Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

From a link @Ryder posted on the Stokes thread, I'd suggest this explains why we have been able to pay an increased wage for Naismith.

A quote from Levein at the agm in Dec'16;

“When we get to the point where we’re bringing four or five players into the first team from the academy, then the money we can spend on players increases. Then, all of a sudden, you’re looking at a different animal altogether,”

That quote gave me a little movement.

Make sure the young lads get paid Thier share as well tho!

Dinnae want them leaving.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I fought my way through arseholes from Japan to get a proper gander at the Mona Lisa when we were in Paris. 

Feck all to write home about although there is cheeky wee grin from the bursd in the picture. 

And yes it is a bit on the small side.

Off topic 

But perfect summary 

...a bit disco
Just now, jr ewing said:

Big disappointment overhyped imo.

I presume you're talking about the Mona Lisa?

Stephen Muddie

I just had a fantastic cup of coffee. Often when I drink coffee I wonder what my life would be like if I was Steven Naismith.

"Probably ****ing awesome" I conclude.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jonno the feckin wand.......

You're nae  Harry Potter :laugh:

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

How long before someone comes on saying their picture of Billie Piper is even bigger? ;)

All aboard the Impotence train... :jj:

Neil Lennon saying Hibs couldn't afford Naismith. 

He's saying we can probably afford these signings because we've been back in the premiership for 3 seasons. 

Hibs fans are having none of it though. Apparently we've wasted the Walker money on him. 

I doubt any money we've spent has been a "waste". He will be a great influence on and off the pitch. 

How much did we get for Walker anyway? £350,000? 

If we're paying the reported £7,500 a week for him, that's £180,000 over 6 months.. 

6 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

He's saying we can probably afford these signings because we've been back in the premiership for 3 seasons. 

Hibs fans are having none of it though. Apparently we've wasted the Walker money on him. 

I doubt any money we've spent has been a "waste". He will be a great influence on and off the pitch. 

If we're paying the reported £7,500 a week for him, that's £180,000 over 6 months.. 

The season is over in about 18 weeks so if it's £7.5k x 18 it's £135,000 for his time here.

Then you have to remember Walker was probably on, what, £2k himself so in reality Naismith might only be costing us £100k or so for his time here.

letsalldothebeattie
7 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

It’ll only be a waste if he doesn’t succeed during his time here. I can’t see that happening though. Goal the morn to kick off a great 6 months 

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

The season is over in about 18 weeks so if it's £7.5k x 18 it's £135,000 for his time here.

Then you have to remember Walker was probably on, what, £2k himself so in reality Naismith might only be costing us £100k or so for his time here.

Bang on.

And if Naismith has a decisive influence on the outcome of tomorrow's game, that £100k 'cost' is wiped out, regardless of who we draw in the next round.

10 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Walker was on closer to £4K a week 

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Walker was on closer to £4K a week 

So, in effect, we're paying Naismith and extra £3.5k per week, so only c £65k over the remainder of the season

I have honestly forgotten where Walker has gone.  Honestly.  If i think really hard I might remember.

I haven't forgotten where Naismith and Mitchell have gone though.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

So, in effect, we're paying Naismith and extra £3.5k per week, so only c £65k over the remainder of the season

If those figures are accurate an absolute bargain!!

zoltan socrates
5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

If those figures are accurate an absolute bargain!!

Meanwhile over on the blackholeofcalcutta.net they are reckoning naismith was on fifty and is getting fifteen from us 

poppy feeves

fth

So only £65 thousand for the 18 weeks...that only leaves another £235,000 to SPUNK, just from Walker deal alone!

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, Pie-Heid said:

So only £65 thousand for the 18 weeks...that only leaves another £235,000 to SPUNK, just from Walker deal alone!

Hopefully that'll be enough to fill in the Gorgie-wheatfield corner. 

It's a start 

11 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Hopefully that'll be enough to fill in the Gorgie-wheatfield corner. 

It's a start 

Am I right that at some point we will need to move the Roseburn back to extend the pitch?

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 12:59, jambo_74 said:

I've been a member of the forum since 2006. I don't post a lot, but I like reading Kickback for the snippets of information that get thrown out there (hats of to the guys that provide the info, you know who you are). His kind of negativity though is infuriating and normally leads to me posting out of pure frustration. I have absolutely no problem with fans of other clubs coming on board and discussing footballing matters from their own perspective. What I find offensive, however, is when people pretend to be something they are not, like that is somehow getting one over on the opposition. All I can say to that is, eh?!?

I can totally relate to this. There's probably quite a few folk on here that think I must be a right argumentative pr1ck, but I'm not really (although I definitely am pedantic and sarcastic!), I do though have a tendency to let myself get wound up by some of the trolls and arseholes on here, then end up posting something having a go at someone that really doesn't deserve it!

