Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Delighted to hear the ITK chaps, or chapesses, are very confident that Naismith will happen this week in time for Sunday's game against the pondlife.

What a signing IF/When it happens! 

:fth:

The correct answer 

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

We won't be offering anything like  £10k a week which makes your point irrelevant.

You'd think so, but we should also remember that the end of may is about 18 weeks away, so maybe the club would take a view and say that a 180k investment in the rest of the season is worth it.

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

We won't be offering anything like  £10k a week which makes your point irrelevant.

How much will we be offering do you think? I would predict we have took fee from Jamie Walker's transfer and allocated that all towards this signing.

RenfrewHearts
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

We want him in for the derby. Was a breakdown in the release which is why permanent move stalled. Loan with an option is looking more likely. Norwich changed thier stance after his u23's performance. That could change again though. Been very close to being agreed previously but had to scrap it and start again.

Cheers bud :thumbsup: having him for sunday would be a massive boost! 

Just in case it all goes bosoms skyward, can I be the first to say he's over rated shite and I never fancied him anyway

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Just in case it all goes bosoms skyward, can I be the first to say he's over rated shite and I never fancied him anyway

Nay, Smithee, you can't.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Not sure where the idea that we can only pay peanuts is coming from. There'll be a sliding scale within the squad, which isn't that big, so I'd expect the top two or three earners to be a good wedge. Don't forget the young guys at the other end of the scale will still be on youth contracts, while guys like Stockton and Grzelak won't be on much either.

Levein spoke a while ago about eventually being able to afford one or two "special players". It seems we're in, or pretty much close to, a position to be able to do this now.

Lafferty isn't cheap and while I wouldn't want to put a figure on it, neither will Naismith be. Club is clearly willing and able to find the money for players they feel can make a real difference.

24 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

How much will we be offering do you think? I would predict we have took fee from Jamie Walker's transfer and allocated that all towards this signing.

I'd be surprised if we would need to go much above £6k.but I guess we could have gone a bit higher given the short term nature. 

My opinion is that we wouldn't have needed to go much higher though as he made it clear he wants to return to Scotland. Rangers were the only club likely to pay stupid wages and they don't appear interested. Unless there was other interest we might only have Killie to beat if he us to go to Scotland as he wishes.

I'm definitely not ITK so that's all just supposition.

Edit to add that I really hope we get him.

Gie the Norfolk mob a bell, ask to have a word with the chairman/gaffer, ask if we can buy Stevie Naismith. They will say aye, or naw. it shouldn't really be taking this long.

What's the ******* hold up?

Agents have a lot to answer for! 

*****!

:)

Bear in mind Walkers salary wouldn’t have been peanuts, so Walkers salary plus an extra £5k x say 20 weeks is only costing us £100k for somebody that improves the squad.

Said this wouldn’t happen, I will be the 1st to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong (if it’s compleyed) ?? Scarf over head please. Looking good now, well done Daza hope the people who doubted u are as active on here when it goes through. ??❤️??❤️??

Where were you when news broke that we had signed Steven Naismith?

I was genuinely watching Secret Diary of a Call Girl on the Sony Channel!!!

Great signing. Well done to those who called it from the start. Well done Craig Levein for making it happen. Looking forward to seeing him score the winner on Sunday. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back at Ibrox in the summer but hopefully we'll get a good few months out of him.

Hats off to Daza, put his neck on the line and plenty went for it. All looking positive though :). Wait and see what transpires now

Great news -if we can push this over the line. 

Well done to the Club, on paper it looks a terrific signing.

Hope we have the option to sign him long term. 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Well done Daza ???

Seconded.

This is a stunning signing. Absolutely stunning. Let’s make him feel right at home and have him desperate to stay on after this season. 

The blend of experience and youth that we will have is so exciting for the future. Now if we can just get a lightning quick winger signed we’ll pretty much be set.

29 minutes ago, West Side Hearts said:

Hope when this happens the people who dismissed Daz are the first to admit they’re wrong and not him

There was a hell of a lot of abuse flung at him and other posters who had something to share. It wasn’t just dismissiveness. There will be one or two who hold their hands up. The others? Not a ****ing chance.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Fived? Is that a word?

Anyway...here we go...

200.gif

giphy.gif

5OWd_f-maxage-0.gif

K so if it all goes through ok whats your line up and formation at the weekend?

13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Well done Daza ???

I would like to think this is something we are all thinking...

...a bit disco

See when you add Naismith to our first team then read it out loud?

We're no half bad.

Big Jon, Berra, Smith, Milinkovic, Souttar, Djoum, Cowie, Naismith, Isma, Lafferty then throw in the young teamers.

Decent.

Apologies to any missed.

6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

This is a stunning signing. Absolutely stunning. Let’s make him feel right at home and have him desperate to stay on after this season. 

The blend of experience and youth that we will have is so exciting for the future. Now if we can just get a lightning quick winger signed we’ll pretty much be set.

I agree with all of this post.

Well done to lads who mentioned this initially. Looks like you boys were well informed :clap:

This could be a very exciting addition to our squad

I hope we ****ing leather these ***** on Sunday. Vermin filth 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Gif it all night please boys?

Wonder what our local friendly colombian will have to say now?

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Much wriggling and a tepid fair enough including caveats would be my guess.

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

See when you add Naismith to our first team then read it out loud?

We're no half bad.

Big Jon, Berra, Smith, Milinkovic, Souttar, Djoum, Cowie, Naismith, Isma, Lafferty then throw in the young teamers.

Decent.

McLaughlin

Randall Berra Souttar Mitchell

Milinkovic Cowie Cochrane McDonald

Lafferty Naismith

Perfect blend of youth and experience IMO

...a bit disco

Naisy (that'll be ours now!) will give us a bit of attitude as well. Something a few have said has been missing.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Who the **** cares brother.

...a bit disco
Just now, rudi must stay said:

McLaughlin

Lafferty Naismith

We're starting to look decent rms.

:thumbsup:

Ignoring the Lafferty rumours to avoid ruining the news... we could realistically go into our next league game with;

McLaughlin 

Smith Souttar Berra Mitchell

Cowie Djoum Cochrane Milinkovic 

Naismith Lafferty

That's a very good side to take us in a push for Europe. And with Callachan, Bauben, Martin, Brandon, Randall, Hughes, McDonald, Isma, Stockton, Hamilton - we've got options off the bench. Albeit a spare winger would be ideal.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Who the **** cares brother.

So eloquently put my friend ??

So Naismith looks done n dusted who’s next ??

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, JamboX2 said:

Ignoring the Lafferty rumours to avoid ruining the news... we could realistically go into our next league game with;

McLaughlin 

Smith Souttar Berra Mitchell

Cowie Djoum Cochrane Milinkovic 

Naismith Lafferty

That's a very good side to take us in a push for Europe. And with Callachan, Bauben, Martin, Brandon, Randall, Hughes, McDonald, Isma, Stockton, Hamilton - we've got options off the bench. Albeit a spare winger would be ideal.

Wouldn't worry.

Lafferty himself dissed the rumours.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

McLaughlin

Lafferty Naismith

Kyle is suspended on Sunday and the next league game mate, CL will probably play Prince.

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

We're starting to look decent rms.

:thumbsup:

We really are.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, sadj said:

So eloquently put my friend ??

So Naismith looks done n dusted who’s next ??

Diarra surely?

I’ve been trying hard not to look forward to this one just in case it didn’t happen. I think I’m going to have to give in and get a little excited now. ?

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived