Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

If he does well, Norwich want shot of him and no other teams want to pay a fee for him, he may be able to negotiate his own release and pay off.

We may be able to keep him.

We'll just have to wait and see.

This. It's like going out on a successful date with a lass who, at the end of the evening, declares she wants to marry you and have your children. Er no, let's just see how we get on first, will we?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coburg Hearts
37 minutes ago, sadj said:

?? Tbf she’s better than most of the lassies up here , less woolly aswell 

I'm from Leith, and she would win the Miss Leith title hands down.

4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm from Leith, and she would win the Miss Leith title hands down.

My dads from Leith explains why he went for a lass from Liberton

Coburg Hearts
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

My dads from Leith explains why he went for a lass from Liberton

You might have had a narrow escape then. ;) Though I've lived in Leith for years, I look on my self as an Edinburgher, having been born and raised in Montgomery St.   

3 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You might have had a narrow escape then. ;) Though I've lived in Leith for years, I look on my self as an Edinburgher, having been born and raised in Montgomery St.   

I dont think theres anything but Jambos in my family on both sides all the way back through Hearts history. No chance I was ever going to be anything but a staunch Jambo. One of the family played for Leith Athletic and the family story is he insisted the rest of the family still went to Tynie as if he wasn’t playing thats where he would be. 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This is all very interesting lads

Image result for thumbs up gif

Well if you feel the urge to change things back to some rumours and hadn’t owned our Colombian friend so he had stopped posting for a bit. It might be more interesting. 

Any signing news at Burton to distract us? 

Just now, sadj said:

Well if you feel the urge to change things back to some rumours and hadn’t owned our Colombian friend so he had stopped posting for a bit. It might be more interesting. 

Any signing news at Burton to distract us? 

I'm about to go to the pub in Burton if that's news.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Its more exciting than this place has been today i suppose. Enjoy 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I still see my kids now and again, not as much as I'd like. I passed my daughter the other day in the kitchen. She never spoke but I know she saw me. Hard for two people to walk by the fridge at the same time and not see each other. My wife sleeps with me still but only because we have one of those number beds and it helps her back.

I'll probably be on here till the day I die. Hearts are my life, that'll never change. I have a birthday coming up next week. I'll probably be on here. People say I've aged since signing up. I don't think so. I look good for 56, I think.

See the source image

Always look on the bright side of life...........................Imagine what you would've looked like had you been a hibs fan.:HeartsMandance:

The White Cockade

My Uncle played for Leith Athletic and cough Hibs cough

Think Leith were in the C Division back then - early 50's

didn't play first team for Hibs though and moved to Dunfermline and then down South

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Wish we could go for a Burton at times. :sad:

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Wish we could go for a Burton at times. :sad:

Do you know where the phrase comes from? Interesting story.

7 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

My Uncle played for Leith Athletic and cough Hibs cough

Think Leith were in the C Division back then - early 50's

didn't play first team for Hibs though and moved to Dunfermline and then down South

Thankfully none of the players in my family have ever been at Hibs... tbf to your uncle though , you have to go where your wanted in your career. Wonder what football would be like if teams like Leith and Third Lanark etc had never gone out of business. 

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Look I know he said he loved you but his blonde snuggle monster is home now

Quality ?

insane to think we have those three in one pic training together for Hearts though

chester copperpot
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Naw.  Sunday is like a date with the bird you love....who has just had a boob job!  :woot:

:lol: perfect 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
4 hours ago, kila said:

DT56MA4X4AAOMgV.jpg

Berra: "I think there's some Charlie on yer gums, pal!"

Naismith: "Nah mate that's Dib-Dab..."

Not entirely sure what it's got to do with Naismith but my mother was both the dux and sports champion at Leith Academy.  She was saved by my Jambo dad.

I understand Leith Academy is am addiction centre now.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not entirely sure what it's got to do with Naismith but my mother was both the dux and sports champion at Leith Academy.  She was saved by my Jambo dad.

I understand Leith Academy is am addiction centre now.

Not really anything to do with Naismith this threads died a bit of a death today. Always interesting to know a bit about who posts though. 

Maybe he’ll sign for Sevco in the summer. Maybe not. Time will tell.

There is something about Hearts as a club. Probably every fan thinks that about their club to some degree, but we have a huge number of former players and managers who seem to retain a big soft spot for HMFC. There’s a decent chance Naismith will decide he wants to stay. Wages may be the stumbling block in the end.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not really anything to do with Naismith this threads died a bit of a death today. Always interesting to know a bit about who posts though. 

Perhaps because Naismith's now signed. :) I'm surprised the thread is carrying on to be honest.

The signing party's over - we're all just sitting around after most other people have left the party, too drunk to get our coats on and go home.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Maybe he’ll sign for Sevco in the summer. Maybe not. Time will tell.

There is something about Hearts as a club. Probably every fan thinks that about their club to some degree, but we have a huge number of former players and managers who seem to retain a big soft spot for HMFC. There’s a decent chance Naismith will decide he wants to stay. Wages may be the stumbling block in the end.

This is absolutely the case. It’s undeniable. See if that gibbering simpleton; Doncaster actually deserves his exorbitant wages, he might have promoted our league a bit better, and we might have had more TV money available to us to attract and keep better players. Everything else is in place.

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Perhaps because Naismith's now signed. :) I'm surprised the thread is carrying on to be honest.

The signing party's over - we're all just sitting around after most other people have left the party, too drunk to get our coats on and go home.

Hoping for that last little bit of absurdness before the bouncers kick ya out and you then stumble about looking for another party to keep the sesh going.  

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hoping for that last little bit of absurdness before the bouncers kick ya out and you then stumble about looking for another party to keep the sesh going.  

Us:

141714.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

This is absolutely the case. It’s undeniable. See if that gibbering simpleton; Doncaster actually deserves his exorbitant wages, he might have promoted our league a bit better, and we might have had more TV money available to us to attract and keep better players. Everything else is in place.

Terrace Podcast do a what would of happened type thing. Ie if Burley hadn’t left when he did etc. It would be interesting to see where Scottish football could be if they hadn’t ballsed up the tv deal on offer and if the SFA and SPFL had really promoted the league. There not a vast difference between the Championship and up here. Marketing etc has made the wages different though. One good thing has to be people like Naismith wouldn’t be able to be approached now had we not rebuilt from nothing with a good business plan , house in order and didn’t have the spirit we did around the club now. He said himself we tick all the boxes for him. Aside from the wage aspect we are able to compete with the better clubs off the park for signatures and thats all we can ask as we continue to grow

46 minutes ago, Ryder said:

This is a good point, but I think we are not thinking big enough. It is time SKY and BT passed over the monthly subscriptions from Scottish subscribers to help our league. How many Sky Boxes are based in Scotland? Can you imagine the revenue that could come into our game if that money stayed where it belonged? Considering the amount of money SKY and BT raise from their Scottish Customer base, our authorities?? should be bargaining for a higher share of the money raised in Scotland.

It would be interesting to know just how much is raised from their Scottish Customers.....

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Was it the brew or the chips that sealed the deal?

Frankie Boyle once compared Glasgow to Las Vegas, as in both cities you can pay for sex with chips.

Bridge of Djoum
41 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Frankie Boyle once compared Glasgow to Las Vegas, as in both cities you can pay for sex with chips.

Wasn't it Dundee?

Either way, absolutely correct!

August Landmesser
4 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Would.

I'd prefer Eddie May!

So to conclude.

Naismith has signed on loan.

He's on a massive wage of around 10k a week.*

He is unfit.*

He isn't as good as Lafferty, who is also shite, because he doesn't suit our hoofball tactics.*

We only have him because nobody else wanted him. Not even rangers who were offered him on a play for free basis.*

Bartley will have him in his back pocket all game this weekend.*

*These opinions reflect those of .net posters and may differ from the views of humans.

3 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

This is a good point, but I think we are not thinking big enough. It is time SKY and BT passed over the monthly subscriptions from Scottish subscribers to help our league. How many Sky Boxes are based in Scotland? Can you imagine the revenue that could come into our game if that money stayed where it belonged? Considering the amount of money SKY and BT raise from their Scottish Customer base, our authorities?? should be bargaining for a higher share of the money raised in Scotland.

It would be interesting to know just how much is raised from their Scottish Customers.....

Yeah. I’m planning to cancel my sports package at the end of the month. I don’t watch enough of it to justify the exorbitant price, and I’m aware that by paying it I’m helping Sky to pump billions into the EPL and kill the Scottish game as a result. If Hearts are playing and I want to watch it, I’ll get a one-day Now TV subscription.

10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

It will be extremely difficult however on the plus points -

1. He wants to move his family back to Scotland.

2. There are only 2 Clubs in Scotland that would come any where near his £30k wages - Celtic (eh no chance!!) and Rangers....however he is now getting absolute pelters and abuse from the Hun Faithful, so he may not want to go back there now.

