Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm slightly more hopefully of us signing him now that Cummings has signed for Rangers. 

Interestingly, there is no comment on the Hun forums that I occasionally look in (& laugh) on. 

They appear to be not interested, and any occasional comment is full of seethe. 

If he does come here, he'll have a chance getting back into the the Scotland set up, be guaranteed game time,  & will have the opportunity to work with younger players (as he has previously stated). 

Young HC would benefit from playing alongside him, I'm sure.  

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Dick

:facepalm: 

Oh come on, I broke the Scott Fraser one, gimme some credit :lol: 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Seems even that was a bit premature.

Jamie Borthwick Retweeted STV Sport

Per @TyroneSTV - Hearts among the teams looking at the player, but no agreement reached.

:whistling:

4 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Per @TyroneSTV - Hearts among the teams looking at the player, but no agreement reached.

See?

Dick!

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
53 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Agree with all of this. Hope this is all okay to discuss though. The OP asks for signing NEWS only.

I don't want to say anything further :)

The Old Tolbooth
20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

See?

Dick!

:rofl:

My source on this one is very unlikely and unexpected, but he's well in the know at United, and he tells me it's a done deal, although nothing confirmed by either party yet. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, johnmitchell said:

My source on this one is very unlikely and unexpected, but he's well in the know at United, and he tells me it's a done deal, although nothing confirmed by either party yet. 

I always admire people nailing their colours to the mast online! Woe betide you John if Lennon gazumps :lol:

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I always admire people nailing their colours to the mast online! Woe betide you John if Lennon gazumps :lol:

Ach well, shit happens :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thats a whole new team they are going for.... not surprised by they are set to reject it. Assuming the stories about Brighton have credence. There will be very limited up front money.

4 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

It's not unusual for pre-contract agreements not to be announced. 

Some clubs prefer not to. Partly for player, partly to not piss off their fans. Different with Fraser being injured perhaps but United still paying his wages and looking after him while injured. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

If this is going to happen it needs to happen soon.. Hopefully we have another plan B.. As I think first plan B was maclaren  

MacLaren was never a plan B to Naismith surely. The timescales and behaviour wouldn’t make sense.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Finny1981 said:

Were signing no one that will be playing on Sunday imagine the rage on here ???????

200.gif

6 minutes ago, Finny1981 said:

Were signing no one that will be playing on Sunday imagine the rage on here ???????

And rightly so.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we lose on Sunday then there aint much point of signing him. Season will be over.

I imagine today is deadline day for Naismith. We'll know one way or another by tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Oh, really? The Sun are reporting that? 

Close thread then.

If its in the Sun then it must be true :unsure:

kingantti1874

We should use the Walker cash and the leonard cash to buy Jones or Cadden. Or at least drive the Jones price up 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

What did the Rockers request?

They were quite happy with the anarchic nature of the previous thread

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we lose on Sunday then there aint much point of signing him. Season will be over.

I would still like to press on and take 4th, with a strong possibility of Europe as a result. Depends what sort of deal we are planning,  a loan deal may only be keeping him warm for someone else, but there is much to play for beyond Sunday

9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Unless we want him for next season as well. The world won’t end and we we will still have a team to strengthen going forward. 

10 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

I imagine today is deadline day for Naismith. We'll know one way or another by tomorrow.

Nothing Naismith or Norwich have said indicates that we are anywhere along the path to signing him. The only thing that even hints at us going for him is an unattributed 'Hearts have enquired' piece which appeared in some papers last week.

We have a couple of ITK posters who've maybe heard of our interest from sources and possibly flowered it up into something it isn't YET.

If I'm in Naismith's shoes I want to go to Rangers now or Kilmarnock later. If Rangers don't come calling I'm staying where I am, picking up my massive salary, playing with the unders and making sure my badges are done in preparation for later life. I don't see Hearts as an option unless Levein is VERY persuasive and the money we're offering isn't entirely offensive to him.

If we get him, he's POTENTIALLY  a very good signing. They don't all work out but he's got real class and a great attitude and so the likelihood of it working out is far higher. I just don't think we're seriously on his radar as an option. That's purely my personal opinion. If he runs out of options and he really desperately wants to come home ( sort of) then we've a chance if we're the only game in town I suppose.

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I would still like to press on and take 4th, with a strong possibility of Europe as a result. Depends what sort of deal we are planning,  a loan deal may only be keeping him warm for someone else, but there is much to play for beyond Sunday

Loved European nights back in the 80s and 90s but it's pretty crap now as weighted so much to the big teams. Some shitty tie in Azerbaijan or the likes in June just ****s up next seasons preparations, unless we treat them like friendlies like the last time. Cups and Hampden visits are what it should be about for teams like us. Time to sort that

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

This... take away the fun and we end up back with the abuse and constant melancholy. Sunday is massive but by no means all over for the season. We have steadily been building this season from a point of chaos and no reason we cant overhaul Hibs at worst. There is little between Rangers , Hearts , Hibs and Kilmarnock at present. Rangers mid season full rebuild could go two ways add to that the financial and boardroom things and it could go backwards. Hibs have added options but not really strengthened. Likewise with Kilmarnock. 

12 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Defo mate, it's not like we can still finish 4th and qualify for Europe.

:facepalm:

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unless we want him for next season as well. The world won’t end and we we will still have a team to strengthen going forward. 

