The abuse towards Frail.

N User

Stevie Frail is an inexperienced coach who is currently having to play manager.

He has had to take over the reigns from tweedledee and tweedledum who for over a period of a year completely messed up Hearts. Training, player fitness, player quality and most of all player confidence fell during their reign.

For the next wee while, Frail has to put a plaster over a broken leg.

Not only is he an inexperienced coach, he is also the only "football minded" member of the coaching staff making it even more difficult a job for him to do.

Despite Frail's errors in his short time in charge, there has been a small improvement. We were a shamble before Frail took over and to expect a immediate transformation under him is frankly ridiculous.

He has had to take over the reigns from tweedledee and tweedledum who for over a period of a year completely messed up Hearts. Training, player fitness, player quality and most of all player confidence fell during their reign.

For the next wee while, Frail has to put a plaster over a broken leg.

Not only is he an inexperienced coach, he is also the only "football minded" member of the coaching staff making it even more difficult a job for him to do.

Despite Frail's errors in his short time in charge, there has been a small improvement. We were a shamble before Frail took over and to expect a immediate transformation under him is frankly ridiculous.

Totally agree with your point but the bloke is no manager. What we need is a massive improvement and sorry but that aint gonna happen under frail. He simply either doesnt have the respect of the players or has no idea how to get the best out of them.

Totally agree with your point but the bloke is no manager. What we need is a massive improvement and sorry but that aint gonna happen under frail. He simply either doesnt have the respect of the players or has no idea how to get the best out of them.

Some of you clowns on here have not got a clue !

Stevie Frail is not an experienced manager.........Fact

Stevie Frail is an excellent coach......fact

Stevie Frail has the utmost respect from EVERY player at the club..........fact

Stevie Frail has been pushed into his present position to disguise the deficincies in the numerous useless and clueless foreign idiots that have been in the position of head coach over the past 18 months............fact

Stevie Frail is working his b@@llocks off to try and make the situation better.............fact

Player wage budgets are now being cut drastically as the previous decision makers have wasted millions.......and i mean millions !..............fact

Some posters on here have more faces than the town clock !.............Fact

Get behind him while he tries to do his utmost to get our club out the s..t !

Libertonian_II

It's unfortunate that SF has to carry the can, firstly for the previous incompetents, and secondly for trying to clear up the mess they left behind. He has to try and rectify 2 years of decay on the football side, so cut him some slack.

The appointment of an experienced manager will not be the magic wand that some fans seem to think it will be. And no I don't think that Harry Potter will be the new manager...................

hartyfaeclery

Stevie Frail has been pushed into his present position to disguise the deficincies in the numerous useless and clueless foreign idiots that have been in the position of head coach over the past 18 months............fact

Stevie Frail is working his b@@llocks off to try and make the situation better.............fact

Player wage budgets are now being cut drastically as the previous decision makers have wasted millions.......and i mean millions !..............fact

the only thing SF has done to merit his current position is to say YES at every chance he gets FACT imo

i would agree with that 100 percent however i do want another manager but i am glad hes there

Toxteth O'Grady

Being "football minded" well meaning and trying hard is not enough unfortunately. If that was the case we could all be mangers of HMFC

We need a proven manager

Find it difficult to blame him because of what he has gone through, is still going through and not being experienced enough, not having a good squad and so on. But if he is in sole charge of the team, a few simple observations from last night

- Miko and Chesney should not have started last night. 1 only.

- Neither tried to take their full back on at all, even once to see if if they had the taking of them. Instructions or not. Deep balls from the full back in the first half with Velicka not being supported.

- We didn't use all our subs. Ivaskevicius and Benisuis aren't really options, but with 10 minutes to go, even swapping Wallace for Goncalves was worth a try. While Wallace has gone backwards, you could have been assured he would have tried to get round the back of the full back a couple of times, whether inside or out.

He shouldn't be criticised outright but, there are questions to be asked.

Being "football minded" well meaning and trying hard is not enough unfortunately. If that was the case we could all be mangers of HMFC

We need a proven manager

That's the point though.

Frail is a caretaker until we get a manager in. He is the only football minded coach on the staff so his responsibilities are being stretched further than is reasonable.

Our current situation is not Frail's fault.

Not only do we need a manager, we need coaching staff as well because Frail cannot be expected to do the job of more than one person, especially when he is not experienced enough to do so.

Toxteth O'Grady
That's the point though.

Frail is a caretaker until we get a manager in. He is the only football minded coach on the staff so his responsibilities are being stretched further than is reasonable.

Our current situation is not Frail's fault.

Not only do we need a manager, we need coaching staff as well because Frail cannot be expected to do the job of more than one person, especially when he is not experienced enough to do so.

Totally agree, he has done a decent job and deserves some credit but is not the man for the job at the moment IMO

Jambof3tornado

Frail should be doing whats right for Hearts and that would be to tell Mr Romanov that he isnt good enough and unless we get a manager in now we wont make top 6 which is an utter disgrace.

Frail is an average coach,but the players seem to like him but he is never going to get us anywhere.

He has had to take over the reigns from tweedledee and tweedledum who for over a period of a year completely messed up Hearts.

While I agree with the general points you're making, putting it like Frail has no choice but to be in the position he is in is wrong.

He has got a choice, as has always been the case. He has chosen to step into the position where he has a squad which does not have the required quality and has poor discipline. On that basis, he should be ready to deal with the backlash when things don't go well.

If he had the required ambition and abilities that we need, one of the first things he would have said to VR is that he'll take the job on a caretaker basis if he gets to address the deficiencies within the squad. That clearly hasn't happened (although there are a few transfer days left). All Frail has managed to do is take on a poisoned chalice, with very little chance of success, without making the right demands.

I like Frail as a person, but the actions described above are not that of the quality of manager/leader that we need.

Fine Scottish Wine

AGREE

AGREE

Maybe he does but the players have a funny way of showing their respect for him and he does not seem to be getting them told.

Does that include Valdas who the players claimed to respect, whatever the reasons for Frail being in the position he is in he does not seem to be getting across to the players that they need to put more effort in, either that or the players are lying about their respect for the guy because i know of no one who thinks 100% effort/concentration is being put in by all during matches some yes but not all.

I expect he is but is it enough, time will tell i guess but i would rather an experienced manager was doing it and not an inexperienced one.

Not sure what that has to do with performances as their are still some pretty well paid players on the park every week.

As do some players it seems.

Get behind him while he tries to do his utmost to get our club out the s..t

!

Tell the players to do that also with more effort over 90 mins.

In other words my biggest gripe is with the players, but Frail needs to accept he is the manager and start getting tougher with them, he can go back to being their mate when a Manager comes in.

And Frail, i have said more than once on here, can you get the players to call you boss instead of Shaggy, maybe then they will see you as one.

Archived