Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Right next let's get McLaughlin signed up to a new deal.

Got a horrible feeling he may depart back down south. :(

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Right next let's McLaughlin signed up to a new deal.

Got a horrible feeling he may depart back down south. :(

Yeah.. Hopefully he looks around and sees the chance of achieving something special with this group of players dawns on him. If we can secure Naismith for next season and add a holding mid of a similar standard I wouldn't rule out a cup.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah.. Hopefully he looks around and sees the chance of achieving something special with this group of players dawns on him. If we can secure Naismith for next season and add a holding mid of a similar standard I wouldn't rule out a cup.

I hope so mate I really do but my spidey-senses are tingling with this one.

Still, all aboard the happy train...toot toot

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

It can only help our efforts to sign him on a longer deal when he sees a player of the calibre of Naismith joining us, and it won't be lost on him that we have a good pipeline of young players coming through the ranks, as well as the progress we are making off the pitch.

I think he's the best keeper in the league and would love to see us tie him up on a longer deal.

Shanks said no

Over on Rangers Media, where anything goes and the most rabid Rangers fans rant and rave they have had a poll for the last 10 days, now locked

Here's the results 

Naismith (poll)

NAISMITH TO RETURN ON NO WAGES. WOULD YOU ACCEPT IT?    800 MEMBERS HAVE VOTED

1. Yes or No
Yes
No

S

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Over on Rangers Media, where anything goes and the most rabid Rangers fans rant and rave they have had a poll for the last 10 days, now locked

Here's the results 

Naismith (poll)

1. Yes or No
Yes
No

S

I wonder how many of the NO votes were cast after it became apparent he wasn't going to them?

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Here's the results 

Naismith (poll)

1. Yes or No
Yes
No

S

Probably similar to our split on Ryan Stevenson returning.

Fwiw I'm still against it :)

...a bit disco

Daily Record has gone overboard!

BARRY:WHY ISN'T MY PAL AT RANGERS?

:rofl:

Henricks I can't find your post that quoted me saying in the "Players you hate" thread from many moons ago that I said Steven Naismith of Rangers. I had forgotten about that but I stand bye it. I still hate Steven Naismith of Rangers. Over the years since , he has grown older and wiser and I've grown older. Now he plays for us he will be worshipped until he leaves.

I actually thought it was going to be another quote about how he was worse than Neil Lennon, but if you want to quote me on my fickleness, you want to see what I wrote about Andy Webster and Stevo.  Maybe a wee bit more brutal. Both turned around my opinion of them by playing well and leading.  Steven Naismith gets of lightly, because he never left us in a horrible fashion in the first place.

Also has Steven Naismith not already scored a cup hat trick at Tynie, neutral venue, when he was with Killie? More of the same please.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Ryder said:

You’d have thought he could have put better music on that, than Scrap Brain Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog.

The music made much more sense than the text. What a load of utter crap......... "We were forced to sell Jamie Walker"

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers fan is on pic at Ibrox Jason Cummings was pictured in front of 

IMG_20180118_224153.jpg

That is amazing.. to choose to paint a proper ned in a pic you display at your home ground. (Im assuming this based on the pic of Cummings) Be like us having a miserable sod , aberdeen a sheep or hibs a jakkie painted in it...ill leave it up to yourselves what celtic would have....

4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

The music made much more sense than the text. What a load of utter crap......... "We were forced to sell Jamie Walker"

Indeed , all iv heard for a week from non jambos about us is we were forced to sell him we begged Rangers to take him and Walker is our star player we are shafted without him. Oh and we robbed a bank to pay for Naismith which changed from nae chance yooos cid get him

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , all iv heard for a week from non jambos about us is we were forced to sell him we begged Rangers to take him and Walker is our star player we are shafted without him. Oh and we robbed a bank to pay for Naismith which changed from nae chance yooos cid get him

Simple arithmetic (not maths) must be beyond them. If we got £300,000 for Walker and Steven is here for about 20 weeks, give or take, then we could have paid him £15, 000 per/week and not been a penny worse off than before.

In fact, we'd be better off as we'd not have Jamie's wages to cover.:smile:

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Simple arithmetic (not maths) must be beyond them. If we got £300,000 for Walker and Steven is here for about 20 weeks, give or take, then we could have paid him £15, 000 per/week and not been a penny worse off than before.

In fact, we'd be better off as we'd not have Jamie's wages to cover.:smile:

Yup basic isn’t it. Fingers crossed they keep working on the permanent deal they were trying to get before Norwich pulled out and tie that up. Sounded like in his interview as though hes here because we fit each other right now.

Coburg Hearts
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Well, that’s all turned out quite well. 

It sure did. :smile:

Image result for that turned out well

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yup basic isn’t it. Fingers crossed they keep working on the permanent deal they were trying to get before Norwich pulled out and tie that up. Sounded like in his interview as though hes here because we fit each other right now.

There must be a reasonable chance of that, and as the season progresses hopefully "reasonable" turns to "very good". 

Coburg Hearts

Off topic, but I'm watching an old film on my Kodi called "The Time Machine". Starts off in the late 19th century and begins to move forward, through the first world war and now WW2. I'm praying it stops off on the 19th may, 2012. haha

Francis Albert
Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

Off topic, but I'm watching an old film on my Kodi called "The Time Machine". Starts off in the late 19th century and begins to move forward, through the first world war and now WW2. I'm praying it stops off on the 19th may, 2012. haha

That is just about as off topic as you can get.

