John Leslie Cleared of Sexual Assault

milky_26

Tynecastle Valhalla

In a day and age where all sorts of girls are coming out the woodwork re behaviour of individuals you need to be very careful how you behave on a night out !

luckily I’m not a total perv and am pretty shy in even approaching girls let alone touching a relative stranger 

but some of the behaviour I witnessed in Edinburgh night clubs in the nineties and early naughties before camera phones were prevalent was outrageous 

don’t know the detail of this case but will be v interested to see the result 

I have a friend who knows JL well and talks highly of him and claims he is misunderstood, he’s just one of the lads

not met him so can’t comment !

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Maroon Sailor

• jambo1961

• been here before

1 hour ago, wallace_mercer said:

In a day and age where all sorts of girls are coming out the woodwork re behaviour of individuals you need to be very careful how you behave on a night out !

luckily I’m not a total perv and am pretty shy in even approaching girls let alone touching a relative stranger 

but some of the behaviour I witnessed in Edinburgh night clubs in the nineties and early naughties before camera phones were prevalent was outrageous 

don’t know the detail of this case but will be v interested to see the result 

I have a friend who knows JL well and talks highly of him and claims he is misunderstood, he’s just one of the lads

not met him so can’t comment !

One of the lads :rofl: 

Punks No Deid

Remember when his video with Abi Titmuss was doing the rounds and I was at Murrayfield ice rink with my kids.

Grant Stott came onto the ice with what I presume was his kids.

Next thing you hear is the voice of a teenage laddie shouting "Haw Stottie, any chance of getting an invite tae yer brothers next party"

I was poorless when I heard it and even worse when I saw his face :laugh:

26 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

Remember when his video with Abi Titmuss was doing the rounds and I was at Murrayfield ice rink with my kids.

Grant Stott came onto the ice with what I presume was his kids.

Next thing you hear is the voice of a teenage laddie shouting "Haw Stottie, any chance of getting an invite tae yer brothers next party"

I was poorless when I heard it and even worse when I saw his face :laugh:

:clyay:

I still remember him on Blue Peter with a "Hands Off Hibs" top on, he'll always be guilty in my book :mad:

19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I still remember him on Blue Peter with a "Hands Off Hibs" top on, he'll always be guilty in my book :mad:

shame he couldn't take the advice from the first two words

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

One of the Stott lads...

Aye, exactly. They’re a great pair :rofl: 

Horrible ****. Guys obviously got issues.

After the initial rape allegations he faced, he done a show on BBC with a therapist where he opened up about his alleged traumatic childhood, and that he was never brought up with respect for women.

Gave a few interviews in the years after where he came across as reformed and regreted his past actions.

Now it just seems like wind and pish looking back unless of course his recent allegations are false.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

After the initial rape allegations he faced, he done a show on BBC with a therapist where he opened up about his alleged traumatic childhood, and that he was never brought up with respect for women.

Gave a few interviews in the years after where he came across as reformed and regreted his past actions.

Now it just seems like wind and pish looking back unless of course his recent allegations are false.

Regretted his past actions :rofl: 

VIP room in Atic at the age of 52 :facepalm: 

37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

People like him will say and do anything for the sake of their precious careers Morgan. Arseholes like him want to be famous and they don't care how they achieve it.

15 minutes ago, Locky said:

People like him will say and do anything for the sake of their precious careers Morgan. Arseholes like him want to be famous and they don't care how they achieve it.

Agreed Locky. That’s a pretty good summary of the man you made there.

29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Agreed Locky. That’s a pretty good summary of the man you made there.

Sad thing is, he's probably happy he's still somewhat relevant.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Morgan all over this thread. Reckons there's more to than he's letting on ?

:lol: 

Not at all hughesie!

Just have no time for JL and, apart from seeing him ‘at it’ I’ve heard other stories from friends in Edinburgh and indeed, in London.

Arnold Rothstein
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

I’m pretty sure he was working there. 

1 minute ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

I’m pretty sure he was working there. 

Didn’t know that AR.

22 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

Not at all hughesie!

Just have no time for JL and, apart from seeing him ‘at it’ I’ve heard other stories from friends in Edinburgh and indeed, in London.

Circle as appropriate Morgan mate. 

Body-map-front.jpg

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Circle as appropriate Morgan mate. 

Body-map-front.jpg

Just don’t know what to say.

9 hours ago, Locky said:

Would make sense, given the other one with the same upbringing. 

WorldChampions1902
On 20/06/2018 at 21:56, Morgan said:

Aye, exactly. They’re a great pair :rofl: 

So were Abi's.

Post-surgery.

Naturally (no pun intended).

Nice girl BTW.

Gold-digging apart.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Sooner or later this hibs beast is going to step over the line and end up in the big house for 15 year.

:spoton: 

12 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Would make sense, given the other one with the same upbringing. 

Aye, Grant is super too.

Family :facepalm: 

15 hours ago, Cade said:

Sooner or later this hibs beast is going to step over the line and end up in the big house for 15 year.

I don't think JL  the type to learn from his mistake's and appalling behaviour, but I cant see him getting 15yr for it 

46 minutes ago, Paolo said:

It was always going to be hard to prove.   

If ‘Not Proven’ did not exist, it would be ‘Not Guilty’

If I was John Leslie, I would be more annoyed about ‘Not Proven’.  It is kind of saying, ‘We know you are a beast, but it hasn’t be proven that you are’.  

As I said earlier in the week I know a good bit of detail about this case and was very surprised it got as far as a court case 

I know it won’t go down well on here but if I was John Leslie I’d be pissed off with a ‘not proven’ verdict 

12 minutes ago, theshed said:

As I said earlier in the week I know a good bit of detail about this case and was very surprised it got as far as a court case 

I know it won’t go down well on here but if I was John Leslie I’d be pissed off with a ‘not proven’ verdict 

Never saw your comments, but from what is now being reported, it does sound flimsy. 

40 minutes ago, 12XU said:

Like Jackson and Townsend - he had a good lawyer 

Or he never done it, or there was not enough evidence to prove that he did. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

It was always going to be hard to prove.   

If ‘Not Proven’ did not exist, it would be ‘Not Guilty’

If I was John Leslie, I would be more annoyed about ‘Not Proven’.  It is kind of saying, ‘We know you are a beast, but it hasn’t be proven that you are’.  

Not proven means not innocent. 

15 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Not proven means not innocent. 

So in Scotland it isn't innocent until 'proven' guilty? 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
7 minutes ago, Elmore said:

So in Scotland it isn't innocent until 'proven' guilty? 

My understanding is exactly that. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

I dislike  the Man but to be charged with what he was accused with seemed awfy  harsh 

He was only accused of putting his hand down the back of her trousers.

Awfy harsh.

.:phface:

Exactly.. accused

Look if he was guilty nice one hang him out to dry... but he was found not guilty 

Wonder how many will be lifted the night on that accusation, and taken to court on word of mouth 

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Exactly.. accused

Look if he was guilty nice one hang him out to dry... but he was found not guilty 

Wonder how many will be lifted the night on that accusation, and taken to court on word of mouth 

The verdict was Not Proven.

What ever, he walked, the Jury seemed confident enough with what was presented to them , that's the way it goes sometimes right wrong or indifferent of the matter

NP means he aint away with it till at least a Yr and if proven guilty  at a later stage nice one

Just accept the fact that accusations aint always guilt

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

What ever, he walked, the Jury seemed confident enough with what was presented to them , that's the way it goes sometimes right wrong or indifferent of the matter

NP means he aint away with it till at least a Yr and if proven guilty  at a later stage nice one

Just accept the fact that accusations aint always guilt

Well no, the point of Not Proven is that the jury weren't convinced either way with what was presented to them. Not Proven means that they categorically aren't saying he is innocent, they're saying neither case was proven. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well no, the point of Not Proven is that the jury weren't convinced either way with what was presented to them. Not Proven means that they categorically aren't saying he is innocent, they're saying neither case was proven. 

Exactly.

Fair enough... but enough for the Jury to  let him go and quickly style ... hardly 10 angry men

The NP verdict can be a joke TBF

Quick one on the NP verdict

Many moons ago it KO outside a pub I was in

Two guys came down one tooled up

They got chased and the one with the knife dropped it as he ran

The other got caught, battered and stabbed twice with it  , he died at the scene

The killer got a NP as the Crown  couldn't prove how the victim died where it was stab wounds or how he hit his head falling down on the car park when  hit with a can when battered 

NP stinks that's for sure I

Edited by jambo1961

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Fair enough... but enough for the Jury to  let him go and quickly style ... hardly 10 angry men

The NP verdict can be a joke TBF

Quick one on the NP verdict

Many moons ago it KO outside a pub I was in

Two guys came down one tooled up

They got chased and the one with the knife dropped it as he ran

The other got caught, battered and stabbed twice with it  , he died at the scene

The killer got a NP as the Crown  couldn't prove how the victim died where it was stab wounds or how he hit his head falling down on the car park when  hit with a can when battered 

NP stinks that's for sure I

But if you removed not proven you’d only get not guilty instead. Reasonable doubt exists in both cases. Not proven almost seems to be a case of - we basically think you’re guilty but we can’t actually say so

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But if you removed not proven you’d only get not guilty instead. Reasonable doubt exists in both cases. Not proven almost seems to be a case of - we basically think you’re guilty but we can’t actually say so

It's an interesting thing, and as far as I know, unique to Scotland. 

In the long long ago we had two verdicts, proven and not proven, but it was felt that not proven didn't say "this man categorically didn't do it, his innocence has been proved". However, it was an acquittal. 

I'd say it's more the equivalent of them saying "We don't know what to think. There isn't enough evidence either way, so we're not prepared to say he definitely did or definitely didn't." 

Splitting hairs maybe, but it's an important difference I think. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's an interesting thing, and as far as I know, unique to Scotland. 

In the long long ago we had two verdicts, proven and not proven, but it was felt that not proven didn't say "this man categorically didn't do it, his innocence has been proved". However, it was an acquittal. 

I'd say it's more the equivalent of them saying "We don't know what to think. There isn't enough evidence either way, so we're not prepared to say he definitely did or definitely didn't." 

Splitting hairs maybe, but it's an important difference I think. 

It’s a very important difference for the defendant. I read that Leslie was asked earlier about the not proven verdict - asked in effect if that actually meant he was not guilty. In practice I see the value of it but in legal terms I’m surprised it wasn’t kyboshed a long time ago