Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

For a miserable ****er he is not the worst :)

Damned with faint praise. :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1

From listening to the short video after he was confirmed as being here I got the impression, rightly or wrongly, that he might well be open to staying with us beyond the 6 month period. In fact he placed the emphasis once again on helping young players to develop, and the academy would be the perfect place to impart that knowledge once finished playing. It could be the case that he might well end up being added to the coaching staff up at Riccarton after he decides to finish playing, if that is a route he wants to go down (I say all that without having a clue what sort of youth policy is in place down at Kilmarnock, nor would I have a problem if he did fancy getting involved in coaching but chose to do so back at Rugby Park).

59 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Its being discussed on hibs net, but not official

Don't read that pish so wouldn't have known don't know why any hearts fan would read that drivel

10 minutes ago, Professor Yaffle said:

It's amazing how time affects the memory and people forget that it wasn't a free-kick that he scored.

An excellent assist from Tosh Mckinlay.

Ha ha.  I might be mixing up 2 different goals, I'm sure there was one he scored from a free kick when he just stood over the ball and took one step before hitting it into the top corner.  Or maybe that was someone else :D

55 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Are you guys paying £10k a week for him?

Naw mate. We're paying 1k a week, Poppy Scotlands paying the rest.

:verysmug:

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

From listening to the short video after he was confirmed as being here I got the impression, rightly or wrongly, that he might well be open to staying with us beyond the 6 month period. In fact he placed the emphasis once again on helping young players to develop, and the academy would be the perfect place to impart that knowledge once finished playing. It could be the case that he might well end up being added to the coaching staff up at Riccarton after he decides to finish playing, if that is a route he wants to go down (I say all that without having a clue what sort of youth policy is in place down at Kilmarnock, nor would I have a problem if he did fancy getting involved in coaching but chose to do so back at Rugby Park).

Thats what I read from it as well. He sounds like a guy who wants his long term here (he keeps mentioning that there is more to things then money.) I can see us coming to an arrangement with him and Norwich towards the end of the season.

Stevie Naismith / Gary Naysmith song  to the tune of the yaya\kolo Toure song ? celebrate a Hearts 1998 Scottish cup winner and a 2018 one ?

16 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yeah this was the view a few of us took i think. Certainly ties in with his interview and how posters said that gave the impression we ticked all his boxes. Fingers crossed they keep working on a permanent deal

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Just like a good Billie GIF I think someone’s prematurely OD’d

33D13BD5-5C65-4068-A651-E8EE986B6D7B.png

:glorious:

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Ha ha.  I might be mixing up 2 different goals, I'm sure there was one he scored from a free kick when he just stood over the ball and took one step before hitting it into the top corner.  Or maybe that was someone else :D

The bayern game he smashed a free kick earlier in the game didnt he , roughly the same place as he hit the lay off for the goal from. Pretty sure they were almost identical except the keeper saved the deadball one

7 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Stevie Naismith / Gary Naysmith song  to the tune of the yaya\kolo Toure song ? celebrate a Hearts 1998 Scottish cup winner and a 2018 one ?

Loving this idea.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Loving this idea.

Yup works easily too not that iv just given the mrs a fleg with an impromtu rendition to check 

13 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

46 mate. Nearly there...

It was page 56 when Kila posted the first scarf above the head.

Well worth the wait.

Ya bucking few tay !

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I certainly didn't contribute to that cluster**** on the Naismith original thread.

If you want to police these threads try and obtain the necessary status 

Twitter4b743c5.jpg

...a bit disco

Check this from 8 months ago.

:rofl:

GERS RETURN? NAI BOTHER

SunSport Online poll shows vast majority of Rangers fans would BACK sensational Ibrox return for Steven Naismith, Kyle Lafferty and Steven Whittaker

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/952607/rangers-fans-back-sensational-ibrox-return-steven-naismith-kyle-lafferty-steven-whittaker/

Stephen Muddie
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

I'm tucking into a nice celebration dinner.  Roast leg of lamb (very succulent, I  must say!) washed down with a nice bottle of Rioja (treated myself to a Gran Reserva as I was in a buoyant mood.

I'm having chips with mayonnaisy

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

If it's any consolation, Spencer, I think you are an excellent contributor on here and I enjoy your posts even though I don't always agree with them, but that's what a forum is all about. 

:thumbsup:

Thanks Jonno. I appreciate i can often appear critical. I love the club and only want to see us for well. That's the common goal we all share. I guess we all express it in different ways 

Cracking signing today though bud. Steven Naismith is what Graeme Souness what describe as a proper player 

I hope that ***** Lennon has an arsehole like a broken catflap by the time we are finished with them on Sunday 

Levein and Budge deserve huge praise for Naismith 

21 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

GERS RETURN? NAI BOTHER

SunSport Online poll shows vast majority of Rangers fans would BACK sensational Ibrox return for Steven Naismith, Kyle Lafferty and Steven Whittaker

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/952607/rangers-fans-back-sensational-ibrox-return-steven-naismith-kyle-lafferty-steven-whittaker/

Great find  :rofl:

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Dammit I need to ask.

