Gyle Centre

FWJ

The Gyle is a crap shopping centre, however I met Gary Locke there aged 16 so it holds a special place in my heart........oh and I’m getting close to 40 so I love a M&S sale as much as the next girl. 

Captain America

We only go to the Gyle for the Disney shop.

But now they have one in Livingston our trips are less frequent.

Parking was decent for getting tram to Murrayfield games.

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

They should focus more on attracting shops to the place. 

Horrendous shopping centre. 

I think it was alright at first but the shops just got worse and worse.

Maybe this revamp will help?

Whoever owns the Gyle would be better running a corner shop. Thousands of people working nearby every day, great transport links and they have a range of shops and restaurants that would embarrass the smallest shopping centre in Auchterinverheidtheba. 

Shanks said no
32 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Where was that? Think it might have been before my time.

It was on Manse Road, Iceland is on the site now. Unfortunately not before my time, remember seeing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang there.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

It was on Manse Road, Iceland is on the site now. Unfortunately not before my time, remember seeing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang there.

Was Torchy still an usher then?

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:45, Helzibob said:

The Gyle is a crap shopping centre, however I met Gary Locke there aged 16 so it holds a special place in my heart........oh and I’m getting close to 40 so I love a M&S sale as much as the next girl. 

I worked in the Safeway there when it first opened. The store was fecking huge. Thought the Gyle was decent then and almost everyone I worked beside were all Jambos.  

3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I think The Blue Max was the last film I saw in it.  (I sounds like it might have been one of the Classic Cinema’s offerings - but it was about WW1 flyers...)

...a bit disco
20 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I worked in the Safeway there when it first opened. The store was fecking huge. Thought the Gyle was decent then and almost everyone I worked beside were all Jambos.  

I worked at the Gyle when it was under construction.

Patersons fruit and veg and some sports shop along from it. Pretending to be a spark so my Dads mate could get time off to go see Hearts in Europe.

Budgie's Boyfriend

Any you lot been in the new shopping centre in Krakow , shits all over any Edinburgh shopping complex !! 

Darth Sidious

The Gyle needs a Game and some charity shops....yes I work near it and there is absolutely nothing to do at lunchtime in the area.

On 21/01/2018 at 11:00, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Any you lot been in the new shopping centre in Krakow , shits all over any Edinburgh shopping complex !! 

Is that the galleria? Few minutes away from the rynek sq? If so yes and it’s fantastic, that’s what I hope they do with the st James Centre. No doubt they won’t and they will make it rubbish.

8 hours ago, Chaps said:

Cameron Toll could do with a bit of tlc

the place is horrific now.

But they just opened an Aldi and “the works” as well as a vapour shop and a new Greggs! It’s .... still rubbish, not to mention ‘the gym’ which has been under construction for what feels like years.

the folk that run the stalls must have 0 home life as they seem to be there every day morning until night. Crazy.

used to work in the Gyle and always thought it was crap, food options shop selection and that was 6 years ago when I stopped working there! N

The Hearts shop was good for the short term it was there (due to the stupidly high rental costs, it costs NEXT a 7 figure sum to rent the space they are on and that doesn’t include their offsite storage) as was the zumo juice stand 

the boots is the only decent thing there due to the size of it and selection. 

andsoitbegins

Surely not a great plan with the revamped Wester Hailes Odeon nearby that also has decent parking? Needs a serious revamp in shops more than anything else.

Konrad von Carstein
On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:00, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Galeria Domineka next to the train station?  Weewee's over anything here as does the brand spanking new Galeria Wroclawia in Wroclaw...

On 20/01/2018 at 18:15, AlimOzturk said:

Compared to Livingston it is horrendous. Considering the transport links it should be raking the bucks in. 

Plus the gyle has free parking and livi charges for parking.

Budgie's Boyfriend
5 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Galeria Domineka next to the train station?  Weewee's over anything here as does the brand spanking new Galeria Wroclawia in Wroclaw...

Come again :huh2:

Konrad von Carstein
27 minutes ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Come again :huh2:

The shopping centre in Krakow next to the train station "Galeria Domineka" it p*shes over anything here....and so does the new galeria in Wroclaw.

Did't think I'd be able to confuse anyone with my original post tbh

Budgie's Boyfriend
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The shopping centre in Krakow next to the train station "Galeria Domineka" it p*shes over anything here....and so does the new galeria in Wroclaw.

Did't think I'd be able to confuse anyone with my original post tbh

Weewee's confused me a wee bit, I understand now though :thumbsup: :) 

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Weewee's confused me a wee bit, I understand now though :thumbsup: :) 

Was trying to be very pc.....warning points an that :laugh:  :thumbsup:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Budgie's Boyfriend
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Was trying to be very pc.....warning points an that :laugh:  :thumbsup:

:laugh:

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Did this proposed cinema plan ever get the go ahead?

Aye I was at the gyle cinema last night. It's great, you get popcorn, nachos a drink and a lapdance for a fiver.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 hours ago, Herbert said:

Aye I was at the gyle cinema last night. It's great, you get popcorn, nachos a drink and a lapdance for a fiver.

Has it moved to Lothian Road :biggrin:

13 hours ago, Herbert said:

Odd comment

On 25/01/2018 at 19:07, Gashauskis9 said:

Wester Hailes wins every time.  Those recliner seats ???

Maybe the new cinema at Gyle will have those seats too 

rudi must stay
On 12/10/2018 at 00:39, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Did this proposed cinema plan ever get the go ahead?

Certainly didn't with Cameron Toll anyway

The gyle will be redeveloped, I think. Whether a cinema will actually be included, I'm not sure.

• 4 months later...
On 14/10/2018 at 16:15, Do The Dance said:

The gyle will be redeveloped, I think. Whether a cinema will actually be included, I'm not sure.

Went to the Gyle the other day

no sign of any Redevelopment plans