• Spencer

• Marooned Abroad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should have been ten
11 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Someone referring to Souttar as "dug meat" earlier in this thread I see 

Gotta love Kickback 

Aye and we can all see you’ve already replied to said comment...

6E85BED3-B523-4A06-92A4-5407DEA93E1F.thumb.jpeg.ed88492567c8d61ef4c55954337931b9.jpeg

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:28, Strachsuit said:

Called up to the NI squad again, despite not featuring for us for weeks. Unbelievable. 

Can someone remind me who it is that pays his wages? 

We certainly have not had value for money that's for sure!

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We certainly have not had value for money that's for sure!

Perhaps he brings additional value off the park as well. I’m pretty sure he was signed again as back up, and when called upon, he’s done that pretty damn well imo.

People on here don’t even know what he’s being paid...so what would be value for money? 

16 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He’s made a couple of sub appearances and been solid in the bargain.  I’ve no problem with him being used rarely now.

I don't think he's made any appearances, even as a sub, since August. I could be wrong but don't think he has.

At a time when we've needed him, Levein hasn't turned to him, why? He's solid. Far more so than Dikamona. So why hasn't he played?

Just now, cb1874 said:

Perhaps he brings additional value off the park as well. I’m pretty sure he was signed again as back up, and when called upon, he’s done that pretty damn well imo.

People on here don’t even know what he’s being paid...so what would be value for money? 

If he was on a 'pay when play' deal he would be skint...............

11 hours ago, campbell said:

I think he brings a lot more to the squad than just playing, like people above have said he’s been solid when called upon, but I’m sure his knowledge of the game and professionalism has been a big benefit to levein and the youngsters breaking into the squad! 

He hasn't been called upon - that's the point! 

1 hour ago, cb1874 said:

Celtic game when Berra got injured?

Yes, that's my point. He's not played since then and that was in August!

10 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye and we can all see you’ve already replied to said comment...

6E85BED3-B523-4A06-92A4-5407DEA93E1F.thumb.jpeg.ed88492567c8d61ef4c55954337931b9.jpeg

It just shows ESJ's double standards.  He praised me for my insight but not you.  Do you feel hurt?

4 hours ago, Strachsuit said:

Yes, that's my point. He's not played since then and that was in August!

Played 14 mins against Aberdeen, my point is still valid he was solid when called upon! I think other players doing so well mainly Dunne has limited his appearances, god we really a fickle, we moaned about not having enough cover up top to cover injuries now wet are moaning about having too much cover! I really don’t think he will be on much and I think he will have an appearance bonus so it’s really not a

hige cost but his experience for me is worth the wage 

It should have been ten
21 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It just shows ESJ's double standards.  He praised me for my insight but not you.  Do you feel hurt?

Yes I do mate, very...

Now I know how CL must feel when ESJ avoids dishing out any deserved praise..:44: 

Captain Canada

There was an interview with him a while back that said he doesn't proactively offer any advice to younger players but will help if they ask him. 

He comes across well and is still a decent player but I guess he can only play when selected. 

If we have Dunne, Berra, Dikamona and Souttar all fit in January, perhaps he'll want to go somewhere where he'll get a game, especially as this is likely to be his last season before retirement. 

Quite why anyone gets worked up about this is beyond me. Our squad includes a vastly-experienced senior international player who is coming towards the end of his career. Our manager knows everything there is to know about what makes a good central defender. If Levein judges that Hughes brings something important to the squad (and may in time become a coach, who knows?) that is more than good enough for me.

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Quite why anyone gets worked up about this is beyond me. Our squad includes a vastly-experienced senior international player who is coming towards the end of his career. Our manager knows everything there is to know about what makes a good central defender. If Levein judges that Hughes brings something important to the squad (and may in time become a coach, who knows?) that is more than good enough for me.

?

4 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

There are quite a few posters on jkb who are always looking for an excuse to have a go at Levein or the club. Hughes is a handy excuse! 

As others have said, Hughes is at the club for much more than his playing:

Levein: "I walked past the video analysis room recently and Aaron was in there with Chris Hamilton. Chris is 16 and he’s going into a dressing room with Aaron, who has played hundreds of games in the Premiership. It’d be crazy not to take advantage of being in that dressing room with these experienced guys.”

Cochrane: “Aaron has been brilliant for me, I watch him every day and look up to him. He’s a top professional who has had a brilliant career, he’s been superb with all the kids since he came to the club. He’s one of the nicest people you could ever meet and from watching him that’s something I’ve learned — be nice to people. I want to be more like him, be nice to everyone and help people as much as you can. He works so hard, he’s played so many games for Northern Ireland and in the English Premier League — that’s where we all want to be. Aaron is a great guy and I just watch him and see what he does."

Bigger picture and all that.

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein: "I walked past the video analysis room recently and Aaron was in there with Chris Hamilton. Chris is 16 and he’s going into a dressing room with Aaron, who has played hundreds of games in the Premiership. It’d be crazy not to take advantage of being in that dressing room with these experienced guys.”

Cochrane: “Aaron has been brilliant for me, I watch him every day and look up to him. He’s a top professional who has had a brilliant career, he’s been superb with all the kids since he came to the club. He’s one of the nicest people you could ever meet and from watching him that’s something I’ve learned — be nice to people. I want to be more like him, be nice to everyone and help people as much as you can. He works so hard, he’s played so many games for Northern Ireland and in the English Premier League — that’s where we all want to be. Aaron is a great guy and I just watch him and see what he does."

Someone will no doubt be along in due course to complain that the club is too 'soft', and that being nice to people is completely unacceptable!

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cochrane: “Aaron has been brilliant for me, I watch him every day and look up to him. He’s a top professional who has had a brilliant career, he’s been superb with all the kids since he came to the club. He’s one of the nicest people you could ever meet and from watching him that’s something I’ve learned — be nice to people. I want to be more like him, be nice to everyone and help people as much as you can. He works so hard, he’s played so many games for Northern Ireland and in the English Premier League — that’s where we all want to be. Aaron is a great guy and I just watch him and see what he does."

Brilliant.

Although no doubt one of our resident roasters will be along to re-iterate that he’s a waste of money, not value for money ...yada yada