Lafferty targeted by Sunderland

Kendoll

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paris 84 said:

I'll no worry about what you think though. 

Brand new then. Look forward to hearing who you recommend taking his place in due course that’s better and affordable and as committed to the cause ?

Never understood the mentality of people who keep things from fellow supporters, if you can divulge please do if you can’t don’t mention it in the first place 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Saying you’ll drive him to the airport ? What’s that meant to say like ? 

Fud

It says I’ll drive him to Sunderland but the airport, don’t see airport mentioned anywhere?????

what a zoomer you are!!!?

Tynecastlesmychurch

Sunderland! :laugh: what a shite club! 

Even if this was true Lafferty would never go to that disaster zone. And they couldn't afford to take him from us. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
On 08/01/2018 at 08:31, Barack said:

Right. I’ll stick myself in the firing-line. Those on here know I like a laugh, & i’m quick to shoot down certain “itk” fantasy that comes along.

I’m assuming most on here know by now where my allegiances lie? And certainly not to the vermin.

I’ll confirm I’ve been told the exact same thing that all is not well in respect to Lafferty. And there seems to be substance to the rumour, as I’ve had it PM’d to me by a couple of folk on here, (will not name them for obvious reasons) whose veracity i’d hesitate to question about this.

Others, I’m assuming, will have also had PM’s. There are issues, & it could possibly happen. However, as  I have said to the individuals, I’m hoping what’s caused it, whatever it is...is not irreparable. It’s clear he loves playing for us, and we appreciate him. I know I certainly do, & would be gutted if he left.

Now, if he did...then that puts enormous pressure on Levein & Hearts, to make marquee signings to replace JW, & possibly Isma & possibly Lafferty. All before the Derby? Difficult. If not impossible.

Fwiw, I believe any issues will be sorted out. But, I’m also of the belief, there is more to it than bullshit from low-post counters.

Finally, believe me or not, I’m genuinely fine either way. Just thought maybe a poster who you know, & i’d imagine most know when I’m taking the piss(fair amount of time) & when I’m being genuinely serious, should chip in his 2p’s worth. 

I believe he’ll stay, so i’m not panicking quite yet. 

Doesn't give away anything Notts hasn't already said 

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

It says I’ll drive him to Sunderland but the airport, don’t see airport mentioned anywhere?????

what a zoomer you are!!!?

Airport / Sunderland ok same thing. Point stands. What’s that meant to say then ? 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Airport / Sunderland ok same thing. Point stands. What’s that meant to say then ? 

He’s replaceable end off.

9 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

If we are talking about signing former players, I'd rather we bought Zeefuik. He knows how to score. We have the players to get the ball to him now.

This 

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Why ? Calling a so called presenter for what he is ? Or rather standing up for himself ?

anything other than that or have I missed something important or controversial?

way I see it is that he’s the type we’ve needed. Or do we go back to the likes of the Greek pussies ?

lafferty is vital to our team as far as I’m concerned 

As a professional you don't call someone a bellend on social media. End of.

Common sense

EDIT: a pro that kids look up to and idolise should I say

Thought Police
2 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

Doesn't give away anything Notts hasn't already said 

Indeed. Just as cryptic.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

I think 1971fozzy is going to cry over this news!!

grow a pair Ffs!! It’s football, players come and go

Not going to cry and I’m well

aware players come and go , just wondering why some are seemingly happy if it’s the case. Finally getting a team that’s going places

1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This 

Where have you been weve had search parties out worried about your lack of posts.....

tho on that i dont think Zeeeeeeeeis the answer nor Sow....

scott herbertson

aware players come and go , just wondering why some are seemingly happy if it’s the case. Finally getting a team that’s going places

Hopefully he'll be replaced, but we shouldn't forget we have beaten Hibs and a fine away win at Hamilton without him.

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I know nothing about his financial situation. The same as you know nothing about his financial situation.

I do though know what is behind this story that has been under the surface for weeks.

Ive given you a big clue further up the thread.

Agreed. I was speculating however and you said "couldn't be more wrong" when in fact you have no idea if I'm wrong about his finances or otherwise!  I accept that may have absolutely nothing to do with him potentially leaving Hearts or otherwise but I have no doubt if he were to leave for the likes of Sunderland he would make himself substantially more money than remaining at Hearts.

Who said happy???????????

im just not losing my shit over it and thinking the team will fall apart if lafferty leaves!!

if he goes he goes Ffs hearts are bigger than any player.

Aye ok to those telling me to grow a set etc. If he goes he’s replaceable etc.  Hope so given we have what  around 6 days left of the window left ? 

Thought Police

Why does Sow keep coming up? He’s hardly been banging them in for MK dons and I think we could find better.

