Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I'm still touching myself 

Only because nobody else will.

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

From a link @Ryder posted on the Stokes thread, I'd suggest this explains why we have been able to pay an increased wage for Naismith.

A quote from Levein at the agm in Dec'16;

“When we get to the point where we’re bringing four or five players into the first team from the academy, then the money we can spend on players increases. Then, all of a sudden, you’re looking at a different animal altogether,”

Talented kids supported by real quality. Exactly the model we require.. Reminds me of the Macdonald 80's revolution actually.. We are going the right way.. No doubt

6 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Worrying.

It’s a ridiculous statement. I’d rather have Naismith on a permanent deal though. What will be will be.

8 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

From a link @Ryder posted on the Stokes thread, I'd suggest this explains why we have been able to pay an increased wage for Naismith.

A quote from Levein at the agm in Dec'16;

“When we get to the point where we’re bringing four or five players into the first team from the academy, then the money we can spend on players increases. Then, all of a sudden, you’re looking at a different animal altogether,”

Cant for the life of me work out why Levein gets the abuse he does.

He knows his stuff and does have a plan to get us places.

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Yes but remember if we deviate from the initial 5 year plan he’s a failure.

15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Exactly, we are very fortunate to have him at the helm.

i wish jj was my dad
27 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I agree.

We're incredibly lucky to have him but he will do things his own way rather than court popularity, particularly with the media, and that is unusual in this day and age.  I also think that closing down some of the unhelpful leaks that were coming out of the club has put some noses out of joint.   Even in this window folk were wetting their pants/shit stirring because we hadn't made any new signings in the first couple of days.  Anyone with a brain would realise that he knew what he was doing and wouldn't be panicked into making the wrong decisions or playing to the media  just to keep people happy.

If we as a support can show some patience and look at the bigger picture we will really reap the benefits.  I'm sure of that.  That's why I get so pissed when the pant wetters start agitating at every setback.  Of course it will be a bumpy ride and we will get things wrong (Cathro, recruitment etc) but we're already seeing the benefits of the long term foundations he has been laying since he took over as DoF in 2014.

Tomorrow is massive.  He knows how important it is to win and you can bet he'll give it his best shot but if the unthinkable happens we can't let the lunatics take over the asylum.

41 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

To be fair, I was moaning as loudly as anyone at the tail end of November!!

However, Levein and Budge both have me happily eating huge portions of humble pie.

Levein's organisational influence is really shining through and his faith in youth fully vindicated.

Off the field, the January transfer window is better than any of us could have dreamed... High class signings coming in and deadwood being shipped out.

Regardless of how the 90 minutes go tomorrow, I think we now have a team which will finish at least 4th this season and I wouldn't be surprised if we are 2nd in the form table over the latter half of the season.

kingantti1874

Folk who doubted levein clearly haven't paid attention to his career or watched what he has done at each of the cubs he's been at.. Blinded by stupidity and sucked in by the West Coast media who hate the man.  

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Folk who doubted levein clearly haven't paid attention to his career or watched what he has done at each of the cubs he's been at.. Blinded by stupidity and sucked in by the West Coast media who hate the man.  

Tend to agree that folk must have been influenced by the ‘outsider’ opinion. Anyone paying attention to what he was saying and doing must surely have been able to see what was happening? Maybe a few folk still get their opinions from The Daily Record or the Sun.

Further some twat troll a few pages back said nice to see us get back to when Romanov had a squad with Scottish internationals

i know he was either a troll or a ***** but nonetheless who was the fella that brought and put those Scottish internationalists together and gave us the foundation to the team for that first season?

Oh yeah Levein

John mcCartney
39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

thats a bit over the top chief
poor signings,string of bad results etc made i and hundreds of others including flying enthusiasts deeply depressed about it all
notwithstanding hobomania rearing its super ugly head
the seal on the deal for the rennaisance man is tomorrow
hhgh

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Let's see how tomorrow goes first.

Largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Great  to win tomorrow but Levein is building a squad to see I’d through next 2-3 years not to get us through tomorrow. The change in squad depth, quality, as well as performances and results has been excellent in just four months. One result doesn’t undo that. 

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Only because nobody else will.

Your empathy is tangible.

:laugh:

19 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I too came aboard in 2006, I had a loving wife, two wonderful children, a house , a car and my own company. The seductress we call JKB lured me in with promises of ITK material I could only dream of hearing, living so far from Gorgie. At the beginning it was fun, the transfer windows were a joy. With the time difference it wasn't a big deal waiting on the midnight deadline. 18 new signings at a time. What could possibly go wrong. Mad Vlad had me eating out of his hands.

Logging in for a few minutes a day at lunch soon consumed the whole lunch hour. Supper with the family after work became less frequent. Binge watching Ray Donovan was never going to happen. Not while Hearts were looking to bring in the likes of Rudd Gulit or Claudio Ranieri. I never realized it but the life was being drained from me day by day. Bit by bit.

My family and friends tried to intervene, telling me that the Hearts news now will still be the same later. There was no need for 24/7/365. But I didn't listen. I couldn't listen. What if they were wrong. What if something happened while I wasn't checking in. How could I risk it.

Then came the trollers, the lowest of the low. Fans from other clubs pretending to be like me, loving what I love. Stories about no money, favorite players leaving, bankruptcy, inferior steel, no more Heart of Midlothian. Unthinkable. I hated them.

I still see my kids now and again, not as much as I'd like. I passed my daughter the other day in the kitchen. She never spoke but I know she saw me. Hard for two people to walk by the fridge at the same time and not see each other. My wife sleeps with me still but only because we have one of those number beds and it helps her back.

I'll probably be on here till the day I die. Hearts are my life, that'll never change. I have a birthday coming up next week. I'll probably be on here. People say I've aged since signing up. I don't think so. I look good for 56, I think.

See the source image

Gary Parker?

Just now, Stephen Muddie said:

John Findlay mate.

Oooof

Your baws are hanging like Dazjambo for that one

5 4 3 2 1

Boom

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Great  to win tomorrow but Levein is building a squad to see I’d through next 2-3 years not to get us through tomorrow. The change in squad depth, quality, as well as performances and results has been excellent in just four months. One result doesn’t undo that. 

This

Stephen Muddie
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Aye it does.

Ask any simpleton mouth foamer

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

gpGo4Oi.gif

37 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Your empathy is tangible.

:laugh:

Wrong word. It's sympathy:laugh:

I was one of the guys who wished for nothing more than for Levein to **** of, I'm on board now that he has done great things,  but I won't be sneered at by all the seers in our support who think Cathro and his signing policy was nothing to do with "Our Craig"  he had his brain fart, but he now seems to have his Mo-Jo back, therefore he now has me on board, not just me, anyone who knew Hearts deserved better than last year.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

This

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

It’s a ridiculous statement. I’d rather have Naismith on a permanent deal though. What will be will be.

What's a ridiculous statement?

i wish jj was my dad
14 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I was one of the guys who wished for nothing more than for Levein to **** of, I'm on board now that he has done great things,  but I won't be sneered at by all the seers in our support who think Cathro and his signing policy was nothing to do with "Our Craig"  he had his brain fart, but he now seems to have his Mo-Jo back, therefore he now has me on board, not just me, anyone who knew Hearts deserved better than last year.

I think that the issue for the genuinely frustrated rather than the troublemakers is that a lot us expected our upwards trajectory to continue without any bumps along the way.

Of course I was frustrated and disappointed but I was always confident that we had the right guy at the top and he would see us alright.   I was never a fan of the recruitment policy but I understood the logic. He reviewed and changed it just as any stubborn dictator would and it's now looking fantastic to me.  Similarly, with Cathro he tried something out the box.  It was a gamble but most of us supported the idea.  it didn't work so he (eventually) put his hands up and fixed it.  

I never doubted his ability or that he had lost his mojo.  I just think he is more reflective and less reactive now.  It happens to most of us when we get older but he's still the same guy that punched out Hogg.  Now he 's back in the public eye he's bared his teeth a few times already as Madden, Mikey Stewart and that heidbanger currently working in lochend have experienced.  

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Yes but remember if we deviate from the initial 5 year plan he’s a failure.

The backtracking/re-writing of history/silence of those doubters really is incredible.

''Aye but I always said I like Levein'', is about as gracious as they got. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I agree.

We're incredibly lucky to have him but he will do things his own way rather than court popularity, particularly with the media, and that is unusual in this day and age.  I also think that closing down some of the unhelpful leaks that were coming out of the club has put some noses out of joint.   Even in this window folk were wetting their pants/shit stirring because we hadn't made any new signings in the first couple of days.  Anyone with a brain would realise that he knew what he was doing and wouldn't be panicked into making the wrong decisions or playing to the media  just to keep people happy.

If we as a support can show some patience and look at the bigger picture we will really reap the benefits.  I'm sure of that.  That's why I get so pissed when the pant wetters start agitating at every setback.  Of course it will be a bumpy ride and we will get things wrong (Cathro, recruitment etc) but we're already seeing the benefits of the long term foundations he has been laying since he took over as DoF in 2014.

Tomorrow is massive.  He knows how important it is to win and you can bet he'll give it his best shot but if the unthinkable happens we can't let the lunatics take over the asylum.

Mind this thread....BEFORE we'd made a signing. 

Rangers manager Graeme Murty says he did speak to Steven Naismith before the former Rangers forward sealed his loan deal to Hearts. "I talked to Steven, but we were concentrating on the guys we have brought in," says Murty. "Did we make a bid? No. We were looking at lots of players, so the guys we have brought in were those guys we targeted as 'must-haves'." (Scottish Sun)

The bit about not putting in a bid could that be seen as taping up?

Bridge of Djoum

Jeez. Some posters still claiming tomorrow is some kind of watershed for levein. That all his work may be undone.

image.jpeg.0a889acd5dcfac38808f16133d25017e.jpeg

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Rangers manager Graeme Murty says he did speak to Steven Naismith before the former Rangers forward sealed his loan deal to Hearts. "I talked to Steven, but we were concentrating on the guys we have brought in," says Murty. "Did we make a bid? No. We were looking at lots of players, so the guys we have brought in were those guys we targeted as 'must-haves'." (Scottish Sun)

The bit about not putting in a bid could that be seen as taping up?

I don't think so, if he said that they would revisit it in the summer for example, I would think so but thats fairly innocuous tbh (IMO)

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Backing Cathro was a mistake.. But a bad manager? Never 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

:spoton:

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Let's see how tomorrow goes first.

This is typical of someone who couldn't see the big picture if he was standing in front of the Mona Lisa.

14 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

This is typical of someone who couldn't see the big picture if he was standing in front of the Mona Lisa.

To be fair, the Mona Lisa is surprisingly small when you see it. 

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I know it is. I was referring to its value :smile:

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I disagree, Dave. The one in my hallway is massive!

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

I disagree, Dave. The one in my hallway is massive!

How long before someone comes on saying their picture of Billie Piper is even bigger? ;)

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

How long before someone comes on saying their picture of Billie Piper is even bigger? ;)

:look:

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

With the amount of deviants on here there will be a few.

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

And yes it is a bit on the small side.

:oohmatron:

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:phface:

I was going to ask if her eyes followed you around the room haha

6 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I was going to ask if her eyes followed you around the room haha

They would have but,  he didn't have anything worth looking at;)

Archived