The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

surely we can extend big Jons contract at any time so we dont need to rush to do it before the window SLAMS SHUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would rather get him tied up before Celtic start thinking about him.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

'The league where I could barely get a game, never mind score a goal is about the same level as the team that I have joined'. 

Carlisle fans must be delighted at that statement. 

Absolute poetry :lol: 

8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Interesting one - would suggest we have a striker coming in surely?

Or that Levein doesn't rate him that much.

8 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Mauro Icardi looks like joining Madrid for just under £100m. :( 

Cracking goalscorer . 

Zanatta going back out on loan is just as likely to be because of Amankwaa coming in rather than anticipating a new signing imo. 

Ronald Villiers
59 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Heard the same about that Swedish striker from Man City- diving toley, canny mind his name

And Henning Berg too..................................................

Is that the boy Guidetti or something?  He is a diving toley!  I'm sure he scored against Barca at the Nou Camp at the weekend aswell.

7 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Is that the boy Guidetti or something?  He is a diving toley!  I'm sure he scored against Barca at the Nou Camp at the weekend aswell.

yep, he scored for alaves, who he is on loan at from celta vigo

8 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Don’t know about last weekend but on the day we beat Hibs Alaves were 2-0 at home when he conceded a penalty that he was vehement in his effort to prove it hit him chest not arm, the other team (possibly Leganes?) scored it and then equalised with the last kick of the game from a free kick.

guidetti was already taken off before he got sent off and was dragged down the tunnel kicking and screaming 

karma is a bitch 

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Todorov loan spell cut short and back at Hearts

1 hour ago, hmfcRC said:

Not seen posted that Harry Paton is back out on loan to Stenhousemuir. http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6491

I would have liked to see both Paton and Zannata taking a step up a league.

jamboinglasgow

Mahrez has handed in a transfer request as Man City want him.

Arsenal and Chelsea have agreed a £18m deal for Giroud.

Things are really picking up pace down south. With other deals like Lucas Moura to Spurs, Aubameyang to Arsenal 

2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Bruno Alves is pish too, Carlton Cole, Olivier Kapo, James Beattie, Diouf, Henchoz, Jarosik, Gravesen, Braafheid, Juarez, Berkovic, Majstorovic, I could really go on for ever

there's been plenty of players who people just assume will walk this league who have flopped hard, our game is of poorer quality than europes top leagues however it is unique, it's not as simple as fifa

Yeah the superstar players who do well here over a long period have the right attitude - Laudrop and Larsson for example. Or they are part of teams full of very good players like some of the Rangers and Celtic teams around that era.

This current Celtic team has a lot of players who would never have got near previous Celtic teams so someone like Musonda will be slumming it to an extent in terms of the quality of his team mates. It's interesting that Celtic now seem to be going for loans and more young Scottish players (on the cheap of course). Aside from Dembele they haven't been as good under Rodgers as previous managers in terms of signing players to play for a couple of seasons then make a good profit on.

2 hours ago, Jamos said:

The league's are completely different styles, mostly due to the difference in technical ability. There is no way any EPL player in his first game here would be able to cope with the pace of the game or the "robustness", it is simply a different version of football. However, if the player has the technical ability and is young enough with the hunger still, he should adapt quickly and make his mark. Sadly the majority on that list were at the end of their careers and simply picking up one last pay check. 

Scott Sinclair is a decent example of how a poor EPL player can do well up here, treated like Maradona at Celtic but struggled every club he was at in the EPL, including a shockingly poor Villa team. I can see this lad doing very well at Celtic unfortunately.

Interesting

Players with a good attitude would do okay. Say Naismith. Maybe some of those listed earlier didn't have the heart for it. But agree younger players have a better chance. James Maddison is another who did very well in a short period and is now quoted for big move to EPL.

It does seem we are becoming a popular destination which is good in a way. 

But at the same time Celtic say they must have a Colts team they avoid playing their youngsters when it matters and go to Man City and Chelsea. 

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Mahrez has handed in a transfer request as Man City want him.

Arsenal and Chelsea have agreed a £18m deal for Giroud.

Things are really picking up pace down south. With other deals like Lucas Moura to Spurs, Aubameyang to Arsenal 

Great buy for that fee.

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Levein saying he hopes to get 2 more in ...

Well he'd better get a move on.

7 minutes ago, Star24 said:

SSN reporting stokes has left Hibs. Pleasing 

Saw this on hobo.net - congratulating popcorn on making a tough decision.

then someone said i hope hes not silly and signs for hearts

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I reckon any deals will already be done and it’ll just be a case of announcing them tomorrow.

levein keeping things close to his chest i would say.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Glad he said that he would only look to get more in if the quality was good enough. 

queensferryjambo
16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We have a day left. Unlike Hibs.............

Neil Lennon was saying on the Radio it was unfair that Hibs were playing on deadline day :facepalm:

18 minutes ago, Star24 said:

Wonder if they had to pay him off, certainly hope so. 

Cant see him leaving with no cash. 

Does anyone know if Lewis Vaughan's contract is up at the end of the season with raith? I think he'd be a replacement for eh............ Stockton, Edinburgh born and would be nice to have a good Scottish striker.

3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Wonder if they had to pay him off, certainly hope so. 

Cant see him leaving with no cash. 

Sounds like he has walked by mutual consent with no payment. Interesting to see what develops and if the truth will come out 

Portable Badger
29 minutes ago, Star24 said:

Is it?   I was hoping he'd stay stealing a huge salary meaning the Vermin were burning money, can't afford to bring in someone else, a shite player causing further disharmony amongst the squad. 

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Could be wrong but he’s been around long enough to know that saying this will only raise expectation, am hoping that he’s playing the press and knows they’re already in the pipeline 

6 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Is it?   I was hoping he'd stay stealing a huge salary meaning the Vermin were burning money, can't afford to bring in someone else, a shite player causing further disharmony amongst the squad. 

Probably hibs where delighted with this to get him off pay roll and get rid of a problem player. Guys an idiot.

Portable Badger
Just now, it_hearts said:

Probably hibs where delighted with this to get him off pay roll and get rid of a problem player. Guys an idiot.

The Vermin will be over the moon but still be moaning that they never got a £5m fee for the twat !!

5 minutes ago, Swimmer_Jambo said:

He looks a player on You Tube! how many loan signings will that be? It would be good if these loan players came with an option for us to sign the player at the end of the loan spell. 

RustyRightPeg

Swiss based Joaquin Adao from F.C. Sion now confirmed by Banderson. This is the  25 year old mentioned yesterday 

All roads lead to Gorgie
34 minutes ago, Swimmer_Jambo said:

"Known for his combative streak and passing ability"  Collum and co will be licking their lips!

RustyRightPeg
26 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Does anyone know if we’ve got the option to buy at the end? 

No. Existing deal up in 2020, very unlikely.

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Fair enough, just wondering with all these loan deals we’ve got in. Will have to replace another 5 players in the summer if all loans go back to parent clubs. 

11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Doesnt mean much. Why would Sion be happy to let him leave at this stage of his contract if he was firmly in their plans.....it’s not like he’s 19 and just breaking through. They clearly want rid for whatever reason.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Looking online he got that deal at the beginning of last year, this season he has only made 3 appearances. So there could still be a deal in the loan as the club may have changed their view on him.

28 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Fair enough, just wondering with all these loan deals we’ve got in. Will have to replace another 5 players in the summer if all loans go back to parent clubs. 

Yip. Some short term stuff to see us through until the summer.

Significant recruitment required in the summer once again 

Suspect that will include some keeper 

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I reckon any deals will already be done and it’ll just be a case of announcing them tomorrow.

levein keeping things close to his chest i would say.

Let's hope so because we need bodies.

2 hours ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Does anyone know if Lewis Vaughan's contract is up at the end of the season with raith? I think he'd be a replacement for eh............ Stockton, Edinburgh born and would be nice to have a good Scottish striker.

Maybe he's coming now that we've allowed Zanatta to return there

jamboinglasgow

Exciting to think their could be a player who signs tomorrow who we dont know who they are yet, I do like a surprise.

Though I think anyone who signs tomorrow, they wont be a big exciting player as I think we would have heard something by now, either through the press or by an ITK poster hinting it. (the rumours from the weekend of an exciting player signing have gone quiet.)

12 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Maybe he's coming now that we've allowed Zanatta to return there

if that is the case would rather have Zanatta

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Is this because the primary target isnt available until Summer now if at all?

Archived