Youth Cup @ Kilmarnock

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Team

Mason C.Hamilton B.Gajda Baur Brandon Sandison Petkov Paton Irving Morrison Keena

Subs: W.Gajda C.Smith Reid Ritchie Makova

scott herbertson

Few guys out due to first team involvement - going to be tough for them - is Marc Leonard injured, and ditto with Euan Henderson who has featured in the first team squad recently I think?

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Few guys out due to first team involvement - going to be tough for them - is Marc Leonard injured, and ditto with Euan Henderson who has featured in the first team squad recently I think?

I know that Henderson was injured, but I don't know about Marc Leonard. I did mention in another thread a week or two back that I thought he was being watched by other clubs' scouts.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's quite a strong side.  I saw them play Hibs at the Oriam last week and Higgins, Muanda and Samizadeh all impressed, although Frizzell is probably the best of the bunch and has played several games for the first team. (37 games and 3 goals according to Wiki)

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I know that Henderson was injured, but I don't know about Marc Leonard. I did mention in another thread a week or two back that I thought he was being watched by other clubs' scouts.

Cheers FF - I meant ‘hasn’t featured’ for Henderson so thanks for clarifying. Be good to see how Morrison and Keena do

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

Who is the lad Makova? 

It's Leeroy Makovora.  He's an U16 striker who was previously with Tranent Colts.

There is now a big Eastern European surname of talent out there now. Very technically gifted players with the odd exception. Thousands of them dual nationality too.

40 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

What's the contract situation with Leonard? Do we have to wait until he's 16 to the him up or is that all sorted?

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, andydog said:

What's the contract situation with Leonard? Do we have to wait until he's 16 to the him up or is that all sorted?

He reportedly "signed" a three year deal according to the club.  I don't know if that's legally enforceable at age 15 though.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5979

29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He reportedly "signed" a three year deal according to the club.  I don't know if that's legally enforceable at age 15 though.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5979

Cheers. Seems a strange one. Heard a lot of very good things about him so hopefully whatever the situation is he is here to realise his potential. 

Baur Petkov and Irving showing well for us and I made it half a dozen decent efforts to maybe 3 from Killie. Both sides missed a clear chance before Keena’s goal.

3 minutes ago, novoman said:

Great time to score, cmon the young jambos. 

Is anyone one that’s posting on here actually at the game ?

Muss and it’s bloody freezing, just had a downpour of hail!!

scott herbertson
Just now, RobbofordGHC said:

Muss and it’s bloody freezing, just had a downpour of hail!!

Thanks for the updates, Muss :laugh:

Seriously its great to have someone let us know what is going on

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Thanks for the updates, Muss :laugh:

Seriously its great to have someone let us know what is going on

Ha! Fingers are so cold I can’t type properly!

Just as I was about to ask this it goes 1-1 :lol: but i’ll go anyway.

The 20s appear to have picked up since he took over from Daly, do we have a potentially good future manager or is it more down to having a quite talented group of players? 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, RobbofordGHC said:

Queen on for Petkov

Ritchie I hope. Queen is one of the Killie subs (who previously played for Hearts)

Footballfirst

Killie's match report

A double from Innes Cameron helped Kilmarnock reach the next round of the Scottish FA Youth Cup with a 3-1 win over Hearts.

Aidan Keena gave the visitors the lead with a header off the underside of the bar after both sides had squandered chances in the opening stages at Rugby Park.

But it was to be Cameron who changed the complexion of the tie, making a difference with his power and finishing ability.

The striker's first saw him find space to squeeze the ball through Kelby Mason's legs at the ball trickled over the line.

His second saw him rewarded for chasing what appeared to be a lost cause but a mix up between goalkeeper Mason and defender Bartolemiej Gadja. Cameron continued his run and stole in ahead of the pair to tap home.

Killie were now dominating the match and Alex Samizadeh gave the crowd a goal to savour.

With his back to goal, he produced a crisp turn before unleashing a lovely curling shot past Mason.

Hearts tried to find a way back into the match but some fine defending from the home side ensured Killie's name will be in the hat for the fifth round. 

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Hibs knock out Celtic on penalties to reach the final

Well pleased hearing that fantastic news

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Tongue and Cheek

F T H  and Celtic while I'm at it

Mate, that was horrible!

Archived