If he is sold I really hope Craig Levein has someone far more imaginative than Osman Sow lined up with the proceeds. He's done jack shit since leaving us and is constantly injured. He's also, like Isma, a footballing nomad who at 27 has already had 9 clubs. Lets move on from him and look elsewhere. 

Just now, Hendricks said:

Agreed. I was speculating however and you said "couldn't be more wrong" when in fact you have no idea if I'm wrong about his finances or otherwise!  I accept that may have absolutely nothing to do with him potentially leaving Hearts or otherwise but I have no doubt if he were to leave for the likes of Sunderland he would make himself substantially more money than remaining at Hearts.

Just trust me ffs.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

Why does Sow keep coming up? He’s hardly been banging them in for MK dons and I think we could find better.

I think Sow is an excellent player, certainly was for us.

Pace and skill, Sometimes a player suits a club. I would love to see him back.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
10 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

So does he want to leave or not?

No. 

He won't be asking to go. However, if Hearts are willing to accept their offer then he will obviously discuss things with them. 

He loves playing here and is now back close to family, don't underestimate how much that means. 

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Because if you read the reasons for him maybe leaving , it works in with what those supporters tend to feel he lacks in his game. Its nothing to do with not liking him or appreciating what he’s done however if you compare the likes of Naismith , Berra and Cowie to Laff there is one fundamental difference

This must be the reason he is going....

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini said he’s selling Kyle Lafferty to Norwich because “he’s an out-of-control womaniser.”

Northern Ireland international Lafferty was instrumental in Palermo’s promotion campaign from Serie B this season, but is on the verge of a move to Norwich.

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach Beppe Iachini,” President Zamparini told Radio 24.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Because if you read the reasons for him maybe leaving , it works in with what those supporters tend to feel he lacks in his game. Its nothing to do with not liking him or appreciating what he’s done however if you compare the likes of Naismith , Berra and Cowie to Laff there is one fundamental difference

Professionalism?

jamboinglasgow

I worry that we are trying to get rid of almost all our strikers with little time to replace them. I do hope we have targets (including back up targets) all lined up.

here is the key page

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Proven goal scorer with us ?

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I worry that we are trying to get rid of almost all our strikers with little time to replace them. I do hope we have targets (including back up targets) all lined up.

here is the key page

Can always recall The fish if he goes

Thought Police
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Proven goal scorer with us ?

So is Isma and folk are holding the door for him.

...a bit disco

I was reasonably happy with the business we were doing until this, if true.

Having to bring in replacements for 3 strikers is baffling to say the least.

Unless Levein is going all 4-6-0 on us.

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Professionalism?

Getting warmer.

The guts of this has been quoted further up the thread. IMO the Record/Sunderland story is his agent putting him out there........maybe we knew the story was coming.

It should have been ten
Just now, Thought Police said:

So is Isma and folk are holding the door for him.

He's nowhere near the player Sow was for us though.

10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Who said happy???????????

im just not losing my shit over it and thinking the team will fall apart if lafferty leaves!!

if he goes he goes Ffs hearts are bigger than any player.

Fair enough, I apologise if I was out of order to your or anyone else but I just think it’s madness. Of course if the player wants to go that’s different but I think it best I leave this particular thread 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'd take anything north of £500k. It's a weird one with Lafferty. He's been good and he seems to have taken to Hearts but I can't ever shake it out of my head how I know if I ever met him I'd think he was complete bellend. ?

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Getting warmer.

The guts of this has been quoted further up the thread. IMO the Record/Sunderland story is his agent putting him out there........maybe we knew the story was coming.

Cheers. You may have noticed its actually something I've called into question numerous times about Lafferty over a period of months so this surprises me little. Craig Levein (and indeed Ann Budge) in my view have backed Kyle Lafferty big time, at least publicly but given that the other experienced heads we have been bringing in are free of baggage it stands to reason they don't want any perceived bad eggs in the dressing room. Particularly as we are throwing teenagers into the first team environment (with success) left, right and centre. If they can make some decent coin from Lafferty I'm sure they feel his reasonable not stunning contribution can be surpassed by others Levein can target. Just my take on it.

15 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Some of our supporters seem to have a unique obsession about resigning former players. 

Has someone mentioned Zeefuik yet? 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Some of our supporters seem to have a unique obsession about resigning former players. 

Yes. Already mentioned. ?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agreed, our support seems incapable of wanting anyone not connected with the club in some capacity. 

If we get £300k or more for Isma and anywhere near £1m for Lafferty it would be incredibly good business. 

No idea what is going on behind the scenes but I trust our manager/director of football knows what he is doing. He is quietly moving out players he doesn't want and bringing in quality players with the right attitude and building a proper team.

I won't be too upset to see Lafferty go as I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is.

My only concern is whether Naismith will be less likely to hang around if Lafferty goes. It will be strange if they never actually play for Hearts together. 

Archived