Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

Dean Winchester
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I read that Ripple's biggest market is Japan, it could be as simple as a boom in awareness due to a mention on a TV show or something

There was an announcement yesterday regarding banks and credit cards adopting the technology in Japan but I had put yesterdays jump in price down to that. Seems strange that it would still be pushing it up a couple of days later.

Edit: Maybe Coinbase is preparing to unleash Ripple on their site. Same kind of thing happened with Bitcoin Cash... Another wee bit of insider trading perhaps.

Edited by Dean Winchester

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rudolf's Mate

How many times do you watch something and the price goes up and you say ‘I’ll just wait till it dips a bit’ however the price keeps going up and up :rofl:

Rudolf's Mate
15 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

There was an announcement yesterday regarding banks and credit cards adopting the technology in Japan but I had put yesterdays jump in price down to that. Seems strange that it would still be pushing it up a couple of days later.

Edit: Maybe Coinbase is preparing to unleash Ripple on their site. Same kind of thing happened with Bitcoin Cash... Another wee bit of insider trading perhaps.

Please don’t say that. I’ve just this second transferred money into CB via Litecoin and onto Binance with the intention of getting Ripple ?

3069E372-3C8E-486D-BAE6-EA5F3C6843DB.jpeg

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

HeartOfWestLothian
3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Made £20 on it last night alone.

Pray it ends up pricing like Ethereum haha

Due to it’s supply Ripple would pretty much have to be the biggest company in the world by far for pricing like that.

Even if it hits Bitcoins current market cap (which I do think is possible) it would be around $8 or so. Still good returns though. 

Keeping an eye on the TokenPay group charge for any news when I saw an American complaining bitterly about not being allowed to take part in the ICO. He was told firmly by an admin that they don't want the unexpected expense of becoming SEC compliant in america in time for launch and that Americans would have to wait until going live on markets - he replied "I thought we above the law" :laugh:

Good ole amerikee!

41 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Up 4000% by 2019.... 

wishful thinking lol

It's not that mental if rumours of south Korea backing it turn out to be true

Rudolf's Mate
33 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

How is Binance compared to Coinbase if anybody has made the switch?

Im still relatively new to it however it seems decent. Probably not quite as user friendly as CB but that might be due to me not having had a good look at it. Example is CB broke everything down giving you a GBP total for each coin. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but Binance gives you a crypto total for each item and a monetary combined total in USD. I’m guessing you might be able to change it to GBP however it would be good if they gave a breakdown for each coin. 

Someone else might know know better though.

Ultimately Binance is great if you want to dabble in other coins other that what’s on CB.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Up 4000% by 2019.... 

wishful thinking lol

I keep an eye on NEO on Reddit, somethings happened in the last half hour or so that they're very excited about, we'll hopefully be glad we're hodling soon!

HeartOfWestLothian

I'm glad there's a few fellow NEO holders on here. 

Anyone who is currently in the crypto scene I would suggest looking at NEO and seeing all that it offers and getting in now because this will be 3 figures in the not too near future. 

It doesn't make sense that NEO is only worth approximately one tenth of Ethereum. 

HeartOfWestLothian

I also bought some Ripple the other day. 

I am not really interested in Ripple but it's heavily rumoured to be the next coin on Coinbase so once that happens the price will probably surge further. 

6 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

I'm glad there's a few fellow NEO holders on here. 

Anyone who is currently in the crypto scene I would suggest looking at NEO and seeing all that it offers and getting in now because this will be 3 figures in the not too near future. 

It doesn't make sense that NEO is only worth approximately one tenth of Ethereum. 

Looks like that surge has stalled already but yeah, it seems like an obviously strong contender

Rudolf's Mate

Seen ****ing tons of stuff about Verge and Wraith protocol about to be announced. Being honest I’ve not got a ****ing scooby wtf it means however nearly everyone commenting on it is saying that if it gets announced it’ll rocket. The problem is there are quite a few saying they’ve got doubts it will. 

Anyway at 10c I’ve grabbed 200. 

