Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody joke how Hibs keep getting easy ties in the Cup. :sob:

Get is sorted out Levein. We can’t lose another tie to them. 

At least we have a chance to bring in a few players by then, which are badly required. Thank **** it's not before January. 

August Landmesser

The weekend of Jan 20th - imagine if they played it on the Friday night! Utter carnage.

Is this real life????

We played them once in a cup tie in 30 odd years and now routinely draw them season after season. 

All I can say is there had i) better be significant investment in the squad the minute the window opens  ii) Craig Levein and his entire coaching staff jobs are on the line. There is simply no way he survives us having another cup defeat to them

Our season will kind of hang on the Scottish cup for excitement.

We’re murder right now but we need to win and go on a run.

We need to improve pretty dramatically on what we’ve seen lately. Can we do it yes, will we do it I’m not.

Anyway **** the hibs.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

People actually excited about this?

:facepalm:

If you're not, god only knows why you follow a football team !

There better be movement early on in the transfer window. We simply cannot leave it until the last minute, a couple of key players need to be in before this tie.

Get that stand named the John Robertson27 Stand now and have it plastered all over both sides of the tickets.

Then smash them.

Hope I haven't offended anyone.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Get a grip m8 and man up   They very  rarely  beat us a Tynecastle, this is exactly what we need .

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

The weekend of Jan 20th - imagine if they played it on the Friday night! Utter carnage.

Suit me !

Got a feeling it will be your normal 12 noon malarky !

See all of you who've already got us beaten, all of you who are afraid of them and want to say Levein will put us out of the Cup blah blah blah, just go now and don't bother coming back to Tynecastle.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Have every right to be excited, its our biggest game of the season. 'Confidence' though is another matter

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Is this real life????

We played them once in a cup tie in 30 odd years and now routinely draw them season after season. 

All I can say is there had i) better be significant investment in the squad the minute the window opens  ii) Craig Levein and his entire coaching staff jobs are on the line. There is simply no way he survives us having another cup defeat to them

Was just saying that to someone.

I think there’d only been 4 cup ties between 1970 and the semi pumping in 2006.

In the last ten years it’s been turned on its head how often we meet.

7 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

There better be movement early on in the transfer window. We simply cannot leave it until the last minute, a couple of key players need to be in before this tie.

I don't care what plans they had in place for the window or what budget they had in their minds. They simply must increase that given this fixture. Nothing football related at Hearts should take precedence over us being in far better shape by the time that game comes around. At a time they are announcing 'profit' then they should damn well be spending some of it on a few first team STARTERS, not squad fillers. The fans deserve that some immediate attention is paid to the team given all we have done for the club. Losing yet another Scottish Cup tie to them is simply not an option. If that happens they should all be gone the day after.

3rd time in as many years we've drawn them in the cup. Unreal. Has it been the 4th time every time as well? Or was 3 years ago the 5th year?

Looking forward to it already!

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Well there better be money in the Jan window deary ****ing me.

Well if Levein doesn't spend it well he will know his fate. Added incentive! 

We will win it this time surely with the new stand there to create a caldron of noise. Cmon Hearts this time do it!

Holyrood_Hearts

Since we won the cup, is it right we’ve drawn

12/13 Hibs,

13/14 Celtic,

14/15 Celtic,

15/16 Aberdeen, Hibs

16/17 Raith Rovers, Hibs

17/18 Hibs?

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I don't care what plans they had in place for the window or what budget they had in their minds. They simply must increase that given this fixture. Nothing football related at Hearts should take precedence over us being in far better shape by the time that game comes around. At a time they are announcing 'profit' then they should damn well be spending some of it on a few first team STARTERS, not squad fillers. The fans deserve that some immediate attention is paid to the team given all we have done for the club. Losing yet another Scottish Cup tie to them is simply not an option. If that happens they should all be gone they day after.

Couldn't agree more.

...a bit disco

Scottish Cup fourth-round draw

Dunfermline Athletic v Greenock Morton

Ayr United v Arbroath

Albion Rovers v St Johnstone

Motherwell v Hamilton Academical

Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian

Livingston v Falkirk

Dundee v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Formartine United v Cove Rangers

Montrose or Queen of the South v Partick Thistle

Celtic v Brechin City

Peterhead v Dumbarton

East Fife v Brora Rangers

Alloa Athetic v Dundee United

Fraserburgh v Rangers

Aberdeen v St Mirren

Kilmarnock v Ross County

Ties to be played on 20 and 21 January

7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Is this real life????

Your quote sounds quite harsh, however, I fully agree with it.

Archived