Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

Felix Lighter

Bit of a noob question here. I've had some alt coin sat in my exodus wallet for a couple of years that I want to swap. When I input the the transaction it seems I'm losing a chunk of money in the process. ie $200 of my existing coin becomes $170 of the coin I want to swap too. Where is the $30 going?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ray Gin
1 hour ago, Felix Lighter said:

Bit of a noob question here. I've had some alt coin sat in my exodus wallet for a couple of years that I want to swap. When I input the the transaction it seems I'm losing a chunk of money in the process. ie $200 of my existing coin becomes $170 of the coin I want to swap too. Where is the $30 going?

Exodus stings you for conversion fees iirc.

Try flyp.me 

IronJambo
1 hour ago, Felix Lighter said:

What blockchain is the token on? For example, gas fees on Ethereum are brutal and that would look right for a token on that chain. 

Felix Lighter
4 hours ago, IronJambo said:

What blockchain is the token on? For example, gas fees on Ethereum are brutal and that would look right for a token on that chain. 

Thanks I didn't know that. Everyday is a school day. Yeah it's on Ethereum. Also the the one I'm swapping wants to hold on to a chunk as well so I'm losing at both ends of the transaction. Although, there is now not going to be a transaction- whilst I had enough tokens to cover the minimum required just a few hours ago, I've logged back in just now and the minimum requirement has now jumped and taken it out my range meaning I'd need to buy more of the token I want to get rid of to do the swap.  :th_Rage2: WTAF.

Felix Lighter
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Exodus stings you for conversion fees iirc.

Try flyp.me 

I've just had a look at that. It doesn't seem to support a very large range of different tokens. 

IronJambo
On 20/03/2024 at 01:42, Felix Lighter said:

Thanks I didn't know that. Everyday is a school day. Yeah it's on Ethereum. Also the the one I'm swapping wants to hold on to a chunk as well so I'm losing at both ends of the transaction. Although, there is now not going to be a transaction- whilst I had enough tokens to cover the minimum required just a few hours ago, I've logged back in just now and the minimum requirement has now jumped and taken it out my range meaning I'd need to buy more of the token I want to get rid of to do the swap.  :th_Rage2: WTAF.

Eth gas is usually less costly when the USA is sleeping. 7am-11am our time roughly. 

IronJambo

@That thing you do what's your thoughts on Venom?

Looks to me like it's going to be massive. Despite that I won't be partaking in it as I'm knee deep in another layer zero.

That thing you do

Don't know Venom myself

However, I've been mostly working on my own projects white paper (Currently being reviewed by a select group prior to release) and enjoying the feedback

hughesie27

Seen some lovely volume recently. Over $2 Million traded yesterday.