Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

Generally sick of this tie in the Scottish Cup these days. The early cup rounds are good for playing smaller teams you rarely face, played at smaller homely stadiums that brings a sense of nostalgia, on cup away days you make a day out of.

This is just copy/paste from the last 3 years.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We win and progress.

If we lose then hopefully are looking forward to a new manager who actually wants the job.

25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Tell you what. Ann Budge puts Levein bck into his DOF role with the sam role except for any first team involvement. Ann then offers Tony Pullis the managers job until the end of the season. Tynecastle would be full every game.

:wtf:

maroonlegions

Even if we lose nothing will compare to  the butt hurt they suffered in 2012.  And the 4-0 semi in 2006.

Over it my arse. :fth:

1 hour ago, Jasonauskas said:

I suspect Queensland Jambo was being facetious

Facetious.....sorry i'm away to find my Dictionary.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Facetious.....sorry i'm away to find my Dictionary.

Big team big education...................................:teehee:
Bigger shock is sevco getting their first away cup draw in 6 years

29 minutes ago, Independence said:

Why to watch Tony Pulls. Your Tony would need LOADS of money. He won't get it in Scottish Football!

We need someoe who can sort out this shambles of a team. Surely we could offer him a 5 months contact. At least try and talk to the man. We need help.

You can't get revenge on these mutants unless you play them.    And the day I shite it for a game against the shite will be the day I hack off my own knackers with a rusty spoon.     

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Absolutely bang on. It's potentially a horror tie for Levein. Conversely it good be the ideal tie. 

We have to win. No excuses -  it is a win or he is finished 

Depends, say we are sitting 3rd or 4th in the league, the tie won't decide cl's future

If we are where we are at just now, it might be the end of him.

No Hearts manager who is sitting above 5th is getting sacked for losing a cup tie to hibs, no matter how much stamping the feet, crying and spitting feathers some fans do.

19 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Anyone who thinks Levein survives any length of time should we lose this cup tie to Hibs is wrong. He will be a deader duck than either Neilson or Cathro for a number of reasons but mostly because he presided over those defeats too given his role as DoF. Given there is already a decent ground swell of opinion wanting him out defeat in this tie would leave him without a leg to stand on and I'm sure he will be well aware of that. The confidence in him and his desire to be in the role is already shot to pieces and it would be impossible for him to gain back the belief of many in the Hearts support. Its an absolute must win game for him if he wants to continue to be employed by Hearts longer term.

It's more than that imo.  It's vital for him that we are playing well and scoring goals and winning games long before the Cup game.

If we carry on the way we've been for the next 6 weeks or so he has to get the boot.

Honestly, I'd much rather have Gary Locke unless Levein can really pull his socks up by the end of the year.

32 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Drugs, on a Monday?

Not cool, man.

Think small and stay small.

No ambition and tolerate watching crap football since we came up from the Championship. Our fans loyalty is being stretched to breakin point.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mitch41 said:

Think small and stay small.

No ambition and tolerate watching crap football since we came up from the Championship. Our fans loyalty is being stretched to breakin point.

This has no context in relation to the draw and in turn makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's more than that imo.  It's vital for him that we are playing well and scoring goals and winning games long before the Cup game.

If we carry on the way we've been for the next 6 weeks or so he has to get the boot.

Honestly, I'd much rather have Gary Locke unless Levein can really pull his socks up by the end of the year.

Agree.

People say form goes out the window in derbies but I'm not sure I've ever fully  believed that theory.

I'd be more confident with an on-form Hearts team, back to scoring reasonable amounts of goals and winning regularly in the run up to the game. Continually being average, toiling to win and toiling to score goals won't make any rivals apprehensive prior to facing us.

You strike fear into teams , not only on the day, but by building a reputation.

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The point being the rot has to be stopped. Our Heart team is a disgrace to the club and fans. 

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Depends, say we are sitting 3rd or 4th in the league, the tie won't decide cl's future

No Hearts manager who is sitting above 5th is getting sacked for losing a cup tie to hibs, no matter how much stamping the feet, crying and spitting feathers some fans do.

Another cup elimination to that lot is simply a bridge too far Tosh. Maybe you will accept it but a great many won't.

You keep talking every week about us climbing the table. We are dropping down this league like a stone. 1 point from last 12 and a run of home games which is a real pressurised environment for a below average squad of players 

If we suffer another elimatikn from Hibs and finish bottom 6, something we currently look well on course for, Levein is a dead man walking 

That sequence will undoubtedly translate to poorer attendances and that could be decisive 

There are games that need to be won Tosh. The 98 Scottish Cup Final was a game Hearts had to win because they couldn't keep falling short. For different reasons this tie is exactly the same 

We must win because defeat will have far reaching implications.  Financial or otherwise 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.

People say form goes out the window in derbies but I'm not sure I've ever fully  believed that theory.

I'd be more confident with an on-form Hearts team, back to scoring reasonable amounts of goals and winning regularly in the run up to the game. Continually being average, toiling to win and toiling to score goals won't make any rivals apprehensive prior to facing us.

You strike fear into teams , not only on the day, but by building a reputation.

Don't forget the Fozzy on the fence match - Hibs were big favourites to beat us.

Just now, Barack said:

Mitch, have you been drinking?

Yes but not enough to dull the pain of our team. I'm too honest lol.

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The point being the rot has to be stopped. Our Heart team is a disgrace to the club and fans. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

And those who say there are no excuses and we must progress from this tie are completely correct. No progress = no Levein.

By then they will be desperate for revenge as we had previously battered them on the 27th Dec. Well, maybe but I fear not.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't forget the Fozzy on the fence match - Hibs were big favourites to beat us.

No they weren't. This game made it 21 games unbeaten by the Lowbees. We wenton to make it 22 unbeated by them.

46 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Its a huge test for him but Ann Budge as well. If there was any sense that they could just muddle through January, papering over the cracks todays draw ends that (or at least should). If we fail to beat Hibs for the 3rd consecutive season and for the 4th time in 5 seasons in the cup coupled with our atrocious league form then Tynecastle will be half empty for try remainder of the 2017-18 season. And Levein's Hearts career will be dead and buried along with that of his merry band of coaches. If he has any ambition to see his structure and model work he has to find a way lift himself and the squad to win this cup tie. 

You underestimate the loyalty of the Hearts support. Except for yourself of course.

We are having a hard time of it but that is no reason to pack it in.

WE SOMETIMES GO DOON BUT WE AYE COME BACK UP

Maybe January will see us come back up.

At the moment I wouldn't fancy us to beat Hibs women's team. However January 20th is a couple of months and a window away. Bring them f'n on.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Another cup elimination to that lot is simply a bridge too far Tosh. Maybe you will accept it but a great many won't.

You keep talking every week about us climbing the table. We are dropping down this league like a stone. 1 point from last 12 and a run of home games which is a real pressurised environment for a below average squad of players 

If we suffer another elimatikn from Hibs and finish bottom 6, something we currently look well on course for, Levein is a dead man walking 

That sequence will undoubtedly translate to poorer attendances and that could be decisive 

There are games that need to be won Tosh. The 98 Scottish Cup Final was a game Hearts had to win because they couldn't keep falling short. For different reasons this tie is exactly the same 

We must win because defeat will have far reaching implications.  Financial or otherwise 

If we are about 3rd/4th he won't be sacked.

If we are where we are, he very well could be.

No Hearts manager sitting around there is getting Sacked.

14 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

You appear to give as much importance to the cups as the club do.

They are absolutely crucial to our seasons, of vital importance. From a fans spirits/excitement/contentment  (& so willing to spend more money) viewpoint and also financially, the importance cannot be overstated.

Going out of the SC to Hibs again would be unacceptable, even if we did beat Ross Co 2-0 the following week.

But hey, we are going to be higher than Hibs in the league by 27/12, anyway, arent we, Tosh? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
49 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stop acting like a big feckin girl's blouse and man up.

It's Hibs, not Real Madrid FFS.

Of course it's a difficult tie, but there is nothing to fear from them in a tie that's 2 months away.

Bring it on.

I’ll remind you of this post afterwards.

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

If we are about 3rd/4th he won't be sacked.

If we are where we are, he very well could be.

No Hearts manager sitting around there is getting Sacked.

I will be delighted if we are 3rd or 4th. Not so much if we are 8th, 9th or 10th.

League position pre winter break will be crucial. The cup game could be out season in 90 mins.  It wasn't Hibs season in 90 mins last year but we all know how that played out 

Whilst I admire your optimism, we are currently sitting behind a St Johnstone side who prior to Saturday had lost 6 on the spin and scored zero in rhat sequence.  That tells you much about where we are 

Next 4 or 5 games will tell us where we are likely to be. Couple of points from next 4 or 5 and we are entrenched in bottom 6 

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

No they weren't. This game made it 21 games unbeaten by the Lowbees. We wenton to make it 22 unbeated by them.

That's called having the Indian sign over them.

Did you watch Sandy Clark's Hearts team ? Fecking dire and Hibs battered Hearts that day.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spencer said:

I will be delighted if we are 3rd or 4th. Not so much if we are 8th, 9th or 10th.

League position pre winter break will be crucial. The cup game could be out season in 90 mins.  It wasn't Hibs season in 90 mins last year but we all know how that played out 

Whilst I admire your optimism, we are currently sitting behind a St Johnstone side who prior to Saturday had lost 6 on the spin and scored zero in rhat sequence.  That tells you much about where we are 

Next 4 or 5 games will tell us where we are likely to be. Couple of points from next 4 or 5 and we are entrenched in bottom 6 

Yip

Gordon Ramsay

Well I have absolutely zero confidence In this squad and Levein in terms of a decent league finish.

I would take any kind of win against them though even it if it means we have to endure more Levein and his awful tactics/excuses.

We cannot get beaten again by them in this cup, we just can't.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ll remind you of this post afterwards.

Why?

He clearly says it could go either way.

That's football in general.

He says no reason to be scared, that's also correct.

Did you jump behind your couch when the draw was made? 

The way some people are behaving you would think we were playing a PSG , Barcelona select .it's the *******  hibs will never shy away from playing them .

We really need to put the creepy ***** Bartley and his 'puppies' back in their place.  What an opportunity 

FFS. Thats about as much as I can muster at this stage. 

I'm turning up in hope rather than expectation these days and can't even be arsed arguing about it on here at the moment. What will be will be so long as we stay up and rebuild in the summer. With or without Levein I'm not sure I'm even that bothered about that so long as we get some decent players in and start playing football again!

No wonder Hibs have the upper hand, their team smells fear playing against us! And that comes off our fans! The day I’m scared of playing Hibs is the day I stop supporting Heart of Midlothian football club. Get a grip!!

Guest Paul Allen

Delighted to have drawn the Hobos at Tynecastle, although we definitely need to improve between now and then.

Edit: and as for Rangers... where the heck is Fraserburgh?! :lol:

2 minutes ago, bigmack said:

i'm sure this is the first game after the winter break,would any January signings play before the cup game?

No the last game before the cup is Aberdeen away at the end of dec

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

No wonder Hibs have the upper hand, their team smells fear playing against us! And that comes off our fans! The day I’m scared of playing Hibs is the day I stop supporting Heart of Midlothian football club. Get a grip!!

Used to be my attitude. But the last few games against them suggest we've lost our edge. And they've got the stomach and our team don't. 

Archived