Someone was asking about Binance, here's a decent review - a lot of text so I've spoilered it

Spoiler

Binance Exchange Review
Binance is an up and coming cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on crypto-to-crypto trading. The platform has started to gain popularity in the blockchain community thanks to its impressive coin offerings and insanely low trading fees.

Although the company was launched just a few months ago (via ICO), the exchange is already being promoted as a good alternative to Bittrex.

How It Works

There are two options for trading platforms on Binance: Basic and Advanced. I’ll be primarily covering the Basic trading option in this article, but you can check out the Advanced view below. There are not many differences between the two views with the exception of being able to do more detailed technical analysis in the Advanced view

Even the Basic view is fairly complex and not ideal if you’re just starting to invest. It’s obvious that Binance was not created for the casual investor. The main dashboard has several charts and graphs including the order books, a candlestick chart, as well as the trade history. There’s also a depth chart of the orders that you can view in a separate tab from the candlestick chart.

To begin trading, you first need to fund your account. To do so, click on the “Deposits Withdrawals” link under the “Funds” tab.

On the “Deposits and Withdrawals” page, choose which cryptocurrency you’d like to fund your account with and click “Deposit”. Binance provides you with a public wallet address to send your funds. I recommend that you fund your account using either Bitcoin or Ethereum because those are the two coins with the most trading pairs. This gives you greater flexibility when trading.

Once your account has some funds, you can start investing. Navigate back to the exchange dashboard by clicking “Basic” under the “Exchange” tab in the upper left-hand corner.

On Binance, you’re only able to make limit and market orders. With the complexity of the interface, I would expect there to be more advanced trading options, but those things may be added as the company matures and grows.

Trading Fees

Binance currently charges a flat 0.1% fee on each trade. For an exchange that doesn’t use a fee schedule, this is one of the lowest fees I’ve seen.

If you pay using their own token (BNB), you currently receive a 50% discount on the trading fee – bringing it down to 0.05%. With this discount, Binance easily has the lowest fees in the industry.

Available Cryptocurrencies

Binance has a vast selection of coins with pairings to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Tether. Some of the available coins are:

ArkBitcoinBitcoin CashBitcoin GoldDashEOSEthereumEthereum ClassicIOTA (Binance is one of only two major exchanges where you can buy IOTA)LitecoinNeoOmiseGo+36 more coins 

Many investors like Binance because they offer coins that often aren’t listed on other exchanges such as Bitcoin Gold, IOTA, and Walton Coin.

Transfer Limits

Binance is strictly a cryptocurrency exchange, so you’re not able to fund your account with fiat currency.

You can only deposit cryptocurrency funds, but there’s no limit on the amount that you can deposit. There are also no fees on any of your deposits.

The amount that you can withdraw each day is determined by your verification tier. Without submitting any verification details, you’re placed at Level 1 and can withdraw up to 2 BTC worth of cryptocurrency a day.

To be classified as Level 2, you need to enable either two-factor authentication or Google Authenticator. Right now, only Chinese numbers are supported for two-factor authentication.

Following that, you need to provide:

First nameLast nameGenderCountryPassport IDPassport photoSelfie with passport 

With Level 2 verification, your daily withdrawal limit increases to 100 BTC.

Company Trust

I’ve been increasingly interested in Binance recently after seeing it suggested time and time again on forums as a better alternative to Bittrex. Community members seem to love this exchange.

Binance is one of the newest exchanges in the industry. The company raised around $15 million in an ICO this past July (2017) and immediately acquired 20,000 registered users as part of the raise.

Changpeng Zhao, CEO of Binance, has an impressive resume with years of experience in cryptocurrency. He was the Head of Development at Blockchain, Co-founder and CTO of OKCoin, and the Founder and CEO of BijieTech before working on Binance.

Fund Security

Information about fund security is not available on the Binance website, and I wasn’t able to find anything on any forums regarding it. This is not a good sign, and I advise you to proceed with caution if you decide to use this exchange.

All I can confirm is that Binance allows you to enable two-factor authentication or Google Authenticator for your log-ins.

