Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Get Naismith signed, get the Dutch lad signed, get cadden bought, get Souttar a two year extension.

Launch griezlak, Novak and Sammon.

Jobs a good un until summer.

Bing, bang , bong. Easy peasy.

You missed the keepers extension......Tsk Tsk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Elshin said:

Also... if naismith is wanting his coaching badges and become a coach or gaffer, we must be a big draw for that side of things.

This. Asking why he would come here when he comes from Killie and is a Rangers fan is a bit short sighted IMO. He has played under Levein for Scotalnd and, by all accounts they get on. He's played with Kyle Lafferty at Rangers AND Norwich. Hearts are financially stable and looking up the way. Rangers appear to have learned no lessons from history finance wise and are, potentially still a basket case. He would also have the arseache of some of their fans hate him. He'd be almost universally popular here.

Killie are his home town team and are doing okay just now but their crowds are gash, their manager will be off the first time someone from down south asks after him and I have no idea what their youth set up is like. He's played with Boyd before too.

Our coaching/academy set up is second to none really and we are an ideal place for a young coach to start.

In short. Cracking stadium, good crowds, good youth set up which appeals, beautiful city with good schools, manager and players you know, stability.

If money isn't an issue why WOULDN'T he come here?

Not saying it's happening but, to me we look as good a shout as anyone.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

NCFC youth coach Matt Gill:

Matt Gill praised the character of Norwich City's Under-23s after they turned around a half-time deficit to emerge victorious against Newcastle United on Sunday.

A see-saw opening period saw City's youngsters head into the interval 3-2 down in the Premier League contest, only for two second half goals to give them victory.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk after the match, Gill said: "We started the game really well and were purposeful with everything we did.

"We went 1-0 up, rightly so, then stopped doing what was getting us joy. That allowed them back into the game, so to go in 3-2 behind was disappointing.

"However, the lads showed real character in the second half in wanting to get on the ball. The two goals came from really good, purposeful football.

"I'm really chuffed we got those goals, and for Tristan Abrahams to get the winner."

Gill felt Abrahams' goal, a fine first-time finish from Steven Naismith's pass, was a deserved one for the lively frontman.

"It was a great finish after a great run," the Development Squad coach added.

"He's benefited from having Steven in there, who has been outstanding for the young players. It's helped to drive the lads on.

"Todd Cantwell has spent a lot of time around the first team now, but even as a young professional, he can learn from that. It's ideal for their learning."

14 minutes ago, Ryder said:

He was almost definitely asked about those two clubs in particular. Hence why he would answer as he did. Would not be a good idea to burn any more bridges at Hunbrox, that’s for sure. 

If you read read the rest of his points, we tick pretty much every box; chance to work with promising youngsters, a club and management who want him, a club who will be challenging for things. Add in his respect for Levein and the fact he would be one of the first names on the team sheet so his Scotland career should be well covered.

I don't think he was 'asked' anything. I'm pretty sure it was his own column, okay maybe not wholly written by him but it read like his content and his agenda to me. Yes we do tick boxes, as do dozens of other clubs. Yes Levein could be the persuasive factor here. Hope so. Not convinced he'd be getting back in the Scotland squad on the back of it but don't really care much about that anyway.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I don't think he was 'asked' anything. I'm pretty sure it was his own column, okay maybe not wholly written by him but it read like his content and his agenda to me. Yes we do tick boxes, as do dozens of other clubs. Yes Levein could be the persuasive factor here. Hope so. Not convinced he'd be getting back in the Scotland squad on the back of it but don't really care much about that anyway.

If you read the bottom of the article, you will find it mentions Steven Naismith was speaking to BBC Sports Bryn Palmer, ghost written

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42667650

I'm not sure the whole Rangers are a basket case with no money thing matters, considering they've just signed 3 players. Loans or not. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If you read the bottom of the article, you will find it mentions Steven Naismith was speaking to BBC Sports Bryn Palmer, ghost written

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42667650

I give up. This is why i preferred the fun thread. No wonder Tynie is quiet a lot of the time. Taking this place as a cross section of the support there is so much negativity. End of he will of been asked questions like you say Sir Gio his words then interpreted and some direct quotes so suit how it will sell a paper. Were a club on the up , rebuilding after a year to forget bar a couple of smashings of the OF really. We should be being positive not denouncing anything that could be good for the club. Laff aint coming , Berra aint coming. Were getting relegated etc. I was a kid at dens in 86 and that was heartwrenching and devastating. We nearly disappeared just a few years ago. This negativity is ludicrous. Big picture people. More and more we become an attractive place for players to come to. At least to a certain level/stature or point of their career both beginning and end. Financially , these guys need somewhere to progress after they stop playing so temper a lower wage with coaching opporchancities ? and thats very attractive

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You missed the keepers extension......Tsk Tsk

Ayesha, he's a keeper.

Him Tae.

Then job done!

4 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I'm not sure the whole Rangers are a basket case with no money thing matters, considering they've just signed 3 players. Loans or not. 

Maybe just maybe they have no choice but to live within their means much to the dismay of their disallusioned following trying to buy players on the never never and loan deals smacks of a club who are in their second death throes

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

I give up. This is why i preferred the fun thread. No wonder Tynie is quiet a lot of the time. Taking this place as a cross section of the support there is so much negativity. End of he will of been asked questions like you say Sir Gio his words then interpreted and some direct quotes so suit how it will sell a paper. Were a club on the up , rebuilding after a year to forget bar a couple of smashings of the OF really. We should be being positive not denouncing anything that could be good for the club. Laff aint coming , Berra aint coming. Were getting relegated etc. I was a kid at dens in 86 and that was heartwrenching and devastating. We nearly disappeared just a few years ago. This negativity is ludicrous. Big picture people. More and more we become an attractive place for players to come to. At least to a certain level/stature or point of their career both beginning and end. Financially , these guys need somewhere to progress after they stop playing so temper a lower wage with coaching opporchancities ? and thats very attractive

There are some particularly miserable folk who support Hearts/post on Kickback.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

This thread is a vast improvement. The Shed is for the other guff.

Well played Mods :)

9 minutes ago, Ryder said:

There are some particularly miserable folk who support Hearts/post on Kickback.

A tad harsh.

Some folk think this is a stick on. Some folk (me included) think its highly unlikely but has an outside chance, for the reasons Ive already said. However if we manage to land Steven Naismith we'll ALL be universally delighted with it.(I cant think of anyone who wouldn't be)

You'll soon see proper miserable if he goes somewhere else or nowhere at all and we lose the derby in the same week

SuperstarSteve

With the big Dutch lad not agreeing terms and staying put (according to other thread).

if naismith deal falls through... I wonder who are other targets are likely to be, all attacking options we’ve been linked with are either staying put or found new clubs. 

1 minute ago, Djnoisy said:

He’s not coming to hearts. 

Source or it will be classed as Bull.

...a bit disco
Just now, Djnoisy said:

He’s not coming to hearts. 

Source?

11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

A tad harsh.

Some folk think this is a stick on. Some folk (me included) think its highly unlikely but has an outside chance, for the reasons Ive already said. However if we manage to land Steven Naismith we'll ALL be universally delighted with it.(I cant think of anyone who wouldn't be)

You'll soon see proper miserable if he goes somewhere else or nowhere at all and we lose the derby in the same week

I dont think anyone thinks its a stick on that suits your position. That does not preclude you from being positive. You look for the negative in everything from ITK guys giving updates to an article not written by him but done via questions which is how it looks to something like weve not made an offer we have maybe enquired. 

Your entitled to be negative but its depressing when it comes over as bitter or as being against Hearts doing as they are approaching people to benefit the club right wrongs etc.

Personally trolling guys just to pick a fight is how a lot of people on here behave and its pointless. Just because people support the club through thick and thin does not mean we are ignorant to mistakes. Most just feel theres ups and downs and if we keep moving forward its a good thing. 

Just now, sairyinthat said:

You are anything but a realist a person would need to be batshit crazy to even think this imagined move is on.

Iv said if it happens it happens. Pretty sure that doesnt mean i think its a stick on i said there is many reasons it could happen , just as there are reasons it might not. I am most definately a realist. 

bringonthesevco
39 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Maybe just maybe they have no choice but to live within their means much to the dismay of their disallusioned following trying to buy players on the never never and loan deals smacks of a club who are in their second death throes

I hope Loan deals don’t smack of a club who are in their second death throes as we’ve currently got 3 Full-Backs on Loan , about to bring in Kyle from newcastle on Loan and may bring Naismith in on loan !!?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

You are anything but a realist a person would need to be batshit crazy to even think this imagined move is on.

It's been reported on ssn .........

Hardly without foundation.

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I give my view it's a non event live with that.

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

Is there any substance behind your view?

...a bit disco
Just now, sadj said:

Iv said if it happens it happens. Pretty sure that doesnt mean i think its a stick on i said there is many reasons it could happen , just as there are reasons it might not. I am most definately a realist. 

If we were all 'that' kind of realist we wouldn't bother turning up at Tynie most weeks.

It's all about the hope, expectation, belief not some negative, mumpy mindset.

3 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

I hope Loan deals don’t smack of a club who are in their second death throes as we’ve currently got 3 Full-Backs on Loan , about to bring in Kyle from newcastle on Loan and may bring Naismith in on loan !!?

We don't live beyond our means as for loan deals every club does this,I was referring to the old club compared to the new entity,the old club would have spent the cash they didn't have now they are paying on the never never and with no cash to splash they are forced to do loan deals oh how the mighty have fallen, this is the point I was making

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Great stuff.

Give your view by all means but calling folk bat shit crazy when the move clearly has foundation makes you look like a fool.

It's clearly a possibility, one of many.

Bat shit crazy would be saying we are signing Billie Piper and Adolf Hitler.

5 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Heroin? Methadone? Sorry, just joking, couldn't resist. I am in no way implying that the user's (no pun intended) views are imparted under the influence of drugs, no matter how much it would appear to be the case. 

2 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Heroin? Methadone? Sorry, just joking, couldn't resist. I am in no way implying that the user's (no pun intended) views are imparted under the influence of drugs, no matter how much it would appear to be the case. 

:laugh:

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

If we were all 'that' kind of realist we wouldn't bother turning up at Tynie most weeks.

It's all about the hope, expectation, belief not some negative, mumpy mindset.

Exactly

11 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Spot on

9 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Thats totally different to your bat sh** crazy because it may or may not happen and we choose to look at posiitve reasons it may along with tempering that with the reasons it may not. 

See if you had said ”im sure it will not happen , there is compelling arguments why it may but the reasons it is unlikely are stronger” thats a point made and reasonable and allows discussion

When is the squad back from Spain? Would like to think CL and AM will meet him when they are back before he signs/doesn't sign so could be waiting until that happens.

Fingers crossed no news is good news.

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Great stuff.

Give your view by all means but calling folk bat shit crazy when the move clearly has foundation makes you look like a fool.

It's clearly a possibility, one of many.

Bat shit crazy would be saying we are signing Billie Piper and Adolf Hitler.

Ah im sure i could be quoted as saying we were signing them so i shall go back to the looney bin....

11 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

When is the squad back from Spain? Would like to think CL and AM will meet him when they are back before he signs/doesn't sign so could be waiting until that happens.

Fingers crossed no news is good news.

Tomorrow 

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

Tomorrow 

They'll be signings tomorrow then...

Dream day would be Naismith and a mystery top quality centre mid.

Fewdays to bed into the team and we'll be laughing come the derby...

2 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

They'll be signings tomorrow then...

Dream day would be Naismith and a mystery top quality centre mid.

Fewdays to bed into the team and we'll be laughing come the derby...

You've more optimism than me mate 

SuperstarSteve
11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If there was not a chance of him signing, Levein would have made it public by now, I would have thought.

I am surmising that talks are ongoing.

This is genuinely where im

at..“Pure speculation” was his words, if there was zero chance of Naismith coming to hearts I feel he would’ve buried any rumours out there.

I’m quietly confident this is happening, albeit I will be left majorly disappointed if it doesn’t. 

I haven't a clue whether he would sign for us but if he did it would be a great deal for all concerned. We get a great striker with a good 3 or 4 years left in him. He gets back home, gets to help develop young players and what better club/infrustrcture and coaching set up is there in Scotland. Come on you know it makes sense.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Perhaps if your not aiming your comments at me, it'd be best if you didn't quote me

Stay on topic 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If there was not a chance of him signing, Levein would have made it public by now, I would have thought.

I am surmising that talks are ongoing.

Anderson to be fair seems to be good at telling us what wont happen

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, andrew said:

Defo mate, it's not like we can still finish 4th and qualify for Europe.

:facepalm:

Plus there's the relegation battle still to fight...

17 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I haven't a clue whether he would sign for us but if he did it would be a great deal for all concerned. We get a great striker with a good 3 or 4 years left in him. He gets back home, gets to help develop young players and what better club/infrustrcture and coaching set up is there in Scotland. Come on you know it makes sense.

According to the experts on Sportsound yesterday he's 33

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bet Victor go Evens Kilmarnock 2/1 Hearts 3/1 Rangers. 

Eastern Daily press don't mention us in their gossip instead choosing to mention the BBC column.

HITC running a beyond speculative piece which they instantly rubbish about a Rangers return. 

Whilst his club manager has no problem keeping him on.

1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

Plenty the main one being common sense.You

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bet Victor go Evens Kilmarnock 2/1 Hearts 3/1 Rangers. 

Eastern Daily press don't mention us in their gossip instead choosing to mention the BBC column.

HITC running a beyond speculative piece which they instantly rubbish about a Rangers return. 

Whilst his club manager has no problem keeping him on.

Your last line makes me wonder why he's not getting a game.

If he can't get a game for a mid table Championship team is he such a great signing for Hearts ?

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived