The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only if Rangers came out of Admin or Liquidation. If they went to the wall this summer Hamilton would probably get pennies in the pound. 

So must be a personal guarantee legally binding. 

Otherwise its worthless. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So must be a personal guarantee legally binding. 

Otherwise its worthless. 

Must be a personal guarantee. For what that’s worth if they go bust and he is in SA. Hamilton will find it hard to enforce unless funds have been put in escrow which is unlikely. 

Dagger Is Back
14 hours ago, BM1874 said:

That deal is absolutely bananas for Hamilton.

Crystal Palace and Swansea (I think) linked to him, would have paid the fee up front but despite being on the financial edge they won’t see a penny for 7 months?

The OF tentacles reach many unexpected places don't they? Absolutely sickening how much control and influence the Uglies have

Bazzas right boot
On 26/01/2018 at 20:11, Pagey said:

Hope we tie big Jon down quick with Lewis out for the sheep due to his knee injury. Can see them coming in with an offer!

If his wife isn't sure of Edinburgh, no chance they'll go up north.

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

true, more concerned now with Gordon's injury that a bigger money deal isn't forthcoming from the West conveniently before Tuesday's game. Maybe his missus would be ok with that.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pagey said:

true, more concerned now with Gordon's injury that a bigger money deal isn't forthcoming from the West conveniently before Tuesday's game. Maybe his missus would be ok with that.

Aye, more likley tbh.

We need to get him tied down, if not get working on plan b.

10 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Celtic are a bigger concern now. Double his wages to sit on the bench may appeal to him . 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Celtic are a bigger concern now. Double his wages to sit on the bench may appeal to him . 

Hes playing fantastically easily a shout to get a call up therefore id imagine sitting on a bench isnt what hes looking for ?

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Kilmarnock may be getting a £5 million player on loan from Aston Villa..

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/01/blogs/championship/kilmarnock-closing-in-on-tshibola-loan/

Fair play to Clarke. He's doing a stand up job at Killie. Doubtful he'll be there past the summer and IMO he'd be an excellent candidate for the Scotland job if he wants it. 

35 minutes ago, OTT said:

Fair play to Clarke. He's doing a stand up job at Killie. Doubtful he'll be there past the summer and IMO he'd be an excellent candidate for the Scotland job if he wants it. 

Hes the only possible candidate i can think of thats not got any real negatives. The positives may be limited i dont know enough of his career to judge but other than MoN after they binned Strachan there seemed no plan B. I seriously struggle to think of anyone that jumps out at you as a candidate.

tartofmidlothian

Last few days. How many do we expect in and out this week? I'll go 2 in, 0 out, but maybe a couple of young lads out on loan.

12 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Last few days. How many do we expect in and out this week? I'll go 2 in, 0 out, but maybe a couple of young lads out on loan.

2 out and 3 in.

Noring released and Martin will go out on loan somewhere. 2 strikers and a midfielder in.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

2 out and 3 in.

Noring released and Martin will go out on loan somewhere. 2 strikers and a midfielder in.

Fecking hope so.

What's the deal with Conor Sammon?

Can he be recalled?

Will he be recalled?

Should he be recalled?

Seems to of found his shooting boots.

Still bloody slow though.

GorgieRules22

Lafferty won't be here come Wednesday night. There seems to be a lot of speculation and it's either Hearts putting word out that he's available or his agent is trying to get him a move. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Lafferty won't be here come Wednesday night. There seems to be a lot of speculation and it's either Hearts putting word out that he's available or his agent is trying to get him a move. 

Smart money is on that scenario I think 

Walter Bishop

Said this on Lafferty thread, he will be away imo.

Think the whole Lafferty thing is going to come down to money. I genuinely believe we want him to stay and he wants to stay, But the guy has a lifestyle where it would be beneficial if he was earning more money. I dont think we will be hard to deal with if a good offer comes in.

12 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Yep.One of those two scenarios.He'll be gone.Can feel it in my bones.So that's two strikers we will need as going by the Levein interview,he talks of needing one striker while talking of Lafferty as still being one of the squad.

One things for sure, it’s going to be an interesting, and frantic 72 hours ( can’t be arsed counting down the exact amount of time left) and with the Lafferty rumour gathering pace, it will have to be productive. Think the next indicator will be seeing whether Lafferty travels tomorrow.

15 hours ago, OTT said:

I'm not so sure, his success seems to be based on doing well in the transfer market, we'd need to see more of him over a longer period before I'd be anywhere near convinced personally

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not so sure, his success seems to be based on doing well in the transfer market, we'd need to see more of him over a longer period before I'd be anywhere near convinced personally

Clarke made a turn around with the players he already had. Is getting more out of them all. Isnt a massive indicator when you think who was there before , however he is well respected in football circles as far as i understand 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Clarke made a turn around with the players he already had. Is getting more out of them all. Isnt a massive indicator when you think who was there before , however he is well respected in football circles as far as i understand 

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against him, I just don't think he's anywhere near proven he's an international manager. I'm probably under playing what he's done a bit to be fair, but the guy's managerial career is less than four months old

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:12, jambocub said:

Now that Sammon is scoring regularly for the Jags why not a cheeky swap for Blair Spittal ( some cash also needed probably ), CL knows him well, still young with potential, very classy exciting player. Cl is working hard during this window with comings and goings, has done good business and is bit by bit re-building the squad post -Cathro. I am not worried whether  Laff leaves or stays, a good offer will not be refused. A new striker should arrive either way, along with a midfielder and progress will continue, exciting times and back on the rails.

Thought Police

This is what irks me about the January transfer window. If we lose Lafferty we have to instantly try to shoe horn one or two new signings into the team, and hope for instant results.

rudi must stay
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If he's around and keeps managing at this level, every time I've read his comments I've been impressed with his attitude, then they're really going places

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against him, I just don't think he's anywhere near proven he's an international manager. I'm probably under playing what he's done a bit to be fair, but the guy's managerial career is less than four months old

Said somewhere that I just cant think of a standout candidate. Suggesting Lennon to me is ludicrous , be a hibs/celtic select , risk alienating a good percentage of the support etc. Looking around MacInnes is ok but he gets caught short tactically a lot when it matters. After him??? Owen Coyle came to Ross C with an ok rep but hasnt done much with what he had. That would lead to questions about his ability. The best football mind in Scotland has been there done it and is firmly entrenched in our club. Where do you go? 

The SFA needs a clear out top to bottom , Regan , Doncaster etc are not forward thinking and we fall further behind the ROW. The idea of the Colts shows just how much this country revolves around two clubs not the rest nor the national team. We have too many league clubs as it is , its just a shambles. 

Managerwise , due to all the above. Clarke may well be best placed to take it on , but if approached he’d see it as the poisoned chalice it is at the moment i think

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

It’ll be a very poor decision by the club to let him go with 72 hours remaining of the window.. maybe the summer but do not let him leave before then we need to add to the current squad not let important players depart we shouldn’t be in the position to become a selling club!

16 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

It’ll be a very poor decision by the club to let him go with 72 hours remaining of the window.. maybe the summer but do not let him leave before then we need to add to the current squad not let important players depart we shouldn’t be in the position to become a selling club!

When have we not been a selling club? We always have and always will be.

23 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

So, we are planning on getting rid of all our forwards this window? Then take gambles on bringing new forwards, probably from overseas, before the end of the window? Risky

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Adding a few things up and talking of Clarke and Kilmarnock. I wonder if Mulumbu is the sitting midfielder on the radar since Kilmarnock are pulling in another one. 

Thinking out loud. No more

I think Lafferty will go. I’m not too concerned about the time to replace him thing. It’s not like we would be starting from scratch in trying to buy a replacement, we will have made contact about a few players and much of the work will already have been done regarding their recruitment. How good they are is another matter. Lafferty is harder to replace than Stockton for example. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
11 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

So, we are planning on getting rid of all our forwards this window? Then take gambles on bringing new forwards, probably from overseas, before the end of the window? Risky

Very risky will be a very poor decision by the club if they choose to let him go 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

When have we not been a selling club? We always have and always will be.

Theres been a good few times over the last couple years we have stood our ground on players but now any chance we get to off load players we seem to be doing that..

2 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Theres been a good few times over the last couple years we have stood our ground on players but now any chance we get to off load players we seem to be doing that..

Every player at hearts or any other club have their price.If anybody offers £1m for lafferty he will be away.

4 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

There's standing our ground and "not becoming a selling club".

We're not in a position to be turning away decent transfer fees.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Of course “ every club “ has a price for a player however I wouldn’t let Lafferty, go for 1 million right now. 

Maybe 2 mill if somebody would pay that which is unlikely. But our aim for this season should be top 4 qualifying for Europe, Scottish cup run selling Lafferty 72 hours before the window closes probably unable to replace him with similar quality is the wrong descion. Would rather a season of Europe and cup runs than sitting with 1 million that certainly won’t be reinvested into players that’s for sure. 

Jambof3tornado

Well I'm glad we don't get all our business done at the start of the window. I much prefer the madness during the last 48 to 72 hours of it!

Pretty sure I was moaning at the start we should be better organised!!!

If lafferty goes for good money it will benefit the club, he has been a bit disappointing to be honest but I'd happily keep him too, to see how he settles in the 2nd part of the season.

2 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Every player at hearts or any other club have their price.If anybody offers £1m for lafferty he will be away.

Let's be honest £1m will be incredible for a guy we got for nothing and has been here a mere matter of months.I like Lafferty but £1m is an easy turn over in profit.

I don't think he will go anywhere imo.Probobly mostly paper talk today although there is a bit of truth in it,I know a Chinese club were interested a couple of weeks ago.

Still can't see it happening 2 days before window shuts.

22 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I think Lafferty will go. I’m not too concerned about the time to replace him thing. It’s not like we would be starting from scratch in trying to buy a replacement, we will have made contact about a few players and much of the work will already have been done regarding their recruitment. How good they are is another matter. Lafferty is harder to replace than Stockton for example. 

I had thought this myself. Would Killie be within their rights to ask for big money? Class player.

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

We are playing Celtic this week - so speculation will be rife

At least we play on Tuesday

Tough playing games on last day of transfer window when deals are being concluded. 

Archived