Customer Support

The customer support area on the Binance site is lacking in comparison to other exchanges. There’s a short list of FAQs that failed to answer a lot of the questions I had as I was using the platform.

Because the website was originally written in Chinese and translated to English, there are sections (especially in the support section) that have confusing grammatical errors. I’m going to give Binance the benefit of the doubt of this, though, because the company is young, and it’s impressive that they support multiple languages this early.

You can submit a support ticket through an online form and get a response via email. The official Binance Reddit page states that your ticket won’t be answered by a random support agent but rather by someone integral to the company who knows the system you’re using.

Conclusion

Even with the love that this exchange gets from the community, I’m staying away until it’s a little bit more established and its security procedures have been proven to be successful.

If you’re willing to roll the dice, the myriad of coins and low trading fees found on Binance are unmatched, and you may find that it’s worth the risk to use the exchange.

2 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

My ICO investment has jumped from $1.2 to $4.2 per token. I’ll get a nosebleed of it continues!

Magic!

Tried something new last night. 

Binance is good, fees are 0.1% so it's a good place to trade. I've been learning how the graphs work and watching stuff happen etc.

I'm holding so ive been watching the NEO price, which is fairly steady around 65-75 USD but with fairly big fluctuations every day - that's what I wanted to take advantage of. 

Last night I was brave enough to try the simplest money maker on the market. 

With the market at around 70.5 usd I set up a sale at 74 USD for 1.106 NEO then waited patiently. A couple of hours later the market went up and my sale went through, netting me 81.80 USD 

As soon as that went through I set up that money to buy once the price dropped to 67.505, and this morning, although the market is now at 73, I found that my buy went through at some point in the night.

A wee bit of excitement, a wee bit of risk and yesterday's 1.106 NEO is now 1.211, 9.5% more at no cost in a market that's holding steady. Pretty chuffed! 

Edited by Smithee

38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Binance is good, fees are 0.1% so it's a good place to trade. I've been learning how the graphs work and watching stuff happen etc.

I'm holding so ive been watching the NEO price, which is fairly steady around 65-75 USD but with fairly big fluctuations every day - that's what I wanted to take advantage of. 

With the market at around 70.5 usd I set up a sale at 74 USD for 1.106 NEO then waited patiently. A couple of hours later the market went up and my sale went through, netting me 81.80 USD 

As soon as that went through I set up that money to buy once the price dropped to 67.505, and this morning, although the market is now at 73, I found that my buy went through at some point in the night.

A wee bit of excitement, a wee bit of risk and yesterday's 1.106 NEO is now 1.211, 9.5% more at no cost in a market that's holding steady. Pretty chuffed! 

You could do the same with BTC, BCH and ETH right now. Up and down like that lass from the N Dubz

Rudolf's Mate
47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aim to give this a bash myself but I really need to understand it before I jump in feet first ?

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

You could do the same with BTC, BCH and ETH right now. Up and down like that lass from the N Dubz

Yep. I've read about all these moves but never felt confident enough that I understood the patterns. You can see how speculators make and lose money fast!

1 minute ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Aim to give this a bash myself but I really need to understand it before I jump in feet first ?

I've been dying to do it mate but I really really didn't want burnt either, I think you're spot on.

Best thing about my wee duck and dive there is it's taken my average buy in price down. I bought in at about 66 but it now works out to 60.83 (price paid ÷ amount of coin you have) - brilliant!

HeartOfWestLothian
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Just remember NEO is not divisible should you wish to move it to a wallet. 

10 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Just remember NEO is not divisible should you wish to move it to a wallet. 

Cheers, didn't know that. I doubt I'll ever feel the need unless I build up a fair few right enough, but good to know

HeartOfWestLothian
48 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Cheers, didn't know that. I doubt I'll ever feel the need unless I build up a fair few right enough, but good to know

Yup, 1 NEO is more like having a share in the company, the gas you generate is divisible though and can be transferred to a wallet at ridiculously small fractions. 

If you held onto your 1 NEO for a year I am sure it would roughly return around 0.1 GAS .

HeartOfWestLothian
1 hour ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

RaiBlocks just under 16p on 1st Dec currently sat at £18.21 :sob:

These are the tips we need to see on here at the time!

Let's use this thread to make us all rich!...;)

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Fine by me!

Been told that dogecoin is going to be rebranded and positive vibes should emanate forth as a result, also that an expected ethereum fork on the 19th should push the price up

Edited by Smithee

HeartOfWestLothian
33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fine by me!

Been told that dogecoin is going to be rebranded and positive vibes should emanate forth as a result, also that an expected ethereum fork on the 19th should push the price up

Interesting...

The only thing I have my eye on is Deep Brain Chain, thinking about trading some NEO or ETH for it using Kucoin. 

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Interesting...

The only thing I have my eye on is Deep Brain Chain, thinking about trading some NEO or ETH for it using Kucoin. 

Dogecoin_logo.png

The doge is of particular interest I think, it's long outgrown the jokey roots and a branding change could really make a difference.

I don't know deep brain though, I'll look into it

HeartOfWestLothian
Just now, Smithee said:

Dogecoin_logo.png

The doge is of particular interest I think, it's long outgrown the jokey roots and a branding change could really make a difference.

I don't know deep brain though, I'll look into it

If you can ignore all the trolling comments the biz section on 4 chan has some good threads on crypto.

Unknown user
Just now, HeartOfWestLothian said:

If you can ignore all the trolling comments the biz section on 4 chan has some good threads on crypto.

Cheers

Rudolf's Mate
11 hours ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Would like nothing more however the amount of coins, new and upcoming you wonder if there’s an element of luck or other.

I’ve been reading about large groups (thousands of people) that are pumping and dumping together. The sheer volume of them is not only giving a coin a boost but making it look to the outside it might be worth getting on. It’s then getting a further boost and people are being told to dump. 

You’ve also got McAffee charging to pump a certain coin or ICO on a now weekly basis. He’s had a fallout with a couple and subsequently threatened to ruin them ffs. 

Add to it all that if something seems to be doing well or about to release something you’d expect it to get a boost from, there’s almost a concerted effort to bring it down with people saying it’s a scam etc. XRP & XVG are 2 that I’ve seen over last week being attacked constantly. Absolutely bizarre stuff going on.

A brief example of what went on with verge https://cryptoclarified.com/2018/01/01/635/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Bit of a tip as mentioned earlier quickly.

I'm invested in FUN coin. Future of Casino's and possibly betting. Well worth having a read of their website and reddit sub forum

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Apoarantly XRB is moving to more exchanges very soon so keep an eye out

Wish you had said this a month ago, as it's already gone up about 13,000% over that time! Although it's mostly been the last week the biggest spike. 

Too late? 

28 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Wish you had said this a month ago, as it's already gone up about 13,000% over that time! Although it's mostly been the last week the biggest spike. 

Too late? 

If you get in early when it moves to Binance etc then I'd say no, it's not too late. Obviously it's unlikely to increase another 13000% but it's defo undervalued at $18

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Bit of a tip as mentioned earlier quickly.

I'm invested in FUN coin. Future of Casino's and possibly betting. Well worth having a read of their website and reddit sub forum

I'm interested in verge, the hype surrounding mcafee sent it mental, then a missed deadline and mcafee turning on them made it slump. 

But they have now actually released their new Wraith protocol and it's at an artificially low price because of the recent controversies. Most observers seem to think the wraith tech is excellent so I reckon it'll rise again when everyone calms the f down

Unknown user

By the way, as the starter of this thread, if anyone does make big profits I expect a pint! Then we can talk commission... :D

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm interested in verge, the hype surrounding mcafee sent it mental, then a missed deadline and mcafee turning on them made it slump. 

But they have now actually released their new Wraith protocol and it's at an artificially low price because of the recent controversies. Most observers seem to think the wraith tech is excellent so I reckon it'll rise again when everyone calms the f down

Will keep an eye out and follow posts on it. Cheers for the tip

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

By the way, as the starter of this thread, if anyone does make big profits I expect a pint! Then we can talk commission... :D

My ethereum made enough money for a few nights at wetherspoons... What you fancy? haha