Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Your last line makes me wonder why he's not getting a game.

If he can't get a game for a mid table Championship team is he such a great signing for Hearts ?

They have had a bit of overload in his position. Injuries too when the new manager came in and a hulk of a contract they would probably be happy to end.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, sadj said:

I give up. This is why i preferred the fun thread. No wonder Tynie is quiet a lot of the time. Taking this place as a cross section of the support there is so much negativity. End of he will of been asked questions like you say Sir Gio his words then interpreted and some direct quotes so suit how it will sell a paper. Were a club on the up , rebuilding after a year to forget bar a couple of smashings of the OF really. We should be being positive not denouncing anything that could be good for the club. Laff aint coming , Berra aint coming. Were getting relegated etc. I was a kid at dens in 86 and that was heartwrenching and devastating. We nearly disappeared just a few years ago. This negativity is ludicrous. Big picture people. More and more we become an attractive place for players to come to. At least to a certain level/stature or point of their career both beginning and end. Financially , these guys need somewhere to progress after they stop playing so temper a lower wage with coaching opporchancities ? and thats very attractive

Contender for post of the day. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

I give my view it's a non event live with that.

How will you live with it if he signs? 

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

How will you live with it if he signs? 

I will be over the moon if that happened and don't know anyone who thinks otherwise.However I dispute that any sensible person could or would think it is remotely likely, as much as that remark displeases you or others.Just stand back and think about it.

8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

There are a few on here who consider themselves minders as you say 

On topic - I suspect this ain't happening. Hopefully we haven't put all our efforts into this one. Now at the mid point of the month and a few days away from our biggest game of the season, we don't have terribly much tangibly to show for it 

Obviously things can change quickly. But time is clearly moving on 

I said earlier in the week, if we don't get him for the derby, I'd probably rather we didn't get him at all. He'll cost a fortune, one way or another, even on loan, and I'd much rather wait till the summer and have a proper structured transfer window where we get rid of dross and fill in the gaps properly, just for once.

If we get him this week. Fine. Delighted. Could make all the difference on Sunday

Coburg Hearts
14 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

I will be over the moon if that happened and don't know anyone who thinks otherwise.However I dispute that any sensible person could or would think it is remotely likely, as much as that remark displeases you or others.Just stand back and think about it.

I don't think he'll sign either, but to say it's not remotely possible is nonsense and not what a sensible person would say.

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I said earlier in the week, if we don't get him for the derby, I'd probably rather we didn't get him at all. He'll cost a fortune, one way or another, even on loan, and I'd much rather wait till the summer and have a proper structured transfer window where we get rid of dross and fill in the gaps properly, just for once.

Would be hard to blame AB if she has baulked at the full extent of what this deal could cost the club financially 

This could be the first deal where she Agents at their very worst 

Nelly Terraces

Just hope to **** this geezer signs then we can ram it up the filth this Sunday.

Gorgie Rules - c'mon Naismith, join the party! :thumbsup:

PS, Ann, my offer of wedging in 100 nicker if others also do so to allow this signing to occur still stands. FTH.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Just hope to **** this geezer signs then we can ram it up the filth this Sunday.

Gorgie Rules - c'mon Naismith, join the party! :thumbsup:

PS, Ann, my offer of wedging in 100 nicker if others also do so to allow this signing to occur still stands. FTH.

£20 is my limit but game on Nelly!

:thumbsup:

maroonlegions

Do Killie have the money to get Naisy??

If not who does?? Us ??

We have so many positives for Naisy. FTH.

Probably reading too much into this, but I see there are rumours Norwich have made a sizeable bid for Jordan Jones....hopefully Naismith isn't part of the deal.

3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Would be hard to blame AB if she has baulked at the full extent of what this deal could cost the club financially 

This could be the first deal where she Agents at their very worst 

thats not a bad shout at all. Def cant blame her if she feels its to restricive financially. Is his agent one weve dealt with or who has a repuatation similar to the agent of Walker etc

Is Naismiths agent still Andrew McCormick (MAD Sports Management)? If it is, didn't they have a major falling out with Kilmarnock when he left there?

8 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Probably reading too much into this, but I see there are rumours Norwich have made a sizeable bid for Jordan Jones....hopefully Naismith isn't part of the deal.

