The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of pre-contract opportunities.

Would like to see Templeton, Crawford, Sibbald and perhaps Russell at Morton looked at as potential signings.

August Landmesser

That's a weird signing for Celtic. A 32 year-old, ineligible for the Europa league, so he'll be 33 in the champions league qualifiers, having played nothing but Scottish football for 6 months. 

Weird.

That's Rodgers for you, though. A weirdo.

33 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Lots of pre-contract opportunities.

Would like to see Templeton, Crawford, Sibbald and perhaps Russell at Morton looked at as potential signings.

I’ll have a pint of what you’re drinking big chap!

Lucille's Thirsty
20 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

That's a weird signing for Celtic. A 32 year-old, ineligible for the Europa league, so he'll be 33 in the champions league qualifiers, having played nothing but Scottish football for 6 months. 

Weird.

Agreed.

Rodgers made some terrible signings at Liverpool.

Borini

Assaidi 

Balotelli

Luis Alberto

He was in charge when they bought Sturridge, Firmino, Lallana but it was widely reported that they weren’t his signing, more the committee that Liverpool pushed them onto him.

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, jambo mark said:

I’ll have a pint of what you’re drinking big chap!

I’ll take a pint if there going! 

Don’t fancy templeton myself, although he was a cracking player when last with us, I don’t see him ever getting close to the sort of player he once was. 

7 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I’ll take a pint if there going! 

Don’t fancy templeton myself, although he was a cracking player when last with us, I don’t see him ever getting close to the sort of player he once was. 

He was the best player on the park at Tynecastle a few weeks ago.  

I'd take Temps in a heart beat. Got himself fitter and would appreciate the second chance to play for a big club.

56 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'd take Temps in a heart beat. Got himself fitter and would appreciate the second chance to play for a big club.

This

SuperstarSteve
2 hours ago, Smith&Weston said:

It is easy to see why a lot of folk want him back tbh, i’d just like to see him get through the full season injury free before showing any interest. Saying that, if he does come back, I’ll gladly eat my words if he pulls off another mazy run and goal against the vermin. 

Салатные палочки

Celtic have apparently also signed Lewis Morgan from St Mirren.  

48 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Celtic have apparently also signed Lewis Morgan from St Mirren.  

Looks very much like the only reason they've signed him is to prevent another team doing so. Will probably end up like Ciftci, Allan, Christie, GMS etc etc, either sent out on loan or warming their bench.

3 hours ago, Musemic said:

Looks very much like the only reason they've signed him is to prevent another team doing so. Will probably end up like Ciftci, Allan, Christie, GMS etc etc, either sent out on loan or warming their bench.

Aye silly laddie. Obviously will be on decent wages but will it make up for the career stall? 

15 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Weird.

He's fairly clueless when it comes to defenders and defending in general.

jamboinglasgow

The sun reporting Liam Henderson is going to Bari on a trial with the aim to earn a move there (does not say if for a loan or premenent.) Bari are second in seria B.

Looks very likely that Walker, Martin, Smith-Brown and Nowak will be away in January.

Not ITK or anything, just they appear on the Hearts calendar for January and February, so are bound to be gone!

Like most I suspect I would prefer Scots to foreigners although a guy called Skacel and about 25 others did ok.

On 22/12/2017 at 13:39, RobNox said:

Looks very likely that Walker, Martin, Smith-Brown and Nowak will be away in January.

Not ITK or anything, just they appear on the Hearts calendar for January and February, so are bound to be gone!

Calendar is the kiss of death to many a Hearts career!

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Andy Halliday and Michael O'Halloran to come back to Rangers from loans

don't  you mean going back to rangers ? :D

It's great that following that 4-0 pumping we gave tic plus our general improvement the transfer window is not quite the code red it was a few weeks ago, important but no need to panic buy.

Captain Canada

I think Walker, Novak, Martin, Smith-Brown, Noring, Stockton, (on loan) and possibly Hamilton (on loan) will potentially go in January.

That would generate a bit of cash (Walker) and free up some wages to improve the balance of the squad. 

We'll definitely sign a left back, probably a keeper on a short term deal, a central defender and maybe a centre mid and a striker with a bit of pace. Five in and five out on permanent deals is the least we need to do. 

We're pretty one dimensional at the moment and it would be great to have individuals who could create more through outpacing defenders.

Arnold Rothstein
On 21/12/2017 at 06:58, Smith&Weston said:

While I’ll acknowledge he played well that day  he wasn’t close to being the best player on the park. 

fabienleclerq

Bad move for Morgan, surely he must be a sign him and loan him right away job?

Id like to see us bring in a striker, cummings would be rather funny! Stevie Mallen appears to be available and we need some width so a winger or two. Left back is essential.

Tough window to get what you want though, it'll end up a couple of short term fixes until the summer.

God like creature

I'll go happy with a left back and an exciting midfielder who has pace,

coupled with a good off load of players.

4 hours ago, feedthefox said:

It's great that following that 4-0 pumping we gave tic plus our general improvement the transfer window is not quite the code red it was a few weeks ago, important but no need to panic buy.

That could all change tomorrow night.. 

Psychedelicropcircle

A gadge I know who works in the Scottish media sports  side of things reckons the Walker deal to Wigan is close & is cash + a player. & version 2 is gonna plough in with a bid for McGinn.

been accurate in the past although he always insists it’s all hearsay!

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

A gadge I know who works in the Scottish media sports  side of things reckons the Walker deal to Wigan is close & is cash + a player. & version 2 is gonna plough in with a bid for McGinn.

been accurate in the past although he always insists it’s all hearsay!

I'd hazard a guess at Josh Gregory.

Hibby brother-in-law reckons Walker, Lafferty and Isma are all out the door. Apparently Budge feels they're "too problematic".

Hibs.net pish of the highest order, I reckon...

4 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Hibby brother-in-law reckons Walker, Lafferty and Isma are all out the door. Apparently Budge feels they're "too problematic".

Aye well unless Wigan send up someone like Will Grigg for Walker there's no ****ing way we are letting all 3 of those leave in January. 

The fans love Lafferty. Problematic or not at the moment he is good for the club. He is one of the only players the fans have truly got behind this season. 

8 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Bad move for Morgan, surely he must be a sign him and loan him right away job?

Id like to see us bring in a striker, cummings would be rather funny! Stevie Mallen appears to be available and we need some width so a winger or two. Left back is essential.

Tough window to get what you want though, it'll end up a couple of short term fixes until the summer.

Would be a terrible move for Morgan. Am

i that short sighted that I can’t fathom why a pay increase is worth wasting valuable years of the guys career just to say “I’m a member of the Celtic squad” ? 

As as far as I know Mallan isn’t available.

he actually (eventually) made his debut for Barnsley yesterday so would be very surprised if they gave him a debut to punt him. Wouldn’t say no to him though..

11 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

In other news, pigs fly 

Lafferty well and truely turning over a new leaf

has gone on record stating how much he appreciates Budge Levein MacPhee and daly support, how much he feels valued by our fans and how much he enjoys being here, not to mention his Mrs saying she’s taking him to church every Sunday and he’s changed.

inhope he stays as long as we can, he’s been brilliant for us

34 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Although we need a few in, I'm not convinced we will do much this window. Cash is still extremely tight.

I think the opposite to be honest, the £200-300k from the cup tie won't have been budgeted for. Neither will the £400k 'solidarity' payment for Celtic's appearances in the group stages of the CL in addition to a possible £300k for Walker.

I'd guess we'll see Walker, Smith-Brown and 2 or three others leaving with 4 or 5 new faces coming in.

Walter Bishop

I wouldnt be surprised to see Walker sign a pre-contract with Rangers. 

Our big issue has to be a striker and a central midfielder. Left back not such an issue now with Randall cementing rb frees up Smith to play on left.

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Although we need a few in, I'm not convinced we will do much this window. Cash is still extremely tight.

This. I think we may struggle to force some out the door....noring for example.

Walter Bishop
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We still require an 'established' left back, Walter.

Id have to disagree. "Established" is going to cost, money can be spent better elsewhere. Smith can play there, hes too good to leave out and Randall has been superb playing rb the last few weeks. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We still require an 'established' left back, Walter.

Anyone who does not see this has not been watching move after move running out because there is no left foot to cross the ball.

The Apprentice
9 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Id have to disagree. "Established" is going to cost, money can be spent better elsewhere. Smith can play there, hes too good to leave out and Randall has been superb playing rb the last few weeks. 

As much as I like Smith, it was clear to see in the St Johnstone game at the weekend we need a natural left back. Not his fault but the play halted every time the ball got played out to him as he had to keep turning inside to his right foot. 

LarrysRightFoot

The Sun are linking Hibs with Stevie Mallan.

i see the Pars are linked with Connor Shields of Albion Rovers - who has also been linked with a couple of English clubs. Got to admit I haven’t heard of him but I am sure the club are aware of him. 

2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

If I had a hibs supporting brother in law , and if he were to say this to me, I'd probably just think that he was being an idiot again and laugh in his face.

Psychedelicropcircle
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'd hazard a guess at Josh Gregory.

Couldnt get a name or position outta him☝️

3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

I stopped reading at "hibby brother in law reckons"

11 hours ago, God like creature said:

I'll go happy with a left back and an exciting midfielder who has pace,

coupled with a good off load of players.

Heard a rumour that a Wigan lad currently on loan to Oldham might be part of the Walker deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Byrne_(footballer)

No idea if its true and not iTK  just told by a guy at work

On 27/12/2017 at 11:01, LarrysRightFoot said:

The Sun are linking Hibs with Stevie Mallan.

i see the Pars are linked with Connor Shields of Albion Rovers - who has also been linked with a couple of English clubs. Got to admit I haven’t heard of him but I am sure the club are aware of him. 

Sure he made his debut for his new club at the weekend. Barnsley I think 

I'd have Paul Paton to bolster and put a bit of aggression to the midfield and a couple of Left sided players , wingers/fullbacks. And last but not least, an out and out striker.

Dagger Is Back
On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:29, HighTimes said:

Heard a rumour that a Wigan lad currently on loan to Oldham might be part of the Walker deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Byrne_(footballer)

No idea if its true and not iTK  just told by a guy at work

10 appearances in 18 months! Hope not. Seems Wigan don't fancy him and we just can't afford to carry passengers

rudi must stay
Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

10 appearances in 18 months! Hope not. Seems Wigan don't fancy him and we just can't afford to carry passengers

Looks like he has a good pedigree, if it was permanent this could be an excellent signing. I wouldn't want another loan signing

Archived