Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

7 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

How we have reacted to adversity is a credit to us. Let's leave it there and get behind it. The point here is move on, or wallow in self pity. 

I'm certainly wallowing in nothing. My point is action is required, whatever it takes to WIN this cup tie. It's not a game we as a club can afford to lose. The ramifications of that are severe for a number of people though I'm sure the brighter among them, of which Levein is one, know that themselves. I want Hearts to win this game as much as anyone, I'm just pointing out the importance of it and that we will quickly discover if those within the club recognise it too. They royally ****ed up the last 2 Scottish Cup campaigns, the draw has certainly added a huge edge to this dismal season. It's going to be interesting to see if they can produce a much needed shot in the arm or if Levein will leave Hearts with his head firmly between his legs. Impossible to predict the outcome until we see what plans we have between now and then but it's a massive tie make no mistake about that. 

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Hiya. Was wondering when you would pitch up. Nobody asked you to respond! Pleasure as always to read your knowledgeable musings and interesting points. Most Hearts fans agree with my sentiments entirely, check out the responses. Again my apologies that it's all too much for your sensitive little soul to comprehend. 

Its shite. We all know that. Ffs Leveins said it nearly every game. 

What do we do?

Another manager this season? We can't afford it.

Bridge of Djoum
20 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Hiya. Was wondering when you would pitch up. Nobody asked you to respond! Pleasure as always to read your knowledgeable musings and interesting points. Most Hearts fans agree with my sentiments entirely, check out the responses. Again my apologies that it's all too much for your sensitive little soul to comprehend. 

I think what you mean here is all the people who agree with you ON HERE. Talking to my Hearts mates they are buzzing for it and although not confident as they'd like to be, are looking forward to it.

Lesson for you.. JKB does not equal ''most Hearts fans''.

You're welcome.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

I hate this wet blanket attitude. 

I don't care man trust me I ****ing love a derby but look at the state of us, look at the state of Levein, I can't see how we can win these games, there's just nothing to this team.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

I don't care man trust me I ****ing love a derby but look at the state of us, look at the state of Levein, I can't see how we can win these games, there's just nothing to this team.

Never ever fear that shite. 

A_A wehatethehibs

:lol:  that every year since 5-1 we’ve either drawn Hibs Celtic or Aberdeen?

Somebody give Stevo a phone, see if he’ll come out of retirement and pop a long range winner in for us. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I'm certainly wallowing in nothing. My point is action is required, whatever it takes to WIN this cup tie. It's not a game we as a club can afford to lose. The ramifications of that are severe for a number of people though I'm sure the brighter among them, of which Levein is one know that themselves. I want Hearts to win this game as much as anyone, I'm just pointing out the importance of it and that we will quickly discover if those within the club recognise it too. They royally ****ed up the last 2 Scottish Cup campaigns, the draw has certainly added a huge edge to this dismal season. It's going to be interesting to see if they can produce a much needed shot in the arm or if Levein will leave Hearts with his head firmly between his legs. 

You have clearly made your mind up regarding Levein. Give him a chance to address the problems. As I said before we need width I'm sure he knows that. Either way we support and take the losses on the chin. 

2 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

I think what you mean here is all the people who agree with you ON HERE. Talking to my Hearts mates they are buzzing for it and although not confident as they'd like to be, are looking forward to it.

You're welcome.

You're correct, we should be buzzing for this! Hendricks is a drama queen but his heart is in the right place.

They're better than us, they're fitter than us, they want it more than us, that was highlighted in the last game. Unless there's a massive shift on attitude and how we play then we've no chance. 

3 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

You're welcome.

You should hear what people think of him in the real world.

It would give him a real shock.

You're welcome.

Where did I say I or anyone else for that matter wasn't looking forward to it?!!! The posts I've made have mentioned nothing in terms of a prediction (though as us normally the case I was 100% spot on in telling you and other clueless trolls we'd lose the recent game at Easter Road). My points have been about the magnitude of the draw and what the outcome could mean. It's not difficult to read and comprehend. 

Lol at you. Dumbo by location and Dumbo ny nature......

54 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Really? What if we go on a run in the league before then? It’s only mid nov.

some folk seem to be already gearing up for another neilson sitiation where we’re doIng fine in the league but one cup tie somehow negates all that. Where do they find the energy? It’s a weird way to support your team.

if your irst thought on hearing this draw is that it’s all about levein’s future you’ve got issues. A derby is a cracking tie to look forward to not make it all about the manager.

Socrates, good runs don't just appear if you cheer loud enough. There are no signs of progress whatsoever. We don't have a shape to the team and there is simply not enough hunger or desire from either the coaches or the majority of the players.  We are in exactly the same place as we were under Cathro. I don't expect Levein to be in the dugout by the time the cup tie comes around. 

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You should hear what people think of him in the real world.

It would give him a real shock.

Lol. You've been outed on Twitter. You are a wee schemie. Nobody cares what you have to say. 

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

They're better than us, they're fitter than us, they want it more than us, that was highlighted in the last game. Unless there's a massive shift on attitude and how we play then we've no chance. 

They're not better than us. If we don't get behind the team for these games then it will be difficult. 

I'm sorry but i'll never accept we have no chance against that shite.

Bridge of Djoum

You're correct, we should be buzzing for this! Hendricks is a drama queen but his heart is in the right place.

Perhaps Hendricks and I just have wildly different social circles. I think my mob are pretty level headed and centrist. His appear to suffer with incontenence and mild heart conditions.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Where did I say I or anyone else for that matter wasn't looking forward to it?!!! The posts I've made have mentioned nothing in terms of a prediction (though as us normally the case I was 100% spot on in telling you and other clueless trolls we'd lose the recent game at Easter Road). My points have been about the magnitude of the draw and what the outcome could mean. It's not difficult to read and comprehend. 

And did this give you a semi or  full erection?

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Socrates, good runs don't just appear if you cheer loud enough. There are no signs of progress whatsoever. We don't have a shape to the team and there is simply not enough hunger or desire from either the coaches or the majority of the players.  We are in exactly the same place as we were under Cathro. I don't expect Levein to be in the dugout by the time the cup tie comes around. 

Good runs can, do and have for us happen out of nowhere.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I live in Park Slope, DUMBO is a bit closer to the East River.

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

They're not better than us. If we don't get behind the team for these games then it will be difficult. 

I'm sorry but i'll never accept we have no chance against that shite.

They are better than us, it's ridiculous considering they've just came up from the Championship and we've been up three seasons now but that is the reality.

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Score prediction for Saturday v Ross County? 

8 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Bring on the hibs at tynie. Be good to pump them twice in 30 days

People need to get confident for this! Bring back the swagger and people need to get behind the team at matches. Let’s be honest the atmosphere was poor considering it was the opening of the new stand. 

Lets get at them from the off on 27th and let them know they are in a game. If we win this will be pissing their payments to come back so soon. 

Worse comes to to worse Levein doesn’t survive two defeats so we at least get something. 

Mon the hearts!

Its our 'fight' or lack of it that's bothered me in recent weeks and months. I'm glad to say I saw it more yesterday, especially in the first 10 minutes or so (maybe after all the pre match pomp and fireworks?!) but after that it just fizzled out. 

In 'that' game in January we will need to fight and scrap and dig deep for 90+ minutes, and right from the start! And I mean from the start. The last three times I've been to that lower capacity dump we've lost goals in 4 minutes, 21 minutes and 3 minutes. We're a goal down before we even start. 

I don't mind my JTs getting beat (and I could even maybe take defeat again in January) as long as we've put in a 100% shift, fought for every ball, thrown ourselves in front of every one of their efforts, scrapped and battled etc etc

Bugs me me when I hear about the spirit of the McCraes Battalion going over the top 100 years ago and our boys can't even get fired up for a game against that lot. Get intae them!

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's called having the Indian sign over them.

Did you watch Sandy Clark's Hearts team ? Fecking dire and Hibs battered Hearts that day.

Only in the second half. Sandy Clark was banned wasn't he ? Didn't he have to sit in the stand with only radio contact with the dugout.

3 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

And did this give you a semi or  full erection?

Nope I was gutted/raging at yet another abysmal, incompetent and unacceptable capitulation. However once again it proved I know what I'm talking about and I'm not afraid to say it. Hearts have been shite for months now, saying that doesn't bother me in the slightest. If people wish to delude themselves or continue to move their goalposts of what is acceptable for the 3rd biggest club in Scotland that's their prerogative but I won't be quietened by the likes of you or the Notts ned that's for sure! 

1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

Really? What if we go on a run in the league before then? It’s only mid nov.

some folk seem to be already gearing up for another neilson sitiation where we’re doIng fine in the league but one cup tie somehow negates all that. Where do they find the energy? It’s a weird way to support your team.

if your irst thought on hearing this draw is that it’s all about levein’s future you’ve got issues. A derby is a cracking tie to look forward to not make it all about the manager.

I've certainly got issues with our performances in the last 7 derbies dating back to October 2014. So, given Levein's cup record as a manager, his apparent refusal to ignore the blindingly obvious and the fact that Hibs midfield has overrun us in each and every derby under the present regime, forgive me for not feeling confident.  I would rather have anyone but Levein in charge come January. This game is ALL about the manager and his style of play.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Nope I was gutted/raging at yet another abysmal, incompetent and unacceptable capitulation. However once again it proved I know what I'm talking about and I'm not afraid to say it. Hearts have been shite for months now, saying that doesn't bother me in the slightest. If people wish to delude themselves or continue to move their goalposts of what is acceptable for the 3rd biggest club in Scotland that's their prerogative but I won't be quietened by the likes of you or the Notts ned that's for sure! 

I think we're all aware we're rubbish on the park. 

It needs to be repeated over and over though.

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Score prediction for Saturday v Ross County? 

It's early in the week and just a day after we delivered what was another disappointing result and performance. The midfield continues to be atrocious and we are averaging under a goal a game but I suspect this might be one we can edge something like 2-1. We haven't scored more than 2 in the league in over 8 months....

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Well there better be money in the Jan window deary ****ing me.

I think that money is going towards our 800k window cleaning bill.

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

It's early in the week and just a day after we delivered what was another disappointing result and performance. The midfield continues to be atrocious and we are averaging under a goal a game but I suspect this might be one we can edge something like 2-1. We haven't scored more than 2 in the league in over 8 months....

I take it you will be there? Maybe let this ned buy you a pint before the game. I'm sure you're a decent chap in real life.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It should be the case but it most definitely isn't. You only need to read this thread to see that. There are people on this very thread who have moved the goalposts more times than we've scored league goals this season. It's laughable. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I take it you will be there? Maybe let this ned buy you a pint before the game. I'm sure you're a decent chap in real life.

I think you'd be better off getting him Coke and crisps and putting him in the pool room in the back.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

Moult will gone or half way out the door after January. Tommy Wright is batting his eyes at Northern Ireland. There are whispers of Lennon being in line for the Eire job (and he’s quite smart at knowing to leave jobs when his stock is quite high). McInnes is being linked with every fairly high profle job and McLean is leaving them in January. And Rangers are just a mess from top to bottom.

We have problems on the park but they’re not insurmountable and other clubs in the mix for top 4 will have their own things to deal.

Of course, and we need to improve to take advantage. I agree on that. Think everyone does.

Folk can't see past the last result or next week tho.

Hibs are being hailed as a good team, imagine the carnage on here if Hamilton rocked up at Tynecastle and skelped us 3-1 or as they did beat Rangers 2-0. St Johnstone never scored for about a month.....

We are poorer than we ought to be, but the home run, injuries clearing up will hopefully get us a few wins and add confidence, as confidence grows catching hibs/ Motherwell is hardly a stretch, it won't be easy, but its doable, especially if we all pull in the same direction.

1 minute ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

I think you'd be better off getting him Coke and crisps and putting him in the pool room in the back.

Nae bloody pool room in the Diggers. My cocktail bar of choice.

They do let bairns in the Sample Rooms and I'm willing to compromise for a fellow Hearts fan.

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

2-0 Hearts.

Im sorry but this team do not have the bottle or craft to beat anyone It's time people woke up to this fact

52 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Excellent draw. It's time to show we are Heart of Midlothian. 

46 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I hate this wet blanket attitude. 

44 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

You're welcome.

42 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:pleasing:

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Nae bloody pool room in the Diggers. My cocktail bar of choice.

They do let bairns in the Sample Rooms and I'm willing to compromise for a fellow Hearts fan.

Any pubs with a soft play area?

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Let's be honest, this is a disastrous draw.

Nope that would have been being drawn at Parkhead.

A poor draw would be any team in the top division away from home.

A good draw is your shite derby neighbours at home.

Even in the last two season, they have been on the lucky side to get a draw, at ER - fair enough we got well beat. 

We just need to make sure we do the job in round 1 and not give them a chance at ER, were admittedly like most of our away form isn't good.

Shiting it  at playing hibs, at Tynecastle ... deary me. Repeat that back to yourself then slap yourself or ram your head into the wall until your thoughts have cleared.

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Im sorry but this team do not have the bottle or craft to beat anyone It's time people woke up to this fact

It's a prediction. Give one yourself and we'll see who's nearest.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Why talk utter green apple splatters?

That is not true, look at the table before making false statements.

Any pubs with a soft play area?

None that let Neds in so that's out of the question.

Lucille's Thirsty
5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hearts v Hibs ..... Again ...... 2012, 13, 16, 17, 18

Meanwhile 

Celtic v Brechin

Fraserburgh v Rangers

:lol:

computer generated of course.

Archived