Much at Killie will probably depend on whether Stevie Clarke is there for a spell or just passing through. He would have been every bit as credible an option for Stoke as Lambert imo 

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

This. Asking why he would come here when he comes from Killie and is a Rangers fan is a bit short sighted IMO. He has played under Levein for Scotalnd and, by all accounts they get on. He's played with Kyle Lafferty at Rangers AND Norwich. Hearts are financially stable and looking up the way. Rangers appear to have learned no lessons from history finance wise and are, potentially still a basket case. He would also have the arseache of some of their fans hate him. He'd be almost universally popular here.

Killie are his home town team and are doing okay just now but their crowds are gash, their manager will be off the first time someone from down south asks after him and I have no idea what their youth set up is like. He's played with Boyd before too.

Our coaching/academy set up is second to none really and we are an ideal place for a young coach to start.

In short. Cracking stadium, good crowds, good youth set up which appeals, beautiful city with good schools, manager and players you know, stability.

If money isn't an issue why WOULDN'T he come here?

Not saying it's happening but, to me we look as good a shout as anyone.

Well put!

If hr picks killie fairplay, they also gave mcculloch a chance at management.   I can not see why naismith would go back to newco, the fans seem split and like you say the club are a basketcase.

With berra and lafferty we have some class in the squad, naismith will like the charity work the club does, he does alot for charity.   

If money is no object and he wants to come north then he will be seriously considering Hearts from the stadium, training, future coach, atmosphere in big games.... we must tick most of his boxes

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Much at Killie will probably depend on whether Stevie Clarke is there for a spell or just passing through. He would have been every bit as credible an option for Stoke as Lambert imo 

Don’t know much about Clarke’s success and failures in management. Lennon conspicuous by his absence when lists of people for jobs come up. Likewise not seen Clarke linked much but he seems to have a much better reputation (and its obvious what he has done with Killie) than either Lennon or Lambert so i’d assume he won’t be around too long unless it suits him being at Killie

Italian Lambretta

Kickback will go into meltdown in a couple of days when its confirmed that Naismith is NOT signing and we don't have a plan B.

If Rangers don't want him I feel confident. No matter what his personal feelings are, he's under contract to Norwich so they'll want a financial inducement, and there's no way killie can match us. 

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Kickback will go into meltdown in a couple of days when its confirmed that Naismith is NOT signing and we don't have a plan B.

Rightly so 

In his first spell as Hearts manager CL gave an interview where he stated he doesn't covet players. We will have made an offer whether Naismith accepts or not, CL won't lose any sleep either way. Neither he should imho.

SuperstarSteve
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I’m confident that signings will be revealed tomorrow or Wednesday, just a case of who?... but it is very worrying that we’ve lost out on every single target we’ve been linked with... unless of course it was us who pulled the plug on the deals 

For whatever reason it looks like we are missing out on McClaren , Byrne and De Kogel as it stands and imo Naismith isn't coming to us . Tough market place atm . 

Could do with a wee boost leading up to Sunday , need a rabbit pulled out  the hat by CL somehow just to get the troops buzzing 

2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I’m confident that signings will be revealed tomorrow or Wednesday, just a case of who?... but it is very worrying that we’ve lost out on every single target we’ve been linked with... unless of course it was us who pulled the plug on the deals 

We pulled the plug on the midfielder from that German team that signed for the shite BEFORE they even spoke to him (source - A well known person at the club).

Just now, ramrod said:

For whatever reason it looks like we are missing out on McClaren , Byrne and De Kogel as it stands and imo Naismith isn't coming to us . Tough market place atm . 

Could do with a wee boost leading up to Sunday , need a rabbit pulled out  the hat by CL somehow just to get the troops buzzing 

Id imagine its more us pulling the plug for whatever reason. Seems the gossip with all 3 weve said this is where we are at or were out.

Naismith may be this windows Gudjohnsson or Hleb maybe not and yes a boost would be good.

problem is we have to temper that with bringing in the right players. Mitchell looks an interesting signing. Seems the thoughts are with us losing walker having mitchell it makes us stronger as we are now better balanced to attack. Or... we have regressed by losing Walker and not yet bringing anyone in while strengthening a solid defence or weve weakened the defence by bringing in a forward minded defender....

it will never be win win with us lot lol

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Personally don't think any of those three would be much better than what we have

if we get to February with better signings then that would confirm that we simply lost interest in these players

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

We pulled the plug on the midfielder from that German team that signed for the shite BEFORE they even spoke to him (source - A well known person at the club).

