss surely?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

It is Maroon candy floss surely?

Hopefully Mrs Budge can be convinced of that. Otherwise I honestly don’t think it’s something they should be using in their presentation. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Hopefully Mrs Budge can be convinced of that. Otherwise I honestly don’t think it’s something they should be using in their presentation. :lol:

He is even dressed like an 'Ultra'

:gok:

Defo Burberry.

fabienleclerq

Good luck. Section N or G the obvious choices however to get 300 seats together in those sections means moving others...

I'd be keen to know answers to these questions if poss....

Have you thought about self-policing at all and how you plan to deal with any elements who don't stick to the no dodgy songs strategy? 

Do you plan to attend away games as a group too? 

If you can get this right, I think you'd have a huge amount of support. If the club gives you a shot at it and it goes wrong, they probably won't look at doing it again for a long long time, and it might even impact on appetite for considering things like safe standing. Worth bearing in mind. You sound like you have genuinely good intentions, so all the very best to you. :) 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He is even dressed like an 'Ultra'

:gok:

Defo Burberry.

Cant see her having too many issues with that, or the silly hood with the goggles etc, casual fashion is quite popular again amongst a certain demographic, but seriously... sticking a flare on the branding before meeting the club to ask permission? Just a really bad decision. :lol:

Anyway, as I said. I hope it’s a success. Genuinely hope it gets the go ahead and that it is kept free of the sectarian and racist shite etc. Tynecastle could be a much better atmosphere if it works.

No flares.

No Drum.

No sectarian stuff.

If you do any of that the plug will be pulled very quickly.

Apart form that, good luck, we have plenty songs to sing that doesn't involve anybodies blood or religion.

If there is to be a drum then the club can expect a good few objections. If you need a drum to keep time with a Hearts song then I suggest maybe your not the right guys for the singing section.

Edited by primrose

IMG_3461.JPG

Who are you meeting with at the club?

I'd shorten the name from "Heart of Midlothian football club Singing section official",  to something a little more catchy.

good luck anyway.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

I'd shorten the name from "Heart of Midlothian football club Singing section official",  to something a little more catchy.

good luck anyway.

Yep.

The Gorgie Noize or summat.

"Hello, hello, we are the Gorgie Noize..."

Too much?

Here’s the issue, if a few guys start singing illicit songs, what do the posters really expect the leaders of the section to do? Set about them physically? Or point them out to the police (I can imagine a section of mostly like-minded young guys will be delighted to do that)? 

If if they make a statement to say they are against it that should be enough, it’s scandalous to tar everyone with the same brush due to a few individuals’ poor behaviour. The police can take action if really need be, without the ‘holier-than-thou’ brigade firing out another sweeping generalisation about all people who want to sing at Tynecastle.

Teenagers are going to act like arses, sorry if that rustles your jimmies. I did, and I bet everyone else did too.

Some of the comments in this thread are already so backward it’s not true.

Edited by maroonexile

Need to use the upper sections as they create the best atmosphere and don't obstruct the views of disabled fans on the concourse.

They'll want the main stand to be a bit more sanitised so I suspect Upper G, or the Gorgie Stand would be your best bets.

Ideally they could do the Gorgie and give the singing section a deal for the Gorgie Suite, for pre-match drinks. Get them tanked up :)

The Gorgie would also mean big banners / flags / card displays would look great on TV & would be clearly visible to the away fans being noised up.

Oh and like many more - avoid sectarian guff etc. Let's not get it binned before it's gathered momentum.

Edited by el_jambo74

Lots of us joined the 500 club to help build the gorgie stand and are very happy there and have no intention of moving and time soon . unless hearts decant me to premier seats in the new main stand for the same season ticket price,  cause I won't be moving for a seat in some part of the wheatfield that nobody else wants

8 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Here’s the issue, if a few guys start singing illicit songs, what do the posters really expect the leaders of the section to do? Set about them physically? Or point them out to the police (I can imagine a section of mostly like-minded young guys will be delighted to do that)? 

If if they make a statement to say they are against it that should be enough, it’s scandalous to tar everyone with the same brush due to a few individuals’ poor behaviour. The police can take action if really need be, without the ‘holier-than-thou’ brigade firing out another sweeping generalisation about all people who want to sing at Tynecastle.

Teenagers are going to act like arses, sorry if that rustles your jimmies. I did, and I bet everyone else did too.

If I was working at Hearts and doing the due diligence on it then this would be a red flag.    

1 minute ago, primrose said:

If I was working at Hearts and doing the due diligence on it then this would be a red flag.    

What would, exactly?

12 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Nobody is tarring everyone with the same brush. We seem to be in agreement that its unavoidable that some idiots will ruin it and act like arses so not sure what you are getting at.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Nobody is tarring everyone with the same brush. We seem to be in agreement that its unavoidable that some idiots will ruin it and act like arses so not sure what you are getting at.

Our overall support needs to have more realistic expectations over how you men (and women) behave at the football.

Don’t shut the whole thing down as soon as some idiot starts singing something inappropriate, and let the appropriate authorities deal with that.

3 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

What would, exactly?

I think as a club we are already seeing it as risky, and you're saying let them get on with it, there will always be a few idiots, there nothing that we can do.

So as a club, why take the risk? 

• davemclaren locked this topic