That would make a difference but doubt we could afford that unless we introduce him to the coaching side as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Definitely about rebuilding momentum, and getting at least 4th would give us some. Kind of how I feel on Europe, but surely if we have any ambition we need to be trying to break that cycle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

This... take away the fun and we end up back with the abuse and constant melancholy. Sunday is massive but by no means all over for the season. We have steadily been building this season from a point of chaos and no reason we cant overhaul Hibs at worst. There is little between Rangers , Hearts , Hibs and Kilmarnock at present. Rangers mid season full rebuild could go two ways add to that the financial and boardroom things and it could go backwards. Hibs have added options but not really strengthened. Likewise with Kilmarnock. 

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Loved European nights back in the 80s and 90s but it's pretty crap now as weighted so much to the big teams. Some shitty tie in Azerbaijan or the likes in June just ****s up next seasons preparations, unless we treat them like friendlies like the last time. Cups and Hampden visits are what it should be about for teams like us. Time to sort that

Sorry see above, never got the hang of multi quote  :)

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Nothing Naismith or Norwich have said indicates that we are anywhere along the path to signing him. The only thing that even hints at us going for him is an unattributed 'Hearts have enquired' piece which appeared in some papers last week.

We have a couple of ITK posters who've maybe heard of our interest from sources and possibly flowered it up into something it isn't YET.

If I'm in Naismith's shoes I want to go to Rangers now or Kilmarnock later. If Rangers don't come calling I'm staying where I am, picking up my massive salary, playing with the unders and making sure my badges are done in preparation for later life. I don't see Hearts as an option unless Levein is VERY persuasive and the money we're offering isn't entirely offensive to him.

If we get him, he's POTENTIALLY  a very good signing. They don't all work out but he's got real class and a great attitude and so the likelihood of it working out is far higher. I just don't think we're seriously on his radar as an option. That's purely my personal opinion. If he runs out of options and he is really desperately wants to come home ( sort of) then we've a chance if we're the only game in town I suppose.

Hearts tick many of the boxes in his interview the other day. Fine words can be twisted but we are definately an option. Might not happen but we have a lot of attractive qualities for older good pros

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We should use the Walker cash and the leonard cash to buy Jones or Cadden. Or at least drive the Jones price up 

Shouldn't be hard to drive the Jones price up, although I imagine it'd only do harm to whichever English side signs him in the summer.  According to the Killie forum sevco offered 125k up front for Jones, with the rest possibly coming later.  Which sounds about right.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hearts tick many of the boxes in his interview the other day. Fine words can be twisted but we are definately an option. Might not happen but we have a lot of attractive qualities for older good pros

Yes of course we do, but he mentioned Rangers and Kilmarnock by name (he's not spoken to neither of them according to him) I didnt say it wasn't happening but we're clearly not the name he'd write on a bit of paper if you asked him to pick his next club

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Shouldn't be hard to drive the Jones price up, although I imagine it'd only do harm to whichever English side signs him in the summer.  According to the Killie forum sevco offered 125k up front for Jones, with the rest possibly coming later.  Which sounds about right.

Or in rangers way of doing things, just the £125k then ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If we get him, he's POTENTIALLY  a very good signing. They don't all work out but he's got real class and a great attitude and so the likelihood of it working out is far higher. I just don't think we're seriously on his radar as an option. That's purely my personal opinion. If he runs out of options and he really desperately wants to come home ( sort of) then we've a chance if we're the only game in town I suppose.

I honestly didn't think we would sign him but Daza seems confident of it happening and so far his reputation for getting these thingsservices right is pretty high. He wants to go to Rangers but it seems clear to me that they're not interested. He's got a slim chance to get into the Scotland squad with us. He won't get near the squad if he joins killie.

It all depends on how much he wants to come back to Scotland.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Sky Sports News had it on their bar. SKY SOURCES: Hearts are close to reaching an agreement with Norwich for Steven Naismith. Rangers and Kilmarnock are also expected to make bids.

Was there for 2 days.

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree that there is still a lot to play for beyond Sunday, and that the squad will still need strengthened.

But....... if we DID go out on Sunday (I don't think we will by the way), and then subsequently signed Naismith on the Monday - that would be a massive kick in the stones in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yes of course we do, but he mentioned Rangers and Kilmarnock by name (he's not spoken to neither of them according to him) I didnt say it wasn't happening but we're clearly not the name he'd write on a bit of paper if you asked him to pick his next club

He was almost definitely asked about those two clubs in particular. Hence why he would answer as he did. Would not be a good idea to burn any more bridges at Hunbrox, that’s for sure. 

If you read read the rest of his points, we tick pretty much every box; chance to work with promising youngsters, a club and management who want him, a club who will be challenging for things. Add in his respect for Levein and the fact he would be one of the first names on the team sheet so his Scotland career should be well covered.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think knowing journos , there is a high probability that was a laden question along the lines of have you an interest in going to Rangers or Kilmarnock etc. 

No i dont think he is either but then mine would always be Hearts but if someone else comes in you look at the pros and cons and priorities change as you get older. Hes a wise cookie from what people have said so he’ll give us serious consideration if we are ticking all those boxes

Also... if naismith is wanting his coaching badges and become a coach or gaffer, we must be a big draw for that side of things.

Bazzas right boot

Get Naismith signed, get the Dutch lad signed, get cadden bought, get Souttar a two year extension.

Launch griezlak, Novak and Sammon.

Jobs a good un until summer.

Bing, bang , bong. Easy peasy.

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived