Sweet Caroline

Fandango

GorgieRulesApply
1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

No it isn't. They're an embarassment to the club and most of us find it cringey. They will be putting others off following the club for sure. Tossers of the highest order.

doesn't make them any less a Hearts fan that you pal

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

A person who truly cared about the club wouldn't sing irrelevant non football related crap  that very likely puts others off becoming Jambos too and so denying the club they profess to love potential revenue.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

If they are the cause of the club facing sanctions then are less of a fan.

GorgieRulesApply
9 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

A person who truly cared about the club wouldn't sing irrelevant non football related crap  that very likely puts others off becoming Jambos too and so denying the club they profess to love potential revenue.

near enough the whole ground belting out hello hello against celtic and hibs so do they not care about the club?

GorgieRulesApply
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If they are the cause of the club facing sanctions then are less of a fan.

what a daft statement that is to make, how would that mean someone is less of a fan. you're clutching at straws here

We can argue about this till the cows come home but until the club acts upon it by enforcing a well organised singing section its not going to stop, 

13 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Yes but that's basically the point I'm making. The songs that are sung all have non offensive versions whuch create the exact same amount of noise and atmosphere 

My 4 year old season ticket holding son, comes home from games, and goes on his I pad (supervised)  and watches/listens to anything Hearts, PC version of "hello hello"  easily available with "we're out to beat you everytime " and "The hears fans go marching through Gorgie". 

I agree bigoted morons should be banned, but but in the mean time how about drowning out the embarrassing nonsense by singing any version that takes your fancy. Sometimes,as Scott Wilson says we just gotta make some noise. 

Who knows, we might even educate or enlighten some of our less intelligent supporters. 

25 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

No it isn't. They're an embarassment to the club and most of us find it cringey. They will be putting others off following the club for sure. Tossers of the highest order.

Should the not be the highest natural order?

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

what a daft statement that is to make, how would that mean someone is less of a fan. you're clutching at straws here

I use the Septic example to make the point. The twats in the Green Brigade are so up themselves that they don't care how often the club get fined for their sectarian behaviour. Thankfully that hasn't happened to us - yet.

GorgieRulesApply
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I use the Septic example to make the point. The twats in the Green Brigade are so up themselves that they don't care how often the club get fined for their sectarian behaviour. Thankfully that hasn't happened to us - yet.

have they been fined for the songs they sing? I think its more the political statements/banners they create.

45 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Yeah, I can't follow that argument through to be honest. I've met people who won't take their kids because people swear for instance. There was lots of that going on all over the place on Sunday and I'm sure these people truly care about the club. It's up to Hearts or the police to take action against those whose behaviour is deemed unacceptable, but if you want to take your stance,  Tynecastle would be at best a Library but more likely half empty.

Personally I knew what my kids were likely to hear when I first took them, spoke to them about the rights and wrongs of it all and then took them. It didn't effect them in the slightest even though their mum and her family were catholics. I'm also astute enough to know that they hear a lot worse from their peers, their intelligent enough to distinguish between right and wrong and, if something was upsetting them, they would say and I wouldn't take them back. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

Im not convinced the young ones know the politics behind these songs and they just sing them for the "banter".

I'm not convinced that they care about the politics behind these song, they just want to stick two fingers up to society. Young men have form for this sort of thing.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm not convinced that they care about the politics behind these song, they just want to stick two fingers up to society. Young men have form for this sort of thing.

Very true 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

have they been fined for the songs they sing? I think its more the political statements/banners they create.

I honestly cannot recall the exact charges but I do recall ye olde Rangers being done for Hello Hello. So the principle stands.

Fact is many people are turned off the idea of coming to a Hearts match because of a misguided perception that we're some kind of Diet Rangers.

It is misguided because 95%+ of us have nothing to do with it.  Sadly the 5% are a vocal minority - even more so at away games.

I'd prefer to grow our fanbase with decent folk and purge the morons.  

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Fact is many people are turned off the idea of coming to a Hearts match because of a misguided perception that we're some kind of Diet Rangers.

It is misguided because 95%+ of us have nothing to do with it.  Sadly the 5% are a vocal minority - even more so at away games.

5% have you got proof from a survey of research, that's 700 season ticket holders you say 

4 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

5% have you got proof from a survey of research, that's 700 season ticket holders you say 

Should have clarified - its 4.76%; I rounded up.

yabadabadoo1874again
3 hours ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

how can you possibly say that someone doesn't care for hearts because they sing FTP.. laughable :laugh::laugh:

Sectarian racist bigots have other concerns which are at odds with supporting Heart of Midlothian FC...

If you are a sectarian racist bigot this may not be readily apparent to you...in a general sense

yabadabadoo1874again
28 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Absolutely...and makes solid long term financial sense... ???

GorgieRulesApply
33 minutes ago, yabadabadoo1874again said:

Sectarian racist bigots have other concerns which are at odds with supporting Heart of Midlothian FC...

If you are a sectarian racist bigot this may not be readily apparent to you...in a general sense

but we do have fans who are bigots, doesn't make them any less a fan that you though.

6 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

but we do have fans who are bigots, doesn't make them any less a fan that you though.

Yes it does... It puts them at odds with the ethos of our club, it puts the club at risk of financial penalty and it discourages new fans from attending.

8 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

Just now, David McCaig said:

Yes it does... It puts them at odds with the ethos of our club, it puts the club at risk of financial penalty and it discourages new fans from attending.

I feel like David is right here. 

If you sing sectarian songs and get caught it puts the club at risk of Fines. Surely if you love your club so much you dont want them forking out because of your bigoted behaviour. 

It also puts yourself at risk of fines and charges. 

GorgieRulesApply
2 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

I feel like David is right here. 

If you sing sectarian songs and get caught it puts the club at risk of Fines. Surely if you love your club so much you dont want them forking out because of your bigoted behaviour. 

It also puts yourself at risk of fines and charges. 

doesn't make people less of fans though. you can't possibly say because someone thinks/acts differently that they are less of a fan that someone else

1 minute ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

doesn't make people less of fans though. you can't possibly say because someone thinks/acts differently that they are less of a fan that someone else

No i cant, i can only say that as Hearts fan i wouldn't want to be part of anything that meant a fine for my club. 

How is FTP anyworse than FTH?  

Theres folk on here arguing there case that FTP is horrible and bigoted yet in the same sentence admitting to FTH? lol. 

Why dont we just stop any kind of swearing at games altogether? Some of our fans need a reality check! The same fans who moan about lack of atmosphere and probably the same ones who chanted that boring Euro song at start of season when we hadn’t won in 10 games! 

6 minutes ago, red said:

Theres folk on here arguing there case that FTP is horrible and bigoted yet in the same sentence admitting to FTH? lol. 

Why dont we just stop any kind of swearing at games altogether? Some of our fans need a reality check! The same fans who moan about lack of atmosphere and probably the same ones who chanted that boring Euro song at start of season when we hadn’t won in 10 games! 

The Pope has nothing whatsoever to do with Football whereas Hibs are our arch rivals but you know this.  It's perfectly possible to create an atmosphere without resorting to moronic cave-man esque bigotry which the majority of the support detest.

14 minutes ago, red said:

Aw come on you cant be serious. 

How is FTP worse than FTH :lol::lol::lol: 

GorgieRulesApply
43 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

No i cant, i can only say that as Hearts fan i wouldn't want to be part of anything that meant a fine for my club. 

teams don't get fined for it though, if they did celtic and rangers would be in admin

Baird, King and Michael
5 minutes ago, red said:

Are you being serious Red?

i'd have thought the difference was pretty obvious....however, to be pedantic...

The law, (Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill 2011) states;

This Bill criminalises behaviour which is violent, threatening, hateful or otherwise offensive. This can be anywhere, but applies especially at football matches where it is an offence to sing or chant sectarian songs. According to the bill it is also a criminal offence to threaten violence or make threats that are intended to incite another religion.

The jail term for a sectarian offence can be up to five years, but can be more depending on the severity of the offence. 

Types of offensive behaviour and communications include:

• expressing or inciting religious, racial or other forms of hatred.
  • threatening or offensive behaviour.
  • threats of serious harm intended to cause fear and alarm, or reckless as to whether it does.
  • implied threats (e.g. bullets or images depicting serious harm).

So it is clear that sectarian chants or songs are treated differently in law from your plain old offensive football songs.

Getting caught in the street shouting FTP would lead to a very different punishment from being caught shouting FTH.

Putting the law aside for a moment, it is unlikely that many Hearts fans are offended by a FTH chant. Nobody on this thread is arguing for a sanitised atmosphere free from swearing and it is disingenuous to argue otherwise.

However a chant including FTP is clearly illegal, clearly divisive amongst our own support and clearly could be a barrier to us attracting new supporters. 

I accept the people doing this are Hearts not Rangers fans. Too many of our support have their heads in the sand on this issue.

I accept that many of them will follow Hearts home and away, purchase merchandise, contribute to the Foundation etc.    

However they are a cancer at this club.

The supporters of almost every other team in Scotland and the UK can generate an atmosphere, often intimidating, often with humour, without resorting to sectarianism. Its time we learned to do the same.

3 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

teams don't get fined for it though, if they did celtic and rangers would be in admin

Yes but me and you know that Hearts would be made an example of. 

and because they havent been fined for it doesnt make it acceptable? 

11 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Aw come on you cant be serious. 

How is FTP worse than FTH :lol::lol::lol: 

Well how is one worse than the other?