Heard exactly the same mate, but it doesn't stop the Dingles foaming at the gash about thinking they gazumped us to a player, whatever floats their tiny wee brains I guess. 

Just now, BigAlim said:

Personally don't think any of those three would be much better than what we have

if we get to February with better signings then that would confirm that we simply lost interest in these players

Reading between the lines I think the only one we were really interested in and were disappointed to lose out on was Byrne , but his wage demands seemed to hot for us given his cv to date . 

On Naismith, it's an incredible effort by the club to put together a competitive bid but  he ain't coming to us , I just hope we don't let it drag on and on especially leading up to this weeks game. 

maroonlegions
20 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Sounds like you could be POSSIBLY  enjoying this scenario. FTH.

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I think there will be oncoming players over the next couple of days,guesswork  and I am positive we already have the players to leather the Losers this weekend.

6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So skipping to the end of this thread nothing new to report ?

Nothing at all. Usual infighting and trolling is about it really

3 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

I think there will be oncoming players over the next couple of days,guesswork  and I am positive we already have the players to leather the Losers this weekend.

totally in agreement. We have a team that can beat Hibs that is for sure. If we don’t it won’t be cause were not capable as some on here believe. 

Its 11 v 11 and anything can happen ... that's part of the excitement and joy of football. Saying that, if we were to sign 2 or 3 quality players to lessen any potential excitement for our opponents on Sunday then I am all for that ... recent derbies from a determination and effort point of view have been much more encouraging. It is just that little bit of quality we are lacking still ... hopefully that changes this week.

10 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Sounds like you could be POSSIBLY  enjoying this scenario. FTH.

:spoton: (possibly).

2 minutes ago, Jamos said:

Its 11 v 11 and anything can happen ... that's part of the excitement and joy of football. Saying that, if we were to sign 2 or 3 quality players to lessen any potential excitement for our opponents on Sunday then I am all for that ... recent derbies from a determination and effort point of view have been much more encouraging. It is just that little bit of quality we are lacking still ... hopefully that changes this week.

Indeed , however , having Mitchell in may help to bring that bit of quality and allow Djoum and Cochrane to flourish and Brandon/McDonald/Skinnt etc to drive at them maybe

mclaughlin

Randall , Smith , Souttar , Berra , Mitchell

Brandon , djoum , cochrane , skinny

isma??? (For want of a better option)

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Indeed , however , having Mitchell in may help to bring that bit of quality and allow Djoum and Cochrane to flourish and Brandon/McDonald/Skinnt etc to drive at them maybe

mclaughlin

Having Mitchell in might also allow us to bypass the strongest part of their team, central midfield

McLaughlin

Berra

Hughes     Soutter

Randall                                  Mitchell

Cochrane   Djoum

Lafferty                              New MF'r

Naismith

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

mclaughlin

Probably Stockton up front for the physical aspect.

Just now, dazajmbo said:

McLaughlin

Berra

Hughes     Soutter

Cochrane   Djoum

Naismith

Fingers crossed Daza.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

McLaughlin

Berra

Hughes     Soutter

Cochrane   Djoum

Naismith

Sticking to your guns :)

No middle ground. Shit or bust :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Having Mitchell in might also allow us to bypass the strongest part of their team, central midfield

If we can play the ball over or past Mcginns ass then yuppp ?

Very concerned we haven't done our business yet  5/6 days before our biggest game of the season 

Every other SPL club seems to go about their transfer business faster than us window after window

17 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

McLaughlin

Berra

Hughes     Soutter

Cochrane   Djoum

Naismith

No Lafferty Daza my man.

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Very concerned we haven't done our business yet  5/6 days before our biggest game of the season 

Every other SPL club seems to go about their transfer business faster than us window after window

I wish the big cup 4th round would start after the January window

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Don't be.

Every other club bar Celtic are mince, so don't worry about what other clubs do so much.

Have faith.

chester copperpot
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sticking to your guns :)

No middle ground. Shit or bust :thumbsup:

Pity Lafferty's suspended tho

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived