• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Sharpie

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Internet

The previous one was... the day before, in Texas.

But they can't give up their guns in case the government decides to send the army out to kill everyone in sight, so I guess this is a lesser evil.

:rolleyes:

my cousins school in San Bernardino was shot at last week. So commonplace it didn't even make the news in California, just the local news. 

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

11 (ELEVEN) school (SCHOOL) shootings so far in 2018.

But this is not the time to talk about gun control. 

Exactly this 100%.

On 24/01/2018 at 08:30, Mauricio Pinilla said:

11 (ELEVEN) school (SCHOOL) shootings so far in 2018.

But this is not the time to talk about gun control. 

It's more realistically 4.

Kentucky forgotten about long ago, it's all about the Fayette County five now (for a few hours).

luckyBatistuta

Wtaf is wrong with them?

So rather than try and stop these horrific incidents happen in the first place, they come up with this to help the teachers fight back...hmm, I think your missing the real problem here :uhoh2:

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2018 at 23:02, luckyBatistuta said:

Wtaf is wrong with them?

So rather than try and stop these horrific incidents happen in the first place, they come up with this to help the teachers fight back...hmm, I think your missing the real problem here :uhoh2:

Come on, who wouldn't want a shot at that :lol: ?

Active shooter situation at a Florida high school, allegedly (don't take it as definite) 20 people injured. Apparently it's still ongoing, and the police have a tank.

(Source: CBS).

Edited by peter_hmfc

Oh, but it's all ok - the thoughts and the prayers of the White House, the lawmakers and a host of other people in positions of power will be with those affected by the tragedy.

That's all that counts, not positive change to take guns out of the hands of schoolchildren.

Allegedly 3 dead and 50+ injured, source is the Daily Mail USA so don't take that as certain.

On another note, I didn't know there was a Daily Mail USA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5392559/Multiple-victims-Florida-school-shooting.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

What's striking is the part: "heavily armed gunman wearing a gas mask opened fire at 2pm". It sounds a bit like Devin Kelley at Sutherland Springs, though of course motive-wise it could be anywhere from Adam Lanza to Omar Mateen.

Been watching the coverage for quite a while, no actual figures of victims, estimates of over twenty not quite factual as yet, the figure comes from a hospital that the incident is a MVI which involves at least twenty victims. MVI, is Multi Victim Incident.  Shooter is still at large, suspected that he or someone else set off a fire alarm, as the students ran from the school in response to the fire alarm the shooter who was outside opened fire on them . Shooter was still at large.  Film did show numerous people be treated by medical attendees and taken to ambulances, a large triage sheet is laid out to attend to any future injured, school still being evacuated according to live pictures.

Certain members will be along soon to tell us this is all a hoax too.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Melania’s on the ball with the thoughts & prayers. Got that covered.

Shooter in custody.

FL Gov Scott (a supreme *******) too.

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

this is the 18th school shooting this year, this is defined as shootings in or around school grounds

To be fair, not all of them are "school shootings" as you'd expect them to be. Some of them were on school property but weren't an attack on students. One of the 18 is someone who fired two shots into an empty classroom.

5 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Suspect identified as 19-year old former student Nicolas de Jesus Cruz.

Awaiting interview with next door neighbour “he was a quiet kid, always polite, but had recently become obsessed with guns and extreme hatred.  I didn’t see it coming...”

Trump has tweeted.

My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.

Well do something about it, it's your first priority to protect the American people, you're the President, you're the Commander-in-Chief you could take steps to end this carnage today, if you weren't in bed with the NRA that is.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Awaiting interview with next door neighbour “he was a quiet kid, always polite, but had recently become obsessed with guns and extreme hatred.  I didn’t see it coming...”

It might be a cliche but it's been the case and facts behind several of them, Adam Lanza and Seung-Hui Cho being the most notable.

Even if there was a will, it's practically impossible for the US to get rid of guns now. Let's say tomorrow they make a law, all guns are illegal get them handed in. It's the law abiding citizens that do what they're told, leaving the bad guys armed. It's a horrible situation

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Even if there was a will, it's practically impossible for the US to get rid of guns now. Let's say tomorrow they make a law, all guns are illegal get them handed in. It's the law abiding citizens that do what they're told, leaving the bad guys armed. It's a horrible situation

And one entirely of their own making.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good, strong, Latino name.

Another brick in Trump’s wall.

You going all Pink Floyd on us?

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The thing is that so many Americans seem to think it's a case of the government coming round to their house, kicking the door in and physically taking it. Surely any laws enacted would be to diminish the sale of them so there is far less in circulation and thereby drain them from society.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wonder if the NRA’s stock price rose again today.