Coburg Hearts
Just now, Francis Albert said:

That is just about as off topic as you can get.

Agreed, but this thread has been rife with it and this is my first transgression. :smile: 

45 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Agreed, but this thread has been rife with it and this is my first transgression. :smile: 

Ach its all fun when it strays. Its like a snowball being rolled down a snow covered mountain the speed it takes off and grows arms and legs before smashing spectaularly into the topic again at the bottom... not that i ever trangress off topic.

is it the time machine that has the prop time machine that is in an episode of big bang theory?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Good to see Hearts returning to Vlad's policy of recruiting and retaining Scottish internationalists.

Indeed. More of this please.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Indeed. More of this please.

Someone worked out earlier it was just under 300 caps our squad has. 

Spine of the team is really starting to look good (ala 2006) make up of rhe squad makes me think of the mid/late 80s with the balance of seasoned pros and youngsters.

7 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Are you guys paying £10k a week for him?

None of your business.  Go away and stay away.

I would imagine Hearts supportets fighting tooth and nail successfully to save our club and Rangers meekly letting their club die would have had a major bearing on his decision if rangers could have afforded him.

Maroonblood22

Absolutely outstanding piece of business from Hearts and delighted to have him in to help us give the vermin a dry length or 5 on Sunday!

Huge plaudits due for Levein, Ann and everyone involved in making this happen.

FTH

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

What a moron.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

These pricks are going to have a weekly. "Should Naisy join Rangers in the Summer."  Article.

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Good to see Hearts returning to Vlad's policy of recruiting and retaining Scottish internationalists.

Spot on.  

A quite magnificent signing.

Remember not so long ago when folk were wanting us to keep Jamie Walker rather than accept £300k for him........

If its that £300k which is paying for Naismith to be here, then its by far the preferable scenario.

What do we think the chances of a debut on Sunday are then? Surely pretty high  you would think - SURELY?!?

i wish jj was my dad
42 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

These pricks are going to have a weekly. "Should Naisy join Rangers in the Summer."  Article.

Lovely feeling knowing that these pricks and their level 5 directed cheerleaders are spewing.

I'd like to think that their campaign to unsettle Jamie Walker helped us to find the money to make it happen. 

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

this is from 2 years ago but interesting none the less

They speak very highly of him down there, similar in fairness to most Scottish players who have moved to Everton from the Scottish league (Naysmith, Faddy, Weir, Big Dunc and for the older ones Alex Young).

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
19 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Lovely feeling knowing that these pricks and their level 5 directed cheerleaders are spewing.

I'd like to think that their campaign to unsettle Jamie Walker helped us to find the money to make it happen. 

Hopefully mkII administration awaits. I rarely read any newspaper articles. Get my he's from the Hearts site or here.

Geoff the Mince
5 hours ago, sadj said:

That is amazing.. to choose to paint a proper ned in a pic you display at your home ground. (Im assuming this based on the pic of Cummings) Be like us having a miserable sod , aberdeen a sheep or hibs a jakkie painted in it...ill leave it up to yourselves what celtic would have....

It appears the ginger chap on the right may have shit himself ,

Very bizarre .

I should of included photo in post .

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

And doing it without ****ing us over financially, and in a manner which means these players won’t get ****ed over or not perform to their best because the manager will be left to his own devices....

8 hours ago, zoltan socrates said:

Best thing is, being a painting, someone made the conscious choice to piant in that ned, its an incredible display of schemie acceptance

Glad I wasn’t the only one thinking that. An absolute Ned and a junky beside him. Kind of sums up the old club that died. Maybe they should commission a new painting for the new club and rectify that :rofl:

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

And doing it without ****ing us over financially, and in a manner which means these players won’t get ****ed over or not perform to their best because the manager will be left to his own devices....

But he didn't did he? Our debt was the same when he took over

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

None of your business.  Go away and stay away.

Harsh! Leave the guy alone man! Never heard him say a bad thing about our club. Clearly a football guy who likes to interact with other fans about FOOTBALL!

Stephen Muddie
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

But he didn't did he? Our debt was the same when he took over

Indeed.

He ****ed us over in a football sense. We could've been debt free by the time the fake economy was exposed if Vladimir was a better football manager.

39 minutes ago, red said:

Harsh! Leave the guy alone man! Never heard him say a bad thing about our club. Clearly a football guy who likes to interact with other fans about FOOTBALL!

Disagree 

12 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That would make sense

I saw somewhere that he was only on 30K after Norwich got relegated and we were asked to pick up 25% of that.. 7.5K per week then

Guess this is were foundation money could come in handy. Few player's that are bit more special get money from hearts and the foundation. Say 4k from Hearts and 4k from foundation. 3 or 4 player's like tmthat would not harm.

4 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

I can sense a 2nd Mark DeVries type display on Sunday it's written in the stars.

No pressure then!

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Ach its all fun when it strays. Its like a snowball being rolled down a snow covered mountain the speed it takes off and grows arms and legs before smashing spectaularly into the topic again at the bottom... not that i ever trangress off topic.

is it the time machine that has the prop time machine that is in an episode of big bang theory?

If he's watching the 1961 version then yes

Just saw him on sky sports live interview at tynecastle. Came across very enthusiastic and complimentary about the experience and youth blend at hearts. 

Archived