Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

"Bolt" because the little scrote has gone so dry your eyes

Who is crying? I'm disappointed at the way it turned out but life goes on.

Played a lot of god games for us, and scored a lot of goals so deserves better than "little scrote" imo.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

maroonnicky63
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Did he not feature against Hibs? Have you been drinking?

Edited to add you'd be forgiven if you didn't notice him. Understandable given his performance.

you were talking about celtic , you never mentioned hibs, you have been drinking

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

you were talking about celtic , you never mentioned hibs, you have been drinking

You were talking about the performances SINCE the Celtic game which is what I replied to, not me that's been drinking ;)

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Who is crying? I'm disappointed at the way it turned out but life goes on.

Played a lot of god games for us, and scored a lot of goals so deserves better than "little scrote" imo.

Fair enough, that's my opinion. We've all got one ??

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Has the fee officially been confirmed?

My last memory of him was his stonking performance in the Cathro Hun thumping.

Media reporting ‘undisclosed fee’ heard someone say ‘close to 300k’.

maroonnicky63
Just now, It should have been ten said:

You were talking about the performances SINCE the Celtic game which is what I replied to, not me that's been drinking ;)

I was on about the team not any individuals, anyway lets wait and see who comes in that will produce better than Jamie;)

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I was on about the team not any individuals, anyway lets wait and see who comes in that will produce better than Jamie;)

Agreed, looking forward to it :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kila said:

Walker makes his first appearance on the Wigan team sheet

Warming the bench

No

He made his debut on as sub 55 minutes in 2-0 win 

• 1 year later...
On 06/01/2018 at 14:09, CJGJ said:

As it seems to be  a done deal we should wish him well, thank him for his service (remember he stuck with us in the bad times which seems to have been forgotten by some) and hope for his sake he recovers his form which could bring benefit to us further down the line.

Fans love their club but they need to realise that to a player it's a profession and their chance to improve the lot of their families. 

He's not broken any laws simply exercised his rights not to sign a new deal as we have done  in opting to sell him 

Thank goodness I was not too critical when he left  ?

I don't feel so bad now about wishing him well on his return

Oddball signing that doesn't seem to fit well with the club's youth policy but, then again, if he's on a modest salary, might be worth a rehabilitation job.  I've always thought that he was another Jason Holt.  Promises a lot but doesn't achieve so much.  If he's had a couple of years of injuries then maybe he'd be better getting his fitness up to par with somebody like John McGlynn at Raith Rovers, especially since they've recently rehabilitated Kevin Nisbett who's just moved on to Dunfermline.

Anyway, we'll see.  Maybe Naismith can help his game?

50 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Oddball signing that doesn't seem to fit well with the club's youth policy but, then again, if he's on a modest salary, might be worth a rehabilitation job.  I've always thought that he was another Jason Holt.  Promises a lot but doesn't achieve so much.  If he's had a couple of years of injuries then maybe he'd be better getting his fitness up to par with somebody like John McGlynn at Raith Rovers, especially since they've recently rehabilitated Kevin Nisbett who's just moved on to Dunfermline.

Anyway, we'll see.  Maybe Naismith can help his game?

Déjà vu

A_A wehatethehibs
On 28/12/2017 at 06:49, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Will be a sad thing if that’s his last game for hearts. A bit of a ghost at times but he did not look fit, thought he put everything he had into the game but he was a shadow of the former Jamie Walker - tragic. 300k from Wigan would do fine. 

We missed Cochrane tonight

Absolute visionary that was before we knew the fee #itk 

So it turns out that dreadful effort was not his last game for Hearts. Hope he comes back as a man on a mission to put that right.

He is a lucky lucky boy that Levein is the Hearts manager, I’m not sure if any other manager would sign him back.

• davemclaren locked this topic