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 15:16, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Look at you and your fancy standards. :smile:

Not regarding placement of apostrophes!  [/pedanticmode]

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
4 hours ago, sadj said:

Am I right that at some point we will need to move the Roseburn back to extend the pitch?

Correct.  To the Tesco metro at Russel Road.  Roseburn Bar to be connected to the new stand.  By a gyratory.

John Gentleman
16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I fought my way through arseholes from Japan to get a proper gander at the Mona Lisa when we were in Paris. 

Feck all to write home about although there is cheeky wee grin from the bursd in the picture. 

And yes it is a bit on the small side.

Sure they weren't Chinese arseholes (I know, I know; all arseholes look the same)?

In my experience, groups of Japanese behave themselves. But with Chinese, anything goes. The first thing to go is queuing etiquette. And their street spitting is something to behold...................puts me in mind of Scotland in the 60s.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

Sure they weren't Chinese arseholes (I know, I know; all arseholes look the same)?

In my experience, groups of Japanese behave themselves. But with Chinese, anything goes. The first thing to go is queuing etiquette. And their street spitting is something to behold...................puts me in mind of Scotland in the 60s.

I was sitting in the Qantas lounge at Sydney airport a couple of months ago.  My flight was at the same time as the one to Tokyo.  The advance on the bar resembled something out of the film Hacksaw Ridge.

Seymour M Hersh
17 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I was going to ask if her eyes followed you around the room haha

For the only time in history she covered her eyes with her hand when she saw Jonno!! ::troll::

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I have honestly forgotten where Walker has gone.  Honestly.  If i think really hard I might remember.

I haven't forgotten where Naismith and Mitchell have gone though.

Old age doesn't come alone.

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, Queensland Jambo said:

I was sitting in the Qantas lounge at Sydney airport a couple of months ago.  My flight was at the same time as the one to Tokyo.  The advance on the bar resembled something out of the film Hacksaw Ridge.

Curiouser and curiouser given that a huge percentage of them cannae' handle more than one drink. The stampede must've consisted of those lucky enough to possess that vital enzyme :)

Stephen Muddie
8 hours ago, sadj said:

Er, there are a few possible ways in a money no object type scenario. Which aren't worth giving airtime. 

Now that we have built new stand some previous options become more difficult. Best way would be... dismantle roseburn. Add a section to the main and wheatfield. Rebuild or renew roseburn.

Captain Sausage

I was really happy when we picked up Tony Watt on loan. He ended up being a lazy waster who did nothing and, pretty clear to see, will waste his career before ending up Riordan mkII.

Naismith is a better player with an infinitely improved attitude. He's going to be a big player for us.

Thought it was interesting that someone had spoke about Levein's vision for us in a few years. If we look at a squad of around 22 and half are made up of youth players, we're only paying for 11 experienced players. That means that if our current wage limit is £4k, we could then stretch to £8k pw for the right players. That would mean we'd be comfortably ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen and could really push ahead of those two.

Stephen Muddie
13 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

I was really happy when we picked up Tony Watt on loan. He ended up being a lazy waster who did nothing and, pretty clear to see, will waste his career before ending up Riordan mkII.

Naismith is a better player with an infinitely improved attitude. He's going to be a big player for us.

Thought it was interesting that someone had spoke about Levein's vision for us in a few years. If we look at a squad of around 22 and half are made up of youth players, we're only paying for 11 experienced players. That means that if our current wage limit is £4k, we could then stretch to £8k pw for the right players. That would mean we'd be comfortably ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen and could really push ahead of those two.

That's right. Always said a debt-free hearts could pay good wages. 

The game really has changed. There have been mistakes, thus wastes of cash, notably cathro era and we've been unlucky not to receive more in transfer fees. (Or we could've been at this point earlier)

Fag packet... turnover 10M.. safe wage budget 6M... management and youth player wages 800k. 5.2M senior playing squad budget = 100k p/w = 10 ×10k/20 x 5k.

I've been conservative :verysmug:

14 hours ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Minus Walkers wages 3k ish over 6 months  circa 80k so the Naismith deal is costing us around 100k ish , hardly 350 k . 

Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Minus Walkers wages 3k ish over 6 months  circa 80k so the Naismith deal is costing us around 100k ish , hardly 350 k . 

65k I believe he will cost assuming he gets paid 3.5k more than JW.

still leaves around 235-285k Banked from JW sale. Has the young lad been sold to Brighton yet? Cos that'd be another welcome boost to the stand project and a further shot in the arm to our ambitions.

Seriously cannot wait until stand fully funded and out the way of our football budgets.

Hibs have been known not to be able to afford stuff in the past but it didn't prevent them from spending the money and like... not giving all of it back.

Amirite vermin?

Archived