Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

13 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

True. But not the point. 

Yet again, when it matters, Walker disappears. Big players shine in these moments.

100% agree. He floated in and out of the game and at times looked disinterested. 

If someone is offering good money grab it and move on. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

11 hours ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Why he wasn’t subbed I’ll never know 

You'll never know!!!   We weren't exactly flush with options on the bench. 

59 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jamie should have scored early in the match. 

Every time he went down I thought he would need to come off. 

If anyone deserved stick last night it was that feckin clown, Isma.

JW lacks heart.

Like a man short last night.

Edited by JamboAl

Isma had a poor game too. If we do move the two of them on for a bit of cash in January, then I am sure we will see a better balanced team to compliment the good young players coming through. 

I would be playing him off Lafferty as a second striker.  We've persisted with Cowie further up the park than Walker for over a season which is bizarre.

Just now, Coco said:

I would be playing him off Lafferty as a second striker.  We've persisted with Cowie further up the park than Walker for over a season which is bizarre.

Cowie covers every blade of grass. He’s just as often the furthest player forward as the furthest player back. Walker is too slow to play any position. He gets the ball and then you have to watch him try and work the ball past three or four players because he has the turn of pace and acceleration of a oil tanker. The excuses made for the guy’s lack of pace and strength are getting tedious. Play him further up the pitch so he doesn’t have to move about as much... what’s next? Give the referee another whistle just for Jamie so he can get a three yard head start when he starts ‘running’?

He needs replaced.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Cowie covers every blade of grass. He’s just as often the furthest player forward as the furthest player back. Walker is too slow to play any position. He gets the ball and then you have to watch him try and work the ball past three or four players because he has the turn of pace and acceleration of a oil tanker. The excuses made for the guy’s lack of pace and strength are getting tedious. Play him further up the pitch so he doesn’t have to move about as much... what’s next? Give the referee another whistle just for Jamie so he can get a three yard head start when he starts ‘running’?

He needs replaced.

Cowie?

Watching him trying to receive a throw in was painful. 

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

He needs replaced.

He would be the Silva or Mata in my team.  Or a Rudi.  Asked to create.

The recent stats Milinkovic put up on his Instagram story showed Walker as having the fastest sprint speed in the team for the st Johnstone match.

Walker really just doesn’t have the heart or desire to be here. Would gladly see him leave.

2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I felt that Jamie played most of the match with an injury/niggle. We should have subbed him early doors. I didn’t really see him as any worse than the others on the pitch. They were all crap. 

I agree, didn’t look fit at alI. I was surprused to see him come back on second half. I assume we must have known other players had niggles and didn’t want to use our subs too early. 

letsalldothebeattie

Didn’t understand why Levein went with Walker yesterday. Clearly nowhere near fit enough plus he’s been around the club the last 3/4 years and has surely witnessed Walkers derby performances or lack of more like. He’s like playing with 10 men in these games. Should’ve went with McDonald and went with 2 out and out wingers and take on the full backs. 

He wasnt a disgrace thats just bollocks and an overreaction, he wasnt fully fit and a few tasty challenges he put in didnt help.

Wish the lad all the best but take any money we get assuming he accepts any move.

In other news Isma was shite. 

He's our modern day version of a Bert Trautman.

Played through the pain barrier. He had a nasty grass stain right down his left shin and his right elbow was covered in mud.

It was a derby and he flopped about like a pansy. He was desperate to get subbed off.

He makes me sick.

Diadora Van Basten
12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Cowie covers every blade of grass. 

So would a headless chicken.

Any idea what position he was supposed to be playing last night?

FenderJaguar7

Best for all concerned if he just leaves in January tbh.

All the grief we had last season for a player who only puts in a handful of good performances a season and doesn't want to be here.

As several have mentioned, every time he went down last night I thought "Well that'll be him injured for a few months". The guys made of glass.

18 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

So would a headless chicken.

Any idea what position he was supposed to be playing last night?

Similar to Lafferty he was getting dragged all over the pitch trying to help out defensively. Looked as though that was what they were told to do, I assume the thinking was to hound the Hibs players but it meant that whenever we did have the ball we didn’t have players in positions to attack... other than Walker who needs a ten minute head start or Isma who seems to have lost the ability to control a football.

thought he had a decent 2nd half. He had taken a painful hit to his knee but still played on. Could have taken the easy option and come off but stayed on and in my view put in a good shift (2nd half). Some of the abuse he gets on here is painful.

16 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

thought he had a decent 2nd half. He had taken a painful hit to his knee but still played on. Could have taken the easy option and come off but stayed on and in my view put in a good shift (2nd half). Some of the abuse he gets on here is painful.

Agreed. 

12 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

And they did what? Berra constantly just punted the ball anywhere. Soutar and Brandon were poor. 

in all my time on here I think this post must be the daftest I have ever seen. Berra was immense, closely followed by Soutar. Brandon had some great bits of play and a few poor ones but, overall, a good game. Buaben had a good game but got caught in possession a few times towards the end which spoiled it. Edited as I thought this was the Buaben thread. Walker did seem to try but he was obviously unfit

Edited by XB52
wrong thread

maroonnicky63
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Can't stand the laddie, sooner he's long gone the better!!!!!

I hear he feels the same about you!!!

Younger players have just far better workrate and mentality.

We'll hopefully see the likes of McDonald, Henderson and Marc Leonard get chances now.  

I thought Walker did okay but the fact we didn't create much tells the story. 

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Younger players have just far better workrate and mentality.

We'll hopefully see the likes of McDonald, Henderson and Marc Leonard get chances now.  

I thought Walker did okay but the fact we didn't create much tells the story. 

