Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An optimist would say this is a perfect opportunity to correct a few wrongs of recent years, get the fans fully back onside and start to really build something.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This calls for......

:fth:

And to finish with.....

pro-wrestler-yes-meme_98_play.gif

23 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I don't care what plans they had in place for the window or what budget they had in their minds. They simply must increase that given this fixture. Nothing football related at Hearts should take precedence over us being in far better shape by the time that game comes around. At a time they are announcing 'profit' then they should damn well be spending some of it on a few first team STARTERS, not squad fillers. The fans deserve that some immediate attention is paid to the team given all we have done for the club. Losing yet another Scottish Cup tie to them is simply not an option. If that happens they should all be gone the day after.

I suspect you would accept relegation as long as we beat Hibs in the cup. 

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

An optimist would say this is a perfect opportunity to correct a few wrongs of recent years, get the fans fully back onside and start to really build something.

What basis is this optimism founded upon?

Dreading this game, sadly they are far better than us at present from a playing staff prespective.

i honestly can't see the wet pieces of p##h that dawn our jersey at present being good enough or up for it

20 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Win-win, really. Either we go through or we go out and it's the end for this management team. 

Agreed, I think this could turn out to be a defining moment in Levein's second stint in charge. He needs to rekindle his appetite and fight soon, that was what made him relatively decent in charge first time round. A lot of folk won't forgive Neilson for losing to that mob, and I suspect the fans will afford Levein even less lee-way, given he has over-seen everything that has brought us to this point. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I suspect you would accept relegation as long as we beat Hibs in the cup. 

You would suspect wrong. Again.

Carry on.

Sexton Hardcastle

Season definer over the next few weeks. 

Can either kick on and grind out results and win this run of home games getting us in contention for a top 4 finish and a possible cup run.

or rather and expected bombed out the cup in a drab and gutless 1-0 defeat and lingering in the bottom sox of the league.

up to you craig and players.

1 minute ago, whytebeard said:

Dreading this game, sadly they are far better than us at present from a playing staff prespective.

i honestly can't see the wee piece of p##h that dawn our jersey at present being good enough or up for it

A team full of shitebags and losers, its so .......aghhh whats the point?

Biggest derby and probably game of the season. The winter break - new signings - players sold or wanting away, will all influence. Bring it on !

35 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Is this real life????

We played them once in a cup tie in 30 odd years and now routinely draw them season after season. 

All I can say is there had i) better be significant investment in the squad the minute the window opens  ii) Craig Levein and his entire coaching staff jobs are on the line. There is simply no way he survives us having another cup defeat to them

Couldn't have put that any better. Spot on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fancy that. Leveins got a make or break period post Christmas. 

Might surprise a few but I reckon it will be break. 

Hope for pleasant surprises

8 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

What a moneyspinner for our new stand

No.......we want good players and good management first. We have to stop thinking adout the new stand and improve our team or the stands will empty like snow of a dyke.

Make no mistake.   This is a big big game for us.  Coupled with the league match a few weeks before.

I think ten winter break makes the two matches one after the other.  

Outwith Celtic every other team in the league is capable of beating each other. We have home advantage against a team that has lost at home to Hamilton and St Johnston. 

40 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Not good. Not good at all.

****ed again I suspect 

Could bring about change however

Utterly inevitable draw 

...a bit disco

Hibs have won 4 out of 30 Edinburgh Derbies at Tynecastle since 2000. 

To be honest I would have preferred a tougher challenge but it will be good fun in our world class stadium and we can all look forward to the 4th round.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

No.......we want good players and good management first. We have to stop thinking adout the new stand and improve our team or the stands will empty like snow of a dyke.

I suspect Queensland Jambo was being facetious

In reality it’s perfect  timing for us. We dont budget for cup runs since Budge took over so the incremental £4-500k of revenue from this game means Levein can accelerate his recruitment plans if the players he wants are available in January. With a bit of luck we will have a seriously improved squad by 19 January who will have played a couple of closed door games in preparation for the cup tie. On the other hand we may  have the same squad as today! 

For us middle agers its a remarkable run of drawing them. From the 1979 Scottish Cup 1/4 tie (we lost 2-1) we had to wait 15 years for another cup match (the 2-1 Wayne Foster game in 1994). We then went a further 12 years before that glorious Hampden semi-final humping we dished out. A span of 27 years with just 2 cup matches. 

Since then we have played them in the 2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2015-16, 2016-17 and now the 2017-18 Scottish Cup and both the 2006-07 and 2013-14 League Cups. 8 times we have been drawn against them in less than a decade. Crazy.

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Make no mistake.   This is a big big game for us.  Coupled with the league match a few weeks before.

We play Aberdeen at Pittodrie on Dec 30th I think. 

4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Not quite. We play at Aberdeen on 30th December. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

To be honest I would have preferred a tougher challenge but it will be good fun in our world class stadium and we can all look forward to the 4th round.

This is the 4th round. Seems like a lot are not looking forward to it!

Not a difficult draw for us,they are pretty poor.My only concern is what player/s get slung their way when they get on the phone to Celtic for the yearly borrowings.We make the right signings in the window and we will nullify that.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

This is the 4th round. Seems like a lot are not looking forward to it!

Sorry.  I always thought we came in for the 3rd round.  Anyway, when my dad started taking me to Tynie 64 years ago he forgot to teach me to be scared of Hibs.

Monday 21st February 1966...........the last time we beat Hibs in ANY cup tie at Tynecastle. Over 50 years ago!!!!  

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/196602211.html

Ending that record would be a fitting way for the new main stand to witness its first Scottish Cup game.

Over to you Levein. This will be the biggest game of your club managerial career.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I defer to your superior knowledge, milky.

wait, you cant remember the beattie semi and that final?

26 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Graeme Taylor @graha1874 17m17 minutes ago

Hearts last thirteen Scottish Cup ties:

Hearts v Celtic

Hearts v Hibs

Hibs v Hearts

Hearts v Celtic

Hearts v Celtic

Hearts v Aberdeen

Hearts v Hibs

Hibs v Hearts

Raith v Hearts

Hearts v Raith

Hearts v Hibs

Hibs v Hearts

Hearts v Hibs

Thats actually crazy to see

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Jasonauskas said:

What basis is this optimism founded upon?

Hibs are shite.

Can't believe I'm actually disappointed we drew that shite.

The last 2 seasons, the cup defeats to them have effectively ended our season. This year our season is over already so not sure how to feel about this.

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Not quite. We play at Aberdeen on 30th December. 

I forgot about them.    A massive few weeks.  

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fancy that. Leveins got a make or break period post Christmas. 

Might surprise a few but I reckon it will be break. 

Hope for pleasant surprises

CL must be spitting feathers after the draw today. 

Dr Ian Malcolm

The prospect of Hibs turning up at Tynecastle and turning us over isn't the worry - they were fortunate to get to a replay on both previous occasions. It's the lack of faith in Hearts being able to get it done at home.

Bazzas right boot

Too many shite bags in our support.

Same folk that slag the manager and team for having no bottle and fight are the first ones touching Thier toes and biting down on hearing we got hibs.

Have a word.

This has injected much more excitement in the up and coming games, desperate to see improvement as we approach tie v the vermin.

Levein knows his nads are on the block come the 20th so I expect him to do whatever it takes to take us through.

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Too many shite bags in our support.

Same folk that slag the manager and team for having no bottle and fight are the first ones touching Thier toes and biting down on hearing we got hibs.

Have a word.

Spot on Big Dave.

Whilst I am not bothered about drawing them, our luck in the draw has been utterly rank for such a long time now.

Archived