3. We can surely out bid Aberdeen, Hibs or anybody else up here.

Spot on post 

just reading through some of the negative comments on here by a certain individual and it beggars belief 

your absolutely right - give it 6 months and I think Naismith once he has played for us and sampled Tynie in the famous maroon hubs and the sheep will have nay chance even if they wanted him - anyway, he would only go to a bigger team than us if the option was available so that rules these 2 out  

dont think either of the erse cheeks will go for him - he picked the jambos and that's good enough for me 

an absolutely fantastic signing for us regardless of what anyone says - if we have got him for 5k a week that's an absolute steal and a belter of a deal 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

So to conclude.

He is unfit.*

He isn't as good as Lafferty, who is also shite, because he doesn't suit our hoofball tactics.*

We only have him because nobody else wanted him. Not even rangers who were offered him on a play for free basis.*

*These opinions reflect those of .net posters and may differ from the views of humans.

I went over there for the first time in many weeks and regret being so stupid. As well as the ones you mention they have already written of Mitchell, saying Man U would never loan him to us if he was any good. They cite his age, our style of play and state of our pitch as reasons. I really hope he has the game of his life on Sunday.

Now I must go for a shower to cleanse myself. :sad:

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

So to conclude.

He is unfit.*

Sounds like they are shiting theirselves then - Bearing in mind a rodent will lay up to 40 droppings a day 

good to see 

1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

What number is naismith wearing?

41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe if Notts is in the pub he might get drunk and slip a cheeky name?

Pub was decent lads?. Voyager from Abbeydale Brewery was very agreeable.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Pub was decent lads?. Voyager from Abbeydale Brewery was very agreeable.

Certainly have some choices that neck of the woods 

12 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I was showing respect on what could be a very good signing for the second half of the season.

It would be great if you guys (and Hibs) managed to catch SevCo and push them out of the European positions

**** hibs

12 hours ago, dumpson said:

He should probably have a wee go of hoisting that above his head, bit of practice for May !      :verysmug:

hopefully

12 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It absolutely wouldn't. I consider that a pro-Hibs post and it's not welcome or respectful in this forum.

It would be great if we caught Rangers and Hibs got relegated.

correct

11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bugger off with your condesceding, smarmy comments. 

I know your game smartarse.

So disappear and fillet some cod or whatever it is you lot do up there.

:bravo:

9 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Image result for spamhead

brilliant

7 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I too came aboard in 2006, I had a loving wife, two wonderful children, a house , a car and my own company. The seductress we call JKB lured me in with promises of ITK material I could only dream of hearing, living so far from Gorgie. At the beginning it was fun, the transfer windows were a joy. With the time difference it wasn't a big deal waiting on the midnight deadline. 18 new signings at a time. What could possibly go wrong. Mad Vlad had me eating out of his hands.

Logging in for a few minutes a day at lunch soon consumed the whole lunch hour. Supper with the family after work became less frequent. Binge watching Ray Donovan was never going to happen. Not while Hearts were looking to bring in the likes of Rudd Gulit or Claudio Ranieri. I never realized it but the life was being drained from me day by day. Bit by bit.

My family and friends tried to intervene, telling me that the Hearts news now will still be the same later. There was no need for 24/7/365. But I didn't listen. I couldn't listen. What if they were wrong. What if something happened while I wasn't checking in. How could I risk it.

Then came the trollers, the lowest of the low. Fans from other clubs pretending to be like me, loving what I love. Stories about no money, favorite players leaving, bankruptcy, inferior steel, no more Heart of Midlothian. Unthinkable. I hated them.

I still see my kids now and again, not as much as I'd like. I passed my daughter the other day in the kitchen. She never spoke but I know she saw me. Hard for two people to walk by the fridge at the same time and not see each other. My wife sleeps with me still but only because we have one of those number beds and it helps her back.

I'll probably be on here till the day I die. Hearts are my life, that'll never change. I have a birthday coming up next week. I'll probably be on here. People say I've aged since signing up. I don't think so. I look good for 56, I think.

See the source image

is that Lennons assistant ?

5 hours ago, Bozi said:

Look I know he said he loved you but his blonde snuggle monster is home now

winner

2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Yeah. I’m planning to cancel my sports package at the end of the month. I don’t watch enough of it to justify the exorbitant price, and I’m aware that by paying it I’m helping Sky to pump billions into the EPL and kill the Scottish game as a result. If Hearts are playing and I want to watch it, I’ll get a one-day Now TV subscription.

I am not sure what you are getting at. Did you have the same attitude to change when the subject of the Foundation was suggested?

Surely every method of bringing more money into our game needs to be pursued?

From a link @Ryder posted on the Stokes thread, I'd suggest this explains why we have been able to pay an increased wage for Naismith.

A quote from Levein at the agm in Dec'16;

“When we get to the point where we’re bringing four or five players into the first team from the academy, then the money we can spend on players increases. Then, all of a sudden, you’re looking at a different animal altogether,”

Archived