Yep. What a difference they make to the team. We need to get some experienced but pacy and technically gifted players around them and we will be a much better team to watch.

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Similar to Lafferty he was getting dragged all over the pitch trying to help out defensively. Looked as though that was what they were told to do, I assume the thinking was to hound the Hibs players but it meant that whenever we did have the ball we didn’t have players in positions to attack... other than Walker who needs a ten minute head start or Isma who seems to have lost the ability to control a football.

Walker needs to go, I don't say this with malice as he was once a vital part of the team (even if I would boot his agent hard in the gonads for turning his head towards Ibrox) but he clearly needs a fresh start.. He tried in fits and bursts last night, that patchyness is probably what you'd expect from a player who is not in the right shape physically or mentally. 

Isma drove me mad last night. I want to love the guy and he does look to get the ball and work, that's not the issue. The issue is he has the first touch of an elephant that's just been shot in the arse with a blunderbuss, and the decision making capacity of a 5 year old with a £200 gift card in Toys R Us. Shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot, gets into good positions and controls a pass so well he could take out an easyjet coming in to land at Turnhouse...

You know that Walker could be reading this just now... and he would be saying to himself so F'n what I am out of here...he hopes... I think he will have to wait for a team to come for him in the summer... lower div England poss conference ?  or bottom half Scotland on less than we offered him.

It’s been sad watching his slow decline over the past year or two. He had the potential to be one of the best players in the league and get a big move down to England. Shame he couldn’t be bothered with any of that. 

19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Reflecting on last night, I am not too disappointed with a point. 

We had injuries whereas they had their full squad to choose from. We were also fortunate with the 'goal' but looking at the incidents on Sky today we should have had a penalty.

A few tweaks in January with the squad and we will beat them in the cup. 

THat’s where I am at. We have a pretty limited squad and Levein has made them hard to beat in the last couple of months. He now needs to make a couple of good signings in this window to allow us to create and take more chances. 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

You can make allowances for injuries, they all get them. Can’t excuse lack of effort or attitude though.

It has to be said he could have been a player as well as one or two others younger lads we had BUT they all wanted it to come to them. Really good players don't do that they work hard to improve their ability and then go and GET IT. Too many players believe what they read in sports columns and think that's it I have made the grade and stop working on their game... and of course they are greatly encouraged by their money grabbing agents who care not for the player's future just on how much they can make on him now!

2nd half Walker wad the only Hearts midfielder or forward who looked like he'd met a football before. 

The fact lafferty appears to have forgot how to kick a ball and Isma is utter pony wasn't exactly helping Walker (or any midfielder)

8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

It has to be said he could have been a player as well as one or two others younger lads we had BUT they all wanted it to come to them. Really good players don't do that they work hard to improve their ability and then go and GET IT. Too many players believe what they read in sports columns and think that's it I have made the grade and stop working on their game... and of course they are greatly encouraged by their money grabbing agents who care not for the player's future just on how much they can make on him now!

A few people have said the Cochrane / Henderson age groups and younger have much better attitudes. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Walker needs to go, I don't say this with malice as he was once a vital part of the team (even if I would boot his agent hard in the gonads for turning his head towards Ibrox) but he clearly needs a fresh start.. He tried in fits and bursts last night, that patchyness is probably what you'd expect from a player who is not in the right shape physically or mentally. 

Isma drove me mad last night. I want to love the guy and he does look to get the ball and work, that's not the issue. The issue is he has the first touch of an elephant that's just been shot in the arse with a blunderbuss, and the decision making capacity of a 5 year old with a £200 gift card in Toys R Us. Shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot, gets into good positions and controls a pass so well he could take out an easyjet coming in to land at Turnhouse...

Pretty fair assessment imo.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I hear he feels the same about you!!!

Aye very good, difference is I care about my club - he doesn't.

It should have been ten
11 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

You think?

Either that or you need to get to Specsavers quick. Why would we need more Jamie Walkers in the team?? His attitude is rotten and has been for ages!

:wtf:

15 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I don't know to be fair but anything would have been better than having to witness a player clearly not at the game mentally and Craig should have known that would have been the case. CL wanted to make a club statement about they way we will conduct personnel matters at the club... it, in this case at least, was a bad judgment call, of course this is JMO others may well see it differently. 

on the knock back of the contract offered him the club should have immediately made him available for transfer rather than appeasing the fan bois in our support.Bit us on the arse that did.

34 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Either that or you need to get to Specsavers quick. Why would we need more Jamie Walkers in the team?? His attitude is rotten and has been for ages!

:wtf:

Not my finest hour on kB last night I must admit ?

Best of luck Jamie. Hope you pass the medical and manage to carve out a career for yourself down there.

Amazed anyone could pass a medical after spending the entire night before on the deck injured.

Fully expect Jamie to pass his with flying colours though.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

How will Jamie Walker pass a medical ffs?! 

That's what im worried about.  Hopefully it's not too thorough or we could be stuck with the dumpling for another few months. 

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jamie should have scored early in the match. 

Every time he went down I thought he would need to come off. 

If anyone deserved stick last night it was that feckin clown, Isma.

Totally agree. Hopefully the rumours are true and he is of to China.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Totally agree. Hopefully the rumours are true and he is of to China.

Who's off to China, Isma?  Hope so.

31 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Who's off to China, Isma?  Hope so.

That's the rumour doing the rounds yes Isma no doubt he'll be on a slow boat!!!

Son Of Anarchy

Isma could/can be a cult hero. So much potential if he could be arsed so if he's away I'll not lose sleep.

Jamie had the chance to be a legend. He's made his choice so I wish him well. Bye, next?

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic