Berra ain't good enough

TheBigTeam

In 5 years time, Berra will be a Scotland regular.

He is a great prospect who is still learning his trade and we should be proud to have him in our team.

As an aside, can the OP think about what it would be like to be the captain of Hearts with the owner picking the team. Imagine trying to motivate players and foster a team spirit when there are guys in the team who shouldn't be near a football park, when the 'manager' has no control on discipline, when set plays are prepared not knowing who is going to be playing, players are picked who are clearly not fit and at the end of the game you are being asked by the press to explain why you keep getting beat.

Berra has showed maturity beyond his years and is a credit to our club.

Why don't you start a thread about No 24, Nade, Pinella, Kurskis, Basso, or Benny? or better still keep yer gub shut.

Your first paragraph is spot on particularly when you add that he's relatively young to be captain. Criticising players abilities of course is always going to happen on a fans web site particularly when the team is playing awful. With Hearts you have all the other baggage as well. Most fans are black or white when describing players abilities i.e. crap GTF or very good (as you believe Berra is)....in reality these guys are professional players who have to fit in the style of the team and in the case of foreigners, the style of football played in Scotland. How many players deemed **** but go to other clubs/ countries and do the biz.....others deemed great by us move on and are declared pish by their new fans ...we could mention a few who have played for Hearts.....the bottom line at the moment is that the team has no leader and most are journey man pros, some could excel no doubt in other teams but collectively at the moment they are poor....the only ones exhibiting a bit of class are Kingston and Ruben. I'm afraid the rest (including Berra) are 4-5 out of 10 in terms of ability.....:(

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In 5 years time, Berra will be a Scotland regular.

He is a great prospect who is still learning his trade and we should be proud to have him in our team.

As an aside, can the OP think about what it would be like to be the captain of Hearts with the owner picking the team. Imagine trying to motivate players and foster a team spirit when there are guys in the team who shouldn't be near a football park, when the 'manager' has no control on discipline, when set plays are prepared not knowing who is going to be playing, players are picked who are clearly not fit and at the end of the game you are being asked by the press to explain why you keep getting beat.

Berra has showed maturity beyond his years and is a credit to our club.

Why don't you start a thread about No 24, Nade, Pinella, Kurskis, Basso, or Benny? or better still keep yer gub shut.

Pressley managed it! so no ill no keep my gob shut.Ive a opinion thats the whole point of having kickback.Anyway i'd say a lot of people have agreed with me son

CornhillHearts

Dear oh Dear most consistent defender at club our young captain gets slaughtered what next, and its not even Prancer with the thread.

Fast??? my Granny is quicker come on he can't run

Steve Bruce couldn't run for toffee, didn't stop him being a top class centre half, did it?

Berra isn't helped by the lack of fight in the midfield. How often do you see Berra having to deal with wave after wave of attack. Something Webster never had to deal with.

Speaking of Webster, his career has fairly taken off since he left us, hasn't it?

loveofthegame

Absolute garbage. He'll be an international player in years to come. Mark my words. Much better than Webster was at that age, just unfortunate for him hes playing alongside huddies

Absolute garbage. He'll be an international player in years to come. Mark my words. Much better than Webster was at that age, just unfortunate for him hes playing alongside huddies

you shouldnae talk about your fellow team mates like that Christophe ;)

loveofthegame
you shouldnae talk about your fellow team mates like that Christophe ;)

haha! i couldnt be arsed trudgin through the whole thread as im too hungover, take it you dont like our Capitano?! i honestly think anyone that thinks berra isnt good enough needs their head seen too!

But then, Bednars pish isnt he!

loveofthegame
Pressley managed it! so no ill no keep my gob shut.Ive a opinion thats the whole point of having kickback.Anyway i'd say a lot of people have agreed with me son

Pressley managed it so well he spoke out and engineered a move to 1 of our biggest rivals

Its difficult to criticise the players given the situation they're playing in. Also, anyone who has watched football for any length of time at all knows that you need to have a settled keeper and defence if you're going to be successful. We don't have that just now, so what do we really expect?

I thought he was brilliant against Hibs. BUT I think that is the only game this season where I can say he was brilliant.

I am just not convinced either way about Berra. When Tall is back he shouldn't play. He will. But he really shouldn't. The same goes for Neilson.

What has me rate him a lot less than I would is the fact he is leading our club out each week. And for the forseeable future it ain't going to change. So bloody frustarting.

Just one of many things that are wrong within the club. Top to bottom.

As a player I reckon he can go on to become a really good player. But not at Hearts.

loveofthegame
I thought he was brilliant against Hibs. BUT I think that is the only game this season where I can say he was brilliant.

I am just not convinced either way about Berra. When Tall is back he shouldn't play. He will. But he really shouldn't. The same goes for Neilson.

What has me rate him a lot less than I would is the fact he is leading our club out each week. And for the forseeable future it ain't going to change. So bloody frustarting.

Just one of many things that are wrong within the club. Top to bottom.

As a player I reckon he can go on to become a really good player. But not at Hearts.

Do you think we'd be better with Karipidis than Berra mate?!I dont think Karipidis is half the player Berra is.

I agree entirely with your last sentence, i think he'll leave before he fulfills his true potential

Do you think we'd be better with Karipidis than Berra mate?!I dont think Karipidis is half the player Berra is.

I agree entirely with your last sentence, i think he'll leave before he fulfills his true potential

To be honest I think it is six and half a dozen. I just think Berra needs dropped. Karipidis has came in and been pretty steady. Although with the squad we have, in the long run it would be Berra and Tall as my centre backs.

But if I had my own way then I would bring in another centre back to pplay with Tall.

haha! i couldnt be arsed trudgin through the whole thread as im too hungover, take it you dont like our Capitano?! i honestly think anyone that thinks berra isnt good enough needs their head seen too!

But then, Bednars pish isnt he!

as stated elsewhere on this thread.....he's still learning his trade and could do with a commanding "Presley" figure at his side. As Captain, he's expected to provide leadership as well as command the centre of defence. I don't think he does either any better than any other CB in our league. Also I can't really think of any other team who would swap their CB for Berra unless it's for his future potential. For example I wouldn't cry if Jones of Hibs (to name but one) swapped places with Berra???? at the present time ;)

Watched Berra for a few years now and i just can't see any quality there.Never rated him when he was just breaking through and he has done nothing to change my mind.He can't run for a start he is so slow and last night he had a great chance late on to score with a header and he almost put it out for a throwing.He get's pushed off the ball far too easily and if a decision dosen't go his way he dosen't argue he walk's away.He is never a captain either i recorded the derby from Saturday and if you watch in the tunnel you see Jones shouting trying to get the hobo's up for it Berra is just standing there saying nothing.Banks would be a better bet as captain.If any team's are interested i would snap there hand off for whatever we get for him.I think Tall and Karapidis would be more solid there but as Tall is prob leaving we would need another centre half.I know this may sound a bit harsh and the guy clearly does try but he just aint good enough.

sorry to say this but you havenae a clue mate, he is a quality player, maybe not my first choice as captain but when you see whats gone on at the club and he has handled most of it very well. he will be a Scotland regular in the very near future of that i have no doubt.

Archived