What are you reading right now

Jambojohnnyboy

Jambojohnnyboy

A variation on an old favourite where you could cover books, news articles, web items etc.

Reading The World According to Jeremy Clarkson volume 2.

One Soldiers War in Chechnya by Arkady Babchenko. Just finished it recently and it was a good read. About a young Russian soldier fighting in Chechnya and the horrors he experienced. There's not too much out there on this topic and it was interesting to read that some of his worst experiences came from his own troops! A good, well written piece.

The Discovery of Heaven by Harry Mulisch

Set in Holland (taking in Auschwitz and Cuba along the way), it's the study of two brilliant men who meet in the '60s and discover that their fate is linked by numerous, supposedly serendipitous, events. Actually the Gods have taken a hand in an attempt to engineer the birth of a remarkable child, which the two friends manage with the aid of a woman with whom they're both involved. Bits of philosophy, religion, politics, history and architecture thrown in, and I've no idea where it's going after 500 pages. Brilliant and more than slightly barmy.

Before the Frost....Henning Mankell.

First time i have read a book by this author.Enjoying it so far.I also read his books are being made into a tv series.

Ian Rankin's Exit Music, one of his best i think, getting confused with all the Russian's but he has characterised Rebus superbly.

Before that was reading Contact Zero by David Wolstencroft who i think could be a fellow Jambo. Only his second novel but like his first it was superb.

Cappuccino Kid

Foul! The secret world of FIFA: Bribes, vote rigging and ticket scandals by Andrew Jennings.

If anyone ever claims football is not corrupt they should be pointed in the direction of this book.

I've just finished reading Dies the Fire by S. M Stirling.

A very good read about how we would survive if technoology as we know it ceased to exist

Nobody's said Kickback yet!

I'm reading Exit Music too and about to start Ulyssess, just for my third favourite shedder!

Almost finished a book called SexGod which was very very good.

Nelly Terraces

'Social Differences and Divisions' by Peter Braham and Linda Janes.

It's for my sociology degree.

Heavy stuff.

Signs of the Spirit

An Interpretation of Jonathan Edwards, "The Religious Affections"

and

Empire Rising

A novel set in New York in 1930 centred round the construction of the Empire State Building and the Gang Wars

vladtheexhaler

Non-Fiction by Chuck Palahniuk

and

Nobody loves a Ginger Baby by Laura Marney.

Read the short stories on the toilet and the novel in the bath!

Just finishing the Motley Crue bio' - Dirt and have Nikki Sixx's The heroin Diaries waiting for me.....

Dirts a great read :)

Havent read Nikki Sixx's book yet though

Dirts a great read :)

Havent read Nikki Sixx's book yet though

I've been really suprisied how much ive enjoyed Dirt...shockingly honest..can put it down, I would imagine that the Herion Diaries will be much in the same vein....#ahem#;)

I've been really suprisied how much ive enjoyed Dirt...shockingly honest..can put it down, I would imagine that the Herion Diaries will be much in the same vein....#ahem#;)

:D

think Tommy Lee's got a couple of books out, not overly bothered about reading them coz i dont think he comes over very well in dirt....lets just say im not convinced about his version of events when he gets arrested over beating his wife....

Have just finished Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Very good.

And have started David Webster's book Parachute Infantry - memoir by one of the Band of Brothers. Thanks to whoever it was that recommended it on the Band of Brothers old thread. Very good so far.

Foul! The secret world of FIFA: Bribes, vote rigging and ticket scandals by Andrew Jennings.

If anyone ever claims football is not corrupt they should be pointed in the direction of this book.

you should also read "how they stole the game" by David Yallop which pretty much covers the same ground.

Now that my hand s are working agian I am reading the latest Brookmyre and the Reavers by George Macdonald Fraser who sadly passed on this year

Archived