Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I can't believe you even had to explain that. Folk obsess over every word.

Education is a fantastic thing  :lol:

We weren't all born equal!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Naismith will have to come off during a game and Escobar will be whipping out the calculator to work out exactly how much it's costing us.     

Or coming on as a sub for the last quarter.

Calculator out, oyyyyyyy Naismith, that's the equivalent of 60 grand a week we're paying you .

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Ignore him chaps he is quite clearly trolling.................

Which one, though? :smile:

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, JAMMY1980 said:

So when you say the "initial deal was a permanent deal"why is Craig now saying it will be "very difficult" to get him to stay long term?It doesn't quite add up.

Have you never played poker before? You can't put all your cards on the table at the one time.

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

So you, and others, are happy we're paying a player £15k a game ( if that  was the case) Jesus, short memories of where that got us the last time we did it.

We are paying a reported £7.5K for a player that has the weegie hun cheerleaders crying into their buckfast & typing spittle-flecked rage pieces on why he should be at Rangers, goddammit.  They did not for a moment expect that we could attract a player of this caliber - an established Scottish international player who has the fans genuinely excited. 

Well worth it. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Naw.  Sunday is like a date with the bird you love....who has just had a boob job!  :woot:

We might be holding one of those cups in May. haha

Over the past 4 years we've built a stable foundation and new stand from which to base our goal of success in Scottish and beyond. This signing is one of many that we will now make along with promoting promising youth into the first team. 

I'm also sure that as a business we (should) never reveal our negotiating strategy other than to say the way we do it has changed. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, jambo_74 said:

You really don't get the whole role of a supporter, do you? Finding negativity in the most positive of stories suggests that you are either very hard to please, or what seems increasingly more likely, you are simply not a Hearts fan. When things are going badly I completely understand why people start to become exasperated and question the decision makers. This, however, is an unquestionably obtuse comment from yourself. You begin with a backhanded compliment but immediately change tac and question the financial aspects of the signing. Your lack of positivity is tedious.

His whole posting history is as you have described it. It fools no one, at least not the Hearts supporters amongst us.

2 hours ago, ISMAparty said:

Watch out. You'll get pelters for that kind of chat.

That's why he's saying it. To get attention.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

That's why he's saying it. To get attention.

Yep if people just ignored him he would eventually drift off into the sunset.

5 minutes ago, kila said:

DT56MA4X4AAOMgV.jpg

" Don't worry Hearts are paying me £15k a week I'll be able to get your neck fixed big man"

Coburg Hearts
24 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I can't believe you even had to explain that. Folk obsess over every word.

Scholars spend less time dissecting the Dead Sea Scrolls. ;)

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

His whole posting history is as you have described it. It fools no one, at least not the Hearts supporters amongst us.

I've been a member of the forum since 2006. I don't post a lot, but I like reading Kickback for the snippets of information that get thrown out there (hats of to the guys that provide the info, you know who you are). His kind of negativity though is infuriating and normally leads to me posting out of pure frustration. I have absolutely no problem with fans of other clubs coming on board and discussing footballing matters from their own perspective. What I find offensive, however, is when people pretend to be something they are not, like that is somehow getting one over on the opposition. All I can say to that is, eh?!?

10 minutes ago, kila said:

DT56MA4X4AAOMgV.jpg

"Feck me I forgot how cald it is up here!"

2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I was responding to the suggestion by another poster that we MAY have spent the Walker money in entirety on Naismith, but you know that, unless you've suddenly lost the ability to read other posts apart from your own.

Except that's not what I said at all, and it was me you were quoting.

I said if its the £300k from the Walker sale that's allowed us to get Naismith. I didn't suggest anything about it being ALL of the money.

We got some money in the bank we wouldn't have otherwise had without shifting Walker.

Having that in the bank might (most likely in honesty) have been the deciding factor in whether or not we were able to table a bid for Naismith's services.

Surprised i'm having to explain that tbh.

11 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Being a bit of a geek... is there any idea on his squad number?

Got to be 7......

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

I said if its the £300k from the Walker sale that's allowed us to get Naismith. I didn't suggest anything about it being ALL of the money.

We got some money in the bank we wouldn't have otherwise had without shifting Walker.

Having that in the bank might (most likely in honesty) have been the deciding factor in whether or not we were able to table a bid for Naismith's services.

Simples really Erik isn't it

Reports we are paying him £7.5k per week.  Around 20 weeks of the season left, so 20 x £7.5k = £150k.

£150k left out of JW fee.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Lafferty begging for a sub until payday too. Not paying him enough. 10k a week...who knows...?

One man does..........

Coburg Hearts
9 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

I've been a member of the forum since 2006. I don't post a lot, but I like reading Kickback for the snippets of information that get thrown out there (hats of to the guys that provide the info, you know who you are). His kind of negativity though is infuriating and normally leads to me posting out of pure frustration. I have absolutely no problem with fans of other clubs coming on board and discussing footballing matters from their own perspective. What I find offensive, however, is when people pretend to be something they are not, like that is somehow getting one over on the opposition. All I can say to that is, eh?!?

That is almost exactly how I feel. You should post more often, I reckon.:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Erik said:

Perfectly understood, and all I said was that I hoped we're not spending ALL of it on Naismith. THATS ACTUALLY WHAT I SAID. However I seem to have attracted a wee cult following of complete spamheeds hanging on my every word and picking it apart. Wasting their time. Not troubling me in the least.

Gene Parmesan

Naismith has played all his best football with number 14 on his back. Excellent stuff.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Perfectly understood, and all I said was that I hoped we're not spending ALL of it on Naismith. THATS ACTUALLY WHAT I SAID. However I seem to have attracted a wee cult following of complete spamheeds hanging on my every word and picking it apart. Wasting their time. Not troubling me in the least.

Nope - you just said that I suggested we may have spent the money entirely on Naismith.

I didn't say that.

4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

That is almost exactly how I feel. You should post more often, I reckon.:thumbsup:

You're right, I should. Work, Family life, etc, etc....I very rarely get the chance to sit down at the computer and type. I do find there are some on here, yourself included in this, that offer interesting perspectives on all things Hearts and beyond that, football in general. I'll endeavour to become more involved. :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

You're right, I should. Work, Family life, etc, etc....I very rarely get the chance to sit down at the computer and type. I do find there are some on here, yourself included in this, that offer interesting perspectives on all things Hearts and beyond that, football in general. I'll endeavour to become more involved. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

CL is a wiley old fox with these things. He has done the same with Milinkovic play down expectations and then hopefully get him for cheaper.

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Folk still replying to Escobar? 2nd most annoying troll on here. Best ignored.

I have him on ignore, but, of course, other people quote him and I fall into the trap of replying to him.:sad:

8 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Don't.  It becomes to addictive. Take the advice of this addict.

alwaysthereinspirit
36 minutes ago, kila said:

DT56MA4X4AAOMgV.jpg

"are you being serious? Do I THINK I'll score Sunday? Son you trippin', I know I'm scoring. Trust me"

Just now, John Findlay said:

Don't.  It becomes to addictive. Take the advice of this addict.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VmW-ScmGRMA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I have him on ignore, but, of course, other people quote him and I fall into the trap of replying to him.:sad:

It's hard not to, mate. I feel your pain. You must be strong though. Otherwise you're just contributing to his semi-tumescent state.

3 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VmW-ScmGRMA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK, help required. How do you embed a YouTube video in a post?

Archived