Probably not. They soared after Sandy Hook when Obama was desperate to bringin in changes, and after San Bernadinho for similar reasons.

There was no spike after the Vegas massacre because they know Trump will never ban guns, so therefore there is no "**** you don't take my guns" or get-them-while-you-can rush. The NRA had to pretend to ban bump stocks to create that rush themselves. After Sutherland Springs and Rancho Tacoma, there was no real spike in sales.

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Figures. Cancer of an organisation.

:spoton:

Ironically now that they have the "President" in their back pocket, they'll be making a shit tonne less money. Massacres used to be an early Christmas present for the NRA, especially Sandy Hook which was December 14th.

The Future's Maroon

Just seen this on the news in the last half hour.

Horrific, yet we all know unfortunately nothing will be done about it...yet again.

Its almost becoming a daily event in the US.

28 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

The thing is that so many Americans seem to think it's a case of the government coming round to their house, kicking the door in and physically taking it. Surely any laws enacted would be to diminish the sale of them so there is far less in circulation and thereby drain them from society.

In 2007 it was estimated that there were 300 million civilian legally owned guns that they know about in the US. 101 guns per 100 people. That's the legal ones, not even starting to think about the many many many illegal weapons.

Diminishing the sale of legal guns is no solution, this problem is way bigger than that unfortunately

CNN confirm 16 dead (though it could rise). This makes it the 9th worst gun massacre in US history, pushing the Edmond Post Office "Going postal" shooting out of the top 10 (it's been there since 1986).

Columbine has long been pushed out of the top 10 since Sutherland Springs.

4 of the 10 worst mass shootings have happened in the last year and a half (or so), including Parkland, Sutherland Springs, Las Vegas and Pulse nightclub.

Edited by peter_hmfc

I have always been one who suggests that gun control does not stop the aggressor from becoming armed. But you gun controllers are indeed quite correct. It seems absolutely incredible in a Country that has lost so many innocent lives, that availability of arms is more important than a legal restriction that would control at least some amount of high powered automatic weapons in an attempt to make them less available to those who have no right, are not mentally capable or do not have the moral judgement not to kill innocents. I am totally reformed, the pictures of those kids running in fear from that school, taking cover in their classrooms just as was done when I was a child when at least the attacker was a known enemy, not a neighbour and even in some cases a fellow classmate..  It is shocking to listen to commentary hearing about the training the students get in what to do when such an incident as todays happens, and even people suggesting there should be metal detectors and processes such as at the airport in schools. Something, and something drastic has to be done, unfortunately the man in the strongest position to do something is a donkey to the NRA whip, and is a man with no morals, or empathy for others.

Edited by bobsharp

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

In 2007 it was estimated that there were 300 million civilian legally owned guns that they know about in the US. 101 guns per 100 people. That's the legal ones, not even starting to think about the many many many illegal weapons.

Diminishing the sale of legal guns is no solution, this problem is way bigger than that unfortunately

I think it was Reagan who admitted that the overall level of guns could be dropped by dimishing the availability of them. Of course the problem is far bigger, but it'd be a start.

Death toll rises to 17, making it the joint-8th worst in US history.

Random fact: Nicolas Cruz who carried out the attack is the only shooter in the top 10 to survive.

Edited by peter_hmfc

5 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

I think it was Reagan who admitted that the overall level of guns could be dropped by dimishing the availability of them. Of course the problem is far bigger, but it'd be a start.

It would achieve next to nothing, but it's a moot point anyway 

Just now, Smithee said:

It would achieve next to nothing, but it's a moot point anyway 

Making something significantly less available would decrease the amount of those in circulation and in public hands.

At least 17 dead confirmed so far.

This is the 8th shooting in a school this year. 

The year is 7 weeks old.

Edited by Cade

It is without a doubt an endemic health problem for the US .

And the rest of the world should act.

Quarantine would perhaps shake the country up as they have exported it .

And what's more they exported it daily under a so called progressive regime under Obama.

luckyBatistuta

They really are brainwashed, every American you discuss this with who thinks they should be allowed the right to defend themselves, goes nuts when you try and say anything otherwise. Even if their first step was to allow handguns only to be legal, it would be a start. Folk walking in to Walmart’s carrying Assault rifles ffs, they’re off their head. As much as there is never going to be a complete ban overnight, anything would be a start. Who the hell do they think they need to defend themselves against with multiple Assualt rifles. It’s yet another sad day in a long list and will just carry on and on, whilst folk fill their pockets with money at the expense of children’s lives....horrible, just horrible. We can only hope and pray that somebody in a position of power is able and willing to stand up and end this utter madness. Just wish they would ban them completely, folk will go nuts to start with, but eventually toe the line.

