Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

So you, and others, are happy we're paying a player £15k a game ( if that  was the case) Jesus, short memories of where that got us the last time we did it.

PHM my arse.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So you, and others, are happy we're paying a player £15k a game ( if that  was the case) Jesus, short memories of where that got us the last time we did it.

What are you talking about? 

18 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

You've got to be at it mate.

A hard one to work out.

37 minutes ago, kila said:

He's excited by all the things we are. Great manager, fantastic set up, wonderful new stand and some of the best young talent in the country.

Sunday is like a first date with a bird you know you could fall in love with...

Just now, E6 Inc said:

He's excited by all the things we are. Great manager, fantastic set up, wonderful new stand and some of the best young talent in the country.

Billie Piper you mean?

19 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Initial deal was a permanent deal, Norwich then changed thier mind on it. Hense the time taken, to get him in for the derby the only way to get it done in time was a loan move, hearts preffered move was an option in that deal, that didn't happen but don't rule it out. Lots can happen when you have more than 3 days to do a deal.

So when you say the "initial deal was a permanent deal"why is Craig now saying it will be "very difficult" to get him to stay long term?It doesn't quite add up.

59 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Great signing. Well on paper it is obviously and as long as his heart is in it, he'll make a huge difference to our threat

However I hope to god we haven't spunked the whole £300k on him, for 20 odd games, around half of which will likely be meaningless dead rubbers.

He MUST play on Sunday or there is no earthly point in us breaking the bank to get him here.

Welcome back and keep up the good work...

14 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Naw.  Sunday is like a date with the bird you love....who has just had a boob job!  :woot:

12 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

So when you say the "initial deal was a permanent deal"why is Craig now saying it will be "very difficult" to get him to stay long term?It doesn't quite add up.

Because our initial offer was accepted. The price then went up (possibly because more teams interested) which we had to cancel then go for the loan deal. I'm sure once SN loves it here he will want to move here permanently (looks like he loves it here already & was desperate to come here) so the chances of signing him in the summer and/or his release from Norwich will make us his favoured option.

37 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I was responding to the suggestion by another poster that we MAY have spent the Walker money in entirety on Naismith, but you know that, unless you've suddenly lost the ability to read other posts apart from your own.

I know full well what you were responding to but you seem to be latching on to spending all the Walker money and £15k per week which at best are hypothesis.  If you know we are paying ridiculous figures then tell us.  If you know nothing  then post nothing. 

Just now, Barack said:

Daza seems convinced £5k. So either, either, or.

SPUNKED THE WHOLE AMOUNT, though. :lol: 

Pathetic effort.

Poppyscotland and save the children are paying him 42k per week. PHREE PLAYER FOR US ??

58 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Great signing. Well on paper it is obviously and as long as his heart is in it, he'll make a huge difference to our threat

However I hope to god we haven't spunked the whole £300k on him, for 20 odd games, around half of which will likely be meaningless dead rubbers.

He MUST play on Sunday or there is no earthly point in us breaking the bank to get him here.

You really don't get the whole role of a supporter, do you? Finding negativity in the most positive of stories suggests that you are either very hard to please, or what seems increasingly more likely, you are simply not a Hearts fan. When things are going badly I completely understand why people start to become exasperated and question the decision makers. This, however, is an unquestionably obtuse comment from yourself. You begin with a backhanded compliment but immediately change tac and question the financial aspects of the signing. Your lack of positivity is tedious.

manaliveits105

BBC Scotland (read if its no glesca news its no important feck the rest of Scotland)6.30 news last night managed to ignore the signing completely 

7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Because our initial offer was accepted. The price then went up (possibly because more teams interested) which we had to cancel then go for the loan deal. I'm sure once SN loves it here he will want to move here permanently (looks like he loves it here already & was desperate to come here) so the chances of signing him in the summer and/or his release from Norwich will make us his favoured option.

Read this mate...sounds very different.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42747012

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

BBC Scotland (read if its no glesca news its no important feck the rest of Scotland)6.30 news last night managed to ignore the signing completely 

This has been going on for years!!!

The last headline these tossers gave us was "SHOULD HEARTS BE APPEALING THIS TACKLE" when they activated a witch hunt against Lafferty!!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It sounds like a permanent deal was never on the cards rather than we just lost out.

Top marks have to go to Levein though, a fantastic player to get on loan. Enjoy him for 6 months. Forget about him staying though.

rudi must stay
33 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Very humble too as we heard. No big shotness about him, good to see

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Daza seems convinced £5k. So either, either, or.

SPUNKED THE WHOLE AMOUNT, though. :lol: 

Pathetic effort.

Just imagine if we are paying him the full £1.7m money we have an option on. That's what i'm hearing:laugh:

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

“He’s bin there...”

:what:

Colloquialism’s now? Signs of stress, from the rag. 

To be fair, He was pushing a yellow wheelie bin at the time!

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

I couldn't give a shit. We shouldn't be paying one player 15k a game in any circumstances, far less in a league season that's not looking like its finishing where we'd want it to.

what a sad person you are. Shown up as a total roaster on the signing thread and now spouting total garbage about the amount we are paying Naismith. Everyone, apart from you, agrees that we are paying him £5K a week, yet you know better of course. I presume you must be a hobo or just a very, very, bitter troll  

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, leipzig76 said:

If he's watching the 1961 version then yes

It was that one. :smile:

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Worth every penny, Notts.

Back to the dark ages again we go. Will we ever learn...!

We pull together at times of adversity so i'm all for spending all of it as quickly as possible to be fair

Coburg Hearts
9 hours ago, sadj said:

Ach its all fun when it strays. Its like a snowball being rolled down a snow covered mountain the speed it takes off and grows arms and legs before smashing spectaularly into the topic again at the bottom... not that i ever trangress off topic.

is it the time machine that has the prop time machine that is in an episode of big bang theory?

I wasn't complaining about the thread straying, for sure. :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

You really don't get the whole role of a supporter, do you? Finding negativity in the most positive of stories suggests that you are either very hard to please, or what seems increasingly more likely, you are simply not a Hearts fan. When things are going badly I completely understand why people start to become exasperated and question the decision makers. This, however, is an unquestionably obtuse comment from yourself. You begin with a backhanded compliment but immediately change tac and question the financial aspects of the signing. Your lack of positivity is tedious.

To be fair, he has put more money into the club than Ann Budge so he deserves to be cut a bit of slack...

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

True. Not talking spending all the money on players. Say million for player funds. Rest for a rainy day.

No matter which way it is done, it will mean more money for players and wages, so all is good. 

The more that FOH pay into infrastructure, for example,  the more the club have for other things. That's just one option, there are many more.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Also noticed that Naismith's signing was not headline news in the Scotsman - their big story is that Stokes is getting bumped!

Just listened to Radio Scotland news and they emphasise Steven saying he hadn't thought beyond the end of the season, and CL saying it will be very difficult to hold on to him. Not a jot about how he might get on at Hearts.

10 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

To be fair, he has put more money into the club than Ann Budge so he deserves to be cut a bit of slack...

Anonymous benefactor you say :munny::munny:

The people castigating Hearts for paying out bigger wages for better players, will be the same ones who greet about us not finishing in the top 3 or underachieving while staying within a strict budget.

1 hour ago, JAMMY1980 said:

He is on between £30k and £50k a week. We are his shop window for 6 months, so he can get a move to another club that will be able to pay a similar amount. It all adds up.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

Just listened to Radio Scotland news and they emphasise Steven saying he hadn't thought beyond the end of the season, and CL saying it will be very difficult to hold on to him. Not a jot about how he might get on at Hearts.

Our 'pals' at The Evening Hibee also go with the Stokes headline......

He will put at least another 300 bums on seats I believe that we wouldn’t have had on a weekly basis so at £25 a pop on average that more than cover his wage ! 

Anyone who has a moan about what we are paying him should have a word ,even if we are paying 5k a week for a player of his standing for what we've brought in is a great piece of business even Barry the crab agrees He is here for initially 6 months let's enjoy his goals which in no doubt he will score starting with the vermin.Hearts are a club moving forward we have to aim for better signings as long as we do not overspend which I trust Ann won't allow

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

This cannot be a post that was written by a Hearts supporter.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Back to the goon show dribbling complete nonsense then.     

It would appear so. It never takes them long to come out from under their rocks.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Quite simply managing expectations.

Two things need to happen, Norwich have absolutely got to want rid of him, who knows what might happen with them between now and July and he has to revert to an SPL wage, which may be the easier of the 2 to negotiate.

After all that, there may be other clubs in Scotland who will offer him something better, though I doubt that.

It would be suicidal for Levein to say it was a goer when he has no control over the situation beyond showing Naisy what a fantastic club we are.

1 minute ago, PsychocAndy said:

He is on between £30k and £50k a week. We are his shop window for 6 months, so he can get a move to another club that will be able to pay a similar amount. It all adds up.

He wants to come back up to scotland.

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Our 'pals' at The Evening Hibee also go with the Stokes headline......

I noticed that. No surprise there, then.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Initial deal was a permanent deal, Norwich then changed thier mind on it. Hense the time taken, to get him in for the derby the only way to get it done in time was a loan move, hearts preffered move was an option in that deal, that didn't happen but don't rule it out. Lots can happen when you have more than 3 days to do a deal.

I think Levein is just being very wise with what he says. I have no doubts that if Naismith makes a big enough impact we will make it our priority to get him permanently. Happy we have him, and if all pans out would be delighted to have him on a SHREE YEARER 

1 minute ago, PsychocAndy said:

As I said before, he has said he wants to move his family back to Scotland.  So who can pay that level of wages up here?  Celtic?....not a chance!

That leaves Rangers who are bust but splash out the dosh anyway - however with the abuse  Naismith is now getting from the Hun Faithful then would he really want to go back there??

He has also said it's not about the money - so lets wait and see.

If he does well, Norwich want shot of him and no other teams want to pay a fee for him, he may be able to negotiate his own release and pay off.

We may be able to keep him.

We'll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I can’t see us ever winning the league in my lifetime so are all league games meaningless rubbers?

For some it would seem so :yadayada:

Levien is hardly going to say. He is here now, we want him forever, he is clearly making it out like he will need to work hard as others and quite right too.

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Quite simply managing expectations.

Two things need to happen, Norwich have absolutely got to want rid of him, who knows what might happen with them between now and July and he has to revert to an SPL wage, which may be the easier of the 2 to negotiate.

After all that, there may be other clubs in Scotland who will offer him something better, though I doubt that.

It would be suicidal for Levein to say it was a goer when he has no control over the situation beyond showing Naisy what a fantastic club we are.

I can't believe you even had to explain that. Folk obsess over every word.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I think Levein is just being very wise with what he says. I have no doubts that if Naismith makes a big enough impact we will make it our priority to get him permanently. Happy we have him, and if all pans out would be delighted to have him on a SHREE YEARER 

Spot on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

If he does well, Norwich want shot of him and no other teams want to pay a fee for him, he may be able to negotiate his own release and pay off.

We may be able to keep him.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Pretty much this, we now have 5 months for him to feel at home, which will count for a lot come the summer months

Archived