Saying **** anyone in a public place is an offence. Rangers and Celtic do much much worse and it’s accepted and ignored. A few guys apparently say FTP (not me for the record) in delerium and folk are losing the place ! 

Get a grip and enjoy the win :) 

1 minute ago, red said:

Well how is one worse than the other? 

:vrface:

Hibs are not the figurehead of the catholic church ffs 

3 minutes ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

i'd have thought the difference was pretty obvious....however, to be pedantic...

The law, (Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill 2011) states;

This Bill criminalises behaviour which is violent, threatening, hateful or otherwise offensive. This can be anywhere, but applies especially at football matches where it is an offence to sing or chant sectarian songs. According to the bill it is also a criminal offence to threaten violence or make threats that are intended to incite another religion.

The jail term for a sectarian offence can be up to five years, but can be more depending on the severity of the offence. 

• threats of serious harm intended to cause fear and alarm, or reckless as to whether it does.

So it is clear that sectarian chants or songs are treated differently in law from your plain old offensive football songs.

Getting caught in the street shouting FTP would lead to a very different punishment from being caught shouting FTH.

Putting the law aside for a moment, it is unlikely that many Hearts fans are offended by a FTH chant. Nobody on this thread is arguing for a sanitised atmosphere free from swearing and it is disingenuous to argue otherwise.

However a chant including FTP is clearly illegal, clearly divisive amongst our own support and clearly could be a barrier to us attracting new supporters. 

I accept the people doing this are Hearts not Rangers fans. Too many of our support have their heads in the sand on this issue.

I accept that many of them will follow Hearts home and away, purchase merchandise, contribute to the Foundation etc.    

The supporters of almost every other team in Scotland and the UK can generate an atmosphere, often intimidating, often with humour, without resorting to sectarianism. Its time we learned to do the same.

Post of the day

4 minutes ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

Wow! ???

As for you saying “these fans are the cancer of the club” 

well 70-80% of Them booed the minutes silence for the last pope! I was there and it was possible more than that! 

Have any of you muppets ever thought YOU are the minority! And crying like snobs over a few guys drunkenly shouting FTP has drove thousands of fans away and turned Tynecastle into a library! 

And you blame a guy shouting one offensive word as the cancer of our club!!?????

Its football. It’s a word said in jest! I bet majority of them don’t even know the Popes name! Get over it ffs (is ffs ok?)  

Again I don’t condone this but sure as hell I ain’t calling for any of my fellow supporters to be banned or accusing the of being the cancer of our club! 

4 hours ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

So you condone the "FTP" shite do you?

2 minutes ago, red said:

well 70-80% of Them booed the minutes silence for the last pope! I was there and it was possible more than that! 

Have any of you muppets ever thought YOU are the minority! And crying like snobs over a few guys drunkenly shouting FTP has drove thousands of fans away and turned Tynecastle into a library! 

YOU are the cancer of our club! 

Its football. It’s a word said in jest! I bet majority of them don’t even know the Popes name! Get over it ffs (is ffs ok?)  

**** off mate, you have no idea who any of these fans are on this site. 

2 minutes ago, red said:

YOU are the cancer of our club! 

Horrendous post.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Horrendous post.

Worst post i have ever seen on this forum.

Lads having a shocker. 

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

**** off mate, you have no idea who any of these fans are on this site. 

**** off MATE??? How old are you??? Generally **** off and MATE don’t get used together! 

Anyone who sings FTP or other bigoted sh1te at a football match is a scum  bag end of. Football songs and football songs only.

Just now, red said:

**** off MATE??? How old are you??? Generally **** off and MATE don’t get used together! 

5 minutes ago, red said:

And you blame a guy shouting one offensive word as the cancer of our club!!?????

Again I don’t condone this but sure as hell I ain’t calling for any of my fellow supporters to be banned or accusing the of being the cancer of our club! 

you are very weird.

How old am i? how old are you looking at your last post :lol: absolute shocker. 

Just now, red said:

Derby win and folk losing the place over a few guys in a section shouting a word! This place is bonkers

Nobodies losing it :lol: your the one thats came in and started losing it pal. 

Just now, MacPhee said:

you are very weird.

How old am i? how old are you looking at your last post :lol: absolute shocker. 

Not a shocker at all! It’s true! Your losing the place at fellow fans and calling/agreeing fans are cancer of our club? And I’m having a shocker? 

1 minute ago, red said:

Not a shocker at all! It’s true! Your losing the place at fellow fans and calling/agreeing fans are cancer of our club? And I’m having a shocker? 

Show me where i agreed with anyone calling anyone cancer of the club????

All ive been saying is FTP should not have been used, it has no reference to HMFC, anyone with a single bit of sense would understand this and somehow you cant. 

You think FTP is no worse than FTH, how? 

Then you start calling the non sectarian side of the support the minority????????

Archived