I just can’t get my head around anyone thinking this is acceptable behaviour...

85EF132B-8B59-4929-8C47-CA209006C5DB.jpeg

4F246DF8-763B-421A-8DA6-A8F2A09CA6B9.jpeg

0B9356C1-4EF9-4F6A-A841-5CE3DFA122F3.jpeg

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They really are brainwashed, every American you discuss this with who thinks they should be allowed the right to defend themselves, goes nuts when you try and say anything otherwise. Even if their first step was to allow handguns only to be legal, it would be a start. Folk walking in to Walmart’s carrying Assault rifles ffs, they’re off their head. As much as there is never going to be a complete ban overnight, anything would be a start. Who the hell do they think they need to defend themselves against with multiple Assualt rifles. It’s yet another sad day in a long list and will just carry on and on, whilst folk fill their pockets with money at the expense of children’s lives....horrible, just horrible. We can only hope and pray that somebody in a position of power is able and willing to stand up and end this utter madness.

I just can’t get my head around anyone thinking this is acceptable behaviour...

85EF132B-8B59-4929-8C47-CA209006C5DB.jpeg

4F246DF8-763B-421A-8DA6-A8F2A09CA6B9.jpeg

0B9356C1-4EF9-4F6A-A841-5CE3DFA122F3.jpeg

They have the brass neck to declare other nations as violent.

Yet they spend more than every nation combined by at least double on government military.

And we stupidly get sucked into presidents style where little or no difference in policy is to be seen.

I for one hold the reasonable Americans as responsible.

If you take the amount of death and injury caused by this obsession with violence the Americans have it can be legimately called a virus.

Yet here we are discussing in the world media the bad Russians.

Up is down and down is up.

In response to the above (luckyBatistuta), I actually wonder what their reaction would be if you walked through those places openly carrying a knife.

It's my prediction that under Trumps presidency there will be a mass-shooting so bad it will that nothing will compare to it for a long time. Parkland isn't it, Vegas might have been, but I think Vegas will be beaten significantly under Trumps time. Nothing will be done, and it will end the gun debate for decades.

Edited by peter_hmfc

luckyBatistuta

This is also part of the problem with cops shooting innocent people in the US (yes there are racist cops before anyone brings that up) If you had to go to work every day in an environment with so many people carrying guns, then yes, sometimes they will react and an innocent person may be shot, but if you think they have a gun and your under that pressure every day, are you going to wait until they shoot first. I wouldn’t do that job for any amount of money, no wonder the odd one panics if they think their life is in danger. 

I have zero optimism that this will change anything. In any country with functional politics Sandy Hook would have been the end of it. Instead we get *18* school shootings in six weeks in 2018 and the only thing the GOP will do is give "thoughts and prayers."

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

I have zero optimism that this will change anything. In any country with functional politics Sandy Hook would have been the end of it. Instead we get *18* school shootings in six weeks in 2018 and the only thing the GOP will do is give "thoughts and prayers."

Same bud, can’t see it ever changing in our lifetime, if no lesson was learned at Sandy Hook.

197C6B8C-0373-47AB-924D-94D22300CB82.jpeg

You can't perform a school shooting without a gun. 

Time and time again this happens and the American politicians shift uncomfortably  murmuring about it being 'too soon'. If Sandy Hook wasn't the breaking point then it will never come.

'Leaders of the free world' lmfao barely a developed society.

The latest count is 17 dead, 5 more with life-threatening wounds.

There is nothing to be said that hasn't been said many times before.  Gun violence is a disease in the USA, and no-one is interested in curing it.  Politicians think that all they need to do is offer their TAPs then move back to their petty, self-serving squabbling.  This incident, like all the others before it, will be out of the news in a few days.

It's an ongoing tragedy that plays out on a daily basis in the schools, night clubs, churches, and streets of America.  On an average day, 85 Americans die from gun violence, and nobody cares enough to do anything about it.

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

This is also part of the problem with cops shooting innocent people in the US (yes there are racist cops before anyone brings that up) If you had to go to work every day in an environment with so many people carrying guns, then yes, sometimes they will react and an innocent person may be shot, but if you think they have a gun and your under that pressure every day, are you going to wait until they shoot first. I wouldn’t do that job for any amount of money, no wonder the odd one panics if they think their life is in danger. 

Been saying this for a while. Yes there are scummy cops who just want an excuse to fire their shiny gun but in a lot of cases I feel bad for them for the reasons you said.

Americans (and I'd say this is a majority) seem to treat having to hand their guns back like a punishment, that the 'good, honest gun owners' are being unfairly treated by having to give up their weapons. Until they move away from that line of thinking, nothing will happen.