What is this all about?

Rangers fan is on pic at Ibrox Jason Cummings was pictured in front of 

IMG_20180118_224153.jpg

...a bit disco
Just now, graygo said:

Great find  :rofl:

Dinnae want 'um?

Aye right then!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Dinnae want 'um?

Aye right then!

Check the link to the video I posted previous page. Stick with it if you can :)

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Check the link to the video I posted previous page. Stick with it if you can :)

I did earlier.

denile.gif

17 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Thanks Jonno. I appreciate i can often appear critical. I love the club and only want to see us for well. That's the common goal we all share. I guess we all express it in different ways 

Cracking signing today though bud. Steven Naismith is what Graeme Souness what describe as a proper player 

I hope that ***** Lennon has an arsehole like a broken catflap by the time we are finished with them on Sunday 

Levein and Budge deserve huge praise for Naismith 

Well said.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

This is the best signing for me since the Romanov days, even better than Berra's return.

Fantastic :thumbsup: 

Oh, and the Football Manager update at the end of Jan will be great.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I did earlier.

denile.gif

Just as well .  Some serious crocs down that way.

Bring on the next transfer saga this one has been a blast on so many levels 

It's tremendous the calibre of good senior pros we now have at the club.  McLaughlin, Berra, Hughes, Cowie and Naismith are all consummate professionals, and the young lads we are bringing through can only learn from playing and training alongside these guys.  Not just in terms of playing ability and technique, but how to conduct yourself as a footballer if you want to have a successful career at the top level.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
47 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

GERS RETURN? NAI BOTHER

Haggis 18 said in the comments Lafferty isnt prolific. 

Must have been a shock for the pudding at Tynecastle 

zoltan socrates
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers fan is on pic at Ibrox Jason Cummings was pictured in front of 

IMG_20180118_224153.jpg

Best thing is, being a painting, someone made the conscious choice to piant in that ned, its an incredible display of schemie acceptance

From a neutral, Naismith looks like the Berra of this particular window.

Excuses running out, you Jambo types - you now have every reason to do Scottish football a favour and get competitive in this league.

RenfrewHearts
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

:lol: they really are a tragic lot. Always dying to tell you how little they care about being hated.. then videos like this appear and you realise they are absolutely beeling :pleasing: .

Ahhhhhh..

Right.. quick tug at the toffee apple and off to the scratcher for sweet dreams of Steven Naismith smashing the shite to buggery.    And probably Billie Piper.

Some day.

15 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It's tremendous the calibre of good senior pros we now have at the club.  McLaughlin, Berra, Hughes, Cowie and Naismith are all consummate professionals, and the young lads we are bringing through can only learn from playing and training alongside these guys.  Not just in terms of playing ability and technique, but how to conduct yourself as a footballer if you want to have a successful career at the top level.

Other people have mentioned it's a bit like the mid 80's team. Jimmy Bone, Willie Johnston, Sandy Clark, Sandy Jardine and Doddie - Robbo, Bowman, Levein, Mackay. I'm proper excited 

3 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Iain Ferguson of Bayern legend is a used car salesman these days. Again underlines the epic gulf in wages from his playing days. So not sure if that’s who was on the radio as wasn’t aware he did that....!  

Was it not Ian Ferguson, ex Rangers?

There was also a 3rd Ian Ferguson who scored a few good goals for us including that reeker in front of the shed against the vermin back on Jan 1st 1992.

Yup the lanky £150K Iain Ferguson we signed from St Johnstone. Mad shed that day! 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

You’d have thought he could have put better music on that, than Scrap Brain Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog.

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You’d have thought he could have put better music on that, than Scrap Brain Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog.

Tells you all you need to know about where he is intellectually!

From Naismith’s comments on arrival, the presence of Craig Levein in post has been instrumental in the transfer happening. Well done CL and all the haters take note, although there might not be many left.

Just now, RobNox said:

Tells you all you need to know about where he is intellectually!

It’s a right odd video, eh? Like some sort of attempt at hypnotism or brainwashing. After watching it I came round to find I was eating a raw onion like an apple.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

It’s a right odd video, eh? Like some sort of attempt at hypnotism or brainwashing. After watching it I came round to find I was eating a raw onion like an apple.

???

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Better than coming round with an inexplicably sore ring piece!

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Better than coming round with an inexplicably sore ring piece!

That’s Bartley’s video you’re thinking of.

14 minutes ago, Ryder said:

That’s Bartley’s video you’re thinking of.

A Nightmare On Elm Row?  With Bartley playing the part of Freddie Kruger, wouldn't fancy being anally probed by one of them fingers!

Archived