Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Too many shite bags in our support.

Same folk that slag the manager and team for having no bottle and fight are the first ones touching Thier toes and biting down on hearing we got hibs.

Have a word.

Exactly. We could have had a much harder tie . This game is winnable and exciting, what's not to like ? Tremendous draw , good few home games before hand to improve form 

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

We don't half get the rough end of the draw time and again.

They will turn us over as it stands now, absolutely no doubt about it. Miserable state of affairs.

January signings have got to be the right ones . No gambles on he was good once maybe he can be good again. We need 2-3 proven players. 

The Future's Maroon
34 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

An optimist would say this is a perfect opportunity to correct a few wrongs of recent years, get the fans fully back onside and start to really build something.

I'm hopeful of the above.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Exactly. We could have had a much harder tie . This game is winnable and exciting, what's not to like ? Tremendous draw , good few home games before hand to improve form 

100%

The Old Tolbooth

I'm guessing that seeing as the last two managers have fell on their sword after bottling it against Hibs, that Levein will be prepared to do exactly the same? 

Nah, thought not... 

A performance like the Aberdeen game at Murrayfield and we should

Have a very good chance a performance like yesterday then no chance

I don't pay much attention to them but someone posted on here, Le Chat I think, that they win it once a century and they've already had their win for the current century.  Apparently they beat a championship side in the final and then rioted afterwards.

Now I'll believe just about anything but I'm not falling for that last bit.  You don't win the SC for the first time in about 150 years them riot afterwards.  You celebrate don't you.

I don't mind people on here not liking Hibs but making up fiction like that is ridiculous.

Tell you what. Ann Budge puts Levein bck into his DOF role with the sam role except for any first team involvement. Ann then offers Tony Pullis the managers job until the end of the season. Tynecastle would be full every game.

54 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

"We know how much this game means to the fans and we're ready for Hibs"

0-1 defeat without even laying a glove on them nap.

Precisely. Within first 5 minutes also. I'll go for Boyle. Our only effort will be a Souttar shot from about 375 yards - roughly the same distance itll fly over the bar.

16 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Too many shite bags in our support.

Same folk that slag the manager and team for having no bottle and fight are the first ones touching Thier toes and biting down on hearing we got hibs.

Have a word.

Are they Hearts fans though? Social media!!!! H1b5.

Folk forgetting we're playing these ***** in just over a months time, before we play the SC fixture. 

Definitely make or break games.

I'm excited, it's a good fixture, a home tie against lower league opposition tells us nothing about ourselves, these are the games that make football great.

24 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

CL must be spitting feathers after the draw today. 

Its a huge test for him but Ann Budge as well. If there was any sense that they could just muddle through January, papering over the cracks todays draw ends that (or at least should). If we fail to beat Hibs for the 3rd consecutive season and for the 4th time in 5 seasons in the cup coupled with our atrocious league form then Tynecastle will be half empty for try remainder of the 2017-18 season. And Levein's Hearts career will be dead and buried along with that of his merry band of coaches. If he has any ambition to see his structure and model work he has to find a way lift himself and the squad to win this cup tie. 

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Tell you what. Ann Budge puts Levein bck into his DOF role with the sam role except for any first team involvement. Ann then offers Tony Pullis the managers job until the end of the season. Tynecastle would be full every game.

Why to watch Tony Pulls. Your Tony would need LOADS of money. He won't get it in Scottish Football!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Drugs, on a Monday?

Not cool, man.

4 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

I'm guessing that seeing as the last two managers have fell on their sword after bottling it against Hibs, that Levein will be prepared to do exactly the same? 

Nah, thought not... 

That's just not even true.

Robbie left through his own choosing 9 months or so after losing to Hibs and having done a very good job despite some cretins blaming him for Hibs winning the cup.

The Hibs game no doubt didn't help Cathro but he was bulleted because he was an all round disaster.

On topic: We're shite but people realise it's Hibs not Real Madrid we've drawn aye. It'll be a tight game and could go either way but we have to beat them again sometime. Tynie will be rocking for sure and I strangely fancy our chances despite recent form. Obv hoping we'll have a few new players by then too mind...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

CL must be spitting feathers after the draw today. 

It's broken the last 2 managers. I reckon  Queen Ann will have been having a wee cuss too

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

What are we then? 

Hearts.

We even spell it out in our song for folk.

16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Whilst I am not bothered about drawing them, our luck in the draw has been utterly rank for such a long time now.

Rank does not go close, something very strange in the draws in the last few years, how many times have we had celtic.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Simo said:

That's just not even true.

Robbie left through his own choosing 9 months or so after losing to Hibs and having done a very good job despite some cretins blaming him for Hibs winning the cup.

The Hibs game no doubt didn't help Cathro but he was bulleted because he was an all round disaster.

On topic: We're shite but people realise it's Hibs not Real Madrid we've drawn aye. It'll be a tight game and could go either way but we have to beat them again sometime. Tynie will be rocking for sure and I strangely fancy our chances despite recent form. Obv hoping we'll have a few new players by then too mind...

It had quite an impact on popular opinion 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, rick witter said:

They are not great but we are far worse. 

Aye, truly great teams get humped at home by Hamilton and St Johnstone.

We may as well not turn up, they are that good, we can't compare.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Rank does not go close, something very strange in the draws in the last few years, how many times have we had celtic.

It's an amazing run. Only 2014 has not featured an Edinburgh derby since 2011

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Home draw 

V shite team that's won about 3 games there in 30 years.

Could be worse.

Here was me thinking we drew real chuck Norris Barca utd  citeh giving the comments.

20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Whilst I am not bothered about drawing them, our luck in the draw has been utterly rank for such a long time now.

3 home draws in succession isn't bad luck. It's fantastic luck, shame on us for not getting the job done in 2016 and 2017!!

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Stop acting like a big feckin girl's blouse and man up.

It's Hibs, not Real Madrid FFS.

Of course it's a difficult tie, but there is nothing to fear from them in a tie that's 2 months away.

Bring it on.

Correct and spot on again, Jonno.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stop acting like a big feckin girl's blouse and man up.

It's Hibs, not Real Madrid FFS.

Of course it's a difficult tie, but there is nothing to fear from them in a tie that's 2 months away.

Bring it on.

Bang on Jonno.

11 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

All we need is 11 new players and a manager with balls. 

A few more thousand supporters with cajones wouldn't go amiss either.

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

3 home draws in succession isn't bad luck. It's fantastic luck, shame on us for not getting the job done in 2016 and 2017!!

One way to look at it I suppose. You are indeed correct, we should have been taking care of business home. 

Still, to draw Celtic/Hibs/Aberdeen at this stage in the draw in recent year in both cups is still unlucky. 

Hopefully our balls drop sometime in the next 8 weeks then !

Also, even 2 defeats to this mob will not spell the end for Levein. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

It had quite an impact on popular opinion 

Anyone who thinks Levein survives any length of time should we lose this cup tie to Hibs is wrong. He will be a deader duck than either Neilson or Cathro for a number of reasons but mostly because he presided over those defeats too given his role as DoF. Given there is already a decent ground swell of opinion wanting him out defeat in this tie would leave him without a leg to stand on and I'm sure he will be well aware of that. The confidence in him and his desire to be in the role is already shot to pieces and it would be impossible for him to gain back the belief of many in the Hearts support. Its an absolute must win game for him if he wants to continue to be employed by Hearts longer term.

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Anyone who thinks Levein survives any length of time should we lose this cup tie to Hibs is wrong. He will be a deader duck than either Neilson or Cathro for a number of reasons but mostly because he presided over those defeats too given his role as DoF. Given there is already a decent ground swell of opinion wanting him out defeat in this tie would leave him without a leg to stand on and I'm sure he will be well aware of that. The confidence in him and his desire to be in the role is already shot to pieces and it would be impossible for him to gain back the belief of many in the Hearts support. Its an absolute must win game for him if he wants to continue to be employed by Hearts longer term.

Absolutely bang on. It's potentially a horror tie for Levein. Conversely it good be the ideal tie. 

We have to win. No excuses -  it is a win or he is finished 

I’m in the great draw camp, always will be, great for the city and both clubs. The nearer this gets you will all be excited make no mistake. Anything better than